Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:08 pm 

It is 66 degrees here. I had a beer on the porch after dinner and got chilly. :| :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:48 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
It is 66 degrees here. I had a beer on the porch after dinner and got chilly. :| :mrgreen:

Poor puppy. :( < melting pumpkin :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:22 pm 

A wet windy and wild 14.0 degrees celsius here (57.2 deg fahrenheit in your language) nothing to do but beat the ps3 into submission......most of you boys sound like your cooking.

your welcome

"Am I a fan, or a so-called fan?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:05 am 

Yes we are anothe 110 today and I have to drive to San Francisco and freaking BART is on strike so there are 400,000 more people driving in the Bay Area today...I'm pissed...Good thing I'm taking my Bobby Sherman CD's with me... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:17 pm 

Plook wrote:
Yes we are anothe 110 today and I have to drive to San Francisco and freaking BART is on strike so there are 400,000 more people driving in the Bay Area today...I'm pissed...Good thing I'm taking my Bobby Sherman CD's with me...

It's most likely too late, but the train from Sac. or Davis is a lot easier and cheaper too! Check out the "Capital Corridor" train. It takes you right to the Oak./SF ferry building. Ferry over to SF from Oakland rather than take the train/bus the last few miles over The Bay Bridge. Saves $$'s and has Wi-Fi so you can work on some reports whilst your ride. :idea:
BTW: I've seen the helicopter flicks from yesterday. You'll run outta gas before you get near the Bay Bridge! The back-up went back to Hercules/Rodeo and almost to 6 flags exit in Vallejo, where it's gonna be backed up going east this afternoon, because of the Vallejo bridge toll plaza and all the extra cars.
Good Luck my friend, your gonna need it. Stop by for a bite to eat and a brew if you want to. My treat! Just PM me if you don't have my #number with you, for directions and where to meet/eat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Yes we are anothe 110 today and I have to drive to San Francisco and freaking BART is on strike so there are 400,000 more people driving in the Bay Area today...I'm pissed...Good thing I'm taking my Bobby Sherman CD's with me...

It's most likely too late, but the train from Sac. or Davis is a lot easier and cheaper too! Check out the "Capital Corridor" train. It takes you right to the Oak./SF ferry building. Ferry over to SF from Oakland rather than take the train/bus the last few miles over The Bay Bridge. Saves $$'s and has Wi-Fi so you can work on some reports whilst your ride. :idea:
BTW: I've seen the helicopter flicks from yesterday. You'll run outta gas before you get near the Bay Bridge! The back-up went back to Hercules/Rodeo and almost to 6 flags exit in Vallejo, where it's gonna be backed up going east this afternoon, because of the Vallejo bridge toll plaza and all the extra cars.
Good Luck my friend, your gonna need it. Stop by for a bite to eat and a brew if you want to. My treat! Just PM me if you don't have my #number with you, for directions and where to meet/eat.

Can you smoke on Train, bus , and boat???... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:42 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

Can you smoke on Train, bus , and boat???...

Not on the train, but it's cool outside on the Oak/SF ferry. No buses are used, unless you want to take one instead of the ferry (which would defeat the purpose). It's less than an hour each way. It was only 28 bucks last time I took it. It might be a little more now, but you'd save that on gas, sitting there idling for hours. Of course you'd be able to smoke a pack of smokes real easy in that amount of time! :mrgreen:
:smoke: Nasty habit. Those things are not very good for you. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:49 pm 

I drove it left at 8:30am made Santa Clara at 11:00 (took 505/80/680/880/237), got audit done at 1:15 drove back (took 237/880/80/505) home before 4:00pm, smoking the whole way... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:14 pm 

I was going by your post saying that your going to SF, not SJ. The 680 drive cuts a lot of time off the drive to SJ and there's no toll bridges to block up traffic until you come back. But still only one.
Plook wrote:

How's Bobby sound today? Does his music still hold up? Taste good with a smoke, eh? :P :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:25 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I was going by your post saying that your going to SF, not SJ. The 680 drive cuts a lot of time off the drive to SJ and there's no toll bridges to block up traffic until you come back. But still only one.
Plook wrote:

How's Bobby sound today? Does his music still hold up? Taste good with a smoke, eh? :P :lol:

I meant I was going to smoke a sherman, then it doesn't matter what you listen too, its all good... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:51 am 

Plook wrote:
I meant I was going to smoke a sherman, then it doesn't matter what you listen too, its all good... :mrgreen:

Niiice! :mrgreen:
Probably yields better results than smoking a Volman. :smoke:

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:47 pm 

Hanging with Izzy at the cement pond...life is good today... 8)

Mrs.Plook had to stop her treatments until next week because she was getting to sever of burns... :|

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:04 pm 

Plook wrote:
Hanging with Izzy at the cement pond...life is good today... 8)

Mrs.Plook had to stop her treatments until next week because she was getting to sever of burns... :|

I'll take a shot and say that she had severe burns and not getting two severed bums or servings of buns as it first looked. Poor Mrs. Plook either way! Positive vibes man, sending positive vibes...almost to the end of her treatments then? Is it getting close bro'?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:08 pm 

Thanks bro, she's in good spirits... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:35 am 

Good to hear - enjoy the rest of your holiday, gentlemen! I've heard more fireworks than not. I've been more spooked when they're not being fired - ha!

