Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282 ... 388  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 pm 

Ronald , you seem to missing the point entirely.

It seems as you and SB want Congress to enact laws which , in your opinions , will somehow deter criminal activity . :?

The gun laws you both want passed will just restrict the law abiding gun owner and will do nothing to offset any activity a criminal mind wants to engage in. If you don't think there is a difference between responsible LEGAL gun ownership and ILLEGAL gun operation , you have not thought this problem out very well.

You can take every gun out of this country and a criminal will find a way to bring them back in.

Instead of enacting laws which could be viewed as discriminating against law abiding gun owners , why don't you and your ilk concern yourselves with the illegal activity of the criminals.?
Getting rid of the object in question will only cause a criminal mind to seek out another object with which to inflict his harm.

In my opinion , you both have good thoughts on wanting to curb the gun violence , but are going at it ass backwards.

By the way , the term ' assault ' rifle is a term made up by the media. Objects can be used in an assault , and , in the definition used by yourselves and the mass media , a rubber band can be viewed as an 'assault' weapon. Limiting the amount of firepower will only reduce the law abiding gun owner's ability to defend him or herself against a criminal that has negative intentions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:29 pm 

Pedro, your post has nothing to do with what I posted. I knew you would avoid replying, because when pressed you always change the subject. That's your M.O.

SB and I are different people, with different ideas. There's a large array of lefties, just like conservatives.

I want one law passed, and that's a criminal background check at purchase point, with oversight to make sure the checks actually happen.

Go back and read - READ! - my post about the Pediatrics Digest study. If you are careful, you will see that I was just saying that for the purpose of their study they made no distinction between legal or illegal gun ownership. They only cared about percentage of guns in households across the U.S. You apparently morphed my point into legal vs. illegal guns, as only you could do. Really, you need to slow down when you read, or read the entire post, or whatever, because you miss the point so often that...... Oh well. :mrgreen:

As FZ would say....Good Lord, that's inexcusable!

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Last edited by Ronny's Noomies on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:56 pm 

BBP wrote:
duchamp wrote:
BBP wrote:
He's not captured, he's dead! What a silly picture!

You seem to be confused: http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston ... index.html

No I'm talking about the picture MTF posted. The brother in the black hat was shot dead/exploded/ran over, so he's not captured, he's escaped prosecution. Which will make it a lot harder to sort the case out.

But the brother in the black hat is not in those pics. Those are both picks of white hat.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:06 pm 

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

Have fun...READING!

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:50 pm 

The bottom line is and always will be...

The laws work where they are implemented and enforced -----> States with Higher Gun Ownership and Weak Gun Laws Lead Nation in Gun Death

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:10 am 

duchamp wrote:
But the brother in the black hat is not in those pics. Those are both picks of white hat.

Thanks, hadn't noticed that. Me and my memory of faces...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:25 am 

Since the news that the Koningslied, the song by John Ewbank that all of The Netherlands should have been singing on April 30th, has been repealed out of sheer badness, I'll post the link and translate the text for you. Be your own judge!

Just how bad can it be?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lRn6oBwWY

Koningslied
The King's song
All lines marked with * are bad grammar in the original version.

BB Problem: I know who "you" is, the future king, but who is "I"? I will not stand next to him in rain and wind, let alone wake when he sleeps.
And what's that "For you, my child". Has "you" changed?
One flag, two lions? There are no lions in our flag!
Peacocks make a hideous sound.
You don't dry water. You dry the land under the water.
One line I shouldn't mock, is eating hotpot while awake. Afer all I've done stranger things while sleepwalking.

There you are then
You saw this moment so often in your dreams
There it is then
The day that you knew would come is finally here ***
Are you ready for it?
Can you really ever be that?
There you are then
Every man has a task in this life
Done everything to prepare you
and there it is then.
You promise you'll give it all
Every step you took that lead here **
And look around you
We're walking with you
Through the rain and the wind
I will remain standing next to you
I'll protect you against everything that's coming
I will wake when you sleep
I'll protect you from the storm
I will keep you safe as long as I live
A battle, two lives
We're standing before each other, unbreakable *
one flag, two lions
With each other in sun and rain
Side by side, chest in front
Proud as a peacock, this is our sound
And no matter how small we are
Our deeds are great
Won't fall *
For you, my child
For my dad
For my mum'Walk in front of you through wind and rain
And will remain behind you.
I carry a flag with your name
Believe in you as long as we exist
I build a dike with my bare hands
And keep the water away from you
Let me know what you dream
What your heart is longing for so
I will not rest until it has come true *
ANd if you ever lose your way *
I'll be your beacon in the night
I'll show you the harbour in the darkness
I will fight like a lion
Until you won't lack anything
I'll keep you safe
for as long as I live
W for Willem
Three fingers in the air, come on
W for Willem
Three fingers in the air, come on come on
The W of Willem isthe W of we
All of Orange is side by side
The W of water we won't dodge
We'll dry it and we build dikes
The W of Welcome in our midst
No matter to what God you may pray
W for Willem
W for Willem
W for wakker (awake), eating hotpot
Millions of coaches who know better
W for always wanting to win
Whatever it is we start
W for we're one together
With the shoulders next to each other
And so we shout today *
Through the rain and the wind
I will remain standing next to you
I'll protect you against everything that's coming
I will wake when you sleep
I'll protect you from the storm
I will keep you safe as long as I live
Let me know what you dream
What your heart is longing for so
I will not rest until it has come true *
ANd if you ever lose your way *
I'll be your beacon in the night
I'll show you the harbour in the darkness
I will fight like a lion
Until you won't lack anything
I'll keep you safe
for as long as I live
I'll keep you safe
for as long as I live

