Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:06 pm 

With so many people afraid to accept that the statistics are manipulated, (by both sides, equally!) I wonder how far away we really are from any kind of reduction in human violence?

Some folks are so far in to what they have deluded themselves to be the truth that, if they see the light tomorrow and change their minds, it will take them 5 years just to back out of it.

Some people are way too invested in this fight to ever be effective at getting their way. Invested not in the solutions but in the fight itself. The solutions obviously reside outside of the minds of the people doing all the bullshitting.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:54 pm 

Most people are in agreeance that something has to be done. Not doing anything will only result in the continuation of avoidable mass shootings and school shootings. The majority of states where the rates of gun related crime rates per capita are where there is higher gun ownership and lacks laws. Most of the most populous states have seen large enough drops to affect the overall average nationally.

The bigger picture is clearer, more accurate and less manipulateable when the statisticl variables are narrower.

For a handful of polititians, who have a large enough group to block and/or stop legislation that would be beneficial to the public, despite that 90% of the public supports it, is deplorable.

You have a greater chance of being murdered with a gun in North Dakota and Louisiana than you do New York or California.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in the last few days...

5-year-old boy shoots brother in bathtub

...Police spent hours collecting evidence and speaking with the father, who was not home at the time of the shooting. They are working to figure out where the gun came from, whether it was loaded before the 5-year-old boy grabbed it, and if it was ever secured...

http://www.click2houston.com/news/5-yea ... ource=KPRC

Tampa 3-year-old shoots himself with uncle’s gun

...Sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter says Jadarrius Speights found the unsecured 9 mm handgun in a backpack in a bedroom he shared with his uncle. The child's parents - Jasmine Bell and Trentin Speights - were in the bedroom with the child when the gun went off..

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/t ... z2SlvnHerY

Florida 13-Year-Old Finds Family Gun, Shoots 6-Year-Old Sister

..."Her shirt was bloody, and you could see through a piece of gauze that she had a hole in her chest above the heart," said Latourrette, who has two young daughters. "Her eyes were wide open in a blank stare, like she was in shock. I'll never forget that look."

According to the Children's Defense Fund, one-third of all households with children younger than 18 have a gun, and more than 40 percent of gun-owning households with children store their guns unlocked.

The fund also reported that 22 percent of children with gun-owning parents handled guns in their homes without their parents' knowledge.

Guns and accidental shootings involving children were in the national news last week when a 5-year-old Kentucky boy shot and killed his 2-year-old sister with a special, child-sized rifle he got in November for his birthday...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/browar ... 9793.story

Time to clap down on the terrorist network known as the NRA. They no longer promote safety and now are only in the business to push and move product.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:57 am 

The Need is to enforce the laws on the books !!! that would be a great start.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:50 am 

The laws are enforced successfully, where there are laws on the books. The places that have more lax laws on the books and higher gun ownership is where the highest rates per capita of gun crimes are commited.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:59 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:38 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The laws are enforced successfully, where there are laws on the books. The places that have more lax laws on the books and higher gun ownership is where the highest rates per capita of gun crimes are commited.

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:44 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT

It's like saying all the sick people are in hospitals, so avoid hospitals if you don't want to get sick. :|

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:43 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT

The numbers don't lie...

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
While the overall gun crime rates have decreased with all of the states data is combined, including states with the highest populations, the individual state statistics shows a completely different story, particularly the states with the highest gun ownership rates per population versus less strict gun laws...

Some states had an increase in gun crime rates ---------> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... =en#gid=10

States that saw an increase in gun crime rates and percentage of increase from 2010 - 2011

Akansas - 18% increase
Colorado - 12% increase
Idaho - 42% increase
Illinois - 4% increase
Idiana - 29% increase
Kansas - 16% increase
Louisiana - 15% increase
Maine - 19% increase
Massachusetts - 3% increase
Michigan - 9% increase
Nebraska - 31% increase
New Hampshire - 20% increase
New Jersey - 9% increase
North Carolina - 17% increase
North Dakota - 50% increase
Ohio - 11% increase
Oklahoma - 18% increase
Oregon - 11% increase
Pennsylvania - 3% increase
South Carolina - 8% increase
Tennessee - 11% increase
Utah - 18% increase
Vermont - 100% increase
West Virginia - 120% increase

The rest of the states, including the majority of the most populous saw decreases, thus affecting the overall national statistics when combined. Nearly half of the states have seen increases.

