Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 40 Years Ago Today...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:09 am 

Not that I mind your carving style. As many for some time have been hoping for more material from this dateline, something of a higher ambient domain than the Piquantique bootleg, and but also, more studio and concert nuggets that lead up to Roxy. I would hope today could be a day for a Road Tapes of this show, but as time goes on, it becomes less apparent for some of the fanbase to rehearse their desires for the Stockholm performance. Yes most of us want a major project from this release. How many times and ways can some ask? The so called carving style of the fan-base is well rehearsed. Just as sure as some of the material has made it into various projects I have to wonder if it can be taken any further. Not saying what can be done either way, but I just have to wonder.

Since you were so nice to make note of this 4Tieth, I would expect a number of fans are pondering if a live Road Tapes, and but also a Videoof the full show. One thing for sure, some fans have put this one up there with their desires for Roxy. I have confidence that the fans are listened to. I am of the utmost confidence that the ZFT distinctively know what we want. On the other hand I wonder if some just don't realise that the muti-dimensional aspect of getting a project done up to the composers intent is just not as feasible as our desires.

For example; while there is some extensive video footage of this performance I have to question if the guerilla aspect of some of the old videos limit such releases from making it to Full Concert DVD. It's very nice to see some of that footage in documentaries, but I just continue to wonder if we will ever get the entire show as a video. Maybe it's possible with this one, but some of the old videos just may be best for documentaries. For those videos in the vault that are guerilla, I just have to wonder how guerilla an official video of a full show can get.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:32 am 

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREAD YOU MENTAL MIDGET!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:46 am 

jaypfunk wrote:

I'll reply where I feel like it. And I'll discuss the topic with educated diplomacy.

For all the knowledge you have, your arrogant mop continues to smear this and many a subject at hand. A topic of interest surfaces on this domain, certainly Stockholm is a well rehearsed fanatical-desire for a very long time, yet your school-yard nonsense is what prevails.

In the wake of the passing of George Duke, I would hope a most sincere aura would prevail at this domain. Unfortunately you continue to lack the skills of diplomacy. By this point of time I would hope you would adhere to such. As when we had met, by your won words, your conduct here is a by-product of your own design. Grow up.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:54 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

I'll reply where I feel like it. And I'll discuss the topic with educated diplomacy.

For all the knowledge you have, your arrogant mop continues to smear this and many a subject at hand. A topic of interest surfaces on this domain, certainly Stockholm is a well rehearsed fanatical-desire for a very long time, yet your school-yard nonsense is what prevails.

In the wake of the passing of George Duke, I would hope a most sincere aura would prevail at this domain. Unfortunately you continue to lack the skills of diplomacy. By this point of time I would hope you would adhere to such. As when we had met, by your won words, your conduct here is a by-product of your own design. Grow up.

This statement is absolutely fucking hilarious coming from the KING THREAD KILLER himself. Jesus Christ.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:06 am 

All I did was start a thread in praise of a concert, one that we are fortunate enough to have documented in great quality video I might add, that is celebrating it's 40th today and then you come in and go off on one of your dufus fucking tangents about anything BUT the subject at hand.

STFU already man!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:09 am 

If you want to discuss the 40 Years Ago Today...topic at hand I'd gladly do so, but you have repeatedly shown you are more about smearing the forum with school yard games than discussing a topic of Frank Zappa's body of work. By your own words when we had met you told me this forum is more of a place for you to play your school yard games than have an educated discussion on Frank Zappa.....

If some do not like the word-smith angle of my writings they can move on, Certainly I have nothing bad to say about the topic at hand, I as many are well rehearsed of the fanatical desires for a more inclusive Stoickholm project but for you this place is more about school yard agendas than acting with diplomacy on any subject matter. .... Especially giving consideration to the aura of George Duke. I have no desire to play your childish games. I just want the positive of whatever happened 40 years ago today to prevail. Goodnight....

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
If you want to discuss the 40 Years Ago Today...topic at hand I'd gladly do so, but you have repeatedly shown you are more about smearing the forum with school yard games than discussing a topic of Frank Zappa's body of work. By your own words when we had met you told me this forum is more of a place for you to play your school yard games than have an educated discussion on Frank Zappa.....

If some do not like
the word-smith angle of my writings they can move on, Certainly I have nothing bad to say about the topic at hand, I as many are well rehearsed of the desires for this but for most this place is more about school yard agendas than acting with diplomacy. .... Especially giving consideration to the aura of George Duke. I have no desire to play your childish games. I just want the positive of whatever happened 40 years ago today prevail. Goodnight....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:02 am 

I'll leave you this food for thought.

Not that I feel the need to laugh at you but I will state it's time for you to think long and hard about your school yard agenda. I would hope you are a bit more educated than sticking to your school yard agenda guns but time and time you just keep on with that agenda.

