Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:56 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Thats just the situation, dumbass zimmerman, got out of his vehicle, to look where TM was ,TM saw this back tracked and let zimmerman have it in the schnoz, knocking him on his ass, TM was only 400 yards from his dads place, and instead of just going home he confronted zimmerman. I think it is a bad situation made worse, the thing that sucks is putting so much focus on THIS incident and not the 50 plus shot dead in chicago just a few weeks later, I think the same thing would have happened if tM were white, it's just the way the thing went down.

I tend to agree with ya BS. Out here, over in Oakland they're makin' a movie about the BART/Oakland officer shooting of an unarmed teenager on the BART train platform. It's way to common a practice by cops, now every armed person, to shoot first if you feel threatened. I hope the young dudes are getting hip to that message. Otherwise it's death by cop/vigilante if your not too careful or fit a profile.

Bottom line in general for life, don't be so fucking quick to pick a fight with people weather you are justified , or pissed off or what the excuse is, someone knocks you on your ass then the fight will most likely happen, at that point ......well...... ever been in a fight?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:59 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Thats just the situation, dumbass zimmerman, got out of his vehicle, to look where TM was ,TM saw this back tracked and let zimmerman have it in the schnoz, knocking him on his ass, TM was only 400 yards from his dads place, and instead of just going home he confronted zimmerman. I think it is a bad situation made worse, the thing that sucks is putting so much focus on THIS incident and not the 50 plus shot dead in chicago just a few weeks later, I think the same thing would have happened if tM were white, it's just the way the thing went down.

I tend to agree with ya BS. Out here, over in Oakland they're makin' a movie about the BART/Oakland officer shooting of an unarmed teenager on the BART train platform. It's way to common a practice by cops, now every armed person, to shoot first if you feel threatened. I hope the young dudes are getting hip to that message. Otherwise it's death by cop/vigilante if your not too careful or fit a profile.

Bottom line in general for life, don't be so fucking quick to pick a fight with people weather you are justified , or pissed off or what the excuse is, someone knocks you on your ass then the fight will most likely happen, at that point ......well...... ever been in a fight?

I have a talent for avoiding violence while at the same time making people think about what they're doing. At the very least I confuse and diffuse the situation, usually with humor or extreme ridiculousness of some sort. If you can laugh at yourself it's not so hard to get others to laugh with you and then at themselves or the situation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:59 am 

Seeing as how this guy is not only a racist, but also a typical NRA supported gun toting stupid wacko right wing nut job, this seems as good a place as any to post this...

Ted Nugent: Black Americans Should Be Profiled, Like Dogs

Ted Nugent, the perpetually provocative hard rock guitarist, said earlier this week that black Americans should be profiled in the same manner that different breeds of dogs are considered dangerous.
Most recently, he joked that he wouldn't mind shooting residents of Los Angeles' South Central neighborhood with a machine gun from a helicopter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/2 ... 59911.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:30 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Seeing as how this guy is not only a racist, but also a typical NRA supported gun toting stupid wacko right wing nut job, this seems as good a place as any to post this...

Ted Nugent: Black Americans Should Be Profiled, Like Dogs

Ted Nugent, the perpetually provocative hard rock guitarist, said earlier this week that black Americans should be profiled in the same manner that different breeds of dogs are considered dangerous.
Most recently, he joked that he wouldn't mind shooting residents of Los Angeles' South Central neighborhood with a machine gun from a helicopter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/2 ... 59911.html

"I drool every time I see pictures of Brooke Shields...a 16 year old confined lifestyle model...I'd really like to set up camp in Brooke Shield's ass...I've met some absolutely gorgeous 15 year olds and if they're not experienced, within the hour they are...I like 'em small and firm."

Ted, in Hustler Magazine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 am 

Nugent is truly repulsive. :P

--------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back in Florida...another guy...standing his ground.

Seven killed, including gunman, in Florida shootout

SWAT officers shot and killed a gunman early Saturday after he killed 6 people, ending an hours-long standoff near Miami, Fla., police said.
Police identified the shooter as Pedro Vargas, 42...

