Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A call to unite...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:23 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Oh yeah , there's all those open minded , understanding intellectuals that are always ready for a factual debate.

Who knew that just a few ' keywords ' could turn them into what they define Republicans as , so quick ?

:lol:

Are you sayin' Eddie Haskel is a Republican? :shock:

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:28 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Buchanan : "America has been the best country on earth for black folks".

Notice he said "on earth".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:30 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
Oh yeah , there's all those open minded , understanding intellectuals that are always ready for a factual debate.

Who knew that just a few ' keywords ' could turn them into what they define Republicans as , so quick ?

Are you saying he's not ? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:54 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
pedro2 wrote:

Are you saying he's not ? :shock:

Last I heard he was a retired motorcycle cop in LA. But I'm sure he's still a dues payin' member of SAG and getting those residuals from all those reruns around the world.
Union man, must be a democrat, eh?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:39 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Last I heard he was a retired motorcycle cop in LA. But I'm sure he's still a dues payin' member of SAG and getting those residuals from all those reruns around the world.

No doubt and there's nothing wrong with unions , until they control your life .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:47 pm 

pedro2 wrote:

Pedro, give us a break. Who wants to debate with you when a clearly racist editorial by Pat Buchanan, who is a well known racist, is your opening gambit. Really, give us a break. To know that you think that editorial is cool, is stunning and actually really depressing.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:51 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

There's that phrase again..... No wonder you guys are so paranoid, if you feel like everything is is controlling you.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:54 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Then you'll do as you are told,
Until the rights to you are sold?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
pedro2 wrote:

Pedro, give us a break. Who wants to debate with you when a clearly racist editorial by Pat Buchanan, who is a well known racist, is your opening gambit. Really, give us a break. To know that you think that editorial is cool, is stunning and actually really depressing.

Hmm facts are racist ??

Oh that's right . When the lights shine on the facts , people like you love to look away.
Know who is even more racist than I am ? My black neighbors that keep their house up , work hard and have to come up with excuses of why may in their ' community ' are fucking hoodlums and criminals. The ' other color ' ( just for you SB ) people I know are sick of the same thing whites are pissed off about. They don't want the whites to look at them as ' needy ' and victims of some hypothetical myth propelled by guilt possessed whites and a handful of ' leaders ' that get paid to play the race card every day.

Seems you apologists really don't know many in the hood. If you did , you would know they don't want special privileges or secret code words only they can say. They just want to live and be respected just like every other color. They don't want children having children by fathers that have no responsibility. They don't want to be associated with 12 year old dropouts. It embarrasses them , just the same way you would look at whites who engage in the same thug lifestyle that many blacks like to identify with.

Some time in your life you will have to call a person for what they are. But people like you can't do that. You look at every black person as a victim , when the opposite is quite evident. The blacks in this country have been afforded every opportunity to advance. Many of them have. But with your help , along with other white people who are the bandwagon thinking you're so politically correct by believing the mythical victim hood, you , and people like you , are actually holding down the black race. You keep spreading the myth.

Ronny , would you vote for reparations ?

Would you do the same for the Japanese families and relatives that were interned in WWII ?
Would you do the same for the Chinese that came here and built the railroads ?
How about the Italians and Sicilians who built the Roman empire ?

You're a hypocrite , Ronnie but you could never look in a mirror and admit it.

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:17 pm 

"mythical victimhood", huh? :roll:
Your "black" neighbors, huh? :roll:

I see your hood loud and clear...

You going to threaten to shoot me again if I "come to a few neighborhoods in your town"? :roll:

whatever klan'o2 :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:38 pm 

Pedro, let's get one clear on one thing. I don't call people racist lightly. I haven't called you a racist. In fact there's only one person on this forum I have ever labeled racist, and that individual hasn't posted here for at least a couple of years. However, I will name public figures like Pat Buchanan racist because they make it clear that they are. But on a personal level, almost never.

Facts without context are bullshit. Supposed facts spouted by known race mongers to complain about how bad white people have it are nothing but hate speech. You want to have a "conversation about race?" If you think you can start a conversation using Pat Buchanan as your starting point, you've got a blind spot you could drive a truck through. If you are so deeply in that extreme camp, there's no hope for real discussion.