I know that plenty of people that have been laughing at you for a very long time. There's no need for a gif on that one. I'm not laughing along with them. Unfortunately this is just part of life, and it happens far too frequently . I for one am not laughing at you. I do laugh at situations and masses of questionable behaviour, such as those that think reality TV is real, a similar comparison would be those that thought that the World Wide Wrestling Federation was or is a real sport if it's till around, but I don't laugh at people in a condescending way, no matter how much I think the masses of RealityTV viewers are simple minded entertainment puppets. So called RealityTV is the modern Fahrenheit 451 on steroids. If that is all many care to be entertained by, so be it.

It's a sad state of modern society and the internet bully behaviour has escalated to the level it's at. There is a difference with laughing and continually acting in the manner of a bully. Simply put you get bundled with a simple minded school yard internet bully agenda. Myself being an educated adult I hold little to no value of your attitude. Your games are games and that is what your persona is about. I think you have so much to offer but you simply lack the discipline of diplomacy.

More times than not the nature of a bully is because he does not have the intellect. With your knowledge, you should be able to be diplomatic. It's clearly your choice to act like a bully. It's clear to me by your own words that you want to act like a bully because you think it is fun. Clearly in real life you are little different than just acting like a word bully. The small mindedness of your signature in itself is ridiculous but simply put if you or anyone wants to laugh at my use of words so be it. The millions of UnReality TV Kim Kardashian and Jersey Housewive minds of today's society prove how small minded some people are. In comparison, I often wonder if many a Zappa fan are not far off from that modern day space cadet mindset.

I can remember one time when Frank was being interviewed for TV. Not naming names but a so called highly professional TV News person could be seen on camera laughing at Frank Zappa. She had over a decade as a top news persona. I don't know, maybe she looked like the Vanessa Williams of her times as TV News person. Here laugh was overtly condescending in nature towards who FZ was, not something comical that FZ said in an interview that just finished airing on the station she worked for. She was not the interviewer. The interview was out in L.A. When the interview was over it went back to the local station here in NYC. Her condescending laugh was way out of line. She thought her TV personality was the real deal, with her audience of millions, day after day, but it was the kind of laugh that in today's world, that no matter what the her race or religion, could get her fired.

I never felt the need to overtly put up a front for who I am and who I associate with. I can spend months upon months not getting involved at this forum, yet when I return I see the long history of school yard bully agendas have nothing specifically do do with my involvement. .....

Seriously folks, let George Duke be with your spirit...

Let The Aura Of Good Will Prevail.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:19 am 

Quote:
...KING THREAD KILLER himself.

Sycophantasaurus* Rex!

*as opposed to fana-skepta-saurus*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
I'll leave you...

When?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:49 am 

use the term school yard agenda more

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:08 am 

jaypfunk wrote:

A great concert it is anyway indeed. And certainly makes me wish I was born 40 years earlier, because the whole European tour in Aug-Sep '73 was fantastic. Would like a proper Road Tapes kind of an album of that.

Did anyone know that FZ did not only place Barcus Berry pickups for Ruth's percussion (and of course the horn sectoon), but also for Ralph Humphrey's drums? Sounds like that probably gives the distinctive timbre to Ralph's drums. An electrified drum kit about maybe 4-5 years before Chris Cutler (of Henry Cow) had the idea to add contact mikes or whatever to his drums.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:16 am 

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
certainly makes me wish I was born 40 years earlier, because the whole European tour in Aug-Sep '73 was fantastic.

Are you sure about this Ed? I mean, that would make you rather old now and possibly not in the position to completely enjoy the film in all its glory today...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Not that I mind your carving style. As many for some time have been hoping for more material from this dateline, something of a higher ambient domain than the Piquantique bootleg, and but also, more studio and concert nuggets that lead up to Roxy. I would hope today could be a day for a Road Tapes of this show, but as time goes on, it becomes less apparent for some of the fanbase to rehearse their desires for the Stockholm performance. Yes most of us want a major project from this release. How many times and ways can some ask? The so called carving style of the fan-base is well rehearsed. Just as sure as some of the material has made it into various projects I have to wonder if it can be taken any further. Not saying what can be done either way, but I just have to wonder.

Since you were so nice to make note of this 4Tieth, I would expect a number of fans are pondering if a live Road Tapes, and but also a Videoof the full show. One thing for sure, some fans have put this one up there with their desires for Roxy. I have confidence that the fans are listened to. I am of the utmost confidence that the ZFT distinctively know what we want. On the other hand I wonder if some just don't realise that the muti-dimensional aspect of getting a project done up to the composers intent is just not as feasible as our desires.

