Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Points? Is someone keeping a list of points that people make from time to time?
Like later, we're going to go see Charles Lloyd and Bill Frisell for free in Grant Park. Miss Kitty asked if we should check the weather, so I said "you got a point there". I don't think she marked it down for future reference, but maybe she should have.

My ex kept points but then again, maybe that's why she's my ex. :mrgreen:
Enjoy the show tonight - I'm playing @ Blue Chip way out east...

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:53 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Points? Is someone keeping a list of points that people make from time to time?
Like later, we're going to go see Charles Lloyd and Bill Frisell for free in Grant Park. Miss Kitty asked if we should check the weather, so I said "you got a point there". I don't think she marked it down for future reference, but maybe she should have.

Agreed we need someone to designate as score keeper, Caputh has somewhat assumed this role already by giving a list of what names different individials have been called by a certian bully, it would not be a far strech for him to add points also.

Do you get my point... :mrgreen:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:57 am 

Plook wrote:
Agreed we need someone to designate as score keeper, Caputh has somewhat assumed this role already by giving a list of what names different individials have been called by a certian bully, it would not be a far strech for him to add points also.
Do you get my point... :mrgreen:
:smoke:

Now this point I get! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:38 am 

Water don't pool on a pointed head.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:10 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Yup, a dictator that forces people to have a good time and be nice...

I sentence you to hang by the neck, until you cheer up!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

When the rain falls it don't fall on one man's house.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 pm 

just plain doug wrote:

Gives new meaning to chin up :wink:

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:35 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

When the rain falls it don't fall on one man's house.

I wish I had One Man's house, I'd be high and maybe even dry! :lol: I'd miss those rainy daze though, cuddling by the fire with one of my deepist desires. Bwahahah!
PenguinInBondage wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

Gives new meaning to chin up :wink:

...and keeping a stiff upper lip is useless at a neck tie party. (I watch to many westerns) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 am 

In the immortal words of Derek and Clive...
"So, he, err, he took my point.
And, er, led me by the point to the police station.
Put it on the table.
They finger-printed it, of course, all their hands all over my knob for about four hours."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:26 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I liked DB's posting the set lists from the latest DZpZ shows. Come on DB, put on your Big Ball pants and play, I mean keep doing what you do best, posting set lists that can't be argued with. There's always one guy here who understands you. I'd like to thank Caputh for holding your Big "bully" Balls to the fire. It will forge them into bigger and better balls with true bearings! You discuss your points with a little uptightness bro' and your comin' off as a school master and we're kids and maybe a little ugly too. No one's dumb all over here unless you want to start a club? Quit blaming everything on everybody else and take a look at yourself man. Try to be nice, that will help to the squelch the bitterness in everyone's throat from the much ado about nothing that's been going on through multi threads and countless pages of ad homonemisis & dufesesses passing nasty notes back & forth. Are we in 4th grade or what?
Just my humble opinion bro, I love ya man! :wink:

One question, have you never been mellow? :mrgreen:

Wtf? Let me remind you, K.K., it's many of the OTHER posters who have flamed me, created threads in retaliation and have perpetually thrown ad hominems at me instead of engaging in healthy debate. And that's because they know I'm right regarding what I've discussed. I don't get why you think I'm blaming everything on everyone else? Because ALL I'm doing is defending myself & my points. This is very simple to understand. And you're definitely not stupid, like many DUMB ALL OVER posters here. So it confuses me as to why you keep siding with these jerk-offs and continue missing the point? :?

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I liked DB's posting the set lists from the latest DZpZ shows. Come on DB, put on your Big Ball pants and play, I mean keep doing what you do best, posting set lists that can't be argued with. There's always one guy here who understands you. I'd like to thank Caputh for holding your Big "bully" Balls to the fire. It will forge them into bigger and better balls with true bearings! You discuss your points with a little uptightness bro' and your comin' off as a school master and we're kids and maybe a little ugly too. No one's dumb all over here unless you want to start a club? Quit blaming everything on everybody else and take a look at yourself man. Try to be nice, that will help to the squelch the bitterness in everyone's throat from the much ado about nothing that's been going on through multi threads and countless pages of ad homonemisis & dufesesses passing nasty notes back & forth. Are we in 4th grade or what?
Just my humble opinion bro, I love ya man! :wink:

One question, have you never been mellow? :mrgreen:

Wtf? Let me remind you, K.K., it's many of the OTHER posters who have flamed me, created threads in retaliation and have perpetually thrown ad hominems at me instead of engaging in healthy debate. And that's because they know I'm right regarding what I've discussed. I don't get why you think I'm blaming everything on everyone else? Because ALL I'm doing is defending myself & my points. This is very simple to understand. And you're definitely not stupid, like many DUMB ALL OVER posters here. So it confuses me as to why you keep siding with these jerk-offs and continue missing the point? :?

