Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 357  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:06 am 

My condolences, Dove, having just passed a similar situation here, I might imagine how you and your feel. I am sorry too, Eddy...
May God be with you...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:55 am 

Put up a bluebird house in hope of getting some new neighbors.

There's nothing like a Catholic Girl
With her hand in the box
When she's on her knees

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:10 am 

I found some easter eggs!

We'd bought our chocolate eggs shortly before the trip to Paris. When we came back underfed and exhausted, many of the eggs found its way through our digestive systems. At the time I was wearing a blue vest with nice deep pockets, that I used to store eggs and wrappers in.
That night, food poisoning kicked in and I spent the next two days vomiting.
The vest ended at the bottom of the laundry pile, two months later I find it back with a large plaque of chocolate mixed with aluminum stuffed in it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:48 am 

dove_grey wrote:
Helping my Mom getting through day-by-day....my Dad passed away April 14th after a long illness and it's been so very hard on her. Inbetween trying to help do the obit (she sent it in today), getting the services ready for next Friday, and Mom having to pick up Dad's ashes today,(gorgeous urn) it's been rough. He was a hard-working, family man who loved to tinker around the house and work on cars back when he was in good health. We are forever in debt to the workers at the Extended Care center who made his last days as comfortable as possible. Mom and I were there at the end to see him off....he is very much missed.

My sincere condolences Dove you and your Mother are in my family’s thoughts and prayers…stay strong!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:00 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:

Put up a bluebird house in hope of getting some new neighbors.

They look more like our Scrub Jays or Blue Jays as we call them. I've got one that visits everyday looking for peanut. I call her Bandit, she loves peanuts, put/hide some around (shelled) and you'll have new neighbors real quick! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:13 am 

Presenting the Blue Jay.

There's nothing like a Catholic Girl
With her hand in the box
When she's on her knees

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:24 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:

Presenting the Blue Jay.

They grow 'em bigger, up here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:27 am 

I'd like to check out her tail feathers! :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:33 pm 

Thanks everyone, it helps to have friends (even the "cyber" ones!) sending good thoughts. Sorry to hear about your loss as well, edy.

BBP, if you are'nt injuring yourself :wink: then you're hurling all over...and then to find the evidence months later? How awful. That ain't a nice suprize. Take care.

We have lots of scrub jays in our backyard, noisy yet friendly boids. One used to sit on a table on the patio and would sit waiting for my Mom to feed him "Goldfish" snack crackers. Actually, all the little birds love those lil fishies. That was something Mom and Dad loved to do together, just watch them birds.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:24 pm 

dove_grey wrote:
Thanks everyone, it helps to have friends (even the "cyber" ones!) sending good thoughts. Sorry to hear about your loss as well, edy.

BBP, if you are'nt injuring yourself :wink: then you're hurling all over...and then to find the evidence months later? How awful. That ain't a nice suprize. Take care.

We have lots of scrub jays in our backyard, noisy yet friendly boids. One used to sit on a table on the patio and would sit waiting for my Mom to feed him "Goldfish" snack crackers. Actually, all the little birds love those lil fishies. That was something Mom and Dad loved to do together, just watch them birds.....

Awe, that's a nice picture you paint Dovey, a real Norman Rockwell. Very cool too! The most important times in life are the one's you wait, stop and listen with a friend or spouse, to the world around you. Gives you memories like this picture we all have now of your parents together feeding the jays those orange cheezy fish looking crackers. I wonder if the birds think it's sea food? :)

We all are cyberly behind you. After all, didn't you and another ZappaFreak go to a Zappa Party In Jersey before I joined? You've come the farthest by car to see and hear Zappafreaks at a Zappa.com Party, right? Your like a god or something here, ya know, to us newbie's. I saw the pix. Lets do it again! Only we all meet at calvins, sorta the center. How about it guys and gals, or this time a west coast ZappaFreak vacation maybe? I'll take anyone that can get here down the American River and they can stay here for free.* I'll even make a DVD outta it for everyone to get later in the mail. Memories! There a good thing.
:D

*3day2night max! (I gotta life too ya know!) :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:19 am 

dove_grey wrote:

The Scrub Jays as you call them hang out at my place also and are very bold, they have come into our house many times... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 am 

Plook wrote:
dove_grey wrote:

The Scrub Jays as you call them hang out at my place also and are very bold, they have come into our house many times...

