Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:17 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Plook being the Most Interesting Man In the World from the Dos Equis commercials has been a long running joke. Plook looks a bit like him and he is sort of a man of the world with all his travels and such. Kapt. Kiirk is the other side of the joke being likened to Keith Stone of the Keystone Light Beer commercials. Again, not a bad characterization if you ever met the Kapt.

As long as we're clearing things up. KUIII stands for KillUgly3. I used to be KillUgly, then KillUgly2, and now I'm KUIII. I regret this choice as KUIII makes no sense unless you know this. I have this tendency to log myself off of this forum every couple of years swearing never to return, but like an abused and battered wife I keep coming back for more. Plus, where else do you get to rub shoulders with the likes of TMIMITW and Keith Stone?

Well said KU, a couple a three regular Norman Rockwell's paintings come to life, we is!!! :mrgreen: :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:18 am 

You should be so lucky. I'm looking at three Far Side cartoons.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:12 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Plook being the Most Interesting Man In the World from the Dos Equis commercials has been a long running joke. Plook looks a bit like him and he is sort of a man of the world with all his travels and such. Kapt. Kiirk is the other side of the joke being likened to Keith Stone of the Keystone Light Beer commercials. Again, not a bad characterization if you ever met the Kapt.

As long as we're clearing things up. KUIII stands for KillUgly3. I used to be KillUgly, then KillUgly2, and now I'm KUIII. I regret this choice as KUIII makes no sense unless you know this. I have this tendency to log myself off of this forum every couple of years swearing never to return, but like an abused and battered wife I keep coming back for more. Plus, where else do you get to rub shoulders with the likes of TMIMITW and Keith Stone?

Well said KU, a couple a three regular Norman Rockwell's paintings come to life, we is!!! :mrgreen: :)

My kids used to see the XX commercial and say that all the crazy stuff this guy would do reminded them of the stories we would tell of our life adventures out getting the extreme high...also they found that qoutes on the radio spots had a similiar air of familiarity...big foot cast his footprints...He counts his chickens before they hatch, and they always hatch...His charm is so contagious, vaccines we’re created for it...and so on...

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
You should be so lucky. I'm looking at three Far Side cartoons.

Jealous Jim? You want to be the 4th amigo? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:51 am 

Sure, why not?

Trendy must be at another low ebb in his rant cycle. Nothing but youtube clips lately. I'm bored. Where's my waitress?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:48 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
Sure, why not?

Trendy must be at another low ebb in his rant cycle. Nothing but youtube clips lately. I'm bored. Where's my waitress?

OK Amigo, I think my "vacation" is working. He's got no one to preach too or bitch about on "The Meeting Place" right now. That was my composers intent! Maybe it's time coevad stepped up and started asking Gary some Zappa questions on DZW. How 'bout it dude? Just ask stuff like who was the best keyboardist in Franks band? He'll compare everything to DZpZ, so you say, I like Chris North, but George Duke is a better keyboardist. Imho. If coevad, (Dave_OC on DZW), would just say that, Titoney can't help but bite on it. It's only an opinion, but to Titoney, it's an affront to Dweezil, the ZFT, ZpZ and all that he (Titoney) thinks he stands for........ besides himself of course. Hell, D_OC coevad, just say Shiela looks like a tart in some outfit of hers or you don't like her new doo or say, "I wonder what's become of NMB or Ike Willis" and that should get his juices flowing and his post a spewin'! If I go back now, it's like he's won, to him. I hope he reads this too. He'll call it cyber bullying of course, but it's not. It's my way of protesting his inane reasoning of why not to see, hear or associate with anyone playing FZ's music but DZpZ. Total tool time! It's an opinion that's all it is, not an affront on Dweezil or Titoney. :roll: {-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:07 pm 

Or you could mention Ed Palermo -- that seems to send him into a tizzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuArKVU1FNs

Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance -- arrangement by Ed Palermo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 pm 

FalseDichotomy wrote:

