Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:24 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
The official DZW jacket is usually located on Garys stage illuminated life size Dweezil manikin which stands to the left of his trendy multi purpose FZ alter and shrine in the FZ/DZ Memorial Log Cabin Room

Oh he's so perfect Howie! He gets to go potty in all those famous restrooms as he "tours" with DZpZ in his dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:29 am 

FUCKING POLISHED TURD T-SHIRT BOOTLEGGER!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:31 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
As we grow older and wiser I believe we all find some truths to be self evident in everyone and everything. It's just a part of living and growing.
FZ usually put his lyrics with his albums. The ZFT still does on some. To bad some of it was lost in translation in your case. It can't do any irreparable damage now that you know the real lyric's now can it. 8)
I don't understand all meaning of Frank songs but like every text we take what talk to ourself. Ok lets go back to Trendy. Sorry for the interruption.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:18 am 

ZutboF wrote:
Ok lets go back to Trendy. Sorry for the interruption.

OK fine, lets see, where were we? Oh yeah!
jaypfunk wrote:
FUCKING POLISHED TURD T-SHIRT BOOTLEGGER!

Back on topic! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:10 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Trip wrote:
coevad wrote:
And the jean jacket he's holding seems to have some kind of unauthorized Zappa emblem on it.

Dweezil Zappa World is on the jacket.

But is it official?

Ambassabor Of Lard official, dude.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:48 pm 

An oldie

Gary wrote on Dec 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Having just returned from my first journey, reaching the far reaches of 29 unique "LIVE In The Moment" galaxies, I wanted to write a reveiw of sorts. While I normally subscribe to long diction for these adventures I wanted to take a short modern blog headline approach. Something that even short atttention spans could easily digest.Before getting into that, I feel it is worthy to mention my expansive thoughts are geared to molding a review not much different than John Swensen's review of Frank Zappa's Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar box set that appeared in the November 1981 issue of Guitar World. Then again I could "Some More" it and writte a series of Conceptual Non Foods articles not much different than Frank had for Guitar Player in 1983. Be it me or anyone, dilation of thoughts within that realm is very much so related. Wait, anyone who has been following may be asking themselves what about the "Return Of The Son Of". Well In The Beginning, (Imamgine If You Will that the Zircon's are singing, Let's hear it for the Zircon's ), the Genesis of it all so to speak, in this I leave my first review And On The Eight Day Frank Zappa Created Dweezil Zappa.

He imagines little tweezers singing? They probably talk to him as he sleeps; feeding him new ideas .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:51 pm 

The dude is fucked up. Seriously fucked up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:43 pm 

He is our global village idiot. We must cherish him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:33 pm 

Global? Think really smaller. More like the ZFT's Tinsel-brown & red rectum licker man. Not a speck o' cereal left! :wink:
Trendy in that last picture:
"I lost my Dweezil, I can't find my Dweezil, where's my Dweezil? You seen my Dweezil?"
He has that look of befuddlement about him, like he lost his Dweezil/binky. Hey! They should sell stuff like that at the merch table. DZ's/Frank's binky's, bibs and baby bottles! A Zappa bobble head of every Mother and Zappa too. A lot of girls stuff. There doesn't seem to be any male Zappa's to carry the name yet. As far as I know all Gail's grandkids is female! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:36 pm 

Trip wrote:
NuclearProstate wrote:
Anyone know what he looks like?

Here you go.

This one.
Anyone see my Dweezil?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:53 pm 

just plain doug wrote:

"It's not my fault the rest of the world can't understand my devastatingly topical humor!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:59 pm 

Ahhhhhhhh....memories....

just plain doug wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:22 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

Where could my Dweezil have gone? Anybody seen my Dweezil? I know when he takes a pee! I mean I know everything!!! Now where's my Dweezil?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:46 pm 

I searched the word 'display' and stumbled onto this. It's way before my time - From dzw

created on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:58 AM

I too have been enjoying his performances. The psychoacoustics displays quite an interesting diversity of tone colors. At times I have questioned Ben's ability to project his voice as strong as some who had worked fro FZ but not everyone has the "is it live or is it memorex" glass shatering vocals of a Ray White.

In listening to he FZ Canon one thing that I find so very interesting in comparison to so many other Rock & Roll acts from that time period is that FZ had so many different vocalists each with a set of tone qualities that are part of the overall composers palate. If I may use the Ray Whote analogy again more times than not the majority of many spectacular vocalists that sang for Frank could not project like Ray White but in no way do I think Frank should have done things different.

