Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:06 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
chumcloud wrote:

I think the big announcement next week will probably be the release date of Roxy by Proxy, the concert film premiere of The Roxy Performances in Times Square, coupled with Roxy & Elsewhere being performed in its entirety during the next ZPZ tour, to kick off the 40th Anniversary celebrations of said concerts/album...

===============================

Just in case you guys don't know, chumcloud is ZPZ's booking agent...

An announcement next week? How did I miss an announcement of an announcement?
Was it an email?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:24 pm 

Thinman wrote:
chumcloud wrote:
…Prince Rules. Whoever said he sucked is an idiot …

In that case, I gladly be an idiot.

Since your near entire posting history clearly displays that, we already know...

cozylittlefooties wrote:
Was it an email?

Instead of asking, how about reading this thread and EASILY finding out the answer to your question?

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:14 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Thinman wrote:
chumcloud wrote:
…Prince Rules. Whoever said he sucked is an idiot …

In that case, I gladly be an idiot.

Since your near entire posting history clearly displays that, we already know...

cozylittlefooties wrote:
Was it an email?

Instead of asking, how about reading this thread and EASILY finding out the answer to your question?

gee. I'm sorry I asked a question. The problem is that this thread is entitled "ZPZ in NYC on Halloween" and it seems like the last 4 pages everyone is arguing about whether Prince is a good artist or not. I guess I just don't have the time to go back and read every post until I find what you are referring to. Besides, is an announcement made on a fan forum really an announcement? Doesn't it have to originate on a ZFT website or in a ZFT email to carry some validity? All I've seen to date is Dweezil's post in January that reads:
HALLOWEEN is special. The Fall tour will be special too. Big News about the tour theme coming soon!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:50 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
many posters here are complete idiots.

Others spend all of their time drooling over statistics and never make one intelligent comment about the actual music.

They celebrate nostalgia and promote music played by clones.

They think rock musicians should be treated like royalty. They encourage celebrity worship.

And they abuse the rolling eyes smiley in a desperate attempt to appear superior.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Others spend all of their time drooling over statistics and never make one intelligent comment about the actual music.

They think rock musicians should be treated like royalty. They encourage celebrity worship.

And they abuse the rolling eyes smiley in a desperate attempt to appear superior.

:roll:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:02 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Yes, some do and some don't.

And some others constantly indulge in psycho-babble rants in an attempt to imply that they're more intelligent than the posters they're unsuccessfully trying to mock, because they can't win an argument with them to save their lives.

Your point?

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:59 am 

Do you have a mullet?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:22 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

And some others constantly indulge in psycho-babble rants in an attempt to imply that they're more intelligent than the posters they're unsuccessfully trying to mock, because they can't win an argument with them to save their lives.

Your point?

Sounds like you are talking about yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:46 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Do you have a mullet?

No...but I bet OBDULA X does. Maybe he can show you how to grow one, since you're so interested in them?

Disco Boy wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Your point?

OBDULA X wrote:
Sounds like you are talking about yourself.

This coming from someone who doesn't understand supply & demand to save his life...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:30 pm 

Disco "tweedle-dumber" Boy and his Showing Scalp Flat Top...particular about the point atop of his head...it made... :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:54 am 

Well, I have no idea what they will do. We all know how special Halloween was to Frank and Dweezil is promising a "special night". I got my seats in the 2nd row. At this point, I am used to paying for decent seats. I ain't especially happy about it, but I pay for what I like to see/hear and want the best seats I can get.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:07 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:

Well, that pretty much sums it up. Except you forgot about the other form of never-ending dead horse beating that goes on in here: Whining about downloads.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Disco "tweedle-dumber" Boy and his Showing Scalp Flat Top...particular about the point atop of his head...it made... :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 pm 

blsabob23 wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

Well, that pretty much sums it up. Except you forgot about the other form of never-ending dead horse beating that goes on in here: Whining about downloads.

Right!
I tend to forget about Obula X. Whiners suck.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:46 am 

...whining about whiners is also whining. You suck! :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:58 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Yeah, but ridiculing whiners and self-important blowhards is awesome and necessary.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:33 pm 

Such tools ! Most of you !

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 pm 

blsabob23 wrote:
tweedle-dumb wrote:

Yeah, but ridiculing whiners and self-important blowhards is awesome and necessary.

OBDULA X wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:16 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
blsabob23 wrote:
tweedle-dumb wrote:

OBDULA X wrote:

Is that the Obama care dental plan?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:01 pm 

blsabob23's checkup....He is neither awesome or necessary. I've given up on the downloads. You can ridicule me all you want for that. It means nothing coming from you. That was his last tooth getting pulled.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:03 pm 

OBDUHLA, You might want to save those pliers so you can use then to pull the twisted panties out of your crack. You're clearly uncomfortable and cranky.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:51 am 

chumcloud wrote:
You guys are funny. The ticket prices are what they are because that is what the market can bear. The show will sell out. We havent even done one advertisement yet except for an e-mail blast with the Zappa/Pumpkin photo and already 40% of the way there. Could we charge less? I guess we could, but some of you are not taking into account just how expensive the venue is to rent and the costs associated.

But besides all that, the payday in NY affords Dweezil the ability to play places like Fargo and Omaha and Billings and Pensacola and JACKSON FREAKIN' MISSISSIPPI. Believe me, if it was JUST about money to him, he'd just play the Tri State, the Northeast, and occasionally go up and down the West Coast and NET more money. But, the guy will play anywhere and wants to play anywhere. He's brought ZPZ to towns that Frank never went to and he is proud of that.

Oh, no! Don't tell Pedro that the Blue States are bailing out the Red like they always do in all things!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:45 pm 

blsabob23 wrote:

OBDUHLA, You might want to save those pliers so you can use then to pull the twisted panties out of your crack. You're clearly uncomfortable and cranky.

Hey Douche !
You won't Hear much anymore about the downloads. They are not going to happen. Now go take the tampon out of your ass and put it in your eating hole.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:11 pm 

[quote="OBDULA X"
Hey Douche !
You won't Hear much anymore about the downloads. They are not going to happen. Now go take the tampon out of your ass and put it in your eating hole.[/quote]

Good to know. It only took you four years to stop crying like a bitch about it. How does it feel to have finally hit puberty?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next