Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: re: trout mask replica
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:34 pm 

bloodsugar00 wrote:
...I'm presuming $60 is a pretty good price?- seems to be going for at least $80 from my semi-attentive observations recently
cost me $69.95 new from a record store about 5 years ago; the 100+ page booklet alone is awesome, super high quality artwork, excellent dialog from the band, with plenty of zappa recollections, the double hard-shell packaging is also very high quality and sits nicely on a bookshelf or cd shelf ... $80 is not overpriced

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 pm 

tweezers wrote:
DC Boogie wrote:
college rhythm wrote:
I'll only buy it if they give John French a drumming credit. It's absolutely shameful he wasn't credited on the original album.

+1 + Jan Van Vliet gets her due share.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought that the issuance of Bat Chain Puller signaled that the ZFT was trying to help Ms. Van Vliet. Gail believes in being paid for intellectual property, I truly believe that Jan gets paid.

The Capt. did get an obit on Zappa.com's "of consequence" where others haven't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:03 am 

Ordered

I loaned out my original copy.....never returned

moral: don't lend cd's, lp's, tee shirt's, lawnmower's, car's, motorcycle's or money to my cousin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:44 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Ordered

I loaned out my original copy.....never returned

moral: don't lend cd's, lp's, tee shirt's, lawnmower's, car's, motorcycle's or money to my cousin

....or Ike Willis! :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:59 am 

I hope this is remastered from the original tapes (even though I have no complaints about my old CD). By the way, Drumbo was credited on the CD, though not on the LP (an absolutely outrageous movement from the Captain, what Drumbo does on that recording is simply groundbreaking!). I hope "Lick My Decals Off, Baby" is given the same treatment. After all, it was released by Straight Records, maybe we got a chance of having it back on the shelves of our nearest record shop (well, ok, I'm satisfied with seeing it available at least on the Zappa store soon).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:02 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
bloodsugar00 wrote:
...I'm presuming $60 is a pretty good price?- seems to be going for at least $80 from my semi-attentive observations recently
cost me $69.95 new from a record store about 5 years ago; the 100+ page booklet alone is awesome, super high quality artwork, excellent dialog from the band, with plenty of zappa recollections, the double hard-shell packaging is also very high quality and sits nicely on a bookshelf or cd shelf ... $80 is not overpriced

Decided to take the plunge for a used copy from a seller on Discogs for $90, including shipping (apparently like new condition). :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:25 am 

BloodSugar00 wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
bloodsugar00 wrote:

Decided to take the plunge for a used copy from a seller on Discogs for $90, including shipping (apparently like new condition). :smoke:

You will be pleased, as was said earlier, the live stuff is good and the booklet is fantastic and I learned quite a bit by reading it (before I burned the discs).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 am 

tweezers wrote:
... (before I burned the discs).

Did he claim he was bigger than Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:44 am 

I don't remember him saying that 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:39 am 

just plain doug wrote:
tweezers wrote:

tweezers wrote:

Then why did you torch the discs? Was it similar to when JL said The BeaTles were bigger than christ? Like way back in '66 when all the conservative christain groups in the US gathered up and "burned" BeaTle albums under the old rugged cross? Is that why you burned them? :cry: They were bigger than christ with the youth of the day......no shit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
tweezers wrote:

tweezers wrote:

Then why did you torch the discs? Was it similar to when JL said The BeaTles were bigger than christ? Like way back in '66 when all the conservative christain groups in the US gathered up and "burned" BeaTle albums under the old rugged cross? Is that why you burned them? :cry: They were bigger than christ with the youth of the day......no shit.

the content is on my hard drive, I did not blaspheme, I did not blaspheme. I beg forgiveness. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:20 am 

tweezers wrote:
the content is on my hard drive, I did not blaspheme, I did not blaspheme. I beg forgiveness. :shock:

Hey, tell it to a christian, I've already forgot what you need absolution about anyway, but those christains have an elephants memory of slights against their king of Queens. They get real anal about their big guy and don't "forgive" doodely squat. Ever!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:15 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
tweezers wrote:

Hey, tell it to a christian, I've already forgot what you need absolution about anyway, but those christains have an elephants memory of slights against their king of Queens. They get real anal about their big guy and don't "forgive" doodely squat. Ever!

...as Frank said "Revenge the Crusades!" Judeo-Christian Values - it's all about some talking snake.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:44 am 

tweezers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
tweezers wrote:

...as Frank said "Revenge the Crusades!" Judeo-Christian Values - it's all about some talking snake.

