Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:20 am 

Dweezil is the second coming. The first produced Moon Unit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:01 am 

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
Basically two decades, but time does run understandably fast.

You're right. That was a slip of the brain on my part :oops:

Yeah, there is something almost Catholic about Trendy's adoration of Dweezil. It's like the holy trinity. Frank is father, the "composer" (of everything). He is also the holy ghost who inspires Dweezil (Jesus, the son) to realize his "true intent". And every true Catholic knows that the Big J was so much better than his crappy old father, who has a white beard, for Chrissake. Only trouble is, he got crucified in the end.

Last edited by Caputh on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:08 am 

He'd stowaway under the bus like a hobo under a train, if he could.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm 

Anyone know what he looks like?

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:02 pm 

NuclearProstate wrote:

Yes. There's a Youtube video, just search titone zappa letterman.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:30 pm 

More recent photos can be found at Dweezil Zappa World, username Gary.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:53 pm 

coevad wrote:
Well we still have this to cherish.

http://youtu.be/DjMO_ewZxIQ

brown lipstick in the corporate suite

I try to help

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 pm 

NuclearProstate wrote:

Here you go.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 am 

^ Whoa! Didn't age very well did he now! I've only seen the Letterman spot and then this...it's like... :shock: wow! El Pudgy too. He looks like he's lost his Dweezil. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:37 am 

Looks a little angry, did someone confiscate his gas mask, or mess with his ambient domain?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:27 am 

LOL at the retarded looking BOOTLEG T-SHIRT with the Champion logo on it!! FOR SHAME GARY! FOR FUCKING SHAME!!!

FUCKING POLISHED TURD BOOTLEGER!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 am 

He wore that to the Frank Zappa Day festivities in Baltimore. He's been given great heaps of shit over it, all well deserved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:21 am 

And the jean jacket he's holding seems to have some kind of unauthorized Zappa emblem on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:51 pm 

Hey give the kid a break...

All of Trendy's extensive and world class collection of official Zappa memorabilia is kept in large temperature controlled glass display cabinets in his FZ/DZ Memorial Log Cabin Room, formerly his teenage black light bedroom at his mothers house on Long Island.

The room was renamed to include DZ in a somber rededication ceremony attended by friend and family on the unseasonably chilly morning of December 5th 1993. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:49 pm 

Wow saw that Letterman spot ages ago. Never knew that was him. Fucking weird guy.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:17 pm 

I think Gary is more sick than me about Zappa, its good for my therapy i feel better lmao!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:36 pm 

ZutboF wrote:
I think Gary is more sick than me about Zappa, its good for my therapy i feel better lmao!! :mrgreen:

I never thought I'd here that Gary was good therapy...ever! :shock: Well then in that sense he does do some good... for you. I don't think you could ever be *more sick* than Gary in any way. Even with English as your second or third language you still make more sense than Trendy ever does ZutBof! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:59 pm 

Spew alert!

Gary wrote on Sep 10, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Wow. The band is on fire.

Kurt Morgan is deep into the BarrO'Hearn Zone. I can not say enough about how much I am enjoying the ZPZevolution since Kurt joined the band. Kurt's tonal diversity is an embryonic jeorney that is rooted up from the stem cells of the composers intent.

Ryan is fitting in quite well. Lots of energy that is not only reminiscent of a young Terry Bozzio(some of the crash and ride cymbals) and but also many of the fills, rolls & cymbals fall into the Niagara of Wackermanland.

The sonic landscape of the Dweezil's guitar air sculpture is breaking new boundaries. The stereo immage, feedback and cocked-wah are a new standard for his use of the fractal....

As we had with the "In The Moment" Solos. Very much like FZs Shut Up Series of records, the majority of those air sculptures are over several years of playing. In the last few years we are hearing a fresh diversity in DZs playing, where a new guitar record will not be rehashing what allready had been done on DZ In The Moment. The solos since Kurt joined ZPZ, from the 2012 tour and this Roxy tour. Nowhere Licks is an example of how things are fresh. There will be plenty of air sculptures to put out an In The Moment Some More Guitar album......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
ZutboF wrote:

I never thought I'd here that Gary was good therapy...ever! :shock: Well then in that sense he does do some good... for you. I don't think you could ever be *more sick* than Gary in any way. Even with English as your second or third language you still make more sense than Trendy ever does ZutBof! 8)
In the past before i come on internet i thought i was the bigest Zappa fan, but i learned that some crazy sick fans are pretty much serious than me. First of all back in the end of 90s my english understanding was very low so i was kind of imagining what was the lyrics. So i stayed long time with wrong ideas and fals stories of his tunes in my mind. I don't know what % i understand today but i discover Zappa music has formed part of my caracter. I want to tell you if i had understood faster about life and what is to be a good honnest person i would have probably not have done the same mistakes i did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:58 pm 

ZutboF wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
ZutboF wrote:

In the past before i come on internet i thought i was the bigest Zappa fan, but i learned that some crazy sick fans are pretty much serious than me. First of all back in the end of 90s my english understanding was very low so i was kind of imagining what was the lyrics. So i stayed long time with wrong ideas and fals stories of his tunes in my mind. I don't know what % i understand today but i discover Zappa music has formed part of my caracter. I want to tell you if i had understood faster about life and what is to be a good honnest person i would have probably not have done the same mistakes i did.

As we grow older and wiser I believe we all find some truths to be self evident in everyone and everything. It's just a part of living and growing.
FZ usually put his lyrics with his albums. The ZFT still does on some. To bad some of it was lost in translation in your case. It can't do any irreparable damage now that you know the real lyric's now can it. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:07 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
Basically two decades, but time does run understandably fast.

You're right. That was a slip of the brain on my part :oops:

Yeah, there is something almost Catholic about Trendy's adoration of Dweezil. It's like the holy trinity. Frank is father, the "composer" (of everything). He is also the holy ghost who inspires Dweezil (Jesus, the son) to realize his "true intent". And every true Catholic knows that the Big J was so much better than his crappy old father, who has a white beard, for Chrissake. Only trouble is, he got crucified in the end.

Does that make GZ the Virgin Mother... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm 

Ah. That is a Popeism, Plook.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:27 pm 

coevad wrote:
And the jean jacket he's holding seems to have some kind of unauthorized Zappa emblem on it.

Dweezil Zappa World is on the jacket.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:47 am 

Trip wrote:
coevad wrote:

But is it official?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Trip wrote:
coevad wrote:

But is it official?

The official DZW jacket is usually located on Garys stage illuminated life size Dweezil manikin which stands to the left of his trendy multi purpose FZ alter and shrine in the FZ/DZ Memorial Log Cabin Room

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next