Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 110  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1847
Ron Paul was paid (I assume) to give a speech at an event given by a Catholic organization. He spoke of common ground between religions from what I understand, and the speech was well received. That's all it was...not a Nazi night rally as the SPLC had portrayed it.

Are Catholics anti-Semitic? Are all Christians? Their savior is a Jew, but they pray for the eventual return of their savior, who will then show the Jews the error of their ways. Do they hate Jews? They are not supposed to...Jesus is all about love.

Religion is the single most divisive force within the human race. Catholics didn't exactly cry out in rage when Hitler was exterminating Jews, but Jews, (who apparently think they are God's chosen on Earth and everyone else is subhuman) are not exactly loving when it comes to Muslims and Christians, either. This is to be expected when there are competing truths... it's all just so fucking stupid I refuse to speak on it any more, except to say that if the human race does not get beyond the God delusion, the human race will die, and rightfully.

Ronnie, go back a page or two to understand where I am coming from on the SPLC. Sure, they do good things, but they are getting rich on hype and destroying the reputations of people that don't deserve it.

SPACEBROTHER forum entity, just shut up already about the "newsletters". He said he didn't write them and he disavowed them. Why are you so afraid of Ron Paul? He's out of politics now.

I'm a supporter of Ron Paul, but just like anything else I am not 100% behind it. I am not a Christian, I am an atheist. You want to see discrimination? See how atheists are treated when they make themselves known in this country.

What I like about Ron Paul is his humanity...he's against wars, he's for freedom. I don't care how politically correct anyone thinks they are, if they support George W. Obama they support awful crimes against the human race. Ron Paul does not, as far as I can tell. He wants to help this country get back it's good reputation.

I hope this response suits you, Caputh. What do you think of the Miracle of the Sun? If that many people saw it, shouldn't it be in all the history books?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5775
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
How do you know he didn't write his newsletters for certain? Evidence? Proof? He knew what the contents in them were for many years before he ever disavowed them. He continued to publish them with his own money even after many of the blatant displays a pro white supremacist propaganda in his name that he himself signed-off on.


Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4880
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
A rope leash wrote:
What do you think of the Miracle of the Sun? If that many people saw it, shouldn't it be in all the history books?


Thanks for your reply, Rope. I think the reason why the history books are not full of the Miracle of the Sun is because, unless you're really Catholic, the story sounds pretty ridiculous and therefore warrants report only on the lines of "believe it or not?!!"

Three illiterate Portuguese shepherd children claim that they have seen the Virgin Mary, then torture themselves with self-flagellation, fasting, not drinking and sleep deprivation 'till they receive a message from Mary. An equally mostly illiterate, god-fearing crowd of 70 000 are persuaded to gather to gaze at the sun as a result. They all stare merrily away and, after a bit, some see the sun rotating like a wheel, some see it changing colours and some see nothing at all. Only the three shepherd children see the Holy Family.To my mind the most obvious explanation for all this is the result of a lot of religious fanatics staring at the sun for too long. As you point out, the prophecies of Sister Lucia (one of the three children) made later were generally revealed after the event(s) and, like Nostradamus's prophecies IMO, tend to be couched in such a language as to fit anything dramatic.
Or they are predictions of things that might happen sooner or later anyway e.g. the Consecration of Russia.
I'm not really a believer in UFOs, but IMO that is a more likely explanation than an appearance by the Virgin Mary/Holy Family. However, I still think the most likely explanation is mass hysteria accompanied by an optical illusion brought on by staring at the sun too long.

I'm not sure if Paul believed in such a miracle, it would make me trust his judgement more. On the other hand, I suppose it would make him no worse than the various Popes who have gone round perpetuating a story that most non-catholics would consider a bit, er, fanatical.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1847
We don't know for certain if Ron Paul wrote the newsletters or not, just as we are not certain where Obama was born. Ron Paul said he did not write them, and he disavowed them...good enough for me, considering everything else he has said in his life.