It's all a Hypocrites Ball or as FZ put it The Cocksuckers Ball.
If any of the more fervent of that cult ever got near the white house, it would be 123 what are we fighting 4? Don't ask them , they don't give a damn, next stop is____and take that to the bank.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 am 

tweezers wrote:
You will be pleased, as was said earlier, the live stuff is good and the booklet is fantastic and I learned quite a bit by reading it (before I burned the discs).

Looking forward to it! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:23 am 

OH, HO, HOooo! He is making joke! Like when you say 'you BURN disc', he think you mean you burn them on fire! Oh, ho,ho! But, you really mean you burn them onto either another disc or computer! Oh,ho, ho..is funny!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:03 pm 

vince_de_wild wrote:
OH, HO, HOooo! He is making joke! Like when you say 'you BURN disc', he think you mean you burn them on fire! Oh, ho,ho! But, you really mean you burn them onto either another disc or computer! Oh,ho, ho..is funny!

I run into problems with the "new" language all the time.
At the store, the clerk asked me if I had swiped my card. I said "No. I got it through the mail."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:15 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
vince_de_wild wrote:

I run into problems with the "new" language all the time.
At the store, the clerk asked me if I had swiped my card. I said "No. I got it through the mail."

It's all propaganda, except in India where it's Propagandi. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
It's all propaganda, except in India where it's Propagandi. :lol:

What's shaushage for the goose is props for the Gandhi.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:01 pm 

16 minutes ago on Facebook:

Quote:
TROUT MASK REPLICA

No Kidding!
Trout Mask Replica!!
Replicate Yourself!!!

Note: We here at UMRK determined that the TMR Master was damaged somewhere in the years of it's return orbit. The Vaultmeister created almost in its entirety a new Master from our own Vault safety copies. And as if that wasn't enough chocolate for your Sunday sundae, we had Bob Ludwig remaster the Work for you. What you now have available to you is the definitive TROUT MASK REPLICA. Be the judge. Be the jury. Be the bongo. Be the fury!!!

Pre-Order Here: http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/ ... =971_15167

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:38 pm 

scabdates wrote:
16 minutes ago on Facebook:
Quote:
TROUT MASK REPLICA

No Kidding!
Trout Mask Replica!!
Replicate Yourself!!!

Note: We here at UMRK determined that the TMR Master was damaged somewhere in the years of it's return orbit. The Vaultmeister created almost in its entirety a new Master from our own Vault safety copies. And as if that wasn't enough chocolate for your Sunday sundae, we had Bob Ludwig remaster the Work for you. What you now have available to you is the definitive TROUT MASK REPLICA. Be the judge. Be the jury. Be the bongo. Be the fury!!!

Pre-Order Here: http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/ ... =971_15167
This'll change calvin2hikers' mind, for sure!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:03 pm 

I almost preordered then thought, what if this is alternative take's that the Captain wanted and FZ nixed his choice only to have the next vaultmiester switch it back. So I'll have to listen to both to decide which I like best. Does that make sense? :|

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:47 pm 

Quote:
The Vaultmeister created almost in its entirety a new Master from our own Vault safety copies. And as if that wasn't enough chocolate for your Sunday sundae, we had Bob Ludwig remaster the Work for you.

Works for me. Ordered!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:14 am 

tweezers wrote:
DC Boogie wrote:
college rhythm wrote:
I'll only buy it if they give John French a drumming credit. It's absolutely shameful he wasn't credited on the original album.

+1 + Jan Van Vliet gets her due share.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought that the issuance of Bat Chain Puller signaled that the ZFT was trying to help Ms. Van Vliet. Gail believes in being paid for intellectual property, I truly believe that Jan gets paid.

I sent the following question to Gail to clarify if she will --

I would think Jan Van Vliet has an interest in the estate of Don, similar to your own interest in the estate of Frank. I wonder how she is involved in the new issue of Trout Mask Replica and how her interests are taken care of?

Cordially,

O. M. Grimeland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:39 am 

DC Boogie wrote:
I sent the following question to Gail to clarify if she will --

I would think Jan Van Vliet has an interest in the estate of Don, similar to your own interest in the estate of Frank. I wonder how she is involved in the new issue of Trout Mask Replica and how her interests are taken care of?

Cordially,

O. M. Grimeland

The Reply:

Unsigned E-mail wrote:
There really isn't a cordial way of not minding your own business and answering for anyone other than myself is not my business.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next