Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 am 

I thought the rest of you might "enjoy" the "wisdom" that members of DZW have to endure on an almost daily basis. April Fool Day seems like a most fitting and auspicious day to start this thread. Feel free to curse, argue, correct or parse The Prophet's pithy sentence fragments. Have fun!

Gary wrote on Apr 1, 2013 at 08:26 AM

April 1st 2013

Lots of history on this day. Not so sure how many will be going around tracking the fishes through the streets but sometimes the so called April Fools practical jokes are far more literally serious. Case in point is when on this day in 2009, without any notice, Ray White quits ZPZ via an e-mail. For those of us that well understand, the history lesson of the hilarious is the seriousness of the punchline. Some musicians lack professional ethics, while they fall in these rabbit holes more than one time in their careers ZPZ are steadfast in moving the project forward.

Dweezil Zappa "So we're getting ready to leave for Japan and Australia and we've been rehearsing away like a good little teenage rocking combo. Diligently re-distributing parts and practicing our new musical responsibilities in the wake of Aaron Arntz's departure. We decide to stop for a moment and we say to ourselves where is Ray White?"

In following the evolution since that day it was not only remarkable of what the band was met with to prepare for that tour. The direction they took, the achievements accomplished. With each passing moment. What has progressed in the tours. The F.O.H. releases. The new F.O.H. coming our was this spring, a special tour on the way. Sans Alumni is a beautiful thing. Four Years Later. Do we see more clearly, Do we hear more clearly, Do we follow more clearly. Day by Day the Zappa Plays Zappa-Spell is far more encompassing of the alternative entertainment that brings joy to our daily lives than some alumni quotient that lacks the diligence that the composers music deserves, and but also hopefully there will be time to get a ZPZ video out.

Goodnight Clement Clarke Moore wherever you are.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 am 

He is truly a fool for all seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 am 

Ontday encourageway imhay.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:30 am 

uhhhhhhhh..... lie.... yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:16 pm 

If I said ,what the fuck are you always badmouthing the "alumni" for Gary? Over on DZW,I would be banned or suspended and everybody there will have to listen to this babble in big steaming heaps.
So their "answer" is to embrace his uberfan babble and everyone is nice and pleasant as can be towards him. Even me, I can't really find a good reason to go out of my way to respond to anything anybody posted on the web or a site. Why bother? It's not like it's gonna make a heck of a lot of difference anyway, ya know? To me he's like a bad pop-up and I just delete him from the conversation. There have been times when the little so and so helped some of our Nordic ZappaFreak friends when they came to NYC, met them and found nice lodging and food for them. That has endeared him over there.
He's out there, in every sense of the word, but he ain't dangerous, just a little grating. I'm sure he'll read this and I'll see it on DZW in some "I'm gonna be cleaver and but also get this little barb-a-roony on KK", type of Trendmongerism that we all can't understand anyway.
Whatcha' gonna do? Dwell on it until the end of daze?

I don't think JP could get by registration without a FAIL, and a rebuke like, "your 'tude is not nice young man! You can take that negativity back to Zappa.com were it belongs!" :mrgreen:

...no shit! ~ FZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 pm 

Gary is a fuck-witted idiot. He's a sneaky little fucker that stirs shit all around himself and the cries foul about others not playing nice. He's also in love with the sound of his own voice. A nuisance, an idiot and a sustained self-abuser. A ball-bag. an opportunist, a hypocrite and a manipulator. Deluded. Believes himself to be in some way connected to ZFT. Uses in-depth knowledge of FZ to exclude and belittle others. Harnesses irrational grudges against 1. alumni and 2. people with opinions at variance with his own. A fucking know-all that knows fuck all. A mouth. Verbally incontinent. Smug wanker with nothing to be smug about. Narcissistic. Super needy. Insecure. Fuck 'im.

Sorry...I should point out that this is not my opinion. I simply looked up "Gary Titone" in the dictionary and found the entry above.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:56 pm 

Wiping the tears from my eyes. Truer words were never spoken. Thank you for your testimony, Brother Jack.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:47 pm 

Very interesting... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm 

"You wander into a forum with a keyboard under your hands
you see something negative and you want that person banned
you try so hard but you don't understand
Your level of fanaticism makes people groan
Because something is happening here and you don't know what it is
Do you, Mr Titone?"

"You type a message and say "this is where it is"
and somebody points to you and says "no, that's his"
and you say "My god, you don't understand the Zappa Biz"
and you don't realize that you're all alone
But something is happening here and you don't know what it is
Do you, Mr Titone?"

"You point the blame and say "you're a bunch of geeks"
they all cringe and roll their eyes when they hear you speak
and they say 'How does it feel to be such a freak?'
And you say "Read em and weep" because Frank handed you a bone
and something is happening here but you don't know what it is
do you, Mr Titone?"

and so on....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:14 pm 

That was great. Did you write that?