Let's take Bobby Martin fro example. While Bobby Martin is a excellent vocalist, one of which who has shown he not only has the ability to project quite well when called upon but he can also deliver a big old credenza. This does not mean that the timbre of Bobby Martin's vocals are well suited for so many vocal parts that FZ never gave him a chance at. There were other people in the group who were a better vocal fit for given material.

Ben adds a variety of well shaped tone colors to a growing list of FZs songs that had been sung by so many people. Now that the DweezilZappaWorldDotCom Community can hear Ben singing samples of Zomby Woof & Montana from the forthcoming Dweezil Zappa - "Return Of The Son Of..." Double CD live album we have some fine examples of how Ben sounds very good as part of the DZPZ core lineup. We can see that just as in any of FZs touring bands or in view of a a larger perspective of what arrangements ZPZ are playing that in the beginning or progression of FZs music the heavily weighted "one vocalist Rock & Roll template" was never FZs game.

Be it Scheila Gonzalez singing the 1976 arrangement of You Didn?t Try To Call Me aany of the other arrangements any ZPZ Core Member sings diversity of vocals is true to suit of what what FZ design that never had a carbon copy Rock & Roller template when it came to vocals.

I have seen a few Zappa fans that have some extreme objections to Ben in ZPZ but I have always been a supporter and have anjoyed what he has been doing since day one. I gave up arguing with those folks a long long time go. I have learned that it is far more pleasant to just enjoy engulfing in the audio pleasures DZPZ are giving us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:13 pm 

He's the Al Gore of the Disinformation Stupidhighway...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
He's the Al Gore of the Disinformation Stupidhighway...

He's not that smart. It's more like the gerbil/tribbles HWY. imho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:16 am 

coevad wrote:
I searched the word 'display' and stumbled onto this. It's way before my time - From dzw

created on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:58 AM

Let's take Bobby Martin fro example. While Bobby Martin is a excellent vocalist, one of which who has shown he not only has the ability to project quite well when called upon but he can also deliver a big old credenza....

I had no idea Robert Martin delivered furniture!!!???

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:36 am 

Chat spew, the premiere.

Gary
Just taking a brief moment before getting back to the busy day at hand. Glad to see and year about the new ZPZ rhythm section. We really started to hear a big change when Kurt Morgan joined the group. I realise I have stated this for quite some time, maybe I am rehashing words from my impressions from last years tour but I wanted to reiterate the diversity that has been happening. Now we have Ryan Brown on Drums. Dweezil has upgraded his guitar rig. While change is not always comfortable it can often lead to diversity. What's obvious is that the diversity is far beyond the size of the band changing.... OK have a nice day

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:43 am 

Gary wrote on Sep 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM

ZPZ Orange County Lumber Truck/Trouble Every Day
Gathering of the Vibes Music and Art Festival 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeS36M-gMko

No false virtues here. This multi-camera shoot enables the listener to get a good eyes and ears look into some of the diversity of the six-piece Zappa Plays Zappa ensemble. If one takes a close look and listen there is far more attention paid to the details of the compsers intent than any sloth like jokes that are running in the dialogue. Not that there is anything wrong with bringing a drum roadie up on stage to sing and terpsichore his way into Van Halen Land but let's get serious folks, the ZPZ band tattoed the performance with the finest sailor portal ink stamp tat-encounters known to mankind.

While the drum chair has changed since this recording this shows how Dweezil,(very much like Frank did with his bands), is getting as much as he can from the overall musicianship that is out there on the road. Some really fine compositions that always fit in well as a segue,and but also a really fine performance from some really fine musicians.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 am 

the ZPZ band tattoed the performance with the finest sailor portal ink stamp tat-encounters known to mankind!

So, is Popeye in the band now?

Better get some spinach souffle going.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:00 am 

You can't make this shit up. Trendy's doing drugs that are not available to the general public.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:23 am 

Full chemical spill suit required.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24848&start=75

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:12 pm 

I've finally reached my limit on how much of Trenchmouther's bullshit I can read at one sitting. I've had to stop twice now on that link coevad provided. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Jeez, what a fucking clueless blowhard!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:36 am 

keel haul yon scurvy dog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:19 am 

Aye, matey!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next