Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 357  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:49 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
to you sb there are differing facts whether you want to agree or not, so you said your piece, enough, others on the forum feel they have to reply to your inanity, I will bet that if you stop, and we all have heard your point, we can move to another topic, but every time you get a notion, you have to make an inflammatory post, someone will reply. like the old saying opinions are like asshole & no one thinks theirs stinks. Problem with you is you are coming from the stance that your opinion is absolute.

Absolute Zappa! That's my reply. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
If you pay attention to the news you will see that these guys were jihadist, they have about 24 post's on you tube, they radicalised about 3 years ago, the older brother being the leader of the 2 but they profess Islam, osama and death to all infadels i don't think gun laws slow this type down.

Where is this news I have not been paying attention to? I have looked at most of the major news sources multiple times and have not seen anything mentioning them being Muslim or anything they have ever posted on YouTube. I admit that guns laws would not slow down the types of things you talk about in this post, but where did you get any of this information? I am sure if I try and find people CLAIMING they BELIEVE what you say is true, I will find it, but where is there any proof of these claims?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:39 am 

I said you tube, but.. now they have reported; one of the guys does have a facebook page and list's himself as Muslim, check out you tube, their movies are quite bloody, these two really are jihadist, the puzzling thing is neighbors from 5 years ago said these kids were very nice, have you seen their uncle on tv from Maryland ? He is pissed and pleading for the kid to turn himself in and beg forgiveness. Oh yea they are quoting the kid they let go after jacking his car as saying that they were bragging about the bombing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:48 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I said you tube, but.. now they have reported; one of the guys does have a facebook page and list's himself as Muslim, check out you tube, their movies are quite bloody, these two really are jihadist, the puzzling thing is neighbors from 5 years ago said these kids were very nice, have you seen their uncle on tv from Maryland ? He is pissed and pleading for the kid to turn himself in and beg forgiveness. Oh yea they are quoting the kid they let go after jacking his car as saying that they were bragging about the bombing.

But you still did not answer my question. Where are these news stories I am not paying attention to? I have heard no reports stating your claims about YouTube or their beliefs in any mainstream news source. Where do they say they were radicalized? I am not saying it is not true, but an guess put out by some extremist on the net is not proof. It makes sense that they MIGHT be, from the area they are originally from, but I am very resistant to calling anyone a Jihadist or blaming any religion for the actions of a couple of idiots, especially if there is no proof to justify it. It make sense that they MIGHT be, but my opinion is not proof.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:39 pm 

Not definitive or a smoking gun , but food for thought.

DO THESE SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES, YOUTUBE VIDEOS BELONG TO THE BOSTON BOMBERS?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04 ... n-bombers/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:40 pm 

He'll never answer the questions duchamp.

Also, the laws do work where they exist, are applied and enforced -----> States with Higher Gun Ownership and Weak Gun Laws Lead Nation in Gun Death

He, like the other guy have no arguments left. They'll try to turn the debate into something about you, because thats all they got. The data negates their fictitious claims.

They would rather protect the 8% who don't want background checks than the 92% who do want them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:46 pm 

try cbs for starters, cnn, believe what you want, I just posted what I saw.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:48 pm 

Yep, it took some digging but I must admit that some major news sources are beginning to make these claims.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:25 pm 

The dead guy went to Russia for 6 months last year, training mission...the Russians have had and still have a very real radical Muslim problem, they have had their share of bombings.

While they may be doing this for a Jihadist cause, they were very Americanized and flipped, no different than right wing extremist terrorist.

They are home grown, with an off shore influence... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:32 pm 

There has been talk of the possible Muslim aspect to these killers, on CNN, MSNBC and FOX. Some talkers on the radio have gone ballistic, such as Hannity and Glenn Beck. Both pushed for this interpretation of events from day one, as per their usual routine. Both have focused on a mysterious Saudi national who was deported the morning of the Boston explosions. With no facts to cite, they are saying that because Obama supposably deported this guy at that time, that Obama let a serious suspect leave the country PURPOSELY because Obama's soft on terrorism. These guys are such shitheads. They may very well turn out to be correct. But it's way too soon to make those kinds of accusations when evidence is still coming in on an almost minute-to-minute basis.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:32 pm 

I've been watching the coverage of this, switching from channel to channel. I've noticed a few things:

1. The broadcast networks and CNN are taking a "just the facts" approach. MSNBC and FoxNews, on the other hand, are dealing much more in speculation.

2. NBC has a foreign correspondent named Michelle Kosinski, reporting from London. Her name may sound familiar: Ted Kaczynski (same pronunciation) was the Unabomber.

3. As reporters spend hours and hours trying to fill airtime by saying the same shit over and over, they inevitably make mistakes. I heard a guy refer to the marathon bombings as "the Boston Massacre." Later, a reporter referred to an IED as an "IUD."

Crazy shit...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:00 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
There has been talk of the possible Muslim aspect to these killers, on CNN, MSNBC and FOX. Some talkers on the radio have gone ballistic, such as Hannity and Glenn Beck. Both pushed for this interpretation of events from day one, as per their usual routine.But it's way too soon to make those kinds of accusations when evidence is still coming in on an almost minute-to-minute basis.

As much as muslin extremists have been brought into the discussion , so have ' right wing republicans '.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

The gun industry, the NRA, the vast majority of the Republican party and their members/supporters have become enablers of criminals and terrorists.