The only reason the overall numbers for the entire country combined have gone down is because the most populous states happen to be the same states with stricter laws and lower gun ownership rates per capita. Statistically I'm correct.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:44 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Statistically I'm correct.

(best Clint Eastwood voice) Statistically this is a .44 handgun and will blow your stats clean off your shoulders. Now you have to ask yourself one question. Do you really want my gun punkin?

(best Charlton Heston voice) You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands, if you do! :mrgreen: :|

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
The only reason the overall numbers for the entire country combined have gone down is because the most populous states happen to be the same states with stricter laws and lower gun ownership rates per capita. Statistically I'm correct.

What a pile of shit. No, you're not.

But it's always entertaining watching you foam at the mouth. So keep foaming if you wish...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:51 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Statistically I'm correct.

(best Clint Eastwood voice) Statistically this is a .44 handgun and will blow your stats clean off your shoulders. Now you have to ask yourself one question. Do you really want my gun punkin?

(best Charlton Heston voice) You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands, if you do! :mrgreen: :|
I realise you're trying to be funny, and can appreciate a good joke, but I fail to see the humor when joking about stuff in light of incidents like this...

Toddler shooting: 2-year-old boy shoots self with family gun, dies

A two-year-old boy in Corsicana, Texas died after shooting himself Wednesday night about 8:45 p.m., according to a May 9 report. Kinsler Davis' father said he found the gun inside an walk-in closet located in the bedroom. No safety lock was on the trigger.

The toddler was rushed to Navarro Regional Hospital then transferred to Children’s Medical Center in Dallas. By 11 p.m., the boy was pronounced dead. He would have turned three-years-old next month.

Kinsler's father used to be a firearms store manager, a neighbor said. He supposedly kept a gun in the house because of a break-in that happened once before. The neighbor -- Rickie Holmes -- added that the toddler was at a stage where he was busy and into everything in the house.

“One mistake can cause a tragedy, and that’s what we have here, a tragedy,” Holmes said. He went on to say that the father has suffered the ultimate punishment.“Just losing his child’s going to be enough on him,” he said. “That’s just enough right there.”

This case may go to a grand jury after the DA reviews the circumstances, but it hasn't been confirmed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/toddler ... y-gun-dies

-------------------------------------------------------------

Fuckface wrote:
tweedle-dumb wrote:

But it's always entertaining watching you foam at the mouth. So keep foaming if you wish...

Some states had an increase in gun crime rates ---------> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... =en#gid=10

States that saw an increase in gun crime rates and percentage of increase from 2010 - 2011

Akansas - 18% increase
Colorado - 12% increase
Idaho - 42% increase
Illinois - 4% increase
Indiana - 29% increase
Kansas - 16% increase
Louisiana - 15% increase
Maine - 19% increase
Michigan - 9% increase
Nebraska - 31% increase
New Jersey - 9% increase
Ohio - 11% increase
Oklahoma - 18% increase
Oregon - 11% increase
Tennessee - 11% increase
Utah - 18% increase
Vermont - 100% increase

The numbers are correct. You're just too stupid to get accept reality fuckface.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:09 am 

No Tribble for you !

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:32 am 

MAJOR SCHOOL SHOOTINGS IN THE UNITED STATES - 1999 - 2000 School year

August 25, 1999: Monticello, GA
16 year old student committed suicide with gun in pick-up truck in high school parking lot.

September 7, 1999: Plano, TX
16 year old student committed suicide with gun in high school restroom.

September 9, 1999: San Jose, CA
16 year old student committed suicide with gun in 2nd floor restroom of Santa Teresa HS.

September 29, 1999: East Point, GA
44 year old school police officer died rom a gunshot after breaking up a high school fight.

