Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 127  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:26 pm 

Plook wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
8)

Sounds like it was a fun time and you got to relieve some stress from what's been happening to you lately.

You deserve a night with special friends and great music !

Hope the major Plookette will get one soon , too.

Yes I was talking to Ray White after the show and mentioned my wife, he said "You hold on right here" he got his guitar tuner and wrote a note to my wife on the back "___ get well, we love you...Ray White"...he said he would call his wife of 42 years immediately and have her put my wife on the prayer chain at her church, what a good guy...my wife thought it was a wonderful and special thing...:)

I watched that transpire. I'm glad she liked it. That was very cool of him to do. That's just they way he is, a very nice man. He also wrote a funny note on the set list Bobby gave me. If I mention RW on DZW, Titoney is all over the fact that RW quit his gods band and proceeds to tell you how wrong you are and how you don't get DZ's big picture of what DZpZ is all about...and on and on...now Dweezil's giving points to who has the best experience/stories and pictures interacting with DZpZ. Points are deducted for pictures of yourself or anything that isn't DZpZ related. Thank Gail for Zappa.com!
I really liked how Ike and Ray along with the FTLOF lead guitarist, took on FZ's guitar parts. Ike's gotten a lot better since Shasta in '09 and with Ray and the other guy even Watermelon In Easter Hay sounded good and Lucille was great of course. That's like Ike's signature song anyway along with Outside Now. Ray was great on Doreen too, man I love his voice! 8)
I'll post the set list warts and all when I have more time. It's two pages and includes stage directions. You where pretty close Plook. :wink: :D

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:57 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
now Dweezil's giving points to who has the best experience/stories and pictures interacting with DZpZ. Points are deducted for pictures of yourself or anything that isn't DZpZ related.

Is this true?

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:34 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
now Dweezil's giving points to who has the best experience/stories and pictures interacting with DZpZ. Points are deducted for pictures of yourself or anything that isn't DZpZ related.

Is this true?

I could win that hands down, I have the Picture of him and I at Slims in 2002 when he played with Lisa Loab, he played a perfect rendition of Black Napkins....I spoke with him for a about 20 minutes or so after the show (most everyone wanted to see Lisa, I had DZ to myself) and I told him he should get together with FZ band members and tour, he said he was actually working on a concept for that very idea that included up and coming musicians. He was also very excited because he started working on the Roxy project and found it technically challanging to convert 4 track sound and old film to the new digitail formate, that was 10 years ago!

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:50 am 

Got to head to San Jose talk at ya later... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:34 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Is this true?

Yep, that's the way it sounds to me. Read it yourself on DZW. You don't have to belong to DZW to read it either. That and no Nor-Cal dates! Maybe there's some room for a few dates this way in Nov. but this looks like his whole schedule. Just look under *tours* on the DZW homepage and you should find it there PIB.
Cool story Plookster! 8)

OK, I'm going to put the whole set list with directions and all on the *What concert are you going to* page.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 pm 

Mrs.Plook is really feeling good right now and we have a whole house full of Plooks, the Daughter Plook the elder and Hubby and Barley drove up from LA, the Daughter Plook the Younger and Izzy are here too... 8)

Izzy and I flew our Princess Kite today it was a gas… :mrgreen:

Have to start our secret recipe chicken Salad soon (it is like nothing you've seen before, a Mexican/Italian/Cajun thing). It’s my Dads Italian salad (no lettuce involved), my Cajun chicken (It's Spicy!), and my wife’s Mexican garnish (Hotter still!). Anyone who has ever had it said it was one of the best salads they ever had, the girls and all there friends loved it growing up, when they stop in after years away they inevitably ask if we still make the salad... :wink:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:10 pm 

Great to hear the great news Plook! All is well here too (improved outlook, writing new tunes like a m'er-f'er, and even exchanged digits with a yoga bunny - haha) :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:59 pm 

Good for you brother... :wink:

Going a million miles an hour, leave for So Cal in the morning...stop in Fresno, then stay in Mojave dessert, head to San Diego Tuesday, then Long Beach on Wednesday...I will keep in touch when I can.

If any of the So Cal people want to meet up let me know... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:38 pm 

In the High Desert hanging out by the catus bush... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:32 pm 

Is it hot hot hot?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:33 am 

Ghost now you have completely lost your head...LOL...it was actually very cool here yesterday, late season storm moved through there is rain in th basin but it is clear and nice here this morning, headed to San Diego... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:44 am 

Ghost now looks eerily like the local ghost legend of a supernatural entity reported for centuries in the countryside of Brazil, the Headless Mule!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Ghost now looks eerily like the local ghost legend of a supernatural entity reported for centuries in the countryside of Brazil, the Headless Mule!

Oh I need to know the story behind this one... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 am 

Click it! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:34 am 

whoa! the cursed mule will have a little trouble eating hay....If your barns burns down overnight....you may have had a visit from the headless mule.. :mrgreen:

I'm definitely a sinner, and have been cursed (at)multiple times throughout my life, as recently as yesterday....

However my avatar is just having a little trouble handling the increase of the positive thoughts, which I turned all the way up to eleven yesterday :mrgreen: I think my hats toast...

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:54 pm 

At least mula sem cabeça only appears from Thursday night to Friday morning and doesn't ruin your weekend... :mrgreen:

In Carlsbad its really nice here, Mrs. Plook had her treatment and I just spoke with her and she is doing fine for now...Head to the OC tomorrow... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:45 pm 

Plook wrote:
At least mula sem cabeça only appears from Thursday night to Friday morning and doesn't ruin your weekend... :mrgreen:

In Carlsbad its really nice here, Mrs. Plook had her treatment and I just spoke with her and she is doing fine for now...Head to the OC tomorrow... :smoke:

Orange County?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:40 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Plook wrote:

In Carlsbad its really nice here, Mrs. Plook had her treatment and I just spoke with her and she is doing fine for now...Head to the OC tomorrow...

Orange County?

Yes 'O glowing red head.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:32 am 

Yes I will be looking out for lumber trucks... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:26 am 

Made to the old stomping grounds, staying in Seal Beach, Mrs.Plook is fairing very well after her last Chemo treatment, she has about a week left to deal with that... :|

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:03 am 

Plook wrote:
Made to the old stomping grounds, staying in Seal Beach, Mrs.Plook is fairing very well after her last Chemo treatment, she has about a week left to deal with that... :|

That's great news about Mrs. Plook! Only a little more to the finish line, eh? That's fantastic! I bet she's pleased with herself too. She should be! She's my new hero!!! :D 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:37 am 

All the best to Plook and the Mrs.
My commiserations to Grey Ghost who seems to have finally decapitated himself.
And we were just getting on, too.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:58 pm 

Thank you Caputh.. :)

I guess Grey Ghost is now the Kiwi mula sem cabeça...all those people that called him a jackass turn out to be right... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:38 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:34 pm 

What the... :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 127  Next