Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:33 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
You're absolutely right. I did quote you out of context. My apologies. Let me fix it and make it right.

Here we go.....
Disco Boy wrote:
Are you fucking kidding me?! Shitheads like YOU are the problem, since you constantly flame me without backing up your ultra-moronic claims.

downer mydnyte wrote:
Is that what's bothering you? Oh, well...that's just a simple misunderstanding.....

I was not arguing against your repetitive and worn out old claims. I'm completely bored with all of that absurdity. I had started a whole new argument. Pages ago! You must have missed it. My premise is that you are delusional and psychotic. My evidence/proof is 80% of your posts on this forum.

Hope that clears it up.

Hope this clears it up.

It doesn't clear up anything...other than the fact that you keep changing the goal posts to suit your current "point."

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:37 pm 

You got some friends? Go play with 'em, please.... :roll:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:48 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
You got some friends? Go play with 'em, please.... :roll:

Hear that?

That's the sound of you guys FAILING to back your shit up...and FAILING HARD.

Better luck next time...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:32 am 

Meanwhile I'm hanging with great friends and loving life. :mrgreen:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:44 am 

Disco Boy wrote:

Hear that?

That's the sound of you guys FAILING to back your shit up...and FAILING HARD.

Better luck next time...

Nobody needs to back up their shit in this particular situation as DB has been doing a pretty good job of providing all the evidence (too much evidence, in fact, it's overwhelming) one would need to decide one way or another.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:06 am 

Maybe it would be better to stop quoting DB! Gad, wot a freakin' attention whore, it's better if he winds up in as many foe-lists as possible and nobody quotes any of his messages.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:08 am 

The 12 Steps of BB Anonymous

1. We admitted that what we had to say is unimportant -- that other peoples lives did not revolve around our postings.

Last edited by brainpang on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 am 

oops, mistake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:34 am 

History shows that disco boy puts lots of energy in gathering facts. A given fact can be a good starting point. People can investigate facts of their own free will.

Ronald Reagan once stated "Facts Are Stupid Things".
Lost souls like Ronald Reagan proved that a president can not only be clueless to the overall picture of what's going on but that loosely quoting a guidance proverb of presidents long ago can get a mystery disease kinda message to folks that don't want to investigate any further than the message from the president with the flag he's standing in front of.

Here's a toast of optimism, where Disco Boy may someday put together a listing of all the theatres and ticket sales when Roxy hits the cinema. Personally I'm still looking forward to Regal RPX.

Until then I rest well knowing that George Duke was of the opinion that Zappa Plays Zappa performs Zappa's music better than the Mother Of Invention did when he was in FZs band. Now that's a fact/opinion I've been grooving to since 2006.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
History shows that disco boy puts lots of energy in gathering facts.

Actually, quite a lot of people think his true talents lie elsewhere, but very few can be bothered to look for them.

Unless, of course, you consider phrases like
Quote:
Your diarrhoea-filled-ultra-moronic nonsense gets old fast.
to be facts...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:02 am 

I can't see his avatar. Still on ignore though. I wonder why he's back this time, testing the waters here again. No good can come from it. Jumbo Go Away ...and take Trendy with you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:20 am 

Trendy baby, welcome back! Spew till you're blue. Walk the water, dude.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:09 am 

When Trendy comes in and talks you up, you know you've hit an all time low. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:11 pm 

I once thought that Trendy was perhaps an "Idiot Savant" but when I really thought about it I came to the conclusion that he's just a plain 'ole idiot!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:22 pm 

George Duke RIP, one the finest FZ alumnae. We are slipping away from the topic R _ O _ X _ Y

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:08 pm 

tweezers wrote:
George Duke RIP, one the finest FZ alumnae. We are slipping away from the topic R _ O _ X _ Y

I don't have much to say about how Disco Boys facts may or may not have derailed some folks around here. I certainly don't let it cobweb my daily lifestyle, nor do I let it cobweb the topic at hand. For me it's hard to imagine getting derailed when Roxy is on the horizon. Speaking of trains, I am so optimistic that I feel better than Uncle Joe having a threesome with Billie Joe, Bobby Joe & Betty Joe on the Cannonball. All this gibberish about DiscoBoy Facts, I have little energy to agree or disagree with all of Disco Boys facts, but Ronald Reagan history lessons should be enough for folks with half a brain to just wake up and do investigation at their own free will.

