Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 389  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:54 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
By all reports then President Clinton got a blow job and penetrated Monica with a Cigar, does this constitute sex?... :?

I need a...

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I bet he fucked her too. Maybe there's a little Bill running around somewhere.

Breaking News This Just In....So what's the point now?

I heard something on the radio recently while driving and the modern hipsters were describing what constitueted sex and what did not, so I was taking the forum temperture on the subject, because the with the new generations rules you can have a pretty wild saturday night with out having "sex" in their book... :!:

I need another... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 am 

Train crash near Santiago de Compostela in Spain kills over 70 people.
Crash caught on security cameras:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFGs6hieZg4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:21 am 

Hot air Balloon crashes into lake in the Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 am 

Twitter crashes after Anthony Wiener bares it on Broadway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:55 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Hot air Balloon crashes into lake in the Netherlands

Hahahahahahahahahahaha I get it

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 pm 

Daughter of Paterson man convicted of sexually assaulting her confronts him at sentencing

Friday, July 26, 2013 Last updated: Saturday July 27, 2013, 1:06 AM
BY ZACH PATBERG
STAFF WRITER

As Aswad Ayinde’s daughter stood up to speak, the judge ordered him to put down the court papers he was hunched over and face the daughter he had assaulted and raped since she was 8 years old, fathering her four children.

“I can’t describe how much you hurt me and my sisters,” the daughter, now 35, said Friday to her father, shackled in a prison jumpsuit, his head still bowed, eyes never once meeting hers.

As the woman rehashed the horrors her father inflicted on her and her sisters in Paterson, Ayinde burst out, “You should’ve told the truth instead of lying,” bringing an admonishment from Superior Court Judge Raymond Reddin, who told him that not only did he believe the daughter’s testimony, but also so did the 12 jurors who convicted him.

Ultimately, the daughter said she forgave her father and hoped at some time he’d repent.

“But obviously, with your head down like that, you do not understand,” she said, three of her sisters fighting tears in the courtroom pews.

The whole sad story

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:42 pm 

California Cop Who Pepper-Sprayed Students Claims Psychiatric Damage
http://www.businessinsider.com/californ ... age-2013-7

Reuters
July 28, 2013

A former University of California policeman who drew widespread scorn for pepper-spraying peaceful student protesters is seeking worker’s compensation for psychiatric damage he said he suffered in the 2011 incident.

Video footage of then-campus police Lieutenant John Pike casually dousing student demonstrators in the face with a can of pepper spray as they sat on the ground at UC Davis came to symbolize law enforcement aggression against anti-Wall Street protests at the time.

Pike was suspended and ultimately left the force in July 2012, but UC officials did not disclose the circumstances of his departure.

A scathing 190-page report on the incident found that university officials and UC Davis campus police showed poor judgment and used excessive force in the confrontation, which was widely replayed on television and the Internet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:51 pm 

What a swell guy.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:00 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
What a swell guy.

I've never been the same since that day....now gimme da money! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:25 pm 

Heavy Smoke Stifles Southern Oregon
The fires burning in the region mean dangerous levels of smoke filtering straight into the Rogue Valley and other parts of Southern Oregon. Experts at the National Weather Service said if the fires keep burning, the air quality will continue to deteriorate.

Already, in parts of Southern Oregon, the air is quickly going from bad to worse

"Yesterday the air quality was hazardous in the Cave Junction monitoring station from the DEQ," said National Weather Service Meteorologist Ryan Sandler.

"We had several hundred lightning strikes that set off about 60 fires across Jackson, Josephine and Douglas counties. So we have three big wildfire complexes right now."

On Monday, the air quality was just as bad as it was over the weekend
Not a good 420 day
http://www.kobi5.com/news/local-news/item/heavy-smoke-stifles-southern-oregon.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:07 pm 

Berlusconi finally gets convicted for something...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/a ... y-sentence
Any suggestions what he should do for his community service?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:15 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Berlusconi finally gets convicted for something...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/a ... y-sentence
Any suggestions what he should do for his community service?

Maybe serve some time as a janitor in a women's prison? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:33 pm 

Vinton County Prosecutor Considers Charges After Home Was Wrongly Repossessed

Katie Barnett recently returned to her home after being away for several weeks to find her doors locked and her belongings gone.

Barnett says that the First National Bank in Wellston mistakenly repossessed her house, even though it was not her bank. They were supposed to foreclose on and clean out the house across the street.

The bank told Barnett that their GPS led them astray.

Some of the items in her house had been hauled away, others were sold, given away and trashed.

Barnett has asked the bank to compensate her in the amount of $18,000.