Caputh...don't you know that a person cannot be elected in this country unless he professes to believe in some outrageously improbable fairly tale regarding the creation and control of the universe? If Ron Paul was an atheist, we would not be talking about him. Whether or not he actually believes the Miracle of the Sun happened is not important. What is important is the general message of peace and freedom.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:19 am
Posts: 5295
Location: CT coast, USA
Newsletter reruns are getting kinda old...

The best thing he has to keep us from talking about the crimes against humanity of his hero / mass baby killer Obomba...If we post about some crimes Obama is doing, he can then attack [the retired congressman] Ron Paul and voila', we're not talking about his killer hero and the crimes he [knowingly] voted for....bait, so to speak.* Unfortunately we see the same attacks over and over and over and over again.

Anyone familiar with Paul's voting record knows where Paul is at, (and cannot be fooled by partial information posts copied from RP hate/fear sites or stupid newsletter posts).

Of course sb contends that all RP's ANTIWAR votes in congress were "fake votes," but of course the House has only one ballot box, and it is quite real....as real as all of Obama and Hillary's constant PROWAR votes that keep the evil coming).

Retrospective voters (those who support candidates based on their voting records), cannot be fooled by fear posts...but it is unfortunate that he titled this thread ronpaul wars...I wonder how many good new posters we lose that breeze in, see that title and leave thinking, "I wonder what kind of idiots live there."

IMO

_____________________________________
*Why else post something 100 times, we've all seen it 100 times, the purpose cannot be to inform us...it has to have another purpose...it may not be a coincidence that posting about Obama (and sb's), crimes against humanity can generate RP newsletter posts.

_________________
Lesser-evilism is war.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5775
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Ron Paul's newsletters are very much part of a pattern with this guy and his son, whether you guys can accept it or not. He has a broad scope of direct personal ties, public speeches and even his voting record that proves beyond all reasonable doubt that much of his agenda was/is racially motivated.

Yeah, Ron Paul Is Racist After All, Sorry
http://www.vice.com/read/yeah-ron-paul- ... -all-sorry

This week probably marks the moment that schadenfreude finally left the Ron Paul campaign.

There's always been a kind of awful element of fun to listening to rabid Paul defense, given that much of it was reality-optional. But, hey, at least his fans believed in something. And no true believer deserves this week. In the last seven days, some of Paul's former staffers admitted to deliberately courting racists, with his blessing. Then, adding insult to injury, Paul's current ties to American white supremacist groups surfaced courtesy of Anonymous.

As outlined before, there were only a limited number of explanations for Paul's racist, conspiracy-oriented newsletters, and none of them were good. Either he believed the things he printed, merely capitalized on the things he printed, or was unaware of the things he printed. It was a spectrum ranging from monstrous to cynical to incompetent.

Apparently, it's the second option, at least according to the Washington Post:

"[People] close to Paul’s operations said he was deeply involved in the company that produced the [racist] newsletters, Ron Paul & Associates, and closely monitored its operations, signing off on articles and speaking to staff members virtually every day.

"It was his newsletter, and it was under his name, so he always got to see the final product. . . . He would proof it,’’ said Renae Hathway, a former secretary in Paul’s company and a supporter of the Texas congressman.

"... A person involved in Paul’s businesses, who spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid criticizing a former employer, said Paul and his associates decided in the late 1980s to try to increase sales by making the newsletters more provocative. They discussed adding controversial material, including racial statements, to help the business, the person said.

“It was playing on a growing racial tension, economic tension, fear of government,’’ said the person, who supports Paul’s economic policies but is not backing him for president. “I’m not saying Ron believed this stuff. It was good copy. Ron Paul is a shrewd businessman.’’