For example; while there is some extensive video footage of this performance I have to question if the guerilla aspect of some of the old videos limit such releases from making it to Full Concert DVD. It's very nice to see some of that footage in documentaries, but I just continue to wonder if we will ever get the entire show as a video. Maybe it's possible with this one, but some of the old videos just may be best for documentaries. For those videos in the vault that are guerilla, I just have to wonder how guerilla an official video of a full show can get.

That is a lot of typing to say absolutely nothing of value.
It must hurt to be in your own head sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 am 

jaypfunk wrote:

Makes a great drinking game. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:17 am 

BillyDaMt wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

i'd rather play Russian Roulette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:16 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

i'd rather play Russian Roulette

to get away from Gary's keyboard diarrhea who could blame you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
All I did was start a thread in praise of a concert, one that we are fortunate enough to have documented in great quality video I might add, that is celebrating it's 40th today and then you come in and go off on one of your.. tangents about anything BUT the subject at hand.

STFU already man!!

Considering how much we have learned about the Roxy film reels, questioning the entire footage is a no brainier.

A guy like you should have the perfect carving style for these questions. Maybe you have the answers or maybe today is but another day where questions, questions, questions are what the fanatical side of things are about. Personally I tend to just let the projects develop on their own timetable, but being you brought this topic and picture carving to the dinner table, why not serve up your wisdom about the legality of releasing the whole show and condition of the entire video . Then again if there are no definitive fanatical responses, my way of just understanding, that feasibility is often more of a question of artistic intent than that of a resolution to a fanatical need, that feasibility weight scale works just fine for me.

Where you state "we are fortunate enough to have documented in great quality video"

If for a moment you can N"Lighten me with your wisdom. I would like to know more about the state of the video. While I have seen some video footage from the concert, in all honesty I am not rehearsed in legal and preservation status the entire video. While I have seen clips in documentaries and browsed some youtube postings, history tells me that there is more investigation in getting an entire concert onto DVD than what fans may think are an easy thing to do.

We all know the vault contains many videos, so many, row upon row of a rack of evidence, these may or may not be entire concerts, if too guerilla they may never be used for full shows. One of my points is that sometimes things are far more guerilla than some may like to think or hope for. Surely some of the footage I have seen from the show fits well in a documentary, I am just questioning, from legal and preservation angles, if the entire concert from this show is feasible.

1) Who own the rights to the video.
2) Who has possession of the original recordings.
3) Are there any performance gaps in the video.
4) Are there any or many drop-outs or anomalies.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:38 pm 

The entire show has been available for years. The most recent version of superior quality made available to FANS is from a combo of sources, a recent re-broadcast and from the pre-broadcast masters.

NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREAD, SHITDICK!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:42 pm 

type "carving style" again, retard!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:56 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
The entire show has been available for years. The most recent version of superior quality made available to FANS is from a combo of sources, a recent re-broadcast and from the pre-broadcast masters.

NOW GET OUT OF MY THREAD, SHITDICK!!

You seem to extend false information. You own absolutely nothing at this domain. That falsehood you are putting out here, your thread?????. Give it a rest. It is not your thread. Ownership of everything here has nothing to do with the forum member. That ideology within itself begs me to even wonder more about what you think is some amazing video quality. Sure I've seen some video that looks good, but I am interested in High Fidelity Audio with Top Notch Video to go along with it. There is far too much medicrity being sold with else-persons that get their hands on Zappa footage.

One falsehood you project is that being that you think you own this thread. You own absolutely nothing at this domain. This seems to be the normal trend where someone thinks they own a topic they started. As I stated, you slicing a picture from concert footage that is merely rehashing the old interest in this concert. This topic has nothing to do with ownership at the Zappa domain.

I don't think you answered anything about who owns the source masters or clarified anything about variety of sources. I'll certainly entertain the possibility that it is even remotely acceptable but there are some extremely questionable releases in the marketplace. I would not buy anything that was even remotely questionable. I've seen some videos on Netflix or youtube that I would never buy. I do not support bootleggers, so I would not only want to see some legal representation, and but also a whole lot of questions about source video.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:58 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREAD, SHITDICK!!

I don't think you answered anything about who owns the source masters or clarified anything about variety of sources. I'll certainly entertain the possibility that it is even remotely acceptable but there are some extremely questionable releases in the marketplace. I do not support bootleggers, so I would not only want to see some legal representation, and but also a whole lot of questions about source video.

The versions out there are NOT bootlegs you fucking idiot. They were broadcast on European TV and SHARED among fans.

Who the fuck are you anyway? Columbo? Go fuck yerself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:01 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
For those videos in the vault that are guerilla, I just have to wonder how guerilla an official video of a full show can get.

There was a gorilla in A Token of His Extreme and the quality on that's pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:38 pm 

Trendy, thanks for the Rage & The Fury download. It sounds great!