Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:40 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:

I think perhaps Bonny's got a little crush on Dougie Hamilton just like the lions do. :wink:

I'm more the "creepy cute" type.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:56 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Learned you can't home school your kids in Germany, if you do the cops come and arrest and fine you. guess that's why we like our freedom in the USA

It possibly depends on who is doing the home schooling. Roy Estrada? Oral Roberts? Jeffrey Dahmer? Lee Harvey Oswald? Linda Lovelace? Jimmy Swaggert?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:57 pm 

BBP wrote:
Got some catching up to do! It's because I don't partake in silly forum games like "post a random GIF" or "bully the newbie".

Birds love peanuts!

What the what... :?:

I am not sure what GIF is but I find the silly forum games as you call them to be mentally stimulating and help in my work. I not only spend an incredible amount of time in the field but nearly an equal amount on the computer, I nearly perform two full time jobs every week and work 6 to 7 days a week.

When I jump on the computer at the butt crack of dawn I find playing the silly forum games gets my mind sharpened for the work I do, and when I finish late at night it helps me relax.

My job well rewarding includes not only one foot in building sites and equipment in the field, but another in a very high tech field that requires me to keep up in one of the most cutting edge industries that burns people out in no time at all.

I also have to do all my own administrative work including time, booking trips, rectifying a corporate credit card, tracking my work, scheduling my work, tracking contractors, training contractors, tracking their work, working with Project Managers, Technical Support, Engineering, interfacing with many major telecommunication provider companies, I do problem identification, corrective action, conference calls out the wazoo, and I take and track training I need to keep a slew of certificates current, study and learn new products, technologies, theories, and more! Which is really hard for me since I am not the sharpest pencil in the box.

So I apologize for being a silly man but sometimes between a job that demanding and trying to be supportive of a boat load of women I’ve raised, being part of a 3 year olds life, and taking care of my sick wife…I just want to be silly, so please forgive me that trying to laugh for a couple of moments a day…I just never took myself too seriously anyway.

As for the Bullying newbies, you need to work on your Crapdetector, the so called newbies are anything but and dare I say being a straight shooters does not make one a bully, while others here are truly anti social, something I have never been accused of.

Sorry if I come off blunt but I have never been a candy coater and what you see is what you get, you can always rely on me telling you exactly how its is, I’m all facts.

Dogs love bones... :idea:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:02 pm 

Glad you can find some use for it... I don't. Keeps your post count nice and low.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:22 pm 

You think that people would have had enough of silly forum games
I look around me and I see it isn't so
Some people want to fill their screens with silly forum games
And what's wrong with that, I need to know
Cuz here I go againnnnnnnnnnn :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 pm 

FalseDichotomy wrote:

I thought you were dead?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:08 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
FalseDichotomy wrote:

I thought you were dead?

I just smell funny.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:48 pm 

BBP wrote:
Glad you can find some use for it... I don't. Keeps your post count nice and low.

Chu Maka Hi... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:07 am 

The moon is radioactive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 am 

BBP wrote:
The moon is radioactive.

The moon gets a lot of airplay then, eh? Must be on the top playlist loop. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:24 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:
The moon is radioactive.

The moon gets a lot of airplay then, eh? Must be on the top playlist loop. :wink:

Radio active mmmm thats why it glows in the dark

and no dark side etc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 am 

"Jumbo Go Away" is about the sort of women Denny Walley attracts. I really misunderstood this one!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:
The moon is radioactive.

There is strong evidence that it is hollow and possible a construction... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:25 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
"Jumbo Go Away" is about the sort of women Denny Walley attracts. I really misunderstood this one!

Fat Bottomed Girls? Please expand on this Denny Walley fascinating phenomenon jpd. How'd you find this out? Does it apply to big eared girls with trunks too? Enquiring minds gotsta' know!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:56 pm 

A diet high in sugar alters skin tissue.

I signed on the line for seven long years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

Fat Bottomed Girls? Please expand on this Denny Walley fascinating phenomenon jpd. How'd you find this out? Does it apply to big eared girls with trunks too? Enquiring minds gotsta' know!

