Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2744 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 110  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Ah shucks, your kidding me?


Not kidding, but laughing!


:D Cool! :D

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:

No, it's not that I don't believe you believe that. It's why what you believe negates your point. :wink:


Ah, good. So you've established that I share the same Weltanschauung as Ben Bernanke, i.e. I support the views of a member of the Republican party, somebody who was originally a Bush appointee and who loves Friedman- jolly good, well noticed!


By the same token, I will be repeatedly posting Beck, Rand Paul and Jesse Benton quotes, videos and info and associating them with you and Ron Paul in the near future -who gives a fuck; they're all Libertarians, anyway.

(If I can be bothered)

More importantly, I have heard through inofficial sources that the EU is planning on introducing legislation on the Female Orgasm. It can only be officially described as an orgasm if particular criteria are fulfilled (moaning, moist vagina, trembling, and the words "Ohgodohgodohgodoh" to be pronounced). The British are up in arms as the most they can manage is: "Thank you, Darling - shall we have a cup of tea?", afterwards.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3613
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
No, it's not that I don't believe you believe that. It's why what you believe negates your point. :wink:


Ah, good. So you've established that I share the same Weltanschauung as Ben Bernanke, i.e. I support the views of a member of the Republican party, somebody who was originally a Bush appointee and who loves Friedman- jolly good, well noticed!


By the same token, I will be repeatedly posting Beck, Rand Paul and Jesse Benton quotes, videos and info and associating them with you and Ron Paul in the near future -who gives a fuck; they're all Libertarians, anyway.

(If I can be bothered)


No, I'm saying Keynesians are Keynesians, the Austrian School of Economics followers are Austrian School of Economics followers, that Bernanke follows the Keynesians play book virtually page by page...and that your Glenn Beck Libertarian hypothetical doesn't make sense, since people with radically different views can sometimes agree. It's quite simple.

But since you're so extremely good at skewing the conversation and dancing around the issues, keep it up if you wish. It's always quite entertaining...

:roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
May be

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9599
caputh wrote:
May be
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
caputh wrote:
May be
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image


:lol: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smoke:
:smurf:

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2364
Disco Boy wrote:
No, I'm saying Keynesians are Keynesians, the Austrian School of Economics followers are Austrian School of Economics followers, that Bernanke follows the Keynesians play book virtually page by page...and that your Glenn Beck Libertarian hypothetical doesn't make sense, since people with radically different views can sometimes agree. It's quite simple.


Did your parents, or, perhaps, your dentist, teach you that you should always brush your teeth after meals? If you've followed this advice throughout your life, Dr Phil Stemmer, B.D.S., the founder and clinical director of London's Fresh Breath Centre, has some bad news for you. You may have done irreparable damage to the enamel of your teeth. In fact, he warns, it's absolutely essential that you not brush until at least an hour after eating "because food acids and sugars temporarily weaken the protective enamel on the teeth. If you clean your teeth too soon, you are actually brushing away at the enamel before it hardens again." The best routine? "Brush your teeth before meals", Dr Stemmer advises, "and then freshen up after eating using an alcohol-free mouthwash."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Sound advice from the Doctor there.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20839
Location: Somewhere in time
We just had a whole local town vote out Fluoridation of water after many dentist spoke on the unquestionable proof that it prevents child tooth loss and cavities and has an over all savings in dollars, those who spoke to get it overturned were mostly rightwing Tea Party baggers who testified they got most of their information from the internet, Fox News, and Glenn beck...by a vote of 5 to 2 it passed and they will stop fluoridation, one of the dissenting voters on the counsel said he could not believe what just happened...

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3613
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
No, I'm saying Keynesians are Keynesians, the Austrian School of Economics followers are Austrian School of Economics followers, that Bernanke follows the Keynesians play book virtually page by page...and that your Glenn Beck Libertarian hypothetical doesn't make sense, since people with radically different views can sometimes agree. It's quite simple.


