Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 375  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:53 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:
Now you've done it. I have to go play my SRB box set now 8)

Stevie Ray Bonn? (The euro version) :mrgreen:

Close but no guitar.

Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:26 pm 

Canada Post now selling stamps dedicated to legendary Canadian rock bands

Sending letters now comes with some rock-and-roll flare after Canada Post launched its stamp series depicting legendary Canadian bands.

Four bands — Rush, The Guess Who, The Tragically Hip and Beau Dommage — are honoured in the series, which went on sale Friday.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/07/20/canad ... ad-image-0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:59 pm 

^Something more to collect! Oh boy...not. America will drink Canada Dry for real if given half the chance mate! :wink: Bet your booties* on that.

*Mugalugs, snowshoes, tennis shoes, Python boots... whatever y'all wear up that way.

EDIT: Rock is ; Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis and Little Richard. The four kings of rock are all from the south. All rock is southern by roots. ~ Greg Allman

Nice about your Canadian quartet. KUIII even gave me a Rush Picture Windows tour t-shirt last time I saw him. I wear it during wash day. Haha! :) :lol:

EDIT for spelling. :oops:

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:53 pm 

sleeping in a jar wrote:
Eastern US heatwave update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThN3dKLTxlU

ROTF! :mrgreen:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:31 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
sleeping in a jar wrote:
Eastern US heatwave update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThN3dKLTxlU

ROTF! :mrgreen:

Shes not tropical :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:30 pm 

http://www.providencejournal.com/breaki ... ecraft.ece

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- The Providence City Council has voted to name an intersection after native son and horror writer H.P. Lovecraft.

The council's chief of staff says a resolution to call the intersection of Angell and Prospect streets "H.P. Lovecraft Square" was approved unanimously earlier this month.

Lovecraft lived for years on Angell Street near Brown University. The Halsey House mansion on Prospect Street served as the fictional home of the main character in one of his better known works, "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward."

The Rhode Island Historical Society has held H.P. Lovecraft walking tours, highlighting significant landmarks from the writer's life and works. Fans are also planning to celebrate him at a convention in Providence in August.

Lovecraft died in 1937 at age 46. He's buried in Providence's Swan Point Cemetery.

Pudding
Delicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:06 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
Now you've done it. I have to go play my SRB box set now 8)

:)
I hope you cranked it and had all the windows open.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:15 pm 

Wellington has been hit by a swarm of earthquakes, the larger ones at around 5.2 and 6.5 magnitude and quite shallow, no real damage to speak of, but it was a little freaky walking down my driveway, having to hold on to the fence for support as the earth was rippling beneath me......

We were all advised by "the officials" to not come into the central city today while the damage was being assessed. Broke my previous commute record by over 30 minutes :mrgreen: the roads were deserted....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:05 am 

Wellington has been declared open for business again by the city's leaders after last night's magnitude-6.5 earthquake.

CITY DEALING WITH QUAKE: Prime Minister

Despite taking an emotional toll, the quake had not caused "tremendously significant" damage, Prime Minister John Key said this morning.
Key said: "the city has come through it very well, from what we can see."
Comments from GNS science that there was a possibility the quakes could set off a larger quake on the Wellington fault have been no comfort at all.
The 6.5 quake, which struck at 5.09pm, was the strongest of a swarm that were centred in Cook Strait. Four people had suffered minor injuries, while reports of damage have flowed in to authorities. Aftershocks have continued ever since, with new ones every few minutes. A magnitude 5.2 quake centred 25 kilometres east of Seddon at a depth of 9km was felt sharply in the capital at 10.47am. "It is a very traumatic and people are fearful of the unknown," Key said.

Mayor Celia Wade-Brown said at a press briefing this afternoon thousands of buildings in the city had been assessed and about 35 had external damage, such as broken masonry or windows. Cordons would remain in place on Featherston St, largely because of danger of falling windows, and Wade-Brown said there was no timeframe for their removal at this stage. Wade-Brown said if employers were happy their buildings were safe, workers could go back into the office tomorrow.

