Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:02 pm 

baddy wrote:
Plook wrote:
Hey Baddy long time no hear how are you doing, did you make the move you were considering for work?

:smoke:

Not to derail the thread, but :) HELLO :) to the folks who said Hi :)

Yes, I did accomplish the move, it took forever to get the house out of probate (it was the estate of my 40-year best friend who died on his bike two years ago), I just moved in last week after a couple of months of [continuing] renovations.

Here's some photos of the work so far...

http://znakomi.com/House4Web/houserenovation.htm

Been pretty busy with OT at work, school (up to 50 of 66 credits needed - though I may take the fall semester off as I'm not getting enough sleep with work - work and house - work).

Some comments on the thread topic...

It's interesting to watch the corporate media and how it designs/controls public opinion:

Edward Snowden told us all that the administration is spying on us (and the world), and Obama wants him bad. I am encouraged that sometimes the media admits that public opinion is 2:1 in favor of Snowden as a whistleblower...

...with that said, it's interesting to watch the media turning public opinion against him by calling him "The NSA Leaker," a derogatory term, rather than "the hero who took on the US by telling us all that the government is recording all our phone conversations and emails."

Especially the remaining Obama supporters, unhappy Snowden gave them the information that they are being spied upon.,,I guess they didn't want to know.

With all Obama's baby killing, and spying, and taxpayer-debt trillion dollar giveaways to his sponsor banks, and his removal of all our civil rights, (assassinations and detention of Americans without trial)...some STILL defend him...

...lol... if Obama lined up all his democrat supporters and started shooting them, I think the ones who haven't been shot yet wouldn't mind; Killing in their name, giving all their money to the rich, now recording their emails and phone calls...nothing phases them.

I have hope though that the administration has gone too far this time and even the media will not be able to control public opinion.

I think it will be a revolution...my question is will it be before or after the crash.

I'd recommend having a year's food in the house.

Baddy the house looks good, big project good luck... :arrow:

As to the spying why is this old news even being made to a big deal, did not everyone understand many years ago when it was exposed that the Goverment was filtering everything it meant everything, they only have time for you if your doing something wrong so why worry...if he is revealing information on assets he should be shot as a trader same as Chaney when he reveiled Valerie Plame...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:57 pm 

There's a huge difference between traitor and trader, although most Wall Street traders are suspect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:23 pm 

This has been discussed in depth in the Ron Paul thread, but seeing as how the NSA spying topic is back in discussion here, lets put this crucial piece of information regarding who really is behind it here...

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Peter Thiel Is Ron Paul's Billionaire Sugar Daddy

Ron Paul may have an army of small donors but when it comes to billionaire sugar daddies, PayPal co-founder and early Facebook investor Peter Thiel is the financial stalwart of the campaign. According to campaign finance documents filed with the FEC on Monday, Thiel donated $1.7 million to Ron Paul-supporting super PAC Endorse Liberty in January, which amounted to over 70 percent of the $2.4 million it received for the month. Following donations of $150,000 and $750,000 donations made in December, the billionaire has given the PAC $2.6 million, accounting for 76 percent of its total fundraising.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... ddy/48933/

Is This Creepy Facebook-Friendly Startup Behind the NSA PRISM Program?

Palantir says it sells "software that allows organizations to make sense of massive amounts of disparate data," for purposes including "combating terrorism," and offers to bring "Silicon Valley to your doorstep." It's enjoyed early investments from the CIA, which might have something to do with its current napkin-valuation of around $5 billion, and now employs former top spooks like Michael Leiter. Palantir also happens to sell software called "Prism," which shares its namesake with an NSA spy program that also aims to bring Silicon Valley to snoop doorsteps around the Beltway. Palantir's Prism, according to a handy user manual published on TPM, "is a software component that lets you quickly integrate external databases"—exactly the kind of action that the NSA allegedly makes use of to suck up your Facebook browsing, Gmail inbox, and Google searches in realtime...

...Facebook was once a neighbor—directly across the street—of Palantir, at 156 University Avenue in Palo Alto. Peter Thiel, who sits on Facebook's board of directors and has mentored Mark Zuckerberg for close to a decade, is a co-founder of Palantir—though that detail is omitted from his bio on the board's website. Sean Parker, Facebook's notorious first president and another earlier investor, created the VC firm Founder's Fund along with Thiel—and yes, it invests in Palantir. As Facebook has spread into the brains of a billion users and completely saturated the United States, it's become one of the NSA's top targets via PRISM: Federal spies have “continued exponential growth in [surveillance] tasking to Facebook," says the Washington Post, and federal intel analysts enjoy "extensive search and surveillance capabilities against the variety of online social networking services.”...

http://valleywag.gawker.com/is-this-cre ... -511895177

Some further reading about Ron Pauls primary donors direct ties to the NSA. -------> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125200842406984303.html

Basically, Ron Paul is more directly tied to the NSA's spying program than Obama. Ron Paul's been doing some killing of babies himself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
where abouts is the house located looks like out in the country, nothing cheep about a renovation.

