Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:08 am 

Gary wrote on Apr 28, 2013 at 07:23 AM
"Where Jaws has stated that "cinema release would most likely not work".

"History has showed us that Frank Zappa cinema releases work out quite well. I am sorry I don't remember the exact details of all films released at the time but when Baby Snakes premeired on Broadway at the Victoria Theater, over a two week period it was second in ticket sale per theater in the USA.

"In this day and age Rock Concert Films normally get limited engagement releases. Regal Cinema has a good history with limited engagement Rock Film showings. A film can get shown for 1 day in limited Reagal theaters nationwide and get a good turnout. I think most of us have good will hopes but pointedly there is a market for this very special release."

The movie in question is the Roxy performance and the Trendmongoloid is quite certain it would do well. He's wrong, of course. Maybe in NYC, Chicago and LA, maybe for a week. Anywhere else, forget it. They won't even bother trying here in hip little Bluegene, Oregon. Joe Satriani's Satchurated didn't even get a one-day showing here, like it did in bigger markets. A forty year old Zappa movie doesn't stand a chance. My point being this:

Trendy, you ignorant ass burger. NYC is not the real world. Roxy will be moderately profitable, at best, as a DVD release (or, in your case, blue-ray). That's all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:07 am 

'Ass burger' you should copyright that one Jim!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:27 am 

Trendmonger isn't a legend - he's a myth...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:54 am 

Caputh wrote:
Trendmonger isn't a legend - he's a myth...

A myth you thay? I thawt he wath a mythter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:08 pm 

He's a poofter. In fact, he is the poofter's froth. Remember that, next time he foams over.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 am 

ass burger syndrome maybe thats Trendy's affliction.

He obviously needs medication, I can highly recommend Dr Conrad Murray, Michael Jacksons last physician, he's signing new patients

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:10 am 

I was in Orchard hardware supply Saturday and some guy was buying stuff for his business, he had his uniform pants and shirt, "Hank" was sewn onto his shirt pocket...

'Ol Hank had a ledger book with him that took about 3 minutes to write a check, fill in all the accounting boxes, hands it to the gal who runs it through the noisy check reader, she hands the check back and now he must complete all the functions on the key pad and sign that you would perform with a credit or debit card...a full 5 minutes later he is done, this did not include the time to check his merchandise... :!:

My point, 'Ol Hank is behind the times and the usefulness and function of his ledger book are long gone, he still goes through the motion we do when we use Credit or Debit, why bother staying out dated, it definitely is costing him time and money... :idea:

So to with the ZFT and the pet monkey encouraging them reminds me of that yes man House Nigger that Samuel Jackson played in "DJango Unchained", the lowest and most despised of all...:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:22 pm 

With the annoucement of the new ZPZ tour, the shitstorm of drama will follow over here. And I'm not talking about any legend, myth or....... aaahhh fuck it.....bye bye.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 am 

Gee, coevad sounds a little bitter. Why is that, I wonder? New tour, new words of worship and good will from Trendbungler, new lip prints on the collective Zappa posterior, and more froth on the blessed Evolution! Dig in and butt also, eat hearty!

Gary wrote on Apr 30, 2013 at 07:03 AM
ROXY AND ELSEWHERE 40th ANNIVERSARY TOUR

http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/events ... rsary-tour

This tour has been on the radar for several years. Where the Roxy and Elsewhere 40th Anniversy Gigs at Roxy On Sunset "will recreate history when this legendary album is played top to bottom on these anniversary nights." this is an example of where this form of scheduling was pondered by some fans several years ago. As this past tour has had a tasting Dweezil has added "Dweezil Zappa Guitar Masterclass – Dweezilla On The Road”. All guitarists that want to "learn and destroy on the road with Dweezil Zappa" see the tourpage area for some links.

So as it is written, the USA/Canada leg will conclude at The Roxy on Sunset. Those dates are special anniversary dates...... 2014... For the so called less fortunate parts of the world that do not get Roxy & Elsewhere Anniversay shows in 2013. May time be kind to all locals that await their opportunity. I have good will hopes where another touring leg will follow in 2014, and but also there are many open days in November. History has shown us that DZPZ heads East over the Atlantic come November. With that being said 2013 can include oversea opportunities. Yet as we can see here at DZW 2014 has a nice WORLDWIDE ring to it.

I would like to conclude by extending the token of my extreme to Dweezil Zappa. The evolution of Zappa Plays Zappa continues in the highest ambient domain. While there have been a number of core band changes since this venture first hit the stage in April of 2006 the beacon of Dweezil's vision and execution remains steadfast within the evolution. Dweezil Zappa's work in Zappa Plays Zappa goes beyound keeping it all together and making it happen. That within itself is amazing, The touring schedule since 2006 has no parallels for the composers intent. Fortunately there are some orchestra's out there doing a portion of Franks music. We will see some of that in 2013, but for now Dweezil bringing ROXY AND ELSEWHERE 40th ANNIVERSARY TOUR and those Dweezil Zappa Guitar Masterclass – Dweezilla On The Road, that later example is but another look into Dweezil Zappa the composer.....