Besides, conversing with you is like trying to screw fog. You couldn't hold up your end if your life depended on it, because you don't seem to have the cognitive ability to stay focused. I guarantee your response to my post will bear that out, again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:36 pm 

A call to untie, what are we unting?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:09 am 

Ronny , facts have been posted here before . Trouble is , they aren't your facts so you don't give them any credence.

You're a good little sheeple and there's a big party that wants you to stay just as you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 am 

Pedro, I have three problems with your Buchanan text.
The first is that he appears to be claiming that he is part of a silent majority; this, IMO, is a blatant untruth as a) he has been extremely vocal on this topic over the years b) he assumes that 'White America" (whoever that is) makes up a majority and agrees with him.
The second is, he is, in effect, segregating Americans into two groups - the givers (whites) and ungrateful recipients (blacks); this is, to say the least, an oversimplification and many could claim that it is a racist precept in itself.
The third is, the implication that the high level of crimes committed by Afro-Americans is caused by the "fact" that they are black and ungrateful. The first part of the the previous statement is, as you rightly point out, probably factual. The second part is an interpretation on his part and, in my view, without any factual premise whatsoever.
Thus, I would agree that there are factual elements to his article, but that the interpretations he offers are indeed racist.
To draw a parallel: the Nazis in the the early thirties were constantly stressing the fact that Jews were overrepresented in particularly lucrative professions (e.g. doctor, lawyers, journalists) in comparison to the so-called "Aryans". Statistically speaking, this happened to be true. The conclusion drawn by the Nazis was that this overrepresentation was part of a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the Aryans; most would agree that this conclusion is a prime example of anti-semitic propaganda.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:41 am 

This thread sucks! Who started this piece of crap?

Caputh...explain how an ethnic group that represents a small percentage of a population winds up over-represented in lucrative professions.

Touch that!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:45 am 

Hurry Down Doomsday

The man in the corner of this picture has a sinister purpose
In the teeming Temple of the Railroad Kings
He's planting a trashy paperback book for accidental purchase
Containing all the secrets of life and other useless things

But I can't bring myself to look
Wake up zombie write yourself another book
You want to scream and shout my little flaxen lout
Hurry down Doomsday the bugs are taking over

She sleeps with the shirt of a late, great country singer
Stretched out on her poor jealous husband's pillow
In time you can turn these obsessions into careers
While the parents of those kidnapped children start the bidding
For their tears

But I can't bring myself to look
Wake up zombie
Get yourself off the book
You want to scream and shout my little waxen lout

Forget about Beethoven, Rembrandt and rock and roll
Forget about Mickey Mouse, Marlboro and Coca Cola
Forget about Cadillac, Mercedes and Toyota
Forget about Buddha, Allah, Jesus and Jehovah

Any day now a giant insect mutation
Will swoop down and devour the white man's burden
Starting out with all of the sensitive ones
Better make like a fly if you don't want to die
Look out there goes Gordon

But I can't bring myself to think
Wake up zombie
Kick up a big stink
You want to scream and shout my little Saxon lout

- Elvis Costello

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:05 am 

A rope leash wrote:
This thread sucks! Who started this piece of crap?

Caputh...explain how an ethnic group that represents a small percentage of a population winds up over-represented in lucrative professions.

Touch that!

An interesting question and one which, I suppose has to be answered by looking back at German history. Although the Holy Roman Empire, like most "states" in Europe contained many antisemites, the divided nature of the "state" prevented official antisemitic policies from being enacted from above at a state level (as in e.g. the nation state England, where the Jews were expelled). One of the few antisemtic policies that was in operation throughout what became Germany after 1871 was the restriction of Jews to particular professions, generally money-lending. This was a profession that Christians were not allowed to practice, but can, as one might guess, prove fairly profitable. With the emancipation of Jewry, which began after 1871, many Jews were thus financially able to provide a decent education for their children and thus they were able, as new fields of employment opened up to them, move into the above mentioned lucrative professions.
Actually, by the time the Nazi is came to power, it is, IMO, difficult to describe the Jews as an ethnic group at all, although the Nazis attempted to do so, as many were no longer practising Jews, only spoke German and were indistinguishable from Germans. The only difference between them and most Germans was the fact that their Grandparents were practising Jews. Although the Nazis ranted on about "race" and "blood" a lot, the only practicable way to distinguish the Jews from the Germans was to demand that all inhabitants of Germany provide a family tree, in which the religion of the ancestors was described.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:42 am 

Ah, Caputh! A voice of reason and sanity amid the clatter of ignorance and inanity.