Well, I would not feel so all alone
everybody must get Titoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 pm 

Mad Jack McMad wrote:
Gary is a fuck-witted idiot. He's a sneaky little fucker that stirs shit all around himself and the cries foul about others not playing nice. He's also in love with the sound of his own voice. A nuisance, an idiot and a sustained self-abuser. A ball-bag. an opportunist, a hypocrite and a manipulator. Deluded. Believes himself to be in some way connected to ZFT. Uses in-depth knowledge of FZ to exclude and belittle others. Harnesses irrational grudges against 1. alumni and 2. people with opinions at variance with his own. A fucking know-all that knows fuck all. A mouth. Verbally incontinent. Smug wanker with nothing to be smug about. Narcissistic. Super needy. Insecure. Fuck 'im.

Sorry...I should point out that this is not my opinion. I simply looked up "Gary Titone" in the dictionary and found the entry above.

Interestingly enough, if you look up the word "sycophant" in the dictionary there is only a picture of Gary.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:08 pm 

Concerning the Trendy quote that opened this enlightening little thread:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... e=1&ref=nf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 pm 

Tit One needs to read this one again.

"Trendmonger here,

I just felt it was time to sincerely send out an Open Letter Of Apology to all the members of the Zappa.com Forum. I realize that my commentary frequently requires tons of energy to even attempt to comprehend where I am coming from and no matter where I may be coming from on any given issue I come across as perceived with some domineering set the zappa fan on the right path according to Gary Titone philostophy.

Folks I honestly only tried to give my views but sometimes as I have by taking a step back you get to see things more clearly. And when I don't see it myself sometimes a friend politely lets me know. Even if I try to articulate myself by stating I am open to opinions and everyone deserves to have one I just dig in too deep on issues that many may just not have the energy for where I bring down the general good nature and intent of this forum.

As I withdraw and drown myself in The Fountain of The Big Note if I have offended anyone please accept my apology and enjoy Zappa in the way that is right for you.

Peace"

You can find it here. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13216

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:51 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:20 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
That was great. Did you write that?

Well, I would not feel so all alone
everybody must get Titoned

Yeah, I had listened to it earlier in the day and it was stuck in my head.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:46 am 

Here's another recent gem from Trendmonkey's ongoing effort to deify his hero. As is often the case with his blog posts, no one has responded so far.

by Gary wrote on Mar 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Gary 's Blog Posts

With today being holy celebrations of Good Friday and Passover I find it fitting to generalise these celebrations with what Frank Zappa left us to enjoy in Good Will.

Frank did not leave us an Exodus or a Cross, but in the token of Good Will his work lives on to celebrate. As is included in the Official Frank Zappa Catalog "Special Thanks to the FZ Teen-age Audience and Support Team..."

Frank Zappa left us his canon. His Project/Object continues to move forward. I encourage all to extend Good Will to Frank Zappa the American Composer, Official ZFT Offerings and all of the Zappa Community that lives in a day and age where Time Is Of Affliction.

Have a visit with Frank Zappa American Composer.
http://www.zappa.com/stufftoget/audio/index.html

The link might actually prove interesting. When time proves less afflicting, I may look into it. Also, great lyrics, calvin!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:36 am 

lol @ Tiiiiiii-toned!!

Brilliant!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:32 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
Gary wrote on Mar 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM
With today being holy celebrations of Good Friday and Passover I find it fitting to generalise these celebrations...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:43 am 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
Gary wrote on Mar 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM
With today being holy celebrations of Good Friday and Passover I find it fitting to generalise these celebrations...

That's a typo. He meant "marginalise".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Do you, Mr Titone?"

Do you, Mr Titone?"

do you, Mr Titone?"

and so on....

outstanding, cal.

i would like to state for the record that i have never once (and i mean NEVER) read one of trendmonger's posts in it's entirety. i just can't do it.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:59 pm 

Your all such Bully's to poor gary...and his cousin in canada DB Titoned...ya all are bad... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 pm 

sleeping in a jar wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Do you, Mr Titone?"

Do you, Mr Titone?"

do you, Mr Titone?"

and so on....

outstanding, cal.

i would like to state for the record that i have never once (and i mean NEVER) read one of trendmonger's posts in it's entirety. i just can't do it.

THIS.

tweedle-dee wrote:
Your all such Bully's to poor gary...and his cousin in canada DB Titoned...ya all are bad... :smoke:

That train ain't never late... :smoke:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:41 am 

Chew on this one for awhile:

Gary wrote on Apr 2, 2013 at 07:07 AM

Thanks for your contributions. Being that "Time Is Of Affliction", going back to this piece of music that Frank wrote when he was 18 gives an interesting point counterpoint to FZs entire body of work. While it's unfortunate that excavation of FZs two guitar version has yet to surface this work has a place that has a bit more expression than an Alpha and Omega view of his work.

FZs Big Note has so much more meaning than the simple side of the density of this 12 tone crab canon played against the statistical density of N-Lite. FZ himself never played it. After it was put in the synclavier upon hitting the play button FZ himself described it as "kind of short and boring". From one perspective it may kinda seem short and boring in comparison to N-Lite but as part of the whole of all his works it all fits in, where it was a theme that unfortunately was not represented as well as it could have.

Thanks not only for the performances but your efforts also play a part in fixing the huge brown clouds that time can place on the composer's work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 am 

Strangely, I was thinking of brown clouds too. But not in the way that Gary Man-Meat meant. The fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm 

I can feel the love, Brother Jack. The Good Will overwhelms me. Thank you and come again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next