Their Bandits! They'll take other birds eggs or another birds stache. They love that stuff. I "hide" peanuts around and Bandit always finds them sooner or later. I even hide them under stuff and will find a seashell turned over, where a peanut has been hidden. Smart boids. Now there's a crow that comes around and caws until I come out and throw some bread or tortillas on the roof!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:48 am 

That's nature's way, KK.

Enjoy your 420 day. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:39 pm 

coevad wrote:
That's nature's way, KK.

Enjoy your 420 day. :mrgreen:

That was last night bro'. Today I've got to memorize lines as we start filming the short I'm in tomorrow and I host Nexus Stage tonight between 6 and 8. After that..... :mrgreen: They need a stoned pumkin! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:23 am 

dove_grey wrote:
...my Dad passed away April 14th after a long illness...

My condolences to you and your mother Dove...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:49 pm 

Thanks, Caputh. That's very sweet.

KK, if we stay near the American River--will we have to live IN A VAN BY THE RIVER???!! hee,hee.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:21 pm 

dove_grey wrote:

KK, if we stay near the American River--will we have to live IN A VAN BY THE RIVER???!! hee,hee.....

Ah, hahahah! Funny you should mention it.... I get deals from SFGate.com and they're offering river trips down the American River for $45 bucks. That's very reasonable and comes with lunch too!

(overnight under a bridge down by the river in a van is extra though :wink: )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:18 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
dove_grey wrote:

Ah, hahahah! Funny you should mention it.... I get deals from SFGate.com and they're offering river trips down the American River for $45 bucks. That's very reasonable and comes with lunch too!

(overnight under a bridge down by the river in a van is extra though :wink: )

A couple of weeks ago during a drought breaking storm, some tourists decided to shelter in thier two rental vans under a bridge....2:00am the river returned to the dry riverbed and washed the vans away, the folks got out unscathed...the vans...not so much, I think one is still mia....happy holidays

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 am 

Ya hear that Dovey?
If we go to NZ we could get two-fers! Cruise down the rivers taking pictures of vans in trees and a guy livin' in one. Look! The NZ tree fort van man! Snap! Click! Shutter! Ha ha !!! :mrgreen:

Zappa.com forum cruises.... :shock: :twisted: Your in it for life. You'll love it. With Lather. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 am 

Thought I'd share my polar bear photo:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 am 

Wow! You have an actual Polar Bear :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 am 

Michelle Shocked stopped by the Davis Media Access' K-DRT 95.7 studio to voice her opinion about her Yoshi's SF meltdown yesterday. Apparently there was a tweet sent out from her camp that was taken out of context and she wanted to straighten it out on our little grassroots radio station (K-DRT 95.7) and The Grapevine show hosted by Rod Moseanko. A real nice and very spiritual performing artist. She was very personable to talk with and she seemed very comfortable in our surroundings. I really like her voice on the Ella Fitzgerald send-up song.

Here's a link to The Grapevine show and Michelle Shocked. (She preforms some new material too)

http://kdrt.org/node/12049

(too much thanking god for my tastes)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:45 pm 

Filmed interiors, (no dialog) for the Little Thunder Films project, Rain: An Interlude, at the Davis Senor Center. Stopped by for a sandwich, posted here, then it's on to host the Nexus Stage show. It should be a good show, some of the musicians are from a local group from the day, whatever the hell that means, Mumbo Gumbo or some such name. A couple of them had a eatery in town "The Blue Mango" and a couple are/were in The West Nile Ramblers. All good musicians, so this will be fun! :D

EDIT: anyone can watch it on u-verse channel 99 if you have that or on DCTV channel 15 should stream live on the internet. It's Nexus Stage Live from 6-8 PST on K-DRT 95.7 too!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:48 am 