Did your parents, or, perhaps, your dentist, teach you that you should always brush your teeth after meals? If you've followed this advice throughout your life, Dr Phil Stemmer, B.D.S., the founder and clinical director of London's Fresh Breath Centre, has some bad news for you. You may have done irreparable damage to the enamel of your teeth. In fact, he warns, it's absolutely essential that you not brush until at least an hour after eating "because food acids and sugars temporarily weaken the protective enamel on the teeth. If you clean your teeth too soon, you are actually brushing away at the enamel before it hardens again." The best routine? "Brush your teeth before meals", Dr Stemmer advises, "and then freshen up after eating using an alcohol-free mouthwash."


No, Dr. Diversion...once or twice a day is enough. But they did teach me to provide enough compelling evidence or proof when backing up my claims. This is something most here (including you) should look into...

tweedle-dee wrote:
We just had a whole local town vote out Fluoridation of water after many dentist spoke on the unquestionable proof that it prevents child tooth loss and cavities and has an over all savings in dollars, those who spoke to get it overturned were mostly rightwing Tea Party baggers who testified they got most of their information from the internet, Fox News, and Glenn beck...by a vote of 5 to 2 it passed and they will stop fluoridation, one of the dissenting voters on the counsel said he could not believe what just happened...

:smoke:


Since Ron Paul is not a member of the Tea Party, wtf does that have to do with this thread? Redundancy must be your middle name... :roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2364
Disco Boy wrote:
they did teach me to provide enough compelling evidence or proof when backing up my claims. This is something most here (including you) should look into...

Thanks. I looked into it when I was about 10 years old.

Here's the deal: I don't need to provide any evidence because I have nothing to prove.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3613
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
they did teach me to provide enough compelling evidence or proof when backing up my claims. This is something most here (including you) should look into...

Thanks. I looked into it when I was about 10 years old.

Here's the deal: I don't need to provide any evidence because I have nothing to prove.


That pretty much sums it up.

Thank you.

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2364
Disco Boy wrote:
Thank you.


No Problem.

I hope you pass the Bar examination and do great things when you grow up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20839
Location: Somewhere in time
Bully Boy wrote:
Plook wrote:
We just had a whole local town vote out Fluoridation of water after many dentist spoke on the unquestionable proof that it prevents child tooth loss and cavities and has an over all savings in dollars, those who spoke to get it overturned were mostly rightwing Tea Party baggers who testified they got most of their information from the internet, Fox News, and Glenn beck...by a vote of 5 to 2 it passed and they will stop fluoridation, one of the dissenting voters on the counsel said he could not believe what just happened...

:smoke:


Since Ron Paul is not a member of the Tea Party, wtf does that have to do with this thread? Redundancy must be your middle name... :roll:



WTF...really, so why is he the Poster Child for the Tea Party which considers itself the Libertarian and who got him elected...are you really that naive or it just doesn't fit another one of your self constructed facts... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1863
The Republican Party co-opted the Tea Party before it got out of hand with freedom lovers. They watered it down with right-wing religious nuts and redneck gun lovers. Ron Paul spawned the Tea Party, but he has since disavowed it...it wasn't his idea in the first place, and he's just a hero of Tea Partiers, who were castrated by the Republican Party anyway, and Ron Paul is against castration.

"This tea taste funny..." - Ron Paul


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1863
The problem, plook, is people who are all too ready to accept the picture painted by corporate media. The television has implied that Ron Paul is all about the Tea Party, and of course, you think that it is true, because Diane Sawyer would never lie to you.

Right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5780
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Ron Pauls 15 minutes of fame ended when his 10 million supporters didn't even bother to show up to the polls in the primaries. End of story...but I'm sure somebody here will keep a candle lit in the window sill or tie a yellow ribbon 'round the 'ol oak tree for him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3613
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Thank you.


No Problem.

I hope you pass the Bar examination and do great things when you grow up.