So here we are all these years later. I have always awaited patiently, and but also, I always knew and held testament that ZPZ has been giving some of the finest performances in the history of live Zappa music. At times ZPZs live performances and recordings have sounded better than FZs touring bands. It's quite clear that George Duke shared that same opinion with me.

There is just too much to be happy about to even consider getting derailed.
ZPZs ROXY AND ELSEWHERE 40th ANNIVERSARY TOUR, ROXY BY PROXY, The ROXY Film in Theatres.........

Goodnight Edgar Buchanan Wherever You Are.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:41 pm 

ZPZ does sound great. I always look forward to seeing them, but it's a bit fallacious to say their live performances sound better than FZ's touring bands. I haven't seen anywhere that George Duke had ever shared that opinion. That's a very Disco Douche-ish claim to make.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:31 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
At times ZPZs live performances and recordings have sounded better than FZs touring bands. It's quite clear that George Duke shared that same opinion with me.

GD had stated in his opinion that DZpZ, at that moment, were as good as any of Franks touring bands was. That was long before you chimed in, claimed GD's statement as your own idea, and but also, then made it appear that GD happens to agree with your new comparison/opinion. How pompous can one get? :roll:

It's a Trendyish thing, not like DB at all. imho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:55 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
I rest well knowing that George Duke was of the opinion that Zappa Plays Zappa performs Zappa's music better than the Mother Of Invention did when he was in FZs band.

George Duke was being nice, for fucks sake! That was a public quote. The songs he played with Zappa were new and fresh and no one could ever play them better. He played the music with the music's creator when it was new and evolving. Most songs didn't usually hang around too long unless they were huge crowd favorites. Anyone playing the same stuff 30 years later (and being a snob about it) is a goddamn worthless shadow of what was once original and mysterious. ZPZ has killed some of the mystery of Frank Zappa's music. How many ROXY cd's have sold? 5,000? Kids think Frank Zappa is some technical, boring, geek and that's because they hear Dweezil before they ever hear Frank. After Dweezil they don't bother listening to Frank. They want passion and emotion not robotic, mechanical imitations. This music has been rubbed into the ground by it's inheritor. How many tours old?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:50 pm 

I saw FZ first in Princeton 4/73 with JLP and Ian where he tested out Montana and the YS suite, as I remember. No way ZPZ could hold a candle to the inventiveness of that show. Maybe the '84 tour, but Philly '88 was almost as inventive.

Playing FZ music at a high level, ZPZ gets big props from me.

Inventing a new art form and doing the high-wire act (and sometimes failing) every night on stage, FZ couldn't be beat :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:17 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Meanwhile I'm hanging with great friends and loving life. :mrgreen:

But you're still FAILING... :P

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
Maybe it would be better to stop quoting DB! Gad, wot a freakin' attention whore, it's better if he winds up in as many foe-lists as possible and nobody quotes any of his messages.

Another forumer who doesn't get it.

Trendmonger wrote:

Thanks.

But I still think you're nuts. Sorry...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:48 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:16 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Until then I rest well knowing that George Duke was of the opinion that Zappa Plays Zappa performs Zappa's music better than the Mother Of Invention did when he was in FZs band. Now that's a fact/opinion I've been grooving to since 2006.

Bad opinion of a great man, and probably a weak groove of a small man.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:19 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Thanks.

But I still think you're nuts. Sorry...

It Takes One To Know One.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:07 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
At times ZPZs live performances and recordings have sounded better than FZs touring bands. It's quite clear that George Duke shared that same opinion with me.

GD had stated in his opinion that DZpZ, at that moment, were as good as any of Franks touring bands was. That was long before you chimed in, claimed GD's statement as your own idea, and but also, then made it appear that GD happens to agree with your new comparison/opinion. How pompous can one get? :roll:

It's a Trendyish thing, not like DB at all. imho

Folks can take a long hard look at what George Duke stated about Dweezil Zappa and the core Zappa Plays Zappa Band.
There is no need to overtly think George's opinion is based solely on the band with his guest appearance.
It's more-so about Dweezil as a guitarist and Zappa Plays Zappa's performance standard. I'm not taking anything away from George's remarkable guest appearance with Zappa Plays Zappa. There are many times when Dweezil & Zappa Plays Zappa reach the mountaintop of live Zappa performance standards. George is directly commenting on the band and Dweezil Zappa. He made the comparison to his tenure with FZs bands, many of those bands are fans all-time favorati. For George to feel Zappa Plays Zappa played better than the bands he was in with Frank Zappa is remarkable. I hope it opens more minds, to the concept that any given composers music, or a portion thereof, can be performed at a higher ambient domain than a given composer had an opportunity to do. Even it is the context of the quotient of songs/arrangements he heard ZPZ play, it's clear George thought ZPZ played the music better than the performances he did with Frank's bands.