The story matches one broken by Julian Sanchez and David Weigel in 2008, in the libertarian magazine Reason. Not only was it an "open secret" in libertarian circles that Lew Rockwell ghost-wrote many of Paul's newsletters, but the racial and paranoid tone was part of his and Murray Rothbard's attempt to create a "paleo-libertarian" movement, which is basically libertarianism without all that fun stuff about legalizing drugs and prostitution. Rockwell was trying to court southern conservatives who thought the Civil Rights Act, the Great Society, and the Democratic Party were all enemy combatants in a Civil War that had just transitioned from active shooting to economics and "politically correct" social engineering.

All of this just confirms what strenuous opponents of the newsletters have been saying since their publication. And as much as it sucks for Ron Paul fans to confront staffers and aides confirming critics' arguments, it's tough not to say, "We told you so," because, well, practically everybody did.

The natural response to this news, if you’re still a true believer, is that it's from 16 years in the past. This is a newsletter operation divorced from the Ron Paul 2012 campaign. Unfortunately, that's not what the hacktivist group Anonymous discovered.

As part of an ongoing online effort against white supremacists, Anonymous hacked the website of the American Third Position (A3P), a white nationalist group tracked by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Like the SPLC, Anonymous found ties to skinhead groups, Nazis and David Duke's flunkey Jamie Kelso. Unlike the SPLC, they also found significant ties to the Ron Paul 2012 campaign:

"In addition to finding the usual racist rants and interactions with other white power groups, we also found a disturbingly high amount of members who are also involved in campaigning for Ron Paul. According to these messages, Ron Paul has regularly met with many A3P members, even engaging in conference calls with their board of directors."

In addition, someone who appears to be close to Paul expressed dismay that Kelso was shut out of the Conservative Political Action Conference and said he would speak to Paul about Kelso's organizational value.

None of this should be surprising. In 2008, Paul accepted donations from and was endorsed by Stormfront.org, America's leading white supremacist site; he even had a campaign coordinator from the KKK.

Of course, the quickest and easiest dismissal is that the A3P stuff comes from Anonymous, not exactly the most credible of sources. But they parade around in the same Guy Fawkes masks as Paul supporters, tend to skew libertarian, and in 2008 many of their members supported Paul's candidacy. At this point, there's too much stuff to try to handwave away. In addition to years of "we told you so!" material that mainstream outlets have urged Paul supporters to confront, there are now the words of his aides and managers, as well as his own appointment book.

And while "we told you so!" is tempting to say, it's just sad. It's sad to see people energized by politics being disappointed by the first thing they may have really believed in. It's sad to see tens of thousands of Americans donate millions of dollars to someone who hid such grossly prejudicial and politically fatal connections from them...



-------------------------------------------------------------
And of course Baddy decides to go the insult route when somebody presents information that he doesn't like, by reference of the term "idiot". No surprises there. :roll: Nothing screams "fear posts" more than the use of terminology like "baby killer" and "crimes against humanity". I guess it takes one to know one. :| :P


-------------------------------------------------------------

While we're at it, there was a glossing over of the point regarding Ron Paul and the Fukushima nuclear disaster...

Rep. Ron Paul: Reaction to nuclear crisis 'overblown'

Much of the reaction to the nuclear power crisis in Japan is "overblown," but the U.S. seems unlikely now to build another nuclear power plant, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) said Tuesday night.

"My guess is, when the dust settles, it won’t be nearly as bad as some of the scare tactics we have been reading about in the past couple of days," Paul, an advocate of nuclear power, told Fox Business Network. "Nuclear power is very dangerous, but it is also the safest form of energy we have.”

Nevertheless, Paul was pessimistic about the possibility of the U.S. building another nuclear power plant any time soon.

“I wouldn’t bet a lot of money on it. I’m scared to death they are going to quit building nuclear power plants," Paul said. "After 35 years we finally got around to doing it, and I imagine just like they closed down drilling in the Gulf, they will close down any development. If the Middle East really blows up, then people might wise up and say maybe there are alternative sources of energy we can use. It can be safe. It is risky.”