October 26, 1999: Philadelphia, PA
16 year student shot to death in front of Philadelphia High School.

October 26, 1999: Lincoln County, West Virginia
Murder-suicide discovered before school opening involving custodian and retired bus driver.

November 1, 1999: Dayton, OH
School custodian shot to death outside of school in an apparent domestic dispute.

January 19, 2000: New Port Richey, FL
16 year old male student killed when a .22-caliber handgun was accidentally discharged by another 16 year old student inside a vehicle in the high school parking lot.

February 29, 2000: Mount Morris Township, MI
6 year old female first grader was killed by gunshot fired by a 6 year old male first grader.

March 10, 2000: Savannah, GA
19 year old male arrested for the shooting death of a 16 year old student and a 19 year old non-student. Incident occurred across the street from a high school as hundreds of students left a dance around 11pm. A 16 year old student was also wounded.

May 10, 2000: Sierra Vista, AZ
A gunman killed his estranged wife in a preschool classroom where she worked and then committed suicide. The preschool was adjacent to an elementary school.

May 26, 2000: Lake Worth, FL
13 year old male seventh grade student arrested for shooting and killing a 35 year old male English teacher at a middle school.

July 23, 2000: Glendale, CA
The bodies of two males, ages 13 and 14, were found shot to death on an elementary school playground. A 15 year old male was later arrested in connection with the murders.

July 26, 2000: Canton, OH
17 year old male was shot and killed in a parking lot on the west side of a high school while waiting for a friend to finish band practice.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:53 pm 

The trouble with Tribbles

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:42 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The numbers don't lie...

.... people do.

To Spacebrother:
You are a man without equal in human affairs.

To everyone else in the world:
Spacebrother is as snobbish in his pose of humility as he is in his phony righteousness.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:20 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
tweedle-dumb wrote:

Akansas - 18% increase
Colorado - 12% increase
Idaho - 42% increase
Illinois - 4% increase
Indiana - 29% increase
Kansas - 16% increase
Louisiana - 15% increase
Maine - 19% increase
Michigan - 9% increase
Nebraska - 31% increase
New Jersey - 9% increase
Ohio - 11% increase
Oklahoma - 18% increase
Oregon - 11% increase
Tennessee - 11% increase
Utah - 18% increase
Vermont - 100% increase

I'm not necessarily stating that the percentages above are fake (though, these stats are from YOU, so they should be suspect). However, I am saying your reasoning (of lack thereof, actually) for why firearm related deaths aren't ANYWHERE near the levels they used to be is BS. Pay attention, dumb-ass.. :roll:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 pm 

I predicted 10 Million people were going to vote for Ron Paul, but 8 million of them didn't bother to show up to vote wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Akansas - 18% increase
Colorado - 12% increase
Idaho - 42% increase
Illinois - 4% increase
Indiana - 29% increase
Kansas - 16% increase
Louisiana - 15% increase
Maine - 19% increase
Michigan - 9% increase
Nebraska - 31% increase
New Jersey - 9% increase
Ohio - 11% increase
Oklahoma - 18% increase
Oregon - 11% increase
Tennessee - 11% increase
Utah - 18% increase
Vermont - 100% increase

I'm not necessarily stating that the percentages above are fake (though, these stats are from YOU, so they should be suspect). However, I am saying your reasoning (of lack thereof, actually) for why firearm related deaths aren't ANYWHERE near the levels they used to be is BS. Pay attention, dumb-ass.. :roll:

Where exactly did I state that the OVERALL levels increased? Oh wait, you're just pulling an almost shit out of your ass.....again.