GNS scientist Dr Ken Gledhill said the probability of a magnitude 6 or bigger earthquake in the next day had dropped down from 7 per cent and the chances of a big quake happening in next week was down to 19 per cent.

"theres a whole lotta shaking goin' on"

I tried putting in some pics but I'm a dummy so:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8946666 ... post-quake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:53 pm 

They took down the GrandMothers Thread. Can't say as I blame them. While it's cool to discuss them, advertising them in a thread with dates would be uncouth to GZ and the ZFT and Frank too if he were around. It's nice we don't have trendy to go on and on about DZpZ, trying to make comparisons where there is only the music of FZ that they have in common. Both are playing the music of the man we dig and admire. Both do an incredible job too. Only Franks bands could do all of Franks stuff, it takes two or three cover bands to cover all his periods well. The guys that played with FZ still have it going on too...yes even Ike Willis, and are enjoyable for they're respected periods/bands of FZ's multi decade's of composing and preforming. DZpZ is the newer face of the modern Frank Zappa era as well it should be. But there's still room for more, I'd like to see ensemble modern play Zappa again. I just can't get enough of good live Zappa music. I've been fortunate never to have run into anyone attempting FZ's compositions that I didn't think were up to snuff. I's sho' 'nuff been real lucky that way! It must be his music.
Music is the best! ~ FZ

EDIT: Gray G, I've seen some of that footage from the quake. WOW! Y'all had a real SF, San Andreas fault shaker down thatter way!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:35 pm 

If Frank were around they might be playing with him, One of the best and technically the best band playing Zappa music is Ed Palermo, very good arrangements, and the musicians are brilliant, check out his web site.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:52 pm 

I never get it when Gail shuts down links to tribute bands with alumni. I look at them as spreading the word and thereby helping ZPZ fill seats.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:57 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I never get it when Gail shuts down links to tribute bands with alumni. I look at them as spreading the word and thereby helping ZPZ fill seats.

We need a battle of the Zappa cover bands! Maybe then they'll see that no one band can do it all every time they play. Frank wrote enough for everybody to play. They all have their parts, so let 'em play. I was embarrassed how few people were there! A damn shame. They still gave it their best. That's the only speed NMB knows, full tilt Zappa! Maybe that's why FZ hired him??? Best Zappa performer ever! Nooo shiiiiit!
I'll never pass up a chance to see DZpZ in any form either. Frank has spawned some really good bands that can play his music, "like he wanted 'em too!" "Hey, as long as it doesn't cause a murder", right? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am 

I would love it if the Metropole Orkest did Zappa material. If they can do Keneally and Vai, then why not?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:39 am 

They did Bozzio too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 am 

tiboudre wrote:
I would love it if the Metropole Orkest did Zappa material. If they can do Keneally and Vai, then why not?

That would be great. I'd like to see Ensemble Modern tour playing Zappa again or Ed Palermo's big band too. How about Itzhak Perlman playing JLP's/Sugarcane Harris' solo's and parts? Be cool to here him play the Hot Rats LP! :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:15 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm 

Anthony Weiner + "Carlos Danger" + 22 year old = another scandal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:55 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Anthony Weiner + "Carlos Danger" + 22 year old = another scandal

And he's running for Mayor of New York City? Geez...

He sounds more like Governor material to me. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:14 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:04 pm 

By all reports then President Clinton got a blow job and penetrated Monica with a Cigar, does this constitute sex?... :?

I need a... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:26 pm 

I bet he fucked her too. Maybe there's a little Bill running around somewhere.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:19 pm 

Plook wrote:
By all reports then President Clinton got a blow job and penetrated Monica with a Cigar, does this constitute sex?... :?

I need a...

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I bet he fucked her too. Maybe there's a little Bill running around somewhere.

Breaking News This Just In....So what's the point now?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:20 pm 

pedro2 wrote:

P.S.: Tuesday was Monica Lewinsky's fortieth birthday...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:55 am 

speaking of past presidents :arrow:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 375  Next