Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 58  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13652
Location: Billy, the mountain...
I was supposed to attend Paul McCartney tonight, but due to academic constraints over Mrs GG, we will not go...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18680
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I was supposed to attend Paul McCartney tonight, but due to academic constraints over Mrs GG, we will not go...

She got detention, did she?

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13652
Location: Billy, the mountain...
just plain doug wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I was supposed to attend Paul McCartney tonight, but due to academic constraints over Mrs GG, we will not go...

She got detention, did she?

I believe you could say so... :roll:

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5908
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Had an enjoyable night out last Saturday in Adelaide. Who would have thought?


Image

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Pretty darn good for a bunch of foreigners. :D Actually it was alrighty and I'm glad you had a good time too. :wink:

What'd you think of Hamish McKeich's choice of favorites and what did you think of that songs treatment Poly? Was it as good as G-Spot to you?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5908
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Judge for yourself.


_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Ike Willis, Ray White, Tom Fowler, Ed Mann, and Denny Walley. On Mothers day (night).

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
ImageImage
I aint gonna squash it, and you don't need to wash it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Poly: Not as good as G-Spot, but then again I like all things FZ, Led Zepplin, not so much. I would have liked the show though.

NicHoLai: Nice pix man! Thanx for putting them on here, even though we're not worthy. Ha! Did you happen to talk to any Mother afterwards? Any war stories?
Was it as good for you as it was for them? 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Very good for me, first time seeing Ed, Tom and Denny.

I met Ed, he was breaking down his equipment after the show. Show was really good so I just introduced my self told him awesome job, and i'm a big fan of his. Really nice guy. Got a pic with him. I let him get back to breaking down his equipment. '

Met Ray outside, (see what I said to Ed) that's what I said to Ray. Got pic of him and my wife. There was a group of guys next to us, with questions for Ray. We hung out listened to him tell a story, and split.

A memorable Mothers day.

_________________
ImageImage
I aint gonna squash it, and you don't need to wash it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2115
I may or may not go but The Turtles w/ Flo & Eddie are hitting the Crest Theater in Sacramento July 6th with the Happy Together 2013 Tour. Also appearing are Chuck Negron from 3 Dog Night, Mark Lindsay from Paul Revere and the Raiders, Gary Pucket, etc. An oldies show for sure but it could be fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
NicHoLai wrote:
Very good for me, first time seeing Ed, Tom and Denny.

I met Ed, he was breaking down his equipment after the show. Show was really good so I just introduced my self told him awesome job, and i'm a big fan of his. Really nice guy. Got a pic with him. I let him get back to breaking down his equipment. '

Met Ray outside, (see what I said to Ed) that's what I said to Ray. Got pic of him and my wife. There was a group of guys next to us, with questions for Ray. We hung out listened to him tell a story, and split.

A memorable Mothers day.


for me and the town of Pawtucket RI.

_________________
ImageImage
I aint gonna squash it, and you don't need to wash it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
KUIII wrote:
I may or may not go but The Turtles w/ Flo & Eddie are hitting the Crest Theater in Sacramento July 6th with the Happy Together 2013 Tour. Also appearing are Chuck Negron from 3 Dog Night, Mark Lindsay from Paul Revere and the Raiders, Gary Pucket, etc. An oldies show for sure but it could be fun.

That might be a kick. But I doubt Flo & Eddie will do any Zappa in an oldies show like that. I did see PR & The Raiders awhile back at S. shore Tahoe. Hell they were old then! Mark Lindsey wasn't with them back then, but they put on one hell of a show. Just like Where The Action Is stuff, the old show they used to be on in the 60's. "Kicks" and all those songs were super charged. A really good show.
I thought Flo a & Eddie were The Turtles, the rest side men. Never heard of them touring as The Turtles without them. I'm not sure though as I'm more of a ZappaFreak than a PR&TR/Turtles/GP & The Union Gap kinda guy. But if your going I'll go. Sounds like it might be fun!

Three dog Night, they're my favorite band OMG, can we come in da bus?.... On second thought they just might whip out some Mothers Live FE,'71, ya just never know unless you go. :idea:

NicHoLai wrote:
NicHoLai wrote:
Very good for me, first time seeing Ed, Tom and Denny.

I met Ed, he was breaking down his equipment after the show. Show was really good so I just introduced my self told him awesome job, and i'm a big fan of his. Really nice guy. Got a pic with him. I let him get back to breaking down his equipment. '

Met Ray outside, (see what I said to Ed) that's what I said to Ray. Got pic of him and my wife. There was a group of guys next to us, with questions for Ray. We hung out listened to him tell a story, and split.

A memorable Mothers day.


for me and the town of Pawtucket RI.

Sounds like you had a good listening experience NicHoLai. I've never seen that line up, I'm jealous, I wish they would tour out this way. There's room enough for both Mothers and DZpZ you'd think.
That's cool you got to talk with ED and Ray. Ray's a real nice man, I've never had the pleasure of meeting Ed, just watched him play with Frank is all.
Glad you had such a swell time and got some good pix. Great memories too! 8)

EDIT: Memories for the town of Pawtucket too! :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Image
Ed and I

Image
Ray and my Wife

_________________
ImageImage
I aint gonna squash it, and you don't need to wash it...


Last edited by NicHoLai on Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: Ohio
I went to see Opeth on Mother's Day -- awesome show.