The numbers and the stats are the exact same thing, but as is always the case, they go way above your head. Whether it's me, or if somebdoy else posted them is regardless. They are what they are. The overall rates of gun crime/violence, when ALL of the states combined have decreased, while at the same time, the rates of gun crime/violence hasn't decreased in every state. It's increased in some states.

almost One.More.Time.For.The.World.....non-tweeked
Coming from a guy who:
1. Predicted 10 million people would vote for Ron Paul.......who never bothered to show up
2. Ayn Rand had the #1 best selling book ever.......despite that it isn't on a single best seller list antwhere.
3. Believes that Christianity...
a: is one single denomination....despite that there are dozens and dozens of denominations.
b: doesn't know the difference between literal and allegorical interpretations of Creationism versus Evolution....despite that not all Christains have a strict and literal creationist view, like that kook Ron Paul.
4. Can't admit that Ron Paul wrote racist newsletters....despite that he did IN FACT write a racist newsletter, proof read the newsletters, and added his own handwritten signature to every one of his racist newsletters
5. Claimed Ron Paul had 263 delagates and at least 23% of the GOP vote.....when in actuality he only had ar less than half of each.
6. Always uses his almosts which always end up being NOTs, then turns around to re-tweek his statements because he knows he's wrong more than he's right.
7. Claims Obama added 6 trillion to the deficit in 3.5 years, when in actuality, he added 4 trillion, which was less than Bush's 11 trillion dollar defecit *
8. Has been proven wrong almost time by many people on the forum, besides me.

downer mydnyte wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The numbers don't lie...

.... people do.

To Spacebrother:
You are a man without equal in human affairs.

To everyone else in the world:
Spacebrother is as snobbish in his pose of humility as he is in his phony righteousness.

To downer mydnyte:
Didja get any onya?

---------------------------------------------------

On a more serious and tragic note....

More than 2 and a half centuries of school shootings in the United States

1760s - The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indians entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only three children survived

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:16 am 

Survey: Many Republicans believe armed rebellion may be necessary

I believe this survey was already posted here but it pretty much sez it all.
This is why the assault weapon, etc gun lovin' folks are going crazy. Anything else they claim is bullshit. How do I know? Because outside the Republican part, I agree with them!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:57 am 

Whos survey?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:35 am 

oops, forgot the link. I submit this msnbc one as it links direct to the FDU report.
It was widely published.
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/01/survey-m ... necessary/

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:29 pm 

brainpang wrote:
oops, forgot the link. I submit this msnbc one as it links direct to the FDU report.
It was widely published.
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/01/survey-m ... necessary/

From the article...
Quote:
Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind found that 44% of Republican respondents agreed that an “armed revolution” might be needed in the next few years...

Extremism and traitorous rhetoric is growing like a cancer in this country by the likes of Right Wing talk radio and the Fascist Nazi propaganda cable television network known as FoxNews.

Same old... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_aUVzVihmw

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:39 pm 

This is an ongoing story thats been unfolding for the past two days...

A gunman suspected of killing his wife and possibly one of their children has been barricaded inside a Trenton house Friday in an armed standoff with police.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-jer ... ith-police

It appears that the gunman is holding two more children as hostages...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ersey.html

Gun wacko's are cowards.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:38 pm 

New Government Report Undercuts Obama Anti-Gun Agenda.... This is some really funny shit.

Things haven't been very good for President Obama lately. This week, Congress heard from witnesses concerning his administration's fatal failures related to the September 11, 2012, attack on our consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Not buying into the make-believe nonsense that Obama has improved America's standing among terrorists devoted to our destruction, jihadists recently attacked the Boston Marathon. The unemployment rate has decreased by only 0.4 percentage point since January.

And then there are the things that Obama really cares about. Perhaps symbolically, this week, Republican senators Bob Corker (Tenn.) and Saxby Chambliss (Ga.) defeated Obama and Sen. Mark Udall (D-Colo.) in a game of golf. Likewise, reporters have been suggesting that the defeat of Obama's gun control agenda in the Senate puts his political clout in as much doubt as his golf prowess.

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/grassroots-alerts/2013/vol-20,-no-19-05102013.aspx?s=&st=&ps=

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Where exactly did I state that the OVERALL levels increased? Oh wait, you're just pulling an almost shit out of your ass.....again.

The numbers and the stats are the exact same thing, but as is always the case, they go way above your head. Whether it's me, or if somebdoy else posted them is regardless. They are what they are. The overall rates of gun crime/violence, when ALL of the states combined have decreased, while at the same time, the rates of gun crime/violence hasn't decreased in every state. It's increased in some states.