The victims were identified as Italo Pisciotti, 79; Camira Pisciotti, 69; Carlos Javier Gavilanes, 33; Patricio Simono, 64; Merly S. Niebles, 51, and an unnamed 17-year-old woman.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:35 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Nugent is truly repulsive. :P

Uncle Ted sees Spacbro coming around the corner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:12 pm 

* Ted's got Marty Feldman eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:43 am 

i don`t think using guns should be even something to talk about, people who think that it`s ok to have any weapon are bad fucked people, the idea that you need a gun to take care of your children your life or whatever is because the system you live in in tottally wrong, like in the united states, they talk about being the best place and the most advanced society and that they are theaching about democracy but just look at you...and you talk about being legal having guns, not even the army or police should have guns, that`s for mentally retarded assholes, it`s like people who know boxing or any fighting thecnique, ok you know how to hit people, you shouldn`t exist period

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:16 am 

googly moogly wrote:
i don`t think using guns should be even something to talk about, people who think that it`s ok to have any weapon are bad fucked people, the idea that you need a gun to take care of your children your life or whatever is because the system you live in in tottally wrong, like in the united states, they talk about being the best place and the most advanced society and that they are theaching about democracy but just look at you...and you talk about being legal having guns, not even the army or police should have guns, that`s for mentally retarded assholes, it`s like people who know boxing or any fighting thecnique, ok you know how to hit people, you shouldn`t exist period

That was a well thought out dissertation...NOT ...I see your from the twilight zone...better stay there

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:59 am 

Little_Sally wrote:
googly moogly wrote:

That was a well thought out dissertation...NOT ...I see your from the twilight zone...better stay there

You gotta be kiddin me. :roll: I am he as you he as you are me and we are all together.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:46 am 

In addition to being a fan of the racist pedophile known as Ted Nugent, I'm sure Little Sally will also find this funny too. :roll:

Another setback for gun owners: brilliant Texas couple shoots and kills 7-year-old for trespassing

In what can only be viewed as yet another setback for gun owners, a Texas couple shot and killed 7-year-old Donald Coffey, Jr. this week for "trespassing."
Donald Coffey, Jr. was off-roading with several family members, including his 5-year-old sister, in the Houston area on May 7th when he was shot in the head by 45-year-old Gayle Muhs and his wife Sheila. Apparently, Sheila shot first and then handed the shotgun to her husband so he could take his turn firing on the suspected interlopers.

Donald Coffey, Jr., his father, Donald Coffey, Sr. his 5-year-old sister Destiny, and a family friend were all shot and injured by the Muhs couple, who had posted a sign, above, threatening "trespassers" on the property
According to Liberty County Chief Deputy Ken DeFoor, the family was not even on the Muhs' property at the time of the shooting. They were on property owned by an area subdivision, not the Muhs. In an area commonly used for off-roading.
That this shooting occurred is not that shocking. Unfortunately, this type of incident has become tragically commonplace. What's especially disturbing about this story is that the shooters felt no need to conceal either their intentions or their actions. They had such a distorted idea of property protection rights that they felt justified in their actions, even after they essentially shot a group of innocent family members with as little emotion as one might expect from a shooter aiming at a tin can on a tree stump.

http://www.examiner.com/article/another ... respassing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:31 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
In addition to being a fan of the racist pedophile known as Ted Nugent, I'm sure Little Sally will also find this funny too. :roll:

I always see Uncle Ted when he is in town and I don't subscribe to everything he says or does...is that how you think ?
I just sometimes to try an represent absurdity by sometimes being absurd.
Like this...
“Just fire the shotgun through the door”
– After giving his advice to go out and “buy a shotgun” rather than an AR-15, Biden issued, perhaps, his most controversial gun comment to date.
During an interview with Field and Stream, an outdoors magazine, the vice-president gave additional advice to those looking to protect themselves against would-be intruders: “Just fire the shotgun through the door"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:20 pm 

Gun suicides up... CDC finds

The rate of suicide using guns has gone up in most of the 50 most populous U.S. metropolitan areas...according to new statistics released Thursday.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is reasserting its right to study and report on gun deaths, says the economy is a clear factor in the rise in suicides, as is access to guns.

Thursday’s report focuses on big metropolitan areas and on youths aged 10 to 19...