So far, the bank has refused, saying that it apologized for what happened but was disputing the amount of money the homeowner wanted them to pay.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/201 ... essed.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:11 pm 

Man falls from cliff while chasing hat near Davenport

By Stephen Baxter
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Posted: 08/02/2013 06:34:49 PM PDT

DAVENPORT -- A 22-year-old man fell more than 100 feet into the ocean near Davenport on Friday.

The man was conscious when bystanders swam him to the beach. He was taken by helicopter to a Santa Clara County hospital. He had been drinking with three friends near a cliff on the north end of Davenport Beach about 3:05 p.m., said Cal Fire Capt. Rob Engel.

The man's friends told authorities that his hat blew off his head and he chased it, sending him into the water. At least two people on the beach jumped in the water and brought him to the beach.

Firefighters arrived, and a helicopter landed on the beach. Authorities have not said where the man lived.

State Parks and American Medical Response also responded to the call.

MTF notes: a couple weeks ago I posted this picture in the Random Photos thread. It shows the very cliff the guy fell from:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:42 pm 

Pudding
Delicious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:26 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
MTF notes: a couple weeks ago I posted this picture in the Random Photos thread. It shows the very cliff the guy fell from:

I remember. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:53 am 

Hmmm -yummy, yummy
Britain's biggest 'fatberg' removed from London sewer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/23586290

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:22 pm 

Ah... what the heck, no problem, this should be all over:

George Duke, jazz musician, dies aged 67

American jazz musician George Duke, a pioneering keyboardist who collaborated with Frank Zappa during the 1970s, has died at the age of 67.

Duke released his first album in 1966

Former Supremes singer Scherrie Payne confirmed Duke died at St John's hospital in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

His latest album, DreamWeaver, was released in July, as a tribute to his wife Corine, who died from cancer a year ago.

He is survived by his sons, Rasheed and John.

"I just received the devastating and sad news that the great musician, George Duke, passed away this evening," said Payne.

"It was just one year earlier, 18 July, that his beloved wife and my friend, Corine, went to be with the Lord."

An accomplished musician across multiple genres, including jazz, funk and R&B, Duke released more than 30 solo albums, as well as producing and composing tracks for several musicians including Miles Davis, Gladys Knight and Anita Baker.

His debut album, George Duke Quartet, was released in 1966, while he was studying at the San Francisco Conservatory Of Music.

"They approached me at the break and asked me if I'd like to record an album. Needless to say, I was in a state of shock," he recalled of the offer.

Despite calling the album "the worst record" he ever made, Duke went on to work with several talented artists in the late 1960s, including the contemporary jazz violinist, Jean-Luc Ponty, with whom he recorded an album in 1969.

After meeting Zappa that same year, the pair worked together on a series of records including Chunga's Revenge, 200 Motels and Apostrophe.

During a career spanning five decades, Duke composed and produced music for film and was an accomplished music director, leading several prestigious events including the Nelson Mandela international tribute concert in London in 1989 and a tribute to French singer and songwriter Serge Gainsborough at the Montreux Music Festival.

His work has also been sampled by musicians such as Kanye West and Ice Cube and he featured on the Grammy award-winning singer-songwriter, Jill Scott's, third album.

Duke was musical director on the Nelson Mandela concert in London in 1989

Devastated by the death of his wife, Corine, in 2012, he released DreamWeaver less than a month ago as a tribute to her.

"I don't want people to get the idea that this is a morbid record, because it's more about celebration," Duke said.

Duke was due to perform with his band in Los Angeles in early September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23592806

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:35 am 

talk about lurid...
I love you, Dad!

Sex, Booze & Guns in a Small Utah Town
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2 ... h_town.php

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:30 am 

brainpang wrote:
talk about lurid...
I love you, Dad!

I can't wait for the movie :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:29 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
brainpang wrote:
talk about lurid...
I love you, Dad!

I can't wait for the movie :mrgreen:

Lifetime will have it released in 3 weeks... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:57 am 

schvanzbass wrote:

No no no. White smoke signifies that a new Doctor has been chosen.

Black smoke just means the Queen had a successful bowel movement...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:18 pm 

Neil Young and Crazy Horse Cancel Remaining European Tour Dates

Neil Young and Crazy Horse have canceled the final seven dates of their European tour because guitarist Frank "Poncho" Sampedro broke his hand. "It's a mild fracture," a source close to the Young camp tells Rolling Stone. "He's expected to make a complete recovery in time for the North American tour." The group has been on tour for much of the past year, and they played yesterday in Oslo, Norway.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20130808

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:42 pm 

Jacket Copy
Books, authors and all things bookish

Florida slaying suspect Derek Medina's awful self-published books

By Carolyn Kellogg
August 9, 2013, 12:30 p.m.