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:41 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Good to hear - enjoy the rest of your holiday, gentlemen! I've heard more fireworks than not. I've been more spooked when they're not being fired - ha!

This is Tea Bagger Country up here, they're burning shit down all over Nor Cal with illegal fireworks, its a nail biter every year around here... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:14 pm 

Plook wrote:
This is Tea Bagger Country up here, they're burning shit down all over Nor Cal with illegal fireworks, its a nail biter every year around here... :smoke:

Yeah, with all the rain we've been getting, these things probably fizzle out in the humidity before they even hit the ground. I could argue that the majority of the fireworks lit in the area where my brother lives are not US citizens so the irony was not lost on me. :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:46 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Plook wrote:

Yeah, with all the rain we've been getting, these things probably fizzle out in the humidity before they even hit the ground. I could argue that the majority of the fireworks lit in the area where my brother lives are not US citizens so the irony was not lost on me. :mrgreen:

I/we celebrate Cinco De Mayo, Bastille day, Boxing Day, St. Paddy's Day, etcetera, so I figure it's cool for everyone else to celebrate our 4th of July. It's more like the theory that it must be 5 o'clock somewhere so it's time for a party rather than whether your from here or not. Worldwide us guys are always lookin' for an excuse to party. Which usually involves shooting off of guns and making a bang somehow. But in this tinderbox that's all of CA. it's those freakin' bottle rockets do the most damage fire wise. Anything that you can't control where it goes is a bad idea here. Same with bullets coming back down. In the city you can't shoot a gun "safely" anywhere but in an indoor range. I heard gunfire off and on until I went to bed around 2am last night. It sounded like shotguns mostly, with a sprinkling of 22's and one 357 magnum fired straight down into a bucket of sand six times rapidly just after nightfall. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I/we celebrate Cinco De Mayo, Bastille day, Boxing Day, St. Paddy's Day, etcetera, so I figure it's cool for everyone else to celebrate our 4th of July. It's more like the theory that it must be 5 o'clock somewhere so it's time for a party rather than whether your from here or not. Worldwide us guys are always lookin' for an excuse to party. Which usually involves shooting off of guns and making a bang somehow. But in this tinderbox that's all of CA. it's those freakin' bottle rockets do the most damage fire wise. Anything that you can't control where it goes is a bad idea here. Same with bullets coming back down. In the city you can't shoot a gun "safely" anywhere but in an indoor range. I heard gunfire off and on until I went to bed around 2am last night. It sounded like shotguns mostly, with a sprinkling of 22's and one 357 magnum fired straight down into a bucket of sand six times rapidly just after nightfall. 8)

I tried to hear your point Kiirk but my ears were still ringing from last night. :wink: :mrgreen:

Just brought my original tune count up to 14! It's an odd team-up between putting all of my belongings in boxes and writing another part to another tune! :)
Kiirk - did you ever check out any of that stuff on Spotify at all?

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:02 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Kiirk - did you ever check out any of that stuff on Spotify at all?

I've tried too, but Spotify won't let me have an account??? It always sez that this user name is taken, I can't even log on/start a new account as Bobby Sherman or Fred Zappa, nothing ,nada, sip!!! It sez this name is not available so I tried Kap it sez too sort!!! So I try Kapt...not available!!! Same with Fred, Billy, and Nanook???!!!??? Everytime I try I'm refused and it sez my email address is not available either!!!
I'm sending you a PM with my address on it. That'll work. Email me your address and I'll send you a dime for the CD or is it more? S & H & other charges may apply??? My roommate has been up at Tahoe and hasn't paid the rent yet. I don't expect him back till Sunday night. I wanted to get some stuff from Trip too. Dis is da pits man! :| :( I just got enough $$$'s to maybe see The Turtles with Flo & Eddie on Sat. in Sac..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:57 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I've tried too, but Spotify won't let me have an account??? It always sez that this user name is taken, I can't even log on/start a new account as Bobby Sherman or Fred Zappa, nothing ,nada, sip!!! It sez this name is not available so I tried Kap it sez too sort!!! So I try Kapt...not available!!! Same with Fred, Billy, and Nanook???!!!??? Everytime I try I'm refused and it sez my email address is not available either!!!
I'm sending you a PM with my address on it. That'll work. Email me your address and I'll send you a dime for the CD or is it more? S & H & other charges may apply??? My roommate has been up at Tahoe and hasn't paid the rent yet. I don't expect him back till Sunday night. I wanted to get some stuff from Trip too. Dis is da pits man! :| :( I just got enough $$$'s to maybe see The Turtles with Flo & Eddie on Sat. in Sac..

You polished your right front fender and everything? :mrgreen:
Yeah, not sure what you're running into on the technical end there.... Address works ;)

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:59 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Yeah, not sure what you're running into on the technical end there.... Address works ;)

I only know what the yellow dummy books sez, I'll keep tryn' to find out wtf is going on. This is set up as a 2 desktop terminal computer. Whatever that is I'll figure out manyawna.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:51 am 

Chilling at the crib, leave for LA monday, coevad should get his free lunch this trip... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:22 pm 

Plook wrote:
Chilling at the crib, leave for LA monday, coevad should get his free lunch this trip...

Good luck, I hear they call him "ol' late for dinner" down in OC. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:21 pm 

I don't know whats up with some of these guys not getting out for a free meal... :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 93  Next