George's commentary can be seen and heard on Dweezil's YOUTUBE page. Zappa Plays Zappa 2010 - Uncle Remus - George Duke Memorial video.

Here is a transcript of some of George Duke's commentary.

" I was totally blown away by what that band did. Tottaly blown away by Dweezil, who has become an incredible guitarist now. I mean the first time I heard him play, I thought he was OK.Techincally he was OK, he played all..., but he's turned... he's turned that around, he's another level of guitarist now. Because they played the music incredibly well. Better Than I Think We Played It!" - George Duke

Zappa Plays Zappa 2010 - Uncle Remus - George Duke Memorial
http://youtu.be/XIE57gCyKTM -

If there should be any need for clarification, where I have long held testament, since ZPZ began touring, I made it clear that ZPZ at times was sounding better than Frank's bands. Not that I ever had a mass of the fanbase that agreed with me, but to hear George Duke agree with me lets me know that one of the chariots of the gods of music held a similar opinion where ZPZ play the music better than FZs band(George's context was The Mothers with George Duke, many fans favorarti)

From my perspective, there is no need to do a comparison to each of FZs bands performances. There was only one Frank Zappa American Composer, he chiselled the mountain. Each and every of FZs touring bands did what they did. I enjoy each project FZ got involved with. No need to compare each and every Zappa Plays Zappa performance, because such is just not possible. What can be done is to get an overall picture of live performance, realise that at times another ensemble, with a portion of compositions, can indeed reach a higher ambient domain. It's clear that ZPZ has given the due diligence in learning over 250 songs, performing them as best as they can be performed, with various ZPZ time-stamp touring line-ups, where many times, from my ears they sound better than any of FZs live touring ensembles.

I've been stating this for a very, very long time. This is no new pompous attitude because George Duke made a statement. I have held testament long before ZPZ hit the 100 song/arrangement mark, never mind where they are now over 250. It's not that every moment of every ZPZ show sounds better than every moment of FZs touring evolution but to my ears it's clear that many times ZPZ sounds better. As ZPZ has evolved the amount of times they've reached nirvana is a large number. I feel fortunate to have witnessed many of FZs bands and now ZPZ has taken a large portion of the composers music to Mount Everest.

Not every one needs to feel this way. It's clear that some do not even like what ZPZ is doing. I don't think it is ZPZs goal to be better than FZs bands, it is just that DPZ has sounded better than many of the masters live shows and recordings. The point is to play the compositions as good as they can with a given touring line-up. If Dweezil had a budget to tour with a similar ensemble configuration as that of the 1988 band or get involved with orchestras that would be great. He overachieves, with his budget he's getting the most out of who is in ZPZ. I like all of FZs bands, even the small ensembles, they each try their best to achieve the composers intent but many bands had limitations of the human nature and budgets more so than the composer being out of focus .

Dweezil has shown time and time again, that no matter what the project is that he gets involved with, it is done on a very high level. He always sets goals with the best possible achievement of the composer's intent. Dweezil's learning curve does take a bit longer than he or most would hope for, but he sets the mark and over achieves. If Dweezil had learned to read music at an early age the time it takes for him to learn new material would take far less time. He is also a family man, what a blessing that he loves and makes time for his family. I think it's unfortunate that the current economic climate does not allow Dweezil to tour with large scaled road ensembles like the 88' band or large scaled works that have yet to get their live premier. Be it FZ or DZ orchestral works budgets have got in the way. After the ROXY AND ELSEWHERE 40th ANNIVERSARY TOUR, I am hopefull that at some point Hutchentoot or a Masterwork such as Joe's Garage(on Broadway).

While I'm looking forward ZPZs ROXY AND ELSEWHERE 40th ANNIVERSARY TOUR, ROXY BY PROXY & The ROXY Film in Theatres, there's so very much to be optimistic about. Lots more is cooking in the kitchen to even contemplate the C. & F.W. Railroad getting derailed. All at the Shady Rest are doing fine. As I said I am quite at peace that some folks just do not think ZPZ has given any or many of the finest performances in the history of the composers music. For me, my days seeing FZ & ZPZ live, these are collectively the finest moments in the history of live music.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:48 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next