Why is it difficult to see Jews as an ethnic group? Many Jews consider themselves an actual race of human beings, not just an ethnic group...and of course, if you say they are not a race, then you are an anti-Semite and Jew hater that wants them all destroyed.

I say that because I have worked with many Jews. I was once shouted down for saying something wasn't "kosher". They called me a "racist". I had no idea.

But, in general, there is an aspect of discrimination, or racism, or nepotism involved when any group of persons rises to prosperity over other groups. This has been true of white Anglo-Saxons in North America. I have read about studies that show that a person who is hiring tends to hire from his own group.

Do you think there is any validity to the claim that Jews dominate media and entertainment due to a tendency toward nepotism? I can hear the shouts of anti-Semite already, but it can't be denied that there are lots of Jews working in media and entertainment, a percentage that is much more than that of the general public. Is it just an hereditary consequence, or is there some subtle discrimination at work here?

ha ha ha shut-up I don't hate Jews any more than any other human beings I just enjoy getting at the truth of this world.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:42 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
Ah, Caputh! A voice of reason and sanity amid the clatter of ignorance and inanity.

Why is it difficult to see Jews as an ethnic group? Many Jews consider themselves an actual race of human beings, not just an ethnic group...and of course, if you say they are not a race, then you are an anti-Semite and Jew hater that wants them all destroyed.

I say that because I have worked with many Jews. I was once shouted down for saying something wasn't "kosher". They called me a "racist". I had no idea.

But, in general, there is an aspect of discrimination, or racism, or nepotism involved when any group of persons rises to prosperity over other groups. This has been true of white Anglo-Saxons in North America. I have read about studies that show that a person who is hiring tends to hire from his own group.

Do you think there is any validity to the claim that Jews dominate media and entertainment due to a tendency toward nepotism? I can hear the shouts of anti-Semite already, but it can't be denied that there are lots of Jews working in media and entertainment, a percentage that is much more than that of the general public. Is it just an hereditary consequence, or is there some subtle discrimination at work here?

ha ha ha shut-up I don't hate Jews any more than any other human beings I just enjoy getting at the truth of this world.

Well, I think the Jews are particularly special case. As I've said, what is interesting about the German Jews is that I think in the 30s they were indeed more "assimilated" than in many other European countries i.e. that many German Jews identified more with Germany than with their Jewish background. They were also a relatively small group (around 250, 000 in 1934).
The Nazis racial hierarchy makes the high degree of Jewish assimilation in Germany quite clear; the "worst" Jews for them were from Eastern Europe (basically Polish, or "worst" of all, Russian Jews). They only started systematically exterminating German Jews relatively late; a couple of years after they'd started killing Jews from other countries.

As regards a possible Jewish "stranglehold" (I know you didn't say that, but I'm paraphrasing) on culture and/or banking I don't think it's possible to deny that there are many Jews who work in those fields. The cause, for me, would not necessarily be nepotism (although it possibly plays a role) but the value families place on education. In the long term this is what leads to professional success (but I would say that, I'm a teacher).
However, do you really want to do without Einstein, Dustin Hoffman, William Shatner, Howard Stern or Groucho Marx?

(or even Karl Marx?) :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:07 pm 

A rope leash wrote:

Well rope, they sho' 'nuff can't sing and dance like dem black folk do, so they do da-do da next best thing. They's opened up some clubs and started chargin' dem dumb ass rich goys to see dem black folks sing and dance!
Now everyone's crazy mad at the tribe with envy. Even Caputh knows that history shows the Jews weren't a "problem" until there were "christains". Both believed in one god and until jesus appeared in history they were united as to how to meet 'n greet him. During and after Jesus/Christainity it was easier to divide and conquer a socially split society by the Romans. But you knew all that stuff, right?