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
FalseDichotomy wrote:
I went to see Opeth on Mother's Day -- awesome show.

They don't ring a bell FD. Got a link to some info on them or a youtube vid? Glad you had an awesome time! 8)

Hey NicHoLai, I'm now officially jealous. Nice freakin' pix man, it also looks about the right size place to see a show like that. Good seats all the way around and some room to stand up front, very cool atmosphere and sound system. I could be describing the place some of us N. Cal folks just saw For The Love Of Frank with Robert Martin, Ike and Ray. Ray signed my set list with a nice side note and he gave Plook something special when he mentioned what his wife (and him) were going through. Ray's just a real nice guy and fun to be around too!

I saw Canned Heat at The Whole Earth Festival at UCD on Sat. night and everyone's still talkin' about how good those guys were. They played the electric Chicago blues like no one else can. They was smokin'!

I'm about to leave for a meeting with some like minded Davis folks that are trying to get a more intimate venue for downtown. We're trying to get an old music venue place to stay open for the new groups that are playing the bay area and Sac too. Like the old Palms used to be. That was just a tin barn with a swamp cooler and a beer and wine license. I saw a lot of great acts there! From Paul Butterfield to Robert Cray and all for only $10 bucks a head with discounts for student & seniors of course. So we're lookin' to fund something like that. I'm most likely the oldest person there as this was all started by The Whole Earth Festival folks. I'm hoping this bares some fruit. We'll see. They weren't too well organized last Sat. night, so I chipped in and helped. I think they like some of my ideas. It's all good and for music in Davis. 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 61
Location: Toronto
Colin Stetson at The Great Hall May 19th then The Stranglers may 31st


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am
Posts: 1264
Location: Bordeaux, France
IGGY and the Stooges
june 30
Marmande France
Image

http://www.garorock.com/#accueil

_________________
"You can fly like a Penguin when you're dealing with Turkeys."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: Ohio
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
FalseDichotomy wrote:
I went to see Opeth on Mother's Day -- awesome show.

They don't ring a bell FD. Got a link to some info on them or a youtube vid? Glad you had an awesome time! 8)


Opeth is a metal band from Sweden. This song is from their most recent album Heritage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1pi7Dn87mY

Their earlier material is heavier, with occasional death-metal growling vocals. The band was incredibly tight live.

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3178
Location: Chicago, IL
FalseDichotomy wrote:
Opeth is a metal band from Sweden. This song is from their most recent album Heritage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1pi7Dn87mY

Their earlier material is heavier, with occasional death-metal growling vocals. The band was incredibly tight live.


They've always intrigued me but the death growls have turned me off. I love Beardfish big time but question when they choose to utilize death growls as well. Can't we all just get along? :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
FalseDichotomy wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
FalseDichotomy wrote:
I went to see Opeth on Mother's Day -- awesome show.

They don't ring a bell FD. Got a link to some info on them or a youtube vid? Glad you had an awesome time! 8)


Opeth is a metal band from Sweden. This song is from their most recent album Heritage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1pi7Dn87mY

Their earlier material is heavier, with occasional death-metal growling vocals. The band was incredibly tight live.

Thanx FD, OK if your into death metal. At least it's faster than stoner rock! :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
I see Andre Chulmondeley likes the new release "Katmandon't!" too, PIB. :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3178
Location: Chicago, IL
Yes Kirk, he had many nice things to say about my last release! :wink:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Yes Kirk, he had many nice things to say about my last release! :wink:

So, what's the cheapest and best way to snag a copy then PIB? If AC likes it and he's a ZappaFreak like me, shouldn't I like it too?! :wink: :?:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3178
Location: Chicago, IL
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
So, what's the cheapest and best way to snag a copy then PIB? If AC likes it and he's a ZappaFreak like me, shouldn't I like it too?! :wink: :?:


Why yes you should! :mrgreen:
It depends if you want the physical disc or the digital download. The cheapest way to get the physical disc is to PM me and I can ship it out to you directly. If you're looking digital, I can't recall who is selling it cheapest right now: iTunes, Amazon, eMusic, etc.
You can also listen to it for free at Spotify! :wink:

_________________
Current favorite new (to me!) spin: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
(Wondering why it took this long for me to recognize her genius!)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
PenguinInBondage wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
So, what's the cheapest and best way to snag a copy then PIB? If AC likes it and he's a ZappaFreak like me, shouldn't I like it too?! :wink: :?:


Why yes you should! :mrgreen:
It depends if you want the physical disc or the digital download. The cheapest way to get the physical disc is to PM me and I can ship it out to you directly. If you're looking digital, I can't recall who is selling it cheapest right now: iTunes, Amazon, eMusic, etc.
You can also listen to it for free at Spotify! :wink:

Thanks PIB, I'll take a listen all the way through on Spotifly tonight if I can, then decide. 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 58  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group