Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309 ... 375  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:30 am 

polydigm wrote:
Plook wrote:
That's dam straight everything is invented in the good old US of A by about 1000 to one, your very fucking welcome...Hope you enjoy electricity, lights, phone, computer, need I go on...I prefer you just said thank you and went upon your way... :smoke:
Einstein was a German who felt impelled to move to America to escape the rising tide of Fascism. His contribution to the development of nuclear physics then became American right? The majority of Americans are descendants of Europeans who upon moving to America, a seriously resource rich land mass, and unshackling themselves from an outmoded system, just continued the development of the modern world that goes back to the appearance of the Fertile Crescent after the last Ice Age.

Many European countries were undergoing capitalist revolutions during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, England being the first, but they all had history to free themselves from. The discovery and settlement of America by Europeans very rapidly led to the unbridled development of capitalism with no concessions having to be made to some previously existing landed hierarchy.

All Americans come from the human gene pool. Environment and history are the only only factors separating them from any other nation in this world today. Seriously, I'm starting to find this sycophantic aspect of your character more than just a bit creepy.

And, 1000 to one, where'd you get that from?

Saw it somewhere, 1000 may be an exaggeration but it was a big number, and you are right aside from American Indians we are a nation of many nationalities, myself I am Italian and Irish full blood both sides. We are cheating in a way, but we all have one thing in common, we are citizens of this great land. Do we make mistakes, hell ya, but that is the nature of our system of government. I believe the good out ways the bad, we have sacrificed the most militarily by far in the war on Terrorists.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:29 am 

Even with union pensions, the auto industry was still profitable. They were looking for bigger profits. How were/are any American workers going to compete with countries that pay less than $1.00 per hour in any field of business?

http://10starmovies.com/Watch-Movies-On ... d_Me_1989/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:28 am 

Yes ford is profitable, but the industry, is huge you have to remember, parts, and all the various related industry, simple fact is, people are moving OUT of detroit, some of mich is doing great, you see I know all about mich, my moms side of the family is from there. Also a friend of mine moved to midland back in 86 right out of vo tech went to work for DOW, made big bucks, then to better herself about three years ago she went to respiratory tech school graduated and is in bay city doing great. you have all the answers move out or quit belly aching.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:52 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
move out.

Very kind of you. How many displaced Detroiters can Black Hills hold? Does that city have plenty of industry and job openings? Whats the concert scene like?

Wow there's hardly anything fun to do since they made music illegal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:48 pm 

If racism could be objectively measured, it would be a great help in conversations like these. But it can't. However, one group that does a great job of monitoring and analyzing hate groups across the U.S. is The Southern Poverty Law Center. For those of you who don't know of it, follow the link. Take some time and look around. It's got some pretty interesting pages. It's also totally legit.

And before anyone blows an aneurism, they follow black hate groups too........

http://www.splcenter.org/

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:35 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
If racism could be objectively measured, it would be a great help in conversations like these. But it can't. However, one group that does a great job of monitoring and analyzing hate groups across the U.S. is The Southern Poverty Law Center. For those of you who don't know of it, follow the link. Take some time and look around. It's got some pretty interesting pages. It's also totally legit.

And before anyone blows an aneurism, they follow black hate groups too........

http://www.splcenter.org/

I have seen their lawyer on TV several times, they do seem to be doing good work and I believe they are involved in getting wrongful convictions over turned also if I am not mistaken... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
move out.

Very kind of you. How many displaced Detroiters can Black Hills hold? Does that city have plenty of industry and job openings? Whats the concert scene like?

North Dakota can handle many, you missed the point, I showed an example of a person that moved TO michigan for a job, now focus like a laser, I was referring to SB as far as move out goes. Looks like the smart folks from detroit already did, maybe went to Bay City and got a good job.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:46 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
The assholes who are just using this thread to argue about who has a bigger dick should shut the fuck up and pay attention...
I think you have to accept that breaking news is going to trigger discussion, especially if you think it's important. I believe that my opinions are considered and mostly expressed reasonably but I do agree that's not even the point and that ongoing discussions should be taken elsewhere.