Hopefully , cooler heads will prevail and I agree with your last sentence, noomy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:12 pm 

I'm hearing lots of testimony from people who knew this guy that's still at large. He seems the perfect kid. Fellow athletes in high school, other students at UMass, say he was the one you could trust and depend on. His family's reactions are intense too. Heard many reports that the older one that was killed this morning was 'arrogant and disdainful', 'sparred with' his martial arts who called him a fucking douche. He was the one who went to Russia last year. Meanwhile, it's freakin amazing that the entire city of Boston is on total lockdown all freakin day. WOW. Beantown is a big place.
This afternoon MTF I been getting the feeling your pogo line is all too true.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:25 pm 

Muslim extremists and Right Wing extremists are pea's in a pod. They are both motivated to commit violent acts against innocent people. There is no difference between the two. They both hide behind guns, bombs, religious extremism, bigotry and ignorance.

200 rounds: Details of firefight emerge as manhunt focuses on one suspect

Time for stricter gun laws and mandatory background checks on ALL transactions. No excuses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:30 pm 

See what I mean ?

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:57 pm 

YOU see what you mean. Everybody else see's differently than you.

ONE.MORE.TIME.FOR.THE.WORLD.

The laws work where they are implemented and enforced -----> States with Higher Gun Ownership and Weak Gun Laws Lead Nation in Gun Death

Coming from a guy who says "come to my town and we'll see just how many guns fit into your mouth", is self-explanatory.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:27 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The laws work where they are implemented and enforced -----> States with Higher Gun Ownership and Weak Gun Laws Lead Nation in Gun Death
The data for Spacey's link come from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. These are credible sources and I haven't seen anyone refute these facts. Yet the attacks continue. Why is that?

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:00 am 

Sens. Graham, McCain say Tsarnaev should be sent to Guantanamo

By Richard A. Serrano
April 20, 2013, 10:33 a.m.

WASHINGTON -- Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.), said Saturday in a joint statement that alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should be denied a defense attorney and declared an “enemy combatant.”

They added in a statement on Graham's Facebook page, "It is clear the events we have seen over the past few days in Boston were an attempt to kill American citizens and terrorize a major American city.”

The two Republican conservatives have demanded that terror suspects not be Mirandized or tried in federal courts and instead be shipped to the detainee prison on Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Full story

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:22 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The data for Spacey's link come from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. These are credible sources and I haven't seen anyone refute these facts. Yet the attacks continue. Why is that?

No one is disputing his link , but to look at other sides of the coin , you should not rely on only one source to base your opinion.

I posted this link http://www.tracetheguns.org/# which clearly shows that the states with more gun crime can also be linked to the states with ILLEGAL gun ownership. I know you probably didn't look at it , but for a balanced approach , one should not limit themselves to just one news source.

My stance remains the same > it's not the object that does the harm , it's the person using it.
And , once again , you can pass all the laws you want , some people will never obey them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:24 pm 

He's not captured, he's dead! What a silly picture!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:45 pm 

BBP wrote:

You seem to be confused: http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston ... index.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:02 pm 

if I may...

There are no other sides of the coin. It's either accurate data, or it's inaccurate data.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:07 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

No one is disputing his link , but to look at other sides of the coin , you should not rely on only one source to base your opinion.

I posted this link http://www.tracetheguns.org/# which clearly shows that the states with more gun crime can also be linked to the states with ILLEGAL gun ownership. I know you probably didn't look at it , but for a balanced approach , one should not limit themselves to just one news source.

My stance remains the same > it's not the object that does the harm , it's the person using it.
And , once again , you can pass all the laws you want , some people will never obey them.

First, the facts presented in this study ==> http://www.pediatricsdigest.mobi/content/116/3/e370.full, which is the source of the numbers from Spacebrother's link/study, do not distinguish between legal vs. illegal guns. It discusses guns, as in it doesn't make a difference whether someone owns a gun illegally or legally. It's a well known study, to the point where even I am aware of it and I'm not all that into the gun issue.

Second, most people would trust facts drawn from the Centers for Disease Control. It's a highly regarded organization and I don't think anyone really doubts its validity.

So, that's 2 highly regarded studies which state facts, not opinion, on the gun issue. That's enough for me. Because facts are facts are facts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:14 pm 

duchamp wrote:
BBP wrote:

You seem to be confused: http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston ... index.html

No I'm talking about the picture MTF posted. The brother in the black hat was shot dead/exploded/ran over, so he's not captured, he's escaped prosecution. Which will make it a lot harder to sort the case out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 pm 

Ronald , you seem to missing the point entirely.

It seems as you and SB want Congress to enact laws which , in your opinions , will somehow deter criminal activity . :?

The gun laws you both want passed will just restrict the law abiding gun owner and will do nothing to offset any activity a criminal mind wants to engage in. If you don't think there is a difference between responsible LEGAL gun ownership and ILLEGAL gun operation , you have not thought this problem out very well.

You can take every gun out of this country and a criminal will find a way to bring them back in.

Instead of enacting laws which could be viewed as discriminating against law abiding gun owners , why don't you and your ilk concern yourselves with the illegal activity of the criminals.?
Getting rid of the object in question will only cause a criminal mind to seek out another object with which to inflict his harm.

In my opinion , you both have good thoughts on wanting to curb the gun violence , but are going at it ass backwards.

By the way , the term ' assault ' rifle is a term made up by the media. Objects can be used in an assault , and , in the definition used by yourselves and the mass media , a rubber band can be viewed as an 'assault' weapon. Limiting the amount of firepower will only reduce the law abiding gun owner's ability to defend him or herself against a criminal that has negative intentions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 357  Next