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:20 am 

That's so bad, it's almost good. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 pm 

Quote:
Dubya is OK with his legacy...

George W. Bush is happy to be out of the limelight, according to a new interview. (And who can blame him, since he's currently the most unpopular ex-president alive.) Dubya's making money giving speeches and is deeply involved in the George W. Institute, which "focuses on advancing freedom," whatever that means...

http://now.msn.com/dubya-ranks-as-most- ... prez-alive

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:58 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
The bottom line is and always will be...

The laws work where they are implemented and enforced -----> States with Higher Gun Ownership and Weak Gun Laws Lead Nation in Gun Death

Have fun...READING!

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:05 pm 

...says the guy who claimed Ron Paul was going to get 10 million almost votes in the primaries, when in fact, he wasn't even almost close, and that Ayn Rands crappy book was the highest selling book of all almost time, when in fact, it isn't listed on any of the lists of highest selling books, also not even almost close...

...regardless...

One.More.Time.For.The.World.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:45 am 

Committee decided the song's still on. For a second I believed in democracy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 am 

BBP wrote:
Committee decided the song's still on. For a second I believed in democracy.

Protest! Your right, that song sucks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
...says the guy who claimed Ron Paul was going to get 10 million almost votes in the primaries, when in fact, he wasn't even almost close...

I NEVER stated that.

tweedle-dumb wrote:
...and that Ayn Rands crappy book was the highest selling book of all almost time, when in fact, it isn't listed on any of the lists of highest selling books, also not even almost close...

...regardless...

ONE AGAIN, I already corrected the mistake. But the FACT remains that Atlas Shrugged is ONE of the biggest selling novels of all time. And since Obama took office, its annual back catalogue sales are now about 500,000 copies. Whereas, they were 7-10x less than that before Obama took office...

tweedle-dumb wrote:
One.More.Time.For.The.World.

Have fun...READING!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 pm 

W.Va. Teen Arrested After 'Almost Inciting Riot' Wearing NRA Shirt to School

By KEVIN DOLAK
April 22, 2013

A West Virginia teen arrested and accused of nearly inciting a riot after a confrontation with a teacher over his National Rifle Association t-shirt has inspired dozens of students across his county to wear similar apparel in solidarity.

Jared Marcum, 14, had a confrontation Thursday with a Logan Middle School teacher over his NRA t-shirt, which bears the organization's logo, along with an image of a hunting rifle and the phrase, "Protect your right."

Marcum's lawyer, Ben White, said that when the teen was told to remove the shirt or turn it inside out, he attempted to engage the teacher in a debate.

"Jared respects firearms and has training to use them, and believes in the Second Amendment," White told ABCNews.com. "He believes it's being threatened by current legislation. He wore [the shirt] as an expression of political speech and the need to protect the Second Amendment."

White said that Marcum had been wearing the shirt without causing any problems from homeroom at the beginning of the school day through fifth period, and was confronted by one of the school's teachers while getting his lunch. When Jared refused to remove or reverse the shirt, the teacher began to raise his voice, and it caught the attention of students eating their lunch, White said.

Marcum was eventually arrested and taken away by police after refusing to remove the shirt. White said that when police told the teen they were going to arrest him, he stuck his hands out and said, "Fine."

Logan City Police Chief E.K. Harper told ABCNews.com that Marcum was not arrested for wearing a t-shirt, but for "disrupting the school process."

"His conduct in school almost incited a riot," Harper said.

Full story

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:31 pm 

It's too bad that a whole generation of kids are being primed for terrorism by their wacko pro-gun parents.

We'll be seeing a lot more of this until the cowards in politics do the right thing tighten up the laws and add more restrictions...

Quote:
Washington police: 5 dead in shooting in Federal Way

Three men and a woman were found dead and the suspect is believed to have been killed by officers at the scene south of Seattle.

FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — Authorities say a man fatally shot his live-in girlfriend at an apartment south of Seattle then killed three men, including a neighbor who told others to call 911, and then retreated inside his unit...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/washi ... ederal-way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:52 am 

Sure, kids are being "primed for terrorism" by their right-wing nutso parents, who are out to kill all "libruls".