The man who allegedly posted a photo of his dead wife on Facebook published "How I Saved Someone's Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication" in February.

On Thursday, Derek Medina posted a bloody photo of his wife's twisted body on a linoleum floor on Facebook with the note, “I’m going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife. Love you guys. Miss you guys. Take care. Facebook people you’ll see me in the news,” the Miami Herald reports.

Medina, 31, turned himself in to police later that day; he has been charged with murder.

In light of the crime he has been charged with, his slew of self-help books is all the more disturbing. Between February and July, he self-published six self-help books, all with hectoring titles.

"How I Saved Someone’s Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication," 42 pages, was published Feb. 2. In it he tells a story of a man who divorces and remarries the same woman -- Medina and Jennifer Alfonso had also divorced and remarried, before she was killed.

"Humans Who Are Gifted and Can See the Supernatural Spirit Ghost World We Live in Called Ghost Haunted Adventures," a 94-page book about ghost-hunting, was published Feb. 28. In the book, he describes an event in which his wife is visited by a ghost.

"How a Judgmental and Selfish Attitude Is Destroying the World We Live in Because the World Is Vanishing Beneath Our Eyes," 90 pages, was published March 22. A story of depression, fighting rules of society, UFO visitations and animal photos.

"Attention World Save Yourself," 84 pages, was published April 23. "My goal is for the readers to realize what life they are living," he writes in the book's description. "Please understand why I write short novels. When it's an urgent message and a life threatening situation you expect the messages to be quick and fast. I hope these books touch your spirit."

"World Just Ask Yourself Why We Are Living a Life Full of Lies and How I an Emotional Writer Made All of My Professional Dreams Come True Blocking Society's Teachings," 78 pages, was published June 6. "My goal as an author is to offer self help so enjoy the five books I have created and stay tuned for future work by yours truly, emotional writer Derek Medina," he writes.

"If the World Ended Today How Would You React to Saving the World or Helping the World or Would It All Be Over for You" - published July 1. 102 pages. The book's description includes this: "The book also explains facts on how our world has failed and millions of innocent people have lost their lives due to the bad decisions we have made as a world."

All books were published through e-BookTime, a self-publishing company, and all are currently available as e-books and in paperback at Barnes & Noble.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:47 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Jacket Copy
Books, authors and all things bookish

Florida slaying suspect Derek Medina's awful self-published books

By Carolyn Kellogg
August 9, 2013, 12:30 p.m.

The man who allegedly posted a photo of his dead wife on Facebook published "How I Saved Someone's Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication" in February.

On Thursday, Derek Medina posted a bloody photo of his wife's twisted body on a linoleum floor on Facebook with the note, “I’m going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife. Love you guys. Miss you guys. Take care. Facebook people you’ll see me in the news,” the Miami Herald reports.

Medina, 31, turned himself in to police later that day; he has been charged with murder.

In light of the crime he has been charged with, his slew of self-help books is all the more disturbing. Between February and July, he self-published six self-help books, all with hectoring titles.

"How I Saved Someone’s Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication," 42 pages, was published Feb. 2. In it he tells a story of a man who divorces and remarries the same woman -- Medina and Jennifer Alfonso had also divorced and remarried, before she was killed.

"Humans Who Are Gifted and Can See the Supernatural Spirit Ghost World We Live in Called Ghost Haunted Adventures," a 94-page book about ghost-hunting, was published Feb. 28. In the book, he describes an event in which his wife is visited by a ghost.

I told her to get the fuck out, she didn't take my advice....

"How a Judgmental and Selfish Attitude Is Destroying the World We Live in Because the World Is Vanishing Beneath Our Eyes," 90 pages, was published March 22. A story of depression, fighting rules of society, UFO visitations and animal photos.

"Attention World Save Yourself," 84 pages, was published April 23. "My goal is for the readers to realize what life they are living," he writes in the book's description. "Please understand why I write short novels. When it's an urgent message and a life threatening situation you expect the messages to be quick and fast. I hope these books touch your spirit."

"World Just Ask Yourself Why We Are Living a Life Full of Lies and How I an Emotional Writer Made All of My Professional Dreams Come True Blocking Society's Teachings," 78 pages, was published June 6. "My goal as an author is to offer self help so enjoy the five books I have created and stay tuned for future work by yours truly, emotional writer Derek Medina," he writes.

"If the World Ended Today How Would You React to Saving the World or Helping the World or Would It All Be Over for You" - published July 1. 102 pages. The book's description includes this: "The book also explains facts on how our world has failed and millions of innocent people have lost their lives due to the bad decisions we have made as a world."

All books were published through e-BookTime, a self-publishing company, and all are currently available as e-books and in paperback at Barnes & Noble.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 389  Next