It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: FSOL Remix of Apostrophe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:45 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyNv0Z5j_Fw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:18 pm 

So they added a bunch of space noises?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:38 pm 

That won't be there for long; and rightfully so...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:31 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
That won't be there for long; and rightfully so...

Possibly...but don't count on it. FSOL have been around since 1988, and that track is off an album released in 2008. They've been doing this with lots of music (Fripp/Crimson included) so they know enough to have the proper clearances.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:27 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
they've been doing this with lots of music (Fripp/Crimson included)

Is the Fripp stuff any better than this? This is below average in every way. Anyone could do what fsol has done here. It's like putting shit flavored sprinkles on your favorite ice cream.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
It's like putting shit flavored sprinkles on your favorite ice cream.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:23 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
they've been doing this with lots of music (Fripp/Crimson included)

Is the Fripp stuff any better than this? This is below average in every way. Anyone could do what fsol has done here. It's like putting shit flavored sprinkles on your favorite ice cream.

The stuff with Fripp is totally different. It's mostly FSOL's ambient style music, with Fripp occasionally floating in and out. It's NOT just diddling over a complete track by another artist.
Better? Depends on your tolerance for electronic ambient music. Certainly, it's way more original than that Zappa thing.

You may/may not find this interesting...

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?5 ... -Of-London

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:11 pm 

Titoney would be all over this with his composers intent crap. I'd agree with him too. The Zappa Apostrophe here is atrocious! As for this techno type of sound, I can live without it. Frank tried it on Freak Out briefly to some avail. I didn't hear any after that though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:33 am 

I am starting to think KK has a crush on trendy...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:34 pm 

Well, MTF is a crusty curmudgeon, so I get that, but otherwise I never get why people get so upset over stuff like this. :D :P
Would you rather that the Ravers flying on Whippets listen to something else with greater statistical density? Do the swooshes cloud FZ so much that its like ketchup on your steak? I know how Servers in restaurants freak out about that, but you know what? It tastes alright. I wouldn't put ketchup on a hot dog either, but we don't need Mike Royko to come back to save the day from unsuspecting hot dogs any more than Ecstasy Tweekers need a more pure form of FZ.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:08 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Well, MTF is a crusty curmudgeon, so I get that, but otherwise I never get why people get so upset over stuff like this. :D :P
Would you rather that the Ravers flying on Whippets listen to something else with greater statistical density? Do the swooshes cloud FZ so much that its like ketchup on your steak? I know how Servers in restaurants freak out about that, but you know what? It tastes alright. I wouldn't put ketchup on a hot dog either, but we don't need Mike Royko to come back to save the day from unsuspecting hot dogs any more than Ecstasy Tweekers need a more pure form of FZ.

I started teasin' the guy, "TheStellerDust" on youtube (check out the comments) and he got all kinds of upset. It's like Evil Trendy vs Good Tr...well that wouldn't work either, but you know what I mean. I think. :lol: I haven't heard Mike Ryko's name in awhile, funny Chi-town writer! I Hope he's still around. :?:

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I am starting to think KK has a crush on trendy...

Is that because I don't outright bash him constantly? He doesn't bother me as most I suppose. But he does bug me! I'm just not a real pushy or hate full guy. Besides, shouldn't we love all of mankind Mr. GG? We're all part of this whole earth catalog too, ya know? That means the Titoney's of the world too! :P :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:11 am 

KK wrote:
Is that because I don't outright bash him constantly? He doesn't bother me as most I suppose. But he does bug me! I'm just not a real pushy or hate full guy. Besides, shouldn't we love all of mankind Mr. GG? We're all part of this whole earth catalog too, ya know? That means the Titoney's of the world too! :P :lol:

I think the Kapt. has taken a little fancy towards Trendy. A little bit. Ya, little bit. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:35 am 

KAPT.KIIRK said: "I haven't heard Mike Ryko's name in awhile, funny Chi-town writer! I Hope he's still around. :?: "

Hate to tell you, big guy, but Mike Royko died sixteen years ago. He and Molly Ivins were the only two good reasons to read the editorial page. She's dead, too, by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:38 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK said: "I haven't heard Mike Ryko's name in awhile, funny Chi-town writer! I Hope he's still around. :?: "

Hate to tell you, big guy, but Mike Royko died sixteen years ago. He and Molly Ivins were the only two good reasons to read the editorial page. She's dead, too, by the way.

Bummer man. I stumbled across a book of his at a bookstore. Imagine that! I think it was outtakes from his daily newspaper article. I found it very humorous and insightful. I new he was getting up there, I just didn't know how far! El Bummo he will be missed. I know how much you appreciate my little mantra for the dead. :wink:

coevad wrote:
I think the Kapt. has taken a little fancy towards Trendy. A little bit. Ya, little bit. :mrgreen:

You got me. I want to have his babies! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:00 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
The stuff with Fripp is totally different. It's NOT just diddling over a complete track by another artist.
Certainly, it's way more original than that Zappa thing.

Good to know. Thanks. I'll check out the link.