...The second leading cause of deaths among teenagers was homicide, and 83 percent of these killings involved a gun...

New Orleans has by far the highest per capita rate of homicides using guns--...19 per 100,000 in 2009-2010. Other cities with high murder rates include Memphis, with a rate of...9.4 in 2010; Birmingham, Ala., with a rate of...8.4 in 2009-2010 and Baltimore, with a murder rate of...7.7 in 2009-2010.

New York’s homicide rate was 2.8 per 100,000 in 2009-2010. The rate in Portland, Ore., was 1.4 per 100,000...

“There are any number of factors that contribute to suicide,” Mercy said. “But one factor that may be associated is the business cycle. Suicide rates have increased since 2006, and that’s associated with the recession and unemployment in the United States.”

But access to guns also plays a role, Mercy and his colleague Scott Kegler report in the CDC’s weekly report on death, illness and disease. “A factor likely affecting firearm homicide and suicide is access to firearms by persons at risk for harming themselves or others,” they wrote...

In May, CDC reported that suicide rates were rising among middle-aged Americans, as well.
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/suicide-rates-go-middle-aged-cdc-finds-6C9742532

Mercy said it’s important to look at guns specifically as they are used in the vast majority of murders and suicides. “Our role and goal is to get out the best information on these issues so that citizens and policymakers can be fully informed when they are talking about these critical public health problems,” he said.

From the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s, the CDC conducted original, peer-reviewed research into gun violence, including questions such as whether people who had guns in their homes gained protection from the weapons.

But in 1996, the Congress -- pressed hard by the National Rifle Association -- worked to block medical research on gun violence, saying it wasn’t a public health issue. An amendment to an appropriations bill cut $2.6 million from the CDC’s budget, exactly the amount the agency’s injury prevention center had previously spent on gun research.

After several highly publicized and traumatic mass shootings, including in Aurora, Colo., in July and Newtown, Conn., in December of last year, President Barack Obama issued 23 executive orders directing federal agencies to find out more about gun violence...

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/gun-suici ... snhp&pos=1

With easier access to guns now more than ever, is it really surprising? :roll:

The marketing machinery by the gun industry, gun lobby and the NRA is the lowest form of scum. On the one hand, they peddle their gun dope to one group of people putting fear into them that they need guns for protection, while at the same time, peddling the same gun dope to terrorists and criminals by showing them how quickly and efficiently they can kill large groups of people. The folks are buy guns for sport are stuck in the middle between the terrorists and criminals, and those who fear terrorists and criminals, but oddly sit back and say nothing to hold the industry, the lobby and the NRA accountable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:59 pm 

In todays gun wacko news...

At least three dead in shooting at Pennsylvania township meeting; wounded gunman in custody
Gunshots were reported at 7:20 p.m. ET at the regular monthly meeting of Ross Township supervisors in Monroe County, state police said at a news conference. Two people died at the scene, and a third died at a hospital, state police Capt. Edward Hoke said at a news conference.
The gunman approached the Municipal Building firing an unspecified long weapon into the windows, Hoke said. Fifteen to 18 members of the township's Supervisors Council and the public were present.

The gunman entered the building, still firing, before he briefly left and returned with a handgun, police said. He was tackled by two people and restrained until police arrived.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08 ... stody?lite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:45 am 

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. A gun is a tool. You can kill anyone with almost anything. Most gun crime is done using illegal weapons in the USA.
Canada has more guns than the USA but has a tiny amount of gun crime each year.
I think it is an American mindset.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 am 

According to this list, the USA has the #1 highest gun ownership rate per capita. Canada ranks #13.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_ ... by_country

Guns don't kill people, but bullets do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:26 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
According to this list, the USA has the #1 highest gun ownership rate per capita. Canada ranks #13.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_ ... by_country

Guns don't kill people, but bullets do.

Really? Hm, I need to check my sources. Oh well, suppose I don't have to worry about it in the U.K anyway. Just good ol' knife crime and being kicked in by gangs of youths.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 pm 

Gun safety is an oxymoron... :P

Instructor shoots student in gun-safety class

A firearms instructor accidentally shot a student while teaching a gun-safety class on Saturday in Fairfield County to people seeking permits to carry concealed weapons.