On Sunday evening/Monday morning I listened to Frank's concert "Rhein-Main-Halle, Wiesbaden, Germany 1979 03 27 - Early show". During it, Frank explained the song because "it" had happened again, the previous evening, on an elevator.
"It" being the way Denny, when he's in a bar, seems to always attract women who's heads are too large for their body. NOT fat women! Regular sized women with large very heads, who want to put that head between his legs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

On Sunday evening/Monday morning I listened to Frank's concert "Rhein-Main-Halle, Wiesbaden, Germany 1979 03 27 - Early show". During it, Frank explained the song because "it" had happened again, the previous evening, on an elevator.
"It" being the way Denny, when he's in a bar, seems to always attract women who's heads are too large for their body. NOT fat women! Regular sized women with large very heads, who want to put that head between his legs.

Ah yes, the big headed girls. I can see it clearly now! I figured it had to do with something big. That's a funny story I've never heard it before and gives a whole new meaning to Jumbo Go Away. How was the rest of that concert? How's the sound on it? Etcetera...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:01 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
... How was the rest of that concert? How's the sound on it? Etcetera...

"Good Evening, G.I.s..."
Good concert. Not so great sound quality. Rated as A-/B+, which is a generous rating.
On "Titties 'N' Beer", the devil is sung by Warren (I think). Maybe I'm too used to Bozzio's frantic style, but Warren's laid-back singing style makes the devil sound bored. I prefer Bozzio's version.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 am 

According to recent research, the best way to get a song out of your head is to solve a tricky puzzle. Should remember this!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 am 

just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
... How was the rest of that concert? How's the sound on it? Etcetera...

"Good Evening, G.I.s..."
Good concert. Not so great sound quality. Rated as A-/B+, which is a generous rating.
On "Titties 'N' Beer", the devil is sung by Warren (I think). Maybe I'm too used to Bozzio's frantic style, but Warren's laid-back singing style makes the devil sound bored. I prefer Bozzio's version.

Thank you jpd. I can't imagine anyone but Little Terry Bozzio singing that song either. FZ had a way of always finding the right fit for each part of any song, personnel wise. That's an amazing talent right there! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:33 pm 

This will change your life forever.

Most of us probably turned tying shoelaces the wrong way: left over right, knot, then the loop, then move the string counter-clockwise over the loop and pull through. The loops will be positioned lengthwise over the shoe.
Why is it wrong? They'll loosen continuously while walking!

How to do it right:
Either make the initial knot right over left,
OR turn the string clockwise over the loop. They'll never loosen again unless you pull the string!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:50 pm 

BBP wrote:

Most of us probably turned tying shoelaces the wrong way: left over right, knot, then the loop, then move the string counter-clockwise over the loop and pull through. The loops will be positioned lengthwise over the shoe.

How to do it right:
OR turn the string clockwise over the loop. They'll never loosen again unless you pull the string!

I've just switched from pull on boots to hiking boots with laces. I'll try anything, it's getting real irritating bending over all the time. It's terrible with all these confounded devices people are staring at while walking, it can be down right embarrassing. Downtown it's like I'm playing center to someone's quarterback plus the initial "bump" can be interpreted too many ways. "Hey, I don't let anyone back there, so wtf you doin'?" ya know? Thanx, I'll try it today BBP. I'm tired of tying my laces with my butt to the wall! 8) :D

EDIT: That's confusingly hard to do. You must have small digits rather than these handsome yet narly-oak knot digits of mine. Did it, now time will tell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:27 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:

How to do it right:

I've just switched from pull on boots to hiking boots with laces. I'll try anything, it's getting real irritating bending over all the time. It's terrible with all these confounded devices people are staring at while walking, it can be down right embarrassing. Downtown it's like I'm playing center to someone's quarterback plus the initial "bump" can be interpreted too many ways. "Hey, I don't let anyone back there, so wtf you doin'?" ya know? Thanx, I'll try it today BBP. I'm tired of tying my laces with my butt to the wall! 8) :D

EDIT: That's confusingly hard to do. You must have small digits rather than these handsome yet narly-oak knot digits of mine. Did it, now time will tell.

I'm getting old, I don't even bother tying my shoes anymore... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:57 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:

How to do it right:

I'm getting old, I don't even bother tying my shoes anymore... :smoke:

Old person velcro shoes time?

I signed on the line for seven long years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:19 am 

shoes string looped and use them like slip ons...its easy getting through TSA checkpoints at the airport... :smoke:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next