Sure, that's it. No prejudice there.

More likely, they are being taught how to be responsible with dangerous items...same as they would be taught about automobiles, fire, or alcohol...by good parents, which most parents are, even if they vote Republican.

What's gearing kids up for "terrorism" is the large barrage of bloody video games and movies, and the constant media "us vs them" propaganda.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:03 am 

SPACEBROTHER forum entity: Your mainstream misguided mal-informed views and your hatred for conservatives is sickening.

There's a lot of different people on the planet. Most of them will never conform to your vision of what is "correct", so get over yourself...your views are not only outdated and putrid, they are also wholly gleaned from corporate sources who have no interest in actual truth...therefore, they are invalid in the real world, and only hold weight in the phony world of mass media.

So, you might as well shut-up. The television has already said everything you are saying. You're nothing but a mimic, or worse, a wannabe mainstream news editor, spewing out the pabulum for the sheeple.

uck.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 am 

...because ALL gun owners are so responsible...

Quote:
3-year-old S.C. boy killed after mistaking pink handgun for toy

...Deputy Coroner Jeff Fowler ruled the shooting an accidental homicide.

Fowler said that the shooting happened in a bedroom, while the boy’s grandparents were in the living room. The parents were not at home at the time.

“If you have guns, if you own guns mostly we would prefer you have them in a lock box,” Greenville Police Media Relations Officer Jonathan Bragg told WYFF. “At least have them out of the reach of children.”

Police had not yet revealed who fired the weapon.

Pink handguns and Hello Kitty assault rifles have been part of an effort to get firearms in the hands of women and younger groups in recent years. In 2011, Arizona state Sen. Lori Klein (R) was criticized after she pointed her loaded raspberry-pink handgun at a reporter.

“Oh, it’s so cute,” Klein told the reporter as she aimed the gun’s laser pointer at the reporter’s chest,
adding that the firearm’s lack of a trigger safety should not be a reason to worry...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/05/3 ... n-for-toy/

...especially Conservatives...

Quote:
Sen. Lori Klein's claims vary over conduct with firearm in interview

...State Sen. Lori Klein on Monday issued conflicting statements about her conduct during an interview in which she was reported to have aimed a loaded handgun at a reporter's chest...

...But after the story lit up blogs and various websites, Klein on Monday afternoon blamed Republic reporter Richard Ruelas for sitting in front of her .380 Ruger as she demonstrated the handgun's laser sight during an interview last month...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/ ... ebate.html

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:30 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
...because ALL gun owners are so responsible, especially Conservatives...

Quote:
3-year-old S.C. boy killed after mistaking pink handgun for toy

...Deputy Coroner Jeff Fowler ruled the shooting an accidental homicide.

Fowler said that the shooting happened in a bedroom, while the boy’s grandparents were in the living room. The parents were not at home at the time.

“If you have guns, if you own guns mostly we would prefer you have them in a lock box,” Greenville Police Media Relations Officer Jonathan Bragg told WYFF. “At least have them out of the reach of children.”

Police had not yet revealed who fired the weapon.

Pink handguns and Hello Kitty assault rifles have been part of an effort to get firearms in the hands of women and younger groups in recent years. In 2011, Arizona state Sen. Lori Klein (R) was criticized after she pointed her loaded raspberry-pink handgun at a reporter.

“Oh, it’s so cute,” Klein told the reporter as she aimed the gun’s laser pointer at the reporter’s chest,
adding that the firearm’s lack of a trigger safety should not be a reason to worry...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/05/3 ... n-for-toy/

http://www.pinkgun.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:34 am 

SPACEBROTHER is a dumb fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:26 am 

Oh no now you are on his list when he goes off.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:54 am 

The song saga has gotten more embarrassing. It comes with a greeting where you should hold up three fingers to form a W. Apparently the 50+ people working on it didn't know it's a neo-nazi greeting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:01 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:49 am 

Fake AP tweet sends stocks briefly plunging
By Alain Sherter / MoneyWatch/ April 23, 2013, 2:24 PM

(MoneyWatch) Stocks tumbled briefly Tuesday after hackers hijacked the main Twitter feed of The Associated Press and sent out a false tweet about a terror attack at the White House.

The Dow Jones industrial average plunged more than 130 points, or roughly 1 percent, after the fake Twitter posting before quickly rebounding. As of 1:50 p.m, it was up 130 points, or 0.9 percent, to 14,698. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq also fell sharply, but recovered after AP confirmed that the tweets were false.

The tweet, which came shortly after 1 p.m. Eastern Time, claimed there had been two explosions at the White House and that President Barack Obama had been injured. The AP's mobile application also was compromised.

"The @AP twitter account has been hacked," the wire service said in a statement. "The tweet about an attack at the White House is false. We will advise more as soon as possible."

Full story

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282 ... 388  Next