Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:48 pm 

Would skeptics care to comment:

COMETA Report.
The name COMETA in English stands for "Committee for in-depth studies". This report was carried out over a several year period at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense, or IHEDN, a high-level French military think-tank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDjjIQbSYgk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:29 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

COMETA Report.
The name COMETA in English stands for "Committee for in-depth studies". This report was carried out over a several year period at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense, or IHEDN, a high-level French military think-tank.

I read a book by a female author on this she also helped with the show "I know what I saw" which was inspired by this release... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 pm 

Hi Mr Green,

I found the following sources (everything in French sorry) :

Let me try to summarize this second document conclusions in a very few lines:
The skeptical community agrees that UFOs do exist.
And they mean here that real Flying Objects that have been seen are still Unidentified.
They also agree that the testimonies in the report were gathered objectively and adequately.
However, they do not agree with the main conclusions of the report based on the principle that the lack of scientific explanations does not necessary lead to the unique and unanimous conclusion that we are not alone.
They remind their famous skeptical principle that extraordinary claims would require extraordinary evidence [in their favor before they could be accepted as having validity].

Don't get me wrong, I want to believe, but unfortunately I do not :wink:

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:46 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

COMETA Report.

I'd like to comment, though I'm not 'categorised' as a sceptic... even ufologists have to be sceptical
I've been involved in ufology since my encounter with two 'nuts 'n' bolts' saucers in 1977
Was involved in an important investigation of a 'hot spot' (think Mt. Washington) in 2005/6
That investigation (and 50 hours of footage) was quashed because of the usual reasons of national security

Hopefully the COMETA Report will get some press, but I wouldn't hold my breath
Considering the 'deafening wall of silence' after the Disclosure Conference in 2001, I don't expect much to change
It takes many years to even begin to grok what's happening with ufo's and associated phenomena
As it enters the realm of 'high weirdness' it gets less likely for governments to disclose what's happening
They have to be able to explain what it is, rather than admit to knowing a small part of what it is
Why should the governments be able to understand this much more than the dedicated ufologists?
Sure, they may have retrieved craft and an alien or two, but it's much bigger than that
Anyway, it'll all come out in the wash, it's just a waiting game
I find it more interesting studying the disinformation agents these days, collecting more footage
and pics is really just butterfly collecting for me, as it will never convince die-hard sceptics
This stuff can take over your life if you have an enquiring mind, and I'd rather be playing music!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 pm 

Thanks for the input, friends.

Overlords of the UFO--Full Length documentary from 1976--BANNED and SUPRESSED.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUhoeZi9nek

Quote:
Overlords of the UFO is a scientific suppressed and banned documentary from 1976. Much of this documentary features long lost photos of UFO's and other evidence long taken out of the public main stream media. This documentary also discloses that the govt has all ready admitted to the existence of off world UFO's, but that information has long been manipulated out of the public's attention and eyes.

Some of the documentary goes into other unexplained phenomenon also. BUT the most important information in this movie is that the govt has all ready disclosed and released the evidence of UFOs and ETs but that disclosure has been taken out of the public's awareness and media for decades.

I have personally seen countless UFO's, one of them up close (with my best friend from high school), spoken to aliens through channels in person and have made contact with a few different races of aliens, one of those physical contacts I was completely physically aware of. I have been studying the truth about UFOs and aliens for over 20 years and have had experiences with them since I was a little kid.

I do not own this video or the contents within, I am uploading it only for educational purposes only.

This documentary was ripped from a low cost DVD featuring old TV documentaries on UFOs. It is pretty much in the public domain.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 pm 

Officially released Canadian government UFO documents:

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/ufo/index-e.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:44 pm 

Good catch Mr.GG... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:17 pm 

They've known it all along!

Aliens And The Vatican 2013 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Y1Qg10pys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:31 pm 

just plain doug wrote:

About the Renaissance art:

Ancient Aliens Debunked - (full movie) HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:40 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

About the Renaissance art:

Ancient Aliens Debunked - (full movie) HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

I don't even have to watch it to know its the same bullshit they have been trying to sell the public as an explanation for years, like Von Daniken says, some of these things you just can't get around that they were ment to be seen from high in the sky, or the stones can not be moved today (with anything), or you can not cut the stone with simply tools.

And with Christopher Dunn's research into machine tool marks all over Egypt and discovery of tooling tolerances to within 1000th of an inch, what else need we say... :smoke:

Check this site out...

http://rabbithole2.com/presentation/anc ... eology.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 am 

There are interesting points in the "debunking" documentary. It is pretty long, and not everything holds water. But particularly in the Renaissance art stuff it is pretty convincing, you can skip to particular parts...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:05 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:38 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
There are interesting points in the "debunking" documentary. It is pretty long, and not everything holds water. But particularly in the Renaissance art stuff it is pretty convincing, you can skip to particular parts...

It was far to ling to watch and all the crap at the start I have seen before and it is exactly that crap, I don't see any way they could explain the art work that would be convincing...for one the images are clear and familiar to us from modern photos and knowledge, second if there is a commen explanation we would see far more of these things in paintings instead of the few examples that exist.

If you could supply a synopsis of their position it would be interesting to hear... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:45 pm 

I guess I could not point the exact details without rechecking it or researching the net (and since I like you, I have to say I am a bit disappointed, because looks that you are acting the same way people who won't even hear about UFOs to begin with). But, he argues that the common theme of the man beholding the skies with his dog by his side is a common theme of a given shepard saint, and that the so called crafts are common Renaissance representations of the Sun and Moon.

Ex:
St-Something and dog

Stylized representation of the moon, not a craft, according to the guy in question.

Don't get me wrong, you know that I am open minded to this subject, and I don't think both explanations are mutually exclusive, but some arguments he puts forth are compelling, even though it seems that he is indeed biased... The discussion is fundamental, the silence is unwanted :smoke:

PS: BTW, nice ones, ghost!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:34 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I guess I could not point the exact details without rechecking it or researching the net (and since I like you, I have to say I am a bit disappointed, because looks that you are acting the same way people who won't even hear about UFOs to begin with). But, he argues that the common theme of the man beholding the skies with his dog by his side is a common theme of a given shepard saint, and that the so called crafts are common Renaissance representations of the Sun and Moon.

Ex:
St-Something and dog

Stylized representation of the moon, not a craft, according to the guy in question.

Don't get me wrong, you know that I am open minded to this subject, and I don't think both explanations are mutually exclusive, but some arguments he puts forth are compelling, even though it seems that he is indeed biased... The discussion is fundamental, the silence is unwanted :smoke:

hee hee hee

coming to a street near you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:48 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:48 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Ex:
St-Something and dog

I like ghosts stuff too...As to the debunkers, I have read sooo much of their stuff over the years that I may have lost perspective...that is due for example to an in depth reading of one book debunking the Roswell Event while comparing the conclusions and assumption to the books they were debunking, the amount of inaccuracy was staggering. This led me to the conclusion that just reading the debunkers book would give one a ill informed version of events as they transpired, and one would never know that the author took such liberty as to basically call some of the best eye witness testimony out right lies, that is a hell of a assumption and intellectually dishonest.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:56 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:23 am 

66 years ago today:
Roswell incident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:19 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
66 years ago today:
Roswell incident

It was a weather balloon...Yeah right

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:19 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

It was a weather balloon...Yeah right
No. Swamp gas.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:41 am 

The Devil - Universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p5pTGiW2m0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:54 pm 

They really exist! A few more sightings on vid (pretty recent):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df7_skLvbsU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next