Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 379  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:30 pm 

What's good for the goose is not always for the gander?

CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... assed_iran

Last edited by duchamp on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:57 pm 

US 'ready' to launch Syria strike

Here we go again... but it is not Iraq on the other end...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:50 pm 

Caputh wrote:
I'm not sure about a lot of the above, not because I don't think it's plausible but because it would represent a level of "wicked" efficiency on the part of administrations past and present that I think they just don't have. That is not to say it isn't possible.

However, I do agree that Bin Laden's role and importance has been and still is being exaggerated. His major participation would have seemed to be financial and not on the planning side. In fact, the whole point about Al Qaeda would seem to be that it isn't an "organization" in the strict sense of the word at all. Whether he died years ago or whether he was shot is only important on a symbolic level. Mind you, that can be pretty important.

Bin Laden was a figure head, a poster boy...he brought the faithful in, regardless of planning and money the success rate of many of their activities were directly related to his “leadership”. As to him being dead in 2002 that is highly unlikely due to what we have learned about him hiding in plain site in Pakistan and lets not forget his communications which referenced current events.

As for Iraq the best theory for US activity there was a front to get in the country and to further archeological digs that German Archeologist started that were uncovering virtually untouched sites of the Sumerians that held keys to advanced ancient alien technologies.

The US government had been trying to get at those sites since the Gulf War, they signaled to Saddam that he could invade Kuwait so they could invade Iraq, but when the coalition would not agree to an invasion of the area around Baghdad, the opportunity was lost.

Until the Government allowed the 911 attacks to proceed in order to connect Saddam to allow the US to once again invade Iraq. Every major Sumerian site had a military base on it. They even raided the museum and made it look like it was a mob.

The only reason the US got out is they found what they were looking for... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:43 am 

Plook wrote:
As for Iraq the best theory for US activity there was a front to get in the country and to further archeological digs that German Archeologist started that were uncovering virtually untouched sites of the Sumerians that held keys to advanced ancient alien technologies.

The US government had been trying to get at those sites since the Gulf War, they signaled to Saddam that he could invade Kuwait so they could invade Iraq, but when the coalition would not agree to an invasion of the area around Baghdad, the opportunity was lost.

Until the Government allowed the 911 attacks to proceed in order to connect Saddam to allow the US to once again invade Iraq. Every major Sumerian site had a military base on it. They even raided the museum and made it look like it was a mob.

The only reason the US got out is they found what they were looking for... :smoke:

Okay, I'll bite. WHY do you believe this? I'm sure you realize it all sounds rather Klooky.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:16 am 

brainpang wrote:
Plook wrote:

Okay, I'll bite. WHY do you believe this? I'm sure you realize it all sounds rather Klooky.

If I told you...you would have to start wearing tin foil on your head...take it on faith, its right... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:48 am 

"Faith is believing in something you know ain't so." - Mark Twain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:49 pm 

A rope leash wrote:

You can trust me on this one...I did the leg work... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:06 pm 

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/08/28/harvard-gun-study-concludes-gun-bans-dont-reduce-the-murder-rate/ Even liberal Harvard explains the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:24 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Not so sure about this. Different countries, different peoples. Russia is full of angry, bitter citizens and have a massive alcoholism problem...plus all their good looking wimmen flee to the USA to work in titty bars, makes the men insane. Norway is awash in oil wealth, etc etc.

I also found this:

"It is important to note here that Profs. Kates and Mauser are not pro-gun zealots. In fact, they go out of their way to stress that their study neither proves that gun control causes higher murder rates nor that increased gun ownership necessarily leads to lower murder rates."

http://theacru.org/acru/harvard_study_g ... roductive/

Thanks for posting the study, lots of food for thought there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:48 am 

Plook wrote:
A rope leash wrote:

I had no idea you had been to Iraq. That's pretty cool. What was it like?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 am 

Plook wrote:

How about showing us some facts and compelling evidence?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:50 am 

Researchers in Sweden have confirmed a short-lived but super-heavy element dubbed ununpentium as its unofficial name.

Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:11 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
Plook wrote:

I will tell you what I will do, I will have some time in the next week (since my 5 weeks on the road are done) and I will wirte out what happened and you all can decide for your selves... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:05 pm 

Plook wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
Plook wrote:

I will tell you what I will do, I will have some time in the next week (since my 5 weeks on the road are done) and I will wirte out what happened and you all can decide for your selves...

Wirte,squirt or twerk, ya do what ya gotta do Plook. :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:18 pm 

Please don't twerk. The skank was bad enough.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:06 pm 

Plook wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:
Plook wrote:

I will tell you what I will do, I will have some time in the next week (since my 5 weeks on the road are done) and I will wirte out what happened and you all can decide for your selves... :smoke:

???????????????????????????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:35 pm 

NASA Funds Mother of All 3D Printers to Build Equipment in Space

Way cooler than mass-producing plastic iPhone cases.

By Molly Mulshine 8/29 4:58pm

In news that may not make sense to people who are not rocket scientists, NASA has recently awarded Tethers Unlimited $500,000 to develop a robotic 3D printer that would build huge structures while in orbit, Gigaom reports.

The SpiderFab printer and assembly system would be able to throw together structures more than half a mile wide, Gigaom says. NASA would densely pack materials into existing spacecraft so that the SpiderFab could assemble it into “extremely large structures that are optimized for the space environment,” Tethers Unlimited CEO Rob Hoyt is quoted as saying.

This will enable NASA to create equipment far larger than what they can build on earth, he adds, “providing higher power, higher bandwidth, higher resolution, and higher sensitivity for a wide range of space missions.”

This 3D printer to end all 3D printers will be able to create antennae and telescopes huge enough to search for planets way farther away than what we can currently detect. As an added bonus, we’ll be able to start using the pickup line, “Are you a space robot? Because I heard your antenna is out of this world.”

Earl Grey, hot...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:14 am 

From Thom Hartmann's blog:

IRS being sued for ignoring tax-exempt churches' political activities

The IRS is facing a lawsuit over its failure to enforce the church electioneering ban that's been in place since 1954. The Internal Revenue Code prohibits tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations - including churches - from intervening or participating in political campaigns on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate.
But, many churches are ignoring that law. In an annual event called "Pulpit Freedom Sunday," pastors from more than 1,000 churches have challenged the regulation by preaching about political topics. The group did this leading up to the 2012 election as well - with many pastors flat out endorsing Mitt Romney for President in their daily sermons.
The Freedom From Religion Foundation is suing the IRS for its "policy of non-enforcement of the electioneering restrictions" when it comes to churches and religious organizations. So - isn't this the real IRS scandal? Should churches and pastors be allowed to openly preach politics? According to IRS regulations - "501(c)(4) [organizations] provide for exemption from federal income tax of civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare." Somehow, the word "exclusively" is being left out of enforcement, and the Freedom From Religion Foundation says that must change.
-Thom

Tax the Churches!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:48 am 

New plastic becomes stronger when stressed, drop-proof smartphones incoming

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/165457-new-plastic-becomes-stronger-when-stressed-drop-proof-smartphones-incoming

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:45 am 

That old tv show Crossfire is coming back. CNN just showed a few seconds of FZ telling that bespeckled twit off.

Once upon a time, musta been 'round October, few years back

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:52 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
That old tv show Crossfire is coming back. CNN just showed a few seconds of FZ telling that bespeckled twit off.