You may now return to your regularly scheduled diversion tactics that don't provide or suggest any solutions, Barbara. Actually, you never left...so never mind.

tweedle-dee wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Since Ron Paul is not a member of the Tea Party, wtf does that have to do with this thread? Redundancy must be your middle name... :roll:


WTF...really, so why is he the Poster Child for the Tea Party which considers itself the Libertarian and who got him elected...are you really that naive or it just doesn't fit another one of your self constructed facts... :smoke:


A rope leash wrote:
The Republican Party co-opted the Tea Party before it got out of hand with freedom lovers. They watered it down with right-wing religious nuts and redneck gun lovers. Ron Paul spawned the Tea Party, but he has since disavowed it...it wasn't his idea in the first place, and he's just a hero of Tea Partiers, who were castrated by the Republican Party anyway, and Ron Paul is against castration.

"This tea taste funny..." - Ron Paul

The problem, plook, is people who are all too ready to accept the picture painted by corporate media. The television has implied that Ron Paul is all about the Tea Party, and of course, you think that it is true, because Diane Sawyer would never lie to you.

Right?


Thank you, A rope leash.

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Ron Pauls 15 minutes of fame ended when his 10 million supporters didn't even bother to show up to the polls in the primaries. End of story...but I'm sure somebody here will keep a candle lit in the window sill or tie a yellow ribbon 'round the 'ol oak tree for him.


ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

Not EVERYONE is allowed to vote in the primaries, genius.

Actually, YOUR middle name must be redundancy, not tweedle-dee's. :roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5780
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Not only was that train late, it crashed before it even left the station...

Image


Everybody sing right along....

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:

Since Ron Paul is not a member of the Tea Party, wtf does that have to do with this thread? Redundancy must be your middle name... :roll:


So that is why Ron Paul held speeches such as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r8Gdr0xDRM

endorsing Tea Partier Ted Cruz with a banner behind him which reads "Tea Party Express".

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1863
Just because Ron Paul endorsed a Tea Party candidate does not mean Ron Paul is the leader of the Tea Party. He is a hero of the Tea Party, and they are all fucking Republicans, and this is what they do, to help each other get elected.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5780
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
The Tea Party was all about a bunch of bitter racists who are mad because a black man was elected into office. Nothing more, nothing less.


If they were truly the legitimate group of constitutionalsts they claimed to be, besides being funded by the Koch brothers, they wouldn't stand for this -----> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/0 ... 03401.html

...which pretty much proves that the whole thing was a charade.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 516
I'll give him credit where it's due. At least he's the only politician (not media personality, nor banker) to publicly admit that the fiat financial situation is fucked up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4895
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
A rope leash wrote:
Just because Ron Paul endorsed a Tea Party candidate does not mean Ron Paul is the leader of the Tea Party. He is a hero of the Tea Party, and they are all fucking Republicans, and this is what they do, to help each other get elected.


I think you may very well be right, though I'm not sure whether DB agrees, particularly with the statement
Quote:
they are all fucking Republicans
...

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2364
DB says I never offer solutions......

The powers that be know that there is a large demographic out there that feel the way Ron Paul claims to feel. They prop him up as the 3rd candidate in order to sucker all of the hicks into believing he really means what he's saying. He tells you what you want to hear. His speech writers understand that many people want to hear the truth about certain things. RP, who could never possibly win, tells those truths in order to suck you in. Talk about Mr Diversion! ( As DB called me) RP could never change anything. He works for the same international syndicate as Obama and Romney. Go ahead and prove he doesn't if you love proving shit so much. Actually, please don't bother trying.

It's an obvious con. It's frustrating to see this taken seriously this late in the history of Earth. Disco Boy, bless his pointed little head, wants me to "name these men" who run the show. Yeah, right. The shadowland people. The power behind the power. Men who don't allow their pictures taken and who are never in the news. We'll maybe find out who they were after they are old or dead and it is safe to talk. That's how it always goes. My solution? Stop breeding.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2744 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 110  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBP, Bing [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group