Given the crisis in Japan, sparked by a massive earthquake and tsunami, some lawmakers have called for a review of nuclear energy plants in the U.S. as well as planned nuclear projects. Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) said Sunday there should be a moratorium on such projects until the crisis is over and the country is able to "absorb" what happened.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... z2eyzrCxmf



Apparently Ron Paul (and Baddy) is perfectly fine with "baby killing" and "crimes against humanity" via radioactive nuclear fallout.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4880
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
A rope leash wrote:

Caputh...don't you know that a person cannot be elected in this country unless he professes to believe in some outrageously improbable fairly tale regarding the creation and control of the universe? If Ron Paul was an atheist, we would not be talking about him. Whether or not he actually believes the Miracle of the Sun happened is not important. What is important is the general message of peace and freedom.


I understand your point of view and can agree to a degree. But somehow, for me personally, it is quite important how extreme a politician's religious position is. Simply put - if you believed in the Fatima Center's credo (which you don't seem to), I would experience some problems in taking you seriously, no matter what other sensible things you said.

BTW, I do think that Ron Paul is genuinely religious. If he wasn't, wouldn't that make him just as much of a hypocrite as all the other politicians?

In any case, I have no problems with his peace message at all, in fact I concur. The freedom message is a rather more questionable for me, as Paul and I have a different concept of what constitutes freedom.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1847
Ron Paul's religious views are not extreme. Freedom of religion means that you can believe what you wish, and I am sure he understands that not everyone believes in the same religion. He doesn't pontificate, and I have never heard him say this is a "Christian nation".

I gave up on ever seeing a popular politician that matched my viewpoint exactly. Getting rid of the privately-owned Federal reserve and ending the empire while giving us back our liberties is good enough for me. Whatever else he is, I'm not sure it matters.

As for Fukishima, I don't see any politicians anywhere getting panicked over it, especially the ones with real power, like Obama. From what I read on the web, it's everything from nothing to worry about to the end of the world. To say Ron Paul is killing babies because he doesn't think it's a disaster is just stupid...I mean really stupid. So far, I haven't read of any babies dying because of Fukishima.

Not yet anyway. Lots of children droned to death, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Somewhere in time
Caputh wrote:
A rope leash wrote:
What do you think of the Miracle of the Sun? If that many people saw it, shouldn't it be in all the history books?


Thanks for your reply, Rope. I think the reason why the history books are not full of the Miracle of the Sun is because, unless you're really Catholic, the story sounds pretty ridiculous and therefore warrants report only on the lines of "believe it or not?!!"

Three illiterate Portuguese shepherd children claim that they have seen the Virgin Mary, then torture themselves with self-flagellation, fasting, not drinking and sleep deprivation 'till they receive a message from Mary. An equally mostly illiterate, god-fearing crowd of 70 000 are persuaded to gather to gaze at the sun as a result. They all stare merrily away and, after a bit, some see the sun rotating like a wheel, some see it changing colours and some see nothing at all. Only the three shepherd children see the Holy Family.To my mind the most obvious explanation for all this is the result of a lot of religious fanatics staring at the sun for too long. As you point out, the prophecies of Sister Lucia (one of the three children) made later were generally revealed after the event(s) and, like Nostradamus's prophecies IMO, tend to be couched in such a language as to fit anything dramatic.
Or they are predictions of things that might happen sooner or later anyway e.g. the Consecration of Russia.
I'm not really a believer in UFOs, but IMO that is a more likely explanation than an appearance by the Virgin Mary/Holy Family. However, I still think the most likely explanation is mass hysteria accompanied by an optical illusion brought on by staring at the sun too long.

I'm not sure if Paul believed in such a miracle, it would make me trust his judgement more. On the other hand, I suppose it would make him no worse than the various Popes who have gone round perpetuating a story that most non-catholics would consider a bit, er, fanatical.