I got a Yahoo alert today about FZ being on that show. There's a short clip on CNN's web page with FZ on crossfire from the censorship '80's labeling mash-up daze. That bespeckled twits on it too. The twit seems to have a thing for incest. "You need to get out more" - FZ.
If there was ever a picture of a twit, it would be this guy sittin' there. :roll: imo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:11 am 

My dad watched that, and I asked him what he thought.
"Weird guy," he said.
"Which one?" I asked.
"The one with the glasses."
:)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:25 am 

I coulda sworn that guy died but it seems not?

huh, here he is interviewing (grilling) Allen Ginsberg. Lofton reminds me of someone here on this very forum: I can't get beyond what I pasted below.

http://aniceplace.wordpress.com/2008/11 ... hn-lofton/

WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE

JOHN LOFTON: In the first section of your poem “Howl” you wrote: “I saw the best young minds of my generation destroyed by madness.” Did this also apply to you?

ALLEN GINSBERG: That’s not an accurate quotation. I said the “best minds,” not “the best young minds.” This is what is called hyperbole, an exaggerated statement, sort of a romantic statement. I suppose it could apply to me too, or anybody. People who survived and became prosperous in a basically aggressive, warlike society are in a sense destroyed by madness. Those who freaked out and couldn’t make it, or were traumatized, or artists who starved, or whatnot, they couldn’t make it either. It kinda cuts both ways. There’s an element of humor there.

LOFTON: When you say you suppose this could have applied to you, does this mean you don’t know if you are mad?

GINSBERG: Well, who does? I mean everybody is a little mad.

LOFTON: But I’m asking you.

GINSBERG: You are perhaps taking this a little too literally. There are several kinds of madness: divine madness—

LOFTON: But I’m talking about this in the sense you spoke of in your 1949 poem “Bop Lyrics,” when you wrote: “I’m so lucky to be nutty.”

GINSBERG: You’re misinterpreting the way I’m using the word.

LOFTON: No. I’m asking you a question. I’m not interpreting anything.

GINSBERG: I’m afraid that your linguistic presupposition is that “nutty” as you define it means insanity rather than inspiration. You are interpreting, though you say you aren’t, by choosing one definition and excluding another. So I think you’ll have to admit you are interpreting.

LOFTON: Actually, I don’t admit that.

GINSBERG: You don’t want to admit nuttin’! But you want me to admit something. Come on. Come off it. Don’t be a prig.

LOFTON: I’m just trying to understand what you meant by what you wrote. But this question of madness.

GINSBERG: There’s also another background. In Zen Buddhism there is wild wisdom, or crazy wisdom, crazy in the sense of wild, unlimited, unbounded. Or as in jazz, when someone plays a beautiful riff or extemporizes, they say, “Crazy, man,”

LOFTON: But I am interested in this question of your possible madness. It’s not a gratuitous question. There is a history of madness in your family.

GINSBERG: Very much so.

LOFTON: Your mom died in 1956 in a mental institution. Before that. in 1949, when you were twenty-three. you spent eight months in the Columbia Psychiatric Institute. What was this psychiatric disability and why did you spend just eight months in this institute?

GINSBERG: Well, I had a sort of visionary experience in which I heard William Blake’s voice. It was probably an auditory hallucination, but it was a very rich experience.

LOFTON: This happened while you were masturbating, right?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:27 pm 

What I found particularly unattractive about Lofton in that interview on "Crossfire" was his tendency to oscillate between being chummy towards Zappa ("Now, Frank!" - like they knew each other) and pathetically arrogant ("Mr. Zappa!")

What a man,
what a reporter,
what a dork...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:00 pm 

Caputh wrote:
What I found particularly unattractive about Lofton in that interview on "Crossfire" was his tendency to oscillate between being chummy towards Zappa ("Now, Frank!" - like they knew each other) and pathetically arrogant ("Mr. Zappa!")

What a man,
what a reporter,
what a dork...

His body language sez a lot too. He almost is completely sideways confronting the monster that's Frank. Frank looks like he's really tired of this kind of attacking debate. He should be, it's not a debate at all. Just Lofton putting down everything FZ sez or turning his meaning around to fit his weazely theories about music lyrics. Lofton just can't get over what he thinks Frank stands for and is scared by it. "It" being freedom of expression, liberals, etcetera.

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 379  Next