I posted a lengthy diatribe one time on DZW about how outstanding Ed Palermo was and how I thought FZ would like it and approve. I used this example to debate Dweezil's contention that all of Frank's music should be treated like classical music and performed note-for-note like ZPZ does it. I contended that Frank was always tinkering with his arrangements and that if he was still living and touring some of his compositions would be presented very differently than when they were first performed or recorded. I also said that I thought ZPZ's note-for-note presentation was top notch and the best way for Dweezil to do it because that was what he was good at. It's no wonder I'm not on DZW anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:48 pm 

KUIII wrote:
FalseDichotomy wrote:

I posted a lengthy diatribe one time on DZW about how outstanding Ed Palermo was and how I thought FZ would like it and approve. I used this example to debate Dweezil's contention that all of Frank's music should be treated like classical music and performed note-for-note like ZPZ does it. I contended that Frank was always tinkering with his arrangements and that if he was still living and touring some of his compositions would be presented very differently than when they were first performed or recorded. I also said that I thought ZPZ's note-for-note presentation was top notch and the best way for Dweezil to do it because that was what he was good at. It's no wonder I'm not on DZW anymore.

Why you hieratic you! :shock:
You turned me on to Ed Palermo's big band on the ride up to S. shore Lake Tahoe. I really liked that CD! I think FZ would have dug the sound too. 8)
To me Frank's works where always evolving. You'd get different versions of the same song on different albums/CD's over the years. No two shows the same remember. So how does one play all the right notes when the same song changes notes over time? He's even changed the words to fit circumstance's and so did the music following along just makes sense. I guess the only way you can play all the right notes is to play exactly like the record. Even then FZ has supplied more than one way to play his tunes. I used to like the version of "You Didn't Try To Call Me" from the original release until I heard Bianca and then Sheila Gonzales' version. Are all the notes the same? Is it just the tempo that I like more? I don't know, I just know what I like and I like Ed Palermo's big band reworking of FZ's songs. Didn't he have the blessings of the ZFT on that one?
Titoney's even questioning Chad Wakerman's place in Dweezils achives. He thinks CW was payed to play in Z and that blew Titoney's mind...... that a musician would take money for the honor of playing FZ's compositions. How dare he! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:42 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
Sure, why not?

maybe you should write another book about hotdogs. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm 

coevad wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
Sure, why not?

Make Way For The I-Ron Sausage! By PJW.

The hotdog fetishes of every Mother.

Hazard/Caution/Pelagro! Do not lick fingers after touching a "live" Mother's hotdog!

Opel, you hot little bitch! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 am 

Gary wrote on Apr 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM
"Speaking of formatting, I continue to wonder if the Frank Zappa Roxy Movie will get the RPX treatment.

"Not that I expect a 9.1 surround sound mix but even in 2.1 the 21" Subwoofers and overall 100,000 Watt Sound System could make for an extra special Halloween this year. Even though it's spring time I continue to watch the skies and eagerly await a different kind of frosting for the pumpkins."

I got frosting for your pumpkin right here, boy. Open wide. Now gargle.

I wonder how many people actually bought into that license scam. I'm thinking about five. Do you really think there'll be a Roxy dvd in Gail's lifetime? I don't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:46 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
coevad wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
Sure, why not?

Make Way For The I-Ron Sausage! By PJW.

The hotdog fetishes of every Mother.

Hazard/Caution/Pelagro! Do not lick fingers after touching a "live" Mother's hotdog!

Opel, you hot little bitch! :wink:

Good one Kiirk!

Hey Jim. What's the lowdown on the downloads?

And also, Do you think DZ is boycotting the state of Oregon? It's been a looooong time now. What will you yell at the stage if'n he does return? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm 

Hey Jim. What's the lowdown on the downloads?

And also, Do you think DZ is boycotting the state of Oregon? It's been a looooong time now. What will you yell at the stage if'n he does return?

I couldn't care less about the downloads. They predate my interest in ZPZ.

And no, I don't think he's boycotting Oregon. But I doubt if he's done better than break even by playing in Eugene or Bend. He's more likely to hit Portland next time around. He would've done Portland last time, except that Chick Corea likes Eugene better. Fact is, if I go at all, I won't yell anything at the stage. My infatuation with the Dweeze is over. (It was actually more of an infatuation with Scheila, to be truthful.) He's a politically correct dweeb with a stunted sense of humor, much like his big half-brother, the Trendmongrel. Fuck him. But I do still love the music, so I'll probably go if I can afford it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:05 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
And no, I don't think he's boycotting Oregon. But I doubt if he's done better than break even by playing in Eugene or Bend. He's more likely to hit Portland next time around. He would've done Portland .