Hiya BRAVO_SIERRA...yeah, it's nice and quiet here in the country...I'm on the rural end of Connecticut, about three miles from the ocean. I have a long driveway off a rural country road so you can't see the road from the house, all you see is nature. The porch in the photo was actually my design (http://znakomi.com/House4Web/houserenovation.htm), when my friend owned it he was going to put on a little entrance, and I said "put a big porch on there with panoramic windows out on nature," and he did....It's gorgeous country here, I look out on the garden...so different from when I lived in town on the main drag with cars and sirens and all.

Yeah, nothing cheap in renovations, the HVAC guy just left, with my $4000 for a new furnace. The last one was a nice furnace but it went three feet under water. He says it's toast, but it doesn't look corroded inside, just the motors and pump are ceased up.... I don't know about furnaces so I'm not sure if he's just trying to sell me a new one or not...the joys of home ownership.

Otherwise, I've made out well, I got the place for payoff of the morrtgage so it was very cheap(it never went on the market, I bought direct from my friends family)....Hank had already poured money into it so I just had to do mostly sheet rocking and painting, (and cabinets/countertops). All the insulation, shake shingle siding, double insulated windows and roof are all new.

pedro2 wrote:
Looks fantastic , Baddy .

VERY nice to see you hanging around again !

:D :D

Hiya Pedro2, nice to see ya still hangin' in there!

Nice to see all you kiddies really, Pedro, BRAVO, Caputh, Plookie, Disco, Rope and others I may have missed. Hello to Little_Sally too, nice to see your post about Obama removing that whistleblower stuff now that he's become King and flopped over to persecuting them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:58 am 

News flash Spacebro is black and I don't care who who who cares about the creep... not me. !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:21 am 

does he look like this ??,,

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:24 am 

Plook wrote:

As to the spying why is this old news even being made to a big deal, did not everyone understand many years ago when it was exposed that the Goverment was filtering everything it meant everything, they only have time for you if your doing something wrong so why worry...

Don't you find the fact that the present president blithely continued the policy of the previous administration(s) - and not only there? Quite a lot was promised in terms of openness at home and diplomacy abroad; very little has been realized.
I'm also slightly worried about their definition of "something wrong". "Something wrong" in the US is not necessarily "something wrong" in Europe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:24 am 

baddy wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
where abouts is the house located looks like out in the country, nothing cheep about a renovation.

Hiya BRAVO_SIERRA...yeah, it's nice and quiet here in the country...I'm on the rural end of Connecticut, about three miles from the ocean. I have a long driveway off a rural country road so you can't see the road from the house, all you see is nature. The porch in the photo was actually my design (http://znakomi.com/House4Web/houserenovation.htm), when my friend owned it he was going to put on a little entrance, and I said "put a big porch on there with panoramic windows out on nature," and he did....It's gorgeous country here, I look out on the garden...so different from when I lived in town on the main drag with cars and sirens and all.

Yeah, nothing cheap in renovations, the HVAC guy just left, with my $4000 for a new furnace. The last one was a nice furnace but it went three feet under water. He says it's toast, but it doesn't look corroded inside, just the motors and pump are ceased up.... I don't know about furnaces so I'm not sure if he's just trying to sell me a new one or not...the joys of home ownership.

Otherwise, I've made out well, I got the place for payoff of the morrtgage so it was very cheap(it never went on the market, I bought direct from my friends family)....Hank had already poured money into it so I just had to do mostly sheet rocking and painting, (and cabinets/countertops). All the insulation, shake shingle siding, double insulated windows and roof are all new.

pedro2 wrote:
Looks fantastic , Baddy .

VERY nice to see you hanging around again !

:D :D

Hiya Pedro2, nice to see ya still hangin' in there!

Nice to see all you kiddies really, Pedro, BRAVO, Caputh, Plookie, Disco, Rope and others I may have missed. Hello to Little_Sally too, nice to see your post about Obama removing that whistleblower stuff now that he's become King and flopped over to persecuting them.

Well if the furnace is a 90%+ efficiency, which it most likely is, 4 grand is the going rate. cheers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:25 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Plook wrote:

As to the spying why is this old news even being made to a big deal, did not everyone understand many years ago when it was exposed that the Goverment was filtering everything it meant everything, they only have time for you if your doing something wrong so why worry...

Don't you find the fact that the present president blithely continued the policy of the previous administration(s) - and not only there? Quite a lot was promised in terms of openness at home and diplomacy abroad; very little has been realized.
I'm also slightly worried about their definition of "something wrong". "Something wrong" in the US is not necessarily "something wrong" in Europe.

That goes directly to my NSA briefing argument, as soon as they get in and find out the "truth" they all get on board, I think we are lucky we don't know the truth...it makes it easy for us to go about our day in ignorant bliss and believe radical muslims are niot trying to wipe us from the face of the earth... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:50 pm 

Little_Sally wrote:
News flash Spacebro is black and I don't care who who who cares about the creep... not me. !
edyrukidng wrote:
does he look like this ??,,Image

Better looking than you guys...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:
edyrukidng wrote:
does he look like this ??,,Image

Better looking than you guys...

Now that actually is funny space bro keep it up and we might even start to like you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:43 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I'll be damned voter fraud. Looks like it takes many forms.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9