I tip my hat to you for trying KK.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:19 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:

I'm totally tubular, so there's no way I could be on anyone's ones "side". You catch more flies with honey than vinegar is all I'm sayin. You've made valid points, I think, but I'll be damned if I can remember which ones after all the pages of plain old bullshit party line spewage or the varied economic thoughts on the US from everyone... but you don't live here. (I think that bothers a lot of folks bro', not just Amerikans) Then there's your big balled high horse you like to ride. (your 'tude, dude) That's the way it comes off to a lot of people, DB. I get where your coming from though I'll never agree 100% with everything you say, but that's true of everything in politics isn't it? Plausible deniability, have gun, will travel, ya know what I'm talkin' about?
Unclinch, relax, you might even avoid a heart attack before your 40-50 8)
I'd be bummed if you put me on ignore man.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:01 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
And that's because they know I'm right regarding what I've discussed.

I don't know how others feel, but I, personally, always think that DB rather overestimates the state of my knowledge when I read these words. Reading them as often as I have, tends to confirm, rather than negate, that suspicion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:13 am 

I don't remember what was discussed because this is the Roxy Announcement Today?... thread. :idea:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:55 am 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:55 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I don't remember what was discussed because this is the Roxy Announcement Today?... thread. :idea:

+1 :mrgreen:

and I'd have to know what disco boy was talking about (if he's referring to anything other than the cue/queue argument that I don't really give a shit about anymore anyhow) to know whether or not I "know he's right". Oh well - whatever - again, you're right DB. We're wrong. We're not worthy. Whatever. Roxy's a great live album and it'd be pretty cool to see it on celluloid one day. Peace out.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:44 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

I'm totally tubular, so there's no way I could be on anyone's ones "side". You catch more flies with honey than vinegar is all I'm sayin. You've made valid points, I think, but I'll be damned if I can remember which ones after all the pages of plain old bullshit party line spewage or the varied economic thoughts on the US from everyone... but you don't live here. (I think that bothers a lot of folks bro', not just Amerikans) Then there's your big balled high horse you like to ride. (your 'tude, dude) That's the way it comes off to a lot of people, DB. I get where your coming from though I'll never agree 100% with everything you say, but that's true of everything in politics isn't it? Plausible deniability, have gun, will travel, ya know what I'm talkin' about?
Unclinch, relax, you might even avoid a heart attack before your 40-50 8)
I'd be bummed if you put me on ignore man.

I don't know why I have to keep stating the obvious: ALL I'm doing is asking people here to back their claims up and defending my points. And they can't do it. So they retaliate and create threads by throwing ad hominems at me instead. And they do it because, for the most part, they know they are wrong - it's a HUGE character flaw. I'm not riding a high horse. And I'm perfectly relaxed.

Why is this so hard to understand?

And no, I wouldn't place you on my ignore list, unless your IQ dropped below the freezing point. Btw, in addition to SPACEBROTHER & Caputh, I've added Plook to that list, because his IQ has dropped that low...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:05 pm 

OK DB. Ya gonna do the DZpZ set lists anymore? 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:17 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

I will after the next leg of the tour starts tomorrow night in Providence...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:06 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Cool, can't wait to see what they've added to The Whole Roxy album to round out the show. Still nothing near me. There's room on the schedule for a west coast leg but so far Carmel is as close as they're gonna get.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:51 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Cool, can't wait to see what they've added to The Whole Roxy album to round out the show. Still nothing near me. There's room on the schedule for a west coast leg but so far Carmel is as close as they're gonna get.

Carmel is the place where Clint Eastwood was mayor. (The More You Know)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:08 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:

..and he has a real spaghetti western poncho there too. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:26 am 

In this world there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig.Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:58 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

..and he has a real spaghetti western poncho there too. 8)

Excellent restaurants too, very high dollar area, Mrs. Plook and I would stay there a couple of days a week a couple times of year before we started hanging in the Central Coast. It was an artist colony at the turn of the century many greats were there and writes also I know Steinbeck spent a lot of time there... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:35 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Buckalos wrote:
Edit: I almost forgot, I don't know how many of you have heard, but Roxy by Proxy is now up for pre-order.

So are you going to pre order?

Nah, I'm gonna post-order :mrgreen:
That way I can have fun with other prefixes!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next