Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:12 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I fail to see how paying taxes means the fed govt is running my life. I make choices in every part of my life. The constant harping by republicans that the govt is controlling every aspect of our lives is just smoke and noise. A smaller govt would be great, but how can we talk about sensible ways to shrink it when we have all this shouting. I commend Rope and Bravo for getting to more sensible statements on this topic.

So...being reamed by the IRS is by choice?

The IRS doesn't control my life, at least not yet. I just pay taxes like most people. You can add up all the federal programs and regulations and they still wouldn't control my life. The notion that the government controls me is just hyperbolic silliness.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:21 pm 

I could go unnoticed back a page. Bumped by RN
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
[So...being reamed by the IRS is by choice?

Wait a second. Who's reaming you DB? It's just not wise to take a stand on the US IRS unless your paying into them. Don't you have a Canadian tax on properties up in Van?
If you want a discussion about the American IRS system, just ask Caputh, the Englishman now living in Germany, who's currently vacationing down in France. Hey, did I fit that all in?! He's the one guy on the forum who would know the best. Just tryin' to help ya DB. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:54 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I could go unnoticed back a page. Bumped by RN
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Wait a second. Who's reaming you DB? It's just not wise to take a stand on the US IRS unless your paying into them. Don't you have a Canadian tax on properties up in Van?
If you want a discussion about the American IRS system, just ask Caputh, the Englishman now living in Germany, who's currently vacationing down in France. Hey, did I fit that all in?! He's the one guy on the forum who would know the best. Just tryin' to help ya DB. :)

Unfortunately, the IRS is one the subjects I am least qualified to pronounce on as I don't even really understand the German tax system :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:03 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Unfortunately, the IRS is one the subjects I am least qualified to pronounce on as I don't even really understand the German tax system :oops:

I thought you were on vacation? So Sa La Vie as it were to that idea! Look at that S car go! Yum, yum yum-e-yum yum. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 pm 

I'm not allowed to post when I'm on vacation? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 pm 

Caputh wrote:
I'm not allowed to post when I'm on vacation? :)

Spend it "as you like it" by all means mi amigo. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:28 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

:P

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I fail to see how paying taxes means the fed govt is running my life. I make choices in every part of my life. The constant harping by republicans that the govt is controlling every aspect of our lives is just smoke and noise. A smaller govt would be great, but how can we talk about sensible ways to shrink it when we have all this shouting. I commend Rope and Bravo for getting to more sensible statements on this topic.

So...being reamed by the IRS is by choice?

The IRS doesn't control my life, at least not yet. I just pay taxes like most people. You can add up all the federal programs and regulations and they still wouldn't control my life. The notion that the government controls me is just hyperbolic silliness.

Well, they partly do. Otherwise, regardless of how ridiculously high the rates are or would be, we all wouldn't HAVE to pay taxes...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:25 pm 

We might have to pay taxes, but with a privatized healthcare system we'll all live forever! Whoopie! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:36 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
We might have to pay taxes, but with a privatized healthcare system we'll all live for ever! Whoopie! :wink:

No, you wouldn't live forever...but as long as free market principles were adopted, you'd have a larger quantity and quality of choices, which would result in lower prices. It's definitely better than only ONE choice, mostly wasted tax dollars and the illusion of free healthcare, which is essentially all that Government-run socialized healthcare provides.

Your sarcasm meter is set on high tonight, isn't it?! :P

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:57 pm 

Yep, just razzin ya bro. :P :wink: NBD I hope, I've been little miffed about the poor turnout of ZappaFreaks for The GrandMothers show in Sac., last Sat. night. Made some new ZappaFreak friends but didn't see one person I knew. Across the street at The Crest it was packed for DZpZ. I was with or met at least 10 people that missed a really great show. Damn shame!

As far as healthcare goes. I get what I need with persistence. I have to. But that's the last thing I like talkin' about on a music forum.
Farm out bro'. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:08 am 

Names I appear to be strangely unable to spell: Attlee :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:23 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Names I appear to be strangely unable to spell: Attlee :oops:

Don't you have some papers to correct Caputh? Or do you like perusing the forum looking for your old spelling mistakes? :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:27 pm 

It's the hidden pedant in me, Kiirk :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:34 pm 

To each his own passions I suppose or whatever floats your boat. Are still on vacation down in France? :?:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:45 pm 

Nope - beck in Tschormeny; preparing for another term. Even teacher's holidays have an end. Glad you liked the Grandma's; I'll go and see 'em in Berlin if they make it out there!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:56 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Nope - beck in Tschormeny; preparing for another term. Even teacher's holidays have an end. Glad you liked the Grandma's; I'll go and see 'em in Berlin if they make it out there!

They'll be at Zappanale in Badober(?), Germany, don't you go to that?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:48 pm 

Caputh wrote:

You're seeing Beck in Tschormeny? Nice!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:31 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Caputh wrote:

You're seeing Beck in Tschormeny? Nice!

What a catch!... What a save... the crowd roars! :) This should be in Breaking News... or Concerts Your Going To...his students would love this stuff, eh Caputh? Eat 'em up yum! :lol:

Lettuce snow how the beck concert went there professor sire. < C?IDojst4UCpth? :twisted: Do your pupils text much over that way bro'? Or Twitter on and on? Are they VIRAL? Any of that stuff? :?:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:13 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Do your pupils text much over that way bro'? Or Twitter on and on? Are they VIRAL? Any of that stuff? :?:

They would if I 'em :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:50 am 

Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Do your pupils text much over that way bro'? Or Twitter on and on? Are they VIRAL? Any of that stuff? :?:

Ha! You big tiny little textin', emailin' devil you! You get 'em teach! :wink:
Your being the teach and all, that would be bad form then I would suppose?
Do you have to ask them to refrain from twittering, texting, plus turn off your phones etcetera before class or are these guidelines already in place?
How old are your students Caputh?
I know, :?: :?: :?:'s. I'm curious is all. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:33 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Ha! You big tiny little textin', emailin' devil you! You get 'em teach! :wink:
Your being the teach and all, that would be bad form then I would suppose?
Do you have to ask them to refrain from twittering, texting, plus turn off your phones etcetera before class or are these guidelines already in place?
How old are your students Caputh?

I lost a "let" somewhere in the above post, sorry.
I teach 13 to 18 year olds (mostly the latter age group). Nearly all the kids at the school where I teach behave very well on their own, without me telling them to do so. There are a couple I've taught who have played around with iphones during the lesson, but I've only had to confiscate two mobiles for the duration of one lesson. The official ruling if they're playing with them in a lesson is that they are to confiscated and given to the school secretary and can then only be retrieved by the pupil's parents - but I haven't had to do that yet. I do let 'em use their iphones for legitimate research during lessons, but they have to ask first.
I NEVER text myself and try to avoid using a mobile, too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:54 am 

Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

I lost a "let" somewhere in the above post, sorry.
I teach 13 to 18 year olds (mostly the latter age group). Nearly all the kids at the school where I teach behave very well on their own, without me telling them to do so. There are a couple I've taught who have played around with iphones during the lesson, but I've only had to confiscate two mobiles for the duration of one lesson. The official ruling if they're playing with them in a lesson is that they are to confiscated and given to the school secretary and can then only be retrieved by the pupil's parents - but I haven't had to do that yet. I do let 'em use their iphones for legitimate research during lessons, but they have to ask first.
I NEVER text myself and try to avoid using a mobile, too.

Right on Caputh. Maybe sumdas ore amerikan kidz wil lernt better n skool than thay do now, therefor being equal to the 17 modern countries who's education systems surpass ours now!
Good job bro' and thanks for the info. :wink: 8) :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8