Maybe we could all agree that if something here inspires discussion we should take it to a new or existing thread that's more appropriate. But that sounds too much like a rule right? We don't believe in rules here right? We're too evolved to figure out some kind of mutual agreement on how to conduct ourselves regardless of our opposing views right?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:55 pm 

I think I might be polydigm.

If someone starts a new thread, the thread stands on its merits. Taking it somewhere else is a matter of individual choice. If no one wishes to speak on the subject the thread will die.

Like the Ron Paul thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:13 pm 

Obama Plays the Race Card Once Again
http://www.nationaljournal.com/whitehou ... o-20130719
July 19, 2013

When it looked like the Trayvon Martin hysteria was finally calming down, Obama just needlessly inserted himself into the story AGAIN, playing the race card in order to undermine self-defense and the second amendment. Doesn’t he have a country to run? Why when major cities are going bankrupt is he wasting time on the outcome of a court case in Florida?
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUkVA ... ZXjCikJgHg
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOiaM-uQIU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 pm 

polydigm wrote:
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
The assholes who are just using this thread to argue about who has a bigger dick should shut the fuck up and pay attention...
I think you have to accept that breaking news is going to trigger discussion, especially if you think it's important. I believe that my opinions are considered and mostly expressed reasonably but I do agree that's not even the point and that ongoing discussions should be taken elsewhere.

Maybe we could all agree that if something here inspires discussion we should take it to a new or existing thread that's more appropriate. But that sounds too much like a rule right? We don't believe in rules here right? We're too evolved to figure out some kind of mutual agreement on how to conduct ourselves regardless of our opposing views right?

I agree with ya Poly, Rope. We're all cool here (we love FZ) and each one knows who's postin' what and not being polite or am I talkin' about the other guy? Don't be paranoid either. We all do it a little. (I don't*) It don't matter, just don't climb on a thread to further your personnel or private agenda's by going way off topic or "link" it in. Can't we just talk about one thing at a time? No drama thrown in...please? Leave the hanging chads back on another thread, ya know man?
We're all gentlemen and ladies at heart here. We B Cool ZappaFreaks, no? :wink: :D

^ ...and the censored hits just keep on coming, eh LS? Makes us look dumbed down and you have your IMPEACH OBAMA thread for this so called breaking news. You make our point perfectly! :roll:

* :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:18 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
move out.

North Dakota can handle many, you missed the point, I showed an example of a person that moved TO michigan for a job, now focus like a laser, I was referring to SB as far as move out goes. Looks like the smart folks from detroit already did, maybe went to Bay City and got a good job.

People have been leaving ALL of Michigan in droves, not just Detroit. Detroit's not the only city or region that's being micromanaged by the Republican governor and the Republican controlled legislature.

Because of the Republican controlled Governor, legislature and courts, they have single-handedly accomplished...

7th worst unemployment rate - http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

5th highest gas tax rates - http://www.easy-tax-information.com/sta ... taxes.html

8th worst economy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

Graded a "D" for infrastructure - http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org ... -overview/

...and that doesn't even scratch the surface.

It's been one massive failure after another, entirely the fault of Republicans who have held supermajorities for years now, while most of the rest of the country improves.

Incidentally, the one bright spot happens to be the growth of the medical industry, which happens to be in my hometown, which also happens to be one of the last Democrat controlled districts left in the state. One area that survived the most recent massive gerrymandering assault.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:18 pm 

Town of Deer Trail considering hunting licenses for unmanned aerial vehicles, bounties for drones
'They fly in town, they get shot down,' man says

Posted: 07/16/2013
Last Updated: 3 days ago
Amanda Kost

DEER TRAIL, Colo. - The small town of Deer Trail, Colorado is considering a bold move. The town board will be voting on an ordinance that would create drone hunting licenses and offer bounties for unmanned aerial vehicles.