Terry J. Dunlap Sr., who runs a shooting range and training center at 6995 Coonpath Rd. near Lancaster, was demonstrating a handgun when he fired a .38-caliber bullet that ricocheted off a desk and into student Michael Piemonte’s right arm.

...“My wife was sitting just inches away from me,” he said. “It could have easily hit her.”

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... oting.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm 

http://www.rr.com/sports/articles/2013/ ... ored_teens

Police: Australian player killed by 'bored' teens

Is the problem guns or behavior ?

I think most sane people here know the correct answer. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 pm 

Just like the gun safety instructer in the article above, the 3-year old in this story had a long extensive history of behavioral problems... :roll:

3-year-old Michigan boy kills self with gun he finds in bedroom closet

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/20/us/michig ... l-shooting

...and this guy's behavioral issues...

Wash. student dies in accidental shooting
http://www.kgw.com/news/Wash-student-di ... 99101.html

...not to mention the behavioral problems this person had...

One Man Dead In Accidental Shooting in Missoula
http://www.kfbb.com/story/23168297/an-a ... e-man-dead

...and everybody knows how hunters are notoriously known to have behavioral issues...

Man killed in apparent accidental shooting while hunting
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/loca ... le-hunting

...and your next door neighbor has serious mental problems...

Dana Point Woman Accidentally Shot in Head by Neighbor Cleaning His Gun
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2 ... ead_da.php

...and we all know that those who attend gun shows have serious mental problems...

Accidental shooting happens at gun show
According to Lt. McCrary Means, two people were shot at the Lions Club Gun Show July 27 around 11 a.m.

http://www.thv11.com/news/article/27382 ... t-gun-show

Is the problem with guns or behavior ?

Most sane people can deduce what the correct answer is. Any other answer is just another excuse. :P

Oh wait, it's all the pants fault...never mind...

Gun in waistband leads to accidental shooting, charges
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 704898.php

Look on the bright side...at least we know of one numb nut gun nut who'll never breed more numb nut gun nuts because he shot off his own nuts...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:14 pm 

You need a doctor.

:cry:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:58 am 

Everybody in the food chain of the gun industry needs to be held accountable for the deaths caused by their products that are manufactured for the sole purpose of causing deaths. :P

http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUT ... NSTAT.html

In the U.S. for 2010, there were 31,513 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 19,308; Homicide 11,015; Accident 600. This makes firearms injuries one of the top ten causes of death in the U.S.
The number of non-fatal injuries is considerable--over 200,000 per year in the U.S. Many of these injuries require hospitalization and trauma care.
Child safety is an important issue. Accidental shooting deaths are most commonly associated with one or more children playing with a gun they found in the home. The person pulling the trigger is a friend, family member, or the victim.

Nearly a quarter of a million gun related deaths and injuries a year costs a lot of tax payer and insurance payer money per year, whether you own a gun or not. If I don't own a gun, why the fuck should I be forced to pay taxes and higher insurance premiums on account of and for the benefit of those who do? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:35 am 

You are grouping the world gun death rate there is not a million in the us, you are getting obsessive again settle down, I haven't heard you pick on the olympics yet. News flash the gun industry IS heald accountable when appropriate, you choose not to hype it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:27 am 

The points from study I posted above are specifically about regarding gun death and injury rates in the US annually, and that number is nearly a quarter of a million. The study does do comparisons between the US and other countries around the world. You either haven't read the article, misread my post or are being dishonest. I specifically posted the phrase "nearly a quarter of a million". The exact number of gun related deaths and injuries for 2010, what the study sights is 321,513.

Again...why the fuck should I, as a non-gun owner be forced to pay higher taxes and insurance rates on behalf of and for the benefit and/or the result of those who do own/misuse guns?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Again...why the fuck should I, as a non-gun owner be forced to pay higher taxes and insurance rates on behalf of and for the benefit and/or the result of those who do own/misuse guns?

Could it be the same reason why you pay highway/transportation taxes even if you don't own a car, train or airplane and you don't abuse any of them, never been in an accident, etcetera? :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 53  Next