They seem to have suffered more disproportional racism from whitey than any other groups, like the Asians, Blacks, Latino's, Arabs, East Indians and Eskimos have. :roll:
Lenny Bruce put it best in a bit about bigoted slang words. If you say them enough real fast they stop making sense, like they were made to in the first place. Something like that.

Anyway, if you look at racism it's most always from the WASP point of view. It's in all races and is usually most prevalent among those people that aren't secure within their own group. To build their self esteem up in the group, it's easier to put another group down. Especially the weak and poor or out-of-site and easily misunderstood groups and subgroups of folks everywhere. Point the finger at someone else to hide your own indiscretions and shortcomings. It's sorta' the same with the bully thing, ya know?

Well that's just my weak, poor, easily misunderstood, outta site, folksy, longhaired ZappaFreak opinion. I think-therefor I'm dangerous. Mwahahaha! :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:41 pm 

I could do without Adam Sandler.

I'm not the kind of person that thinks the Jews control the media. The CIA and NSA does that.

But, they do hold a lot of powerful positions in the media and entertainment industries. This has to have some effect on what is presented to the public...that is, a lot of it has a Jewish skew, especially when it comes to news coverage of the Middle East. Israel is often portrayed as a victim, when I am sure a lot of Arabs see it the other way around. Our politicians show a lot of support and concern for Israel, but the average American guy on the street...eh, not so much.

There's a show on NPR...Fresh Air...that gal is Jewish and nearly every time I listen to the show she has a guest who is eventually revealed to be Jewish. It almost seems that every actor or writer she has on her show is Jewish, but how does that happen when Jews are only maybe five percent of the population?

...and speaking of population, if there were only 250,000 Jews in Germany in 1934, how could the Nazis have exterminated six million just a decade later? Yes, Jews from occupied countries, but how many could that have been, if there were only a quarter million in Germany?

Yeah, I know...shit we ain't supposed to be talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
I could do without Adam Sandler.

Selective breading Her Mengala?
I'd miss The Hanukkah Song and opera-man too! :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:12 pm 

Another call to unite to save the world from the "murderous black face" folks. :roll:

KKK is starting a neighborhood watch group

... Residents in Springfield, Mo., recently awoke to discover that KKK members had done their version of a mass email, wrapping neighborhood watch fliers around rocks and throwing them into yards...

http://now.msn.com/kkk-neighborhood-wat ... n-missouri

Maybe they'll go door to door to check everyone's birth certificates. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:55 pm 

The KKK adopted a highway in Missouri...you know, they pick up the litter. The ACLU helped them out with that, and are helping them adopt a highway in Georgia.

I understand that 9-11 Truthers have also adopted a highway in Missouri.

There's nothing illegal about being a bigot, or a conspiracy realist.

This is what freedom is about, and it scares the shit out of some people.

But, it should be understood that if we don't let people speak freely, the haters won't know who to hate.

I don't believe Jesus was the Son of God, but I do think his core truth was correct. Until men learn to love and forgive one another, the Kingdom of God will never appear upon the Earth.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:17 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
The KKK adopted a highway in Missouri...you know, they pick up the litter. The ACLU helped them out with that, and are helping them adopt a highway in Georgia.

I understand that 9-11 Truthers have also adopted a highway in Missouri.

There's nothing illegal about being a bigot, or a conspiracy realist.

This is what freedom is about, and it scares the shit out of some people.

But, it should be understood that if we don't let people speak freely, the haters won't know who to hate.

I don't believe Jesus was the Son of God, but I do think his core truth was correct. Until men learn to love and forgive one another, the Kingdom of God will never appear upon the Earth.

So when you say "the haters won't know who to hate", are you are referring to the bigots as 'the haters' ..or to the people who object to the (public face) of the bigots? (that is: not the 'picking up litter' public face, the Other One)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next