Deer Trail resident, Phillip Steel, drafted the ordinance.

"We do not want drones in town," said Steel. "They fly in town, they get shot down."

Even though it's against the law to destroy federal property, Steel's proposed ordinance outlines weapons, ammunition, rules of engagement, techniques, and bounties for drone hunting.

The ordinates states, "The Town of Deer Trail shall issue a reward of $100 to any shooter who presents a valid hunting license and the following identifiable parts of an unmanned aerial vehicle whose markings and configuration are consistent with those used on any similar craft known to be owned or operated by the United States federal government."

Full story

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:40 am 

Little_Sally wrote:
Obama Plays the Race Card Once Again
http://www.nationaljournal.com/whitehou ... o-20130719
July 19, 2013

When it looked like the Trayvon Martin hysteria was finally calming down, Obama just needlessly inserted himself into the story AGAIN, playing the race card in order to undermine self-defense and the second amendment. Doesn’t he have a country to run? Why when major cities are going bankrupt is he wasting time on the outcome of a court case in Florida?
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUkVA ... ZXjCikJgHg
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOiaM-uQIU

I'm curious.
You're white, aren't you ?
Are you a member of KKK ?

Just wanted to know.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:59 am 

I'm curious mj you are an idiot are you white? the pres did put a race slant on the verdict, race was never involved in the case you and any one in this country that wants to make this about racial profiling is an idiot. Just go ahead and review .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:46 am 

My dick is so big it's got a dick of its own, and my dick's dick is bigger than yours. (Stolen from Drew Carey)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:41 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I'm curious mj you are an idiot are you white? the pres did put a race slant on the verdict, race was never involved in the case you and any one in this country that wants to make this about racial profiling is an idiot. Just go ahead and review .

I'm curious too, you're able to read ?
The guy is offset because Obama said that the blacks in that fucked up country are an easy target.
A fact. Nothing new. No need to be offended by what Obama said, but that guy seemed to be. Why ?
If he was a black he would have found some logic and confort in what the president said.
But I guessed he's not and I wanted to point out he should have refrained.

I do strongly believe race is an issue here.
The jurors in a case like that should have been half-white, half-black.
Then you would have had a different kind of case. Race would have been mentioned.
Don't expect an almost white-jury to bring that up. The Press did.

We agree to disagree. I don't mind.
And for your info, I'm white... and watching Woods on TV right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:50 am 

Mij wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

The guy is offset because Obama said that the blacks in that fucked up country are an easy target.
A fact. Nothing new. No need to be offended by what Obama said, but that guy seemed to be. Why ?
If he was a black he would have found some logic and confort in what the president said.

Then you would have had a different kind of case. Race would have been mentioned.

are you a stool pigeon. or it that tar and spackel from your innerds?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:37 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:

Mine's bigger.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:16 am 

Little_Sally wrote:
Mij wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

are you a stool pigeon. or it that tar and spackel from your innerds?

You didn't answer me !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:16 am 

Eastern US heatwave update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThN3dKLTxlU

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:02 am 

sleeping in a jar wrote:
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:

Mine's bigger.

See if you can guess what I am now....

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I know all about mich

So do I...
http://youtu.be/JtqTAvv2kDA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:23 am 

Now you've done it. I have to go play my SRB box set now 8)

Wow there's hardly anything fun to do since they made music illegal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:32 am 

sleeping in a jar wrote:
Eastern US heatwave update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThN3dKLTxlU

That's freakin' hilarious jar!
Girl: "Where's all this meat comin' from anyway?!! BBQ'ing every damn night! Ain't nothin' to celebrate! It's 91,000 thousand degrees in here!".
Funny stuff, although she sounds more mad at her god as much as her environment about the heat situation.
Girl: "Last winter I didn't ask him (god) to let the devil put his ass crack on the earth for the summer!" Classic Baptist scripture there man! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:35 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:
Now you've done it. I have to go play my SRB box set now 8)

Stevie Ray Bonn? (The euro version) :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309 ... 375  Next