Did someone mention the Frank Zappa Roxy film is due this year?
The plan is healing very nicely

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 am 

After reading all the cute quoted Zappa-isms, I think I might play an out of tune puke or something. Oh god! Oh god! Oh god! Oh god!....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
Gary sez: I would like to conclude by extending the token of my extreme to Dweezil Zappa.

Is he offering his dick to Dweezil? It sure sounds like he is. The fool with the tool. See I can be cryptic too and without offering up body parts. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:58 pm 

Not much more for me to offer except for some quotes that have pooted forth from his fingers through the years:

"While Frank assembled some pretty good musicians over the years of his far too brief time of recording there is no doubt that the Ensemble Modern is the finest bunch of humans that have ever assembled in a Psuedo Wagon Train Formation."

"Dweezil is not the first to pull of Franks music on Guitar with perfection in a Chops sense but in all honesty as fine as Dweezils CHOPS are his performance goes way beyound CHOPS.

The performance of the FZ Medley goes way beyound 100% perfection of NOTES & CHOPS. "

"Dweezil has split the Atom here and while he very much has the same linear DNA as in the family sense he has put the DNA of what defines a Frank Zappa performance in the FZ Medley. "

"My complaint is that far too many fans have not had the opportunity to have a higher understanding."

"I must admit it is fun writing here but at times many of the minds have little to no clue as to what the deal is."

"I have never claimed to be any authority figure and do not attempt or have interest in gaining such statture."

"Truthfully just because I have been digesting everything Zappa for close to 40 years does not make me an authority figure."

"His stage presence is beyond belief. There is only one individual who has ever had that potential for the stage. Some people might think that Elvis shaking his hips during the `50s is where it`s at. To me, Ahmet Zappa is the real deal. The lights could be off, and he is shining 1,000,000 lumens."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:23 pm 

Classic Titoney, fer sure, fer sure, calvin. :wink: 8)
When worshipping FZ or DZ, DZ will always be Titoney's go to rock star kind of a guy. DZ awards his biggest fans. They gets points and can win cool prizes, like t-shirts and basically everything that's on the merch table at any DZpZ show. No points for pictures of you, unless your with a DZpZ member or it's connected to DZpZ somehow. Uber fan Titoney is working for a Gibson SG that he has his eye on. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:11 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
The performance of the FZ Medley goes way beyound 100% perfection of NOTES & CHOPS. "
Dweezil is better than Frank?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:08 am 

polydigm wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Dweezil is better than Frank?

Well, yeah! Frank could play anything, even mistakes, and it was considered a song.
Dweezil has to copy each note, even the mistakes, exactly, in order to be "right"......right?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:08 am 

I went to this website:

http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/anagra ... t=1000&a=n

and found 1585 anagrams for Gary Titone. Some of the more interesting ones were:

triage tony
ingrate toy
torn gaiety
tiny garote
gyrate into
aeon gritty
yogi natter
rotting aye
orating yet
agony trite
a tinge tyro
I agent tyro
nae gory tit
tear go tiny
rag nite toy
I rotten gay
any ogre tit
any toe grit
rat ego tiny
I gone ratty

There's material here for a thousand nasty haikus. Can't wait to try Trendmonger.

Edit: I tried Trendmonger. It was a bust. Only 55 anagrams, no chuckles.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:38 am 

Torn gaiety and orating yet are both on the money. Thank you Brother Jim for your research in this important field.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 am 

I sorta' like "ingrate toy" and "I gone ratty". They have a nice sound to them and fit him too.

Mad Jack McMad wrote:
Torn gaiety and orating yet are both on the money. Thank you Brother Jim for your research in this important field.

+1 Yes, thank you PJ for your research into this important field. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:31 pm 

This one

tear go tiny

The possibilities are endless... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:36 pm 

We'll never know who is truly in it for the music as long as there is money to be made. Take away the money and we'll see how dedicated everyone involved really are to upholding Frank Zappa's music.

Composers intent?
Zappa said: "It's not important to even be remembered". Not much room for interpretation there.
Therefore, it sure as hell doesn't matter if the compositions are played "correctly".

Did Zappa play Bolero correctly?
How about Ring Of Fire?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 pm 

gyrate into a rag nite toy

:twisted:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
gyrate into a rag nite toy

:twisted:

Hey Ghost whatever is going on with your eyes seems to be getting worse... :shock:

Post subject: re: bolero
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:06 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:

How about Ring Of Fire?

the zappa version of bolero was considered offensive enough for ravel's family to try and prevent it's release

Post subject: Re: re: bolero
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

How about Ring Of Fire?

the zappa version of bolero was considered offensive enough for ravel's family to try and prevent it's release

Any reading material on it to read anywhere? Sounds interesting, I'd like to read their take on the why, besides the obvious. 8)

Post subject: re: bolero
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:09 pm 

from zappateers, also an old thread
nico wrote:
Well, you are entering the mess about the intellectual proprieties. The Ravel Family has refused to let this set to be pressed on a CD. Ravel is a very famous composer...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next