Who knows if he wants to put up with veiled threats at every show within Little Sally's* driving distance. Except for his feeling safe in LA, why should he risk it all for some loser over the downloads?
Ben Thomas' folks live in Eugene, I met them at the San Jose Civic show, Dream Theater Tour. They couldn't wait to see their son preform and get paid for it too. Nice folks! Good thing they didn't wait either as KU and I were snowed in at s. shore Lake Tahoe with DZpZ on the next tour. DZpZ had to cancel the Eugene show and catch up in Spokane, WA. back around Thanksgiving '09 I believe. KU would know "Just the facts mam." better than I.

*Little Sally = Meglos & William on DZW. :roll:

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:44 pm 

I still have two tickets to that cancelled Eugene show. At least I got my money back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:05 pm 

Dzw seems to be deadsville now, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:51 pm 

coevad wrote:
Dzw seems to be deadsville now, anyway.

Everyone's scared to speak they're minds.
The trick on DZW is not to let anything reduce you to name calling. Titoney is good at comparing everything to Dweezil's ability's and then making Dweezil come out on top....no matter how stupid or far-out the comparison is. Ya, just can't out right call him a fool on it. That would be breaking the terms of agreement (in his mind) because your now a bully and he's the "victim". What a tool. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:54 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
I still have two tickets to that cancelled Eugene show. At least I got my money back.

I was tickled pink that ol' "where's my download" got screwed by DZpZ again! I'm sorry for everyone else though. :wink:
Glad you got your bread back bro'. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:44 am 

Poor, poor Gary, can't jet-set it to LA.

Gary wrote on Apr 26, 2013 at 06:56 AM
These events are a great example of how the composers intent is moving forward. My mind and heart wishes it could attent. Unfortunately I am going to have to hope for a NYC area performance or an official recording. Not only in missing these live premieres but a friend of mine is performing with the LA Philharmonic. So glad that this is being done and for all that can attend.

I think back when I had pondered attending Boulez Conducts Zappa and The Yellow Shark. Unfortunately I could not get away from my job at that time. Similar circumstances. Fortunatley NYC has had a god number of premiere's of Zappa's so called Classical works. These have always been special. In these performances of Frank Zappa's 200 Motels, I could imamgine where Frank may have said "This is The Big One". ......Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:45 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
Poor, poor Gary, can't jet-set it to LA.

Gary wrote on Apr 26, 2013 at 06:56 AM
These events are a great example of how the composers intent is moving forward. My mind and heart wishes it could attent. Unfortunately I am going to have to hope for a NYC area performance or an official recording. Not only in missing these live premieres but a friend of mine is performing with the LA Philharmonic. So glad that this is being done and for all that can attend.

I think back when I had pondered attending Boulez Conducts Zappa and The Yellow Shark. Unfortunately I could not get away from my job at that time. Similar circumstances. Fortunatley NYC has had a god number of premiere's of Zappa's so called Classical works. These have always been special. In these performances of Frank Zappa's 200 Motels, I could imamgine where Frank may have said "This is The Big One". ......Enjoy!

Well, at least we know these premieres have his approval. :roll:

At dzw the word 'ass' is trending. wtf? So I typed in 'ass' on one of the groups and it did not get censored. There's no rules now! There's no rules now!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:59 pm 

Test completed. Hell & ass are a-ok now @ dzw.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:52 pm 

coevad wrote:
Test completed. Hell & ass are a-ok now @ dzw.

That's fucking nice! I couldn't type *He'll* without it being changing to H**l every time. Why would hell be a swear word anyway? You can't have a heaven without it! :?:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:24 am 

He was tired of referring to his long-running project as "What The Fudge Was I Thinking?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 am 

Check out the A. R. S. E. group. Looks like the censoring is a 50/50 proposition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next