Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 52  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 6323
Location: Wellington New Zealand
What are/is frettios? Sounds like a guitar with bad breath....

_________________
Thanks for the music Frank.

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18124
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Gray_Ghost wrote:
What are/is frettios? ...

Worried Cheerios

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12784
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
What are/is frettios? ...

Worried Cheerios

:mrgreen: LMAO! :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12784
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
I didn't know Roy Estrada was in The Captain's Magic Band too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBxt9jbNjS0

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 3171
Location: Orange County Ca.
Nice KK. Which guitarist is Winged Eel?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 6323
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Elliot Ingber is Winged Eel Fingerling.

_________________
Thanks for the music Frank.

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12784
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Elliot Ingber is Winged Eel Fingerling.


Well there ya go coevad, and my lips never moved! :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18103
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
What are/is frettios? ...

Worried Cheerios

:mrgreen: LMAO! :wink:



+1... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 6323
Location: Wellington New Zealand
So are they a brand of trembling corn chip?

manufactured in the Quaker State per chance... :wink:

_________________
Thanks for the music Frank.

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12784
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Gray_Ghost wrote:
What are/is frettios? Sounds like a guitar with bad breath....

They're a corn chip. Usually called by the brand name of Freto-Lays. So Freeto's for short. I could be way off as the spelling is different, but that's my guess.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5070
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
Image

These chips are so greasy you can light them on fire.

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12784
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
I've used them as kindling before, they work great! :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 6323
Location: Wellington New Zealand
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I've used them as kindling before, they work great! :lol:



Looks as though they are a must have for the doomsday preppers survival kit :wink:

_________________
Thanks for the music Frank.

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18103
Location: Somewhere in time
Gray_Ghost wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I've used them as kindling before, they work great! :lol:



Looks as though they are a must have for the doomsday preppers survival kit :wink:



Per usual taste great, horrible for your health... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18124
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
I'm currently going through Robert Fripp's March, 1984 lecture tour. At one, he was asked what led to his stopping King Crimson in 1974. He said it was a cumulative thing, but the final event was at a 1974 concert in Italy.
King Crimson had finished their encore, and were in the dressing room, preparing to leave.
The Italian tour promoter came in and gave them a note.
It said that outside the venue, were many Italian police, armed with machine guns.
Inside the building, the crowd was being very unruly, because the band did not perform a 2nd. encore.
Would the band please play another encore, so the police won't machine gun the patrons?

This sounds very familiar, for some reason!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 6323
Location: Wellington New Zealand
just plain doug wrote:
I'm currently going through Robert Fripp's March, 1984 lecture tour. At one, he was asked what led to his stopping King Crimson in 1974. He said it was a cumulative thing, but the final event was at a 1974 concert in Italy.
King Crimson had finished their encore, and were in the dressing room, preparing to leave.
The Italian tour promoter came in and gave them a note.
It said that outside the venue, were many Italian police, armed with machine guns.
Inside the building, the crowd was being very unruly, because the band did not perform a 2nd. encore.
Would the band please play another encore, so the police won't machine gun the patrons?

This sounds very familiar, for some reason!



deja vu all over again

_________________
Thanks for the music Frank.

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 8981
Location: EINDHOVEN
Learnt that Busby Berkeley was the guy who made trippy choreographies like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIO9y1xMPIA

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 6323
Location: Wellington New Zealand
excellent

_________________
Thanks for the music Frank.

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12784
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Gray_Ghost wrote:
excellent

Bill: "Ted, is that you man?"

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 6323
Location: Wellington New Zealand
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
excellent

Bill: "Ted, is that you man?"


Ahhh yeah dude, did you think I was an inmate of the pear farm............. :mrgreen: Bub ha ha ha

_________________
Thanks for the music Frank.

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18124
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
While appearing as "Bogus DJ" on KBLE-FM (Des Moines, Iowa) on Sept. 20, 1977, Frank mentions he has a new 4-record album, called "Läther" coming out in about 4 weeks.
This, I already knew.
What I learned was that at the same time, a 1-record version was to be released, containing songs from the box set. Frank called it the Läther "trainer" album.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12784
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
While appearing as "Bogus DJ" on KBLE-FM (Des Moines, Iowa) on Sept. 20, 1977, Frank mentions he has a new 4-record album, called "Läther" coming out in about 4 weeks.
This, I already knew.
What I learned was that at the same time, a 1-record version was to be released, containing songs from the box set. Frank called it the Läther "trainer" album.

Was it released.....ever, all or in part? Is it attainable now? Am I dreaming? I never heard of that. Now I learned something new today to then, thanx manx. 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18124
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
While appearing as "Bogus DJ" on KBLE-FM (Des Moines, Iowa) on Sept. 20, 1977, Frank mentions he has a new 4-record album, called "Läther" coming out in about 4 weeks.
This, I already knew.
What I learned was that at the same time, a 1-record version was to be released, containing songs from the box set. Frank called it the Läther "trainer" album.

Was it released.....ever, all or in part? Is it attainable now? Am I dreaming? I never heard of that. Now I learned something new today to then, thanx manx. 8)

My guess is that since I haven't heard of it before, it died with the box set.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12784
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
While appearing as "Bogus DJ" on KBLE-FM (Des Moines, Iowa) on Sept. 20, 1977, Frank mentions he has a new 4-record album, called "Läther" coming out in about 4 weeks.
This, I already knew.
What I learned was that at the same time, a 1-record version was to be released, containing songs from the box set. Frank called it the Läther "trainer" album.

Was it released.....ever, all or in part? Is it attainable now? Am I dreaming? I never heard of that. Now I learned something new today to then, thanx manx. 8)

My guess is that since I haven't heard of it before, it died with the box set.

It's most likely in the vault if he was talkin' about it on TV. I think FZ always had a product "in the can" so to speak, before he said anything on TV. That sound about right to you too? If it does, we should have a "Where is the Lather-Learner/Training Wheels or Companion Disc, JT - ZFT?" lonely hearts club thread."

....or "Ask Gail". :idea: Seeing as how it was on TV and you heard it first jpd, you get first shot. I'll ask GZ if you don't. That's a real good question bro'! What ever became of.....? 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18124
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
....or "Ask Gail". :idea: Seeing as how it was on TV and you heard it first jpd, you get first shot. I'll ask GZ if you don't. That's a real good question bro'! What ever became of.....? 8)

I'll let you have the honours, Kiirk. Just one thing...KBLE-FM was a radio station. It used to be Des Moines, Iowa, but eventually passed away. The call sign was reassigned to a religion-based station in the Seattle/Puget Sound area.

What the hell...since this a learning thread....

"KBLE (1050 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a religious radio format licensed and serving the Seattle/Puget Sound area.

The station was originally licensed to Kirkland. The station signed on in 1948 as KRKL; in 1953, the station switched its call sign to KNBX. In 1963, it changed call sign to KNBK; then, in 1964, it switched to the current KBLE and was relicensed to Seattle. In the same year, the station launched an FM simulcasting counterpart, located at 93.3 FM. That station was sold in 1981, and is now KUBE.

KBLE has been a mainly religious station most of its life. Originally a daytime-only operation, KBLE finally received permission to add a night-time signal with 440 watts sometime in the 1980s.

The station is currently owned by Sacred Heart Radio."

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 52  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group