Recorded a DVD for Spencer Borup and group. A very talented up and coming newbie. His biggest influence was Billy Joel. He plays keyboards, sings harmony with his back-up vocals fiancé, writes all the music and is a delight to record. The band is rounded out by a very cool lead guitarist, drums and bass. He's an electric piano man, man. I'm glad I have the opportunity to record and host these newbies. It gives me a chance to talk and ask them how they got to play music that doesn't suck, were they are going and who influenced them. (The drummer was a ZappaFreak yet only cruises zappa.com. never joined) All of them dig or were influenced by Frank, so we had a good time! As host, camera man and switcher, these folks new what was what and even the engineer had to give me a thumbs up on getting these nervous musicians to put out they're best act. We give them a free, yes you heard right, a free DVD of they're performance to do whatever it is that musicians do with that stuff do. We get a lot of thank you's, but only a couple of folks actually give $$'s to keep us up and running. :roll:

These folks are good and cool too. One thing. None of his songs have a good hook though. Not musically or lyrically imho. But the over all effect sounds good and I'm sure you will be hearing from this cat sometime soon. When he figures out a hook line, I'm afraid it's gonna be more along the lines of Billy Joel or Barry Manthat'slow type top 40 hits and not the songs I heard tonight. Too bad too, but the kid wants to be heard.... at any cost. Can't say I blame him. Even FZ used the MOI to make his own career.

http://www.SpencerBorupMusic.com
http://www.facebook.com/SpencerBorupMusic

If y'all like it I'll invite them back, if y'all don't.....who gives a fuck anyway! Ha! :twisted:

Goodnight boys and girls, goodnight! :wink:

I gotta be up and ready to preform for the Little Thunder Films short of Rain: An Interlude, at noon today. I should be able to fit in some sleepy time by 12:00-noon PST and shower, then off to be the Master Thespian I am. Bar none! :mrgreen: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Recorded a DVD for Spencer Borup and group. A very talented up and coming newbie. His biggest influence was Billy Joel. He plays keyboards, sings harmony with his back-up vocals fiancé, writes all the music and is a delight to record. The band is rounded out by a very cool lead guitarist, drums and bass. He's an electric piano man, man. I'm glad I have the opportunity to record and host these newbies. It gives me a chance to talk and ask them how they got to play music that doesn't suck, were they are going and who influenced them. (The drummer was a ZappaFreak yet only cruises zappa.com. never joined) All of them dig or were influenced by Frank, so we had a good time! As host, camera man and switcher, these folks new what was what and even the engineer had to give me a thumbs up on getting these nervous musicians to put out they're best act. We give them a free, yes you heard right, a free DVD of they're performance to do whatever it is that musicians do with that stuff do. We get a lot of thank you's, but only a couple of folks actually give $$'s to keep us up and running. :roll:

These folks are good and cool too. One thing. None of his songs have a good hook though. Not musically or lyrically imho. But the over all effect sounds good and I'm sure you will be hearing from this cat sometime soon. When he figures out a hook line, I'm afraid it's gonna be more along the lines of Billy Joel or Barry Manthat'slow type top 40 hits and not the songs I heard tonight. Too bad too, but the kid wants to be heard.... at any cost. Can't say I blame him. Even FZ used the MOI to make his own career.

http://www.SpencerBorupMusic.com
http://www.facebook.com/SpencerBorupMusic

If y'all like it I'll invite them back, if y'all don't.....who gives a fuck anyway! Ha! :twisted:

Goodnight boys and girls, goodnight! :wink:

I gotta be up and ready to preform for the Little Thunder Films short of Rain: An Interlude, at noon today. I should be able to fit in some sleepy time by 12:00-noon PST and shower, then off to be the Master Thespian I am. Bar none! :mrgreen: :roll:

Quite on the set, Light's check, Camera check, ACTION!
As they say in the movie biz "break a leg Kapt' "

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 357  Next