Dude, firearm related deaths are WAY lower than they were in the '90s, despite the fact that the Brady Bill has been obsolete now for nearly 10 years. What part of that do you NOT understand?

tweedle-dumb wrote:
almost One.More.Time.For.The.World.....non-tweeked
Coming from a guy who:
1. Predicted 10 million people would vote for Ron Paul.......who never bothered to show up
2. Ayn Rand had the #1 best selling book ever.......despite that it isn't on a single best seller list antwhere.
3. Believes that Christianity...
a: is one single denomination....despite that there are dozens and dozens of denominations.
b: doesn't know the difference between literal and allegorical interpretations of Creationism versus Evolution....despite that not all Christains have a strict and literal creationist view, like that kook Ron Paul.
4. Can't admit that Ron Paul wrote racist newsletters....despite that he did IN FACT write a racist newsletter, proof read the newsletters, and added his own handwritten signature to every one of his racist newsletters
5. Claimed Ron Paul had 263 delagates and at least 23% of the GOP vote.....when in actuality he only had ar less than half of each.
6. Always uses his almosts which always end up being NOTs, then turns around to re-tweek his statements because he knows he's wrong more than he's right.
7. Claims Obama added 6 trillion to the deficit in 3.5 years, when in actuality, he added 4 trillion, which was less than Bush's 11 trillion dollar defecit *
8. Has been proven wrong almost time by many people on the forum, besides me.

You are fucking delusional...because apart from #2 (which I already self-corrected), ALL of those things are either incorrect, misinterpretations or have been PROVEN wrong. :roll:

Let's recap, shall we?!

This coming from someone who ACTUALLY thinks/believes/feels:

~ ANYONE who wears a hoodie is a racist (when they're not)
~ I'm Isaac (when I'm not)
~ there's a significant difference between the Democrats & the Republicans (when there isn't)
~ there's no difference between Ron Paul's personal beliefs and his political platform (when there is)
~ Ron Paul is a racist (despite the OVERWHELMING evidence showing he isn't)
~ Ron Paul is a Republican (despite technically being a Libertarian)
~ the Ron Paul Revolution was a hoax (when it wasn't)
~ most of Ron Paul's supporters endorsed/joined the Romney/Ryan ticket because they hate black people (when most, if not all of them, didn't and don't)
~ figures by posting, re-posting and then re-posting again his nonsensical crap & BS claims about Ron Paul, that it provides leverage for his points (despite their baselessness)
~ Ayn Rand is a racist (despite NO compelling evidence showing this is true)
~ Obama is some kind of saint...despite the FACT he's:
* flip-flopped and downright LIED about almost EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN '08 campaign promise, apart from maybe Obamacare
* owned and operated by the Military Industrial Complex (just like Romney)
* destroyed almost all of the 4th Amendment and part of the 1st Amendment
* has added more than $6 trillion to the national debt - which is more than ANY other US President in history and more than ALL 40+ Presidents COMBINED...and in only 3 1/2 years - which brings the total to $16.8 trillion (as of May 2013)
* doesn't know JACK SHIT ALL about economics or fiscal responsibility to save his life and hence is driving the US (and much of the world) into a double-dip recession that will make the current Housing Bubble Crisis look like a CAKE WALK
* wants stricter gun control laws, but is partially responsible for the killings of TENS OF THOUSANDS of innocent civilians through collateral damage throughout the Middle East and Afghanistan

Yeah, I know. But don't laugh, folks...this fucker is serious...

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:16 pm 

You fail to mention that the numbers went up in some locations (mainly where gun ownership has increased and the laws have decreased).

Put down the bong (or take the straw out of your nose, seeing as how you are fixated on them as of late...Chop a line now...snort it up now... :P ) once in a while before you post, then read the numbers again when you aren't baked... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... =en#gid=10

In the meantime... ladies and gentlemen Darlene McBride... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3SeeGzCu4M

encore... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZaQKskP-A

Dedicated to racist gun wacko Republicans everywhere who want to "Take Back America"..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 53  Next