The Miracle of the Sun was a solid UFO event, one only needs to research it to understand this. One of the best places to get the information is "Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact" by Jacques Vallée. Some great witnesses were far from the crowd on hills with good vantage points, what they saw was a structured disc descending in a “falling leaf motion", in addition there was much more to the children’s experiences at the event site than is normally written about it. The actually events started far earlier than the date given in most retellings, also the letter recently revealed is said not to have had the actual content of the third message as relayed to the children. This event demands a far deeper investigation than one will have through standard material available before it can properly be discussed.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5775
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Nuclear engineer: Death toll from Fukushima catastrophe could top 500,000
http://enenews.com/nuclear-engineer-fuk ... top-500000

Nuclear Engineer on Radio: Unfortunately, the truth is there will be a large death toll from Fukushima — Damages to be seen “over the next century” — Disaster at plant is unprecedented in magnitude
Dave Lochbaum, Nuclear engineer, former Nuclear Regulatory Commission instructor, current director of Union of Concerned Scientists’ Nuclear Safety Project: The Fukushima site is unprecedented in the magnitude — 3 reactor cores have melted down, 4 spent fuel pools that are in jeopardy, 3 buildings that exploded — so, they have a lot of problems. [...]
... Fukushima, the reality, without any sugar-coating is, that in the next 18 to 19 years, there will be a death toll from radiation exposure in Japan that will be large.

Lochbaum: Yes, that is unfortunately the truth. Plant operated for 40 years and will remain a hazard to people living around it for decades longer. Politicians and society will have to determine whether the benefits derived from those 40 years offset the damages done over the next century.
http://nuclear-news.net/2013/09/05/fuku ... eath-toll/

Gundersen: Death toll from Fukushima disaster to be 1000 times IAEA estimate
http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-science ... 41558.html


Make no mistake, that's a lot of dead people, including quite a few babies, but it's no big deal according to Ron Paul, who was on the nuclear energy industries lobbyists payroll and thinks it's overblown. His denial of the truth on this is far worse than the death toll from drone strikes, and all of the deaths from Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan combined because that radioactive water is now on our shores.

...but hey, it's anybody's right to be naïve about Ron Paul's racism and murderous agenda.


Perhaps this number is also no big deal and "overblown" according to Ron Paul...

Chernobyl Death Toll: 985,000, Mostly from Cancer
...It concludes that based on records now available, some 985,000 people died, mainly of cancer, as a result of the Chernobyl accident. That is between when the accident occurred in 1986 and 2004. More deaths, it projects, will follow....

http://www.globalresearch.ca/new-book-c ... ncer/20908


A lot of babies died from that one too, but Ron "Baby Killer" Paul thinks it's no big deal and "overblown".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1847
Jesus Christ, Plook...



Well, SPACEBROTHER forum entity, what is your man Obambam doing about Fukishima? He's the bossman, right? If it is such a disaster, shouldn't he be working hard to contain it?

Yes?

So why is he wasting his time rattling cheap swords at Syria?

I started the thread on Fuklishima on this forum, also about the Stuxnet virus created by the US and Israel that may have contributed to the disaster. Hardly anyone responded to the thread, and I don't think your entity responded at all. Suddenly it is important to you because Ron Paul said it's not a big deal?

Geez...what a futile and silly vendetta. You should stick more to church-oriented social activities. Posting on this forum is doing you no good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5775
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
A rope leash wrote:
Well, SPACEBROTHER forum entity, what is your man Obambam doing about Fukishima? He's the bossman, right? If it is such a disaster, shouldn't he be working hard to contain it?

Yes?
This threads subject is about Ron Paul, not President Obama. Besides, if he did do something about it, then the average Ron Paul supporter would criticize him for it, as much as if he does nothing about it. Regardless of what President Obama does, or doesn't do, those already predisposed to hate the guy will fall back to the 'ol classic "damned if you do, damned if you don't" argument. Even if it's actions his detractors normally support, doesn't matter. It's been that way from the moment he got elected.

A rope leash wrote:
So why is he wasting his time rattling cheap swords at Syria?
America hasn't fired missiles or sent troops into Syria yet. Regardless, that's also not what this thread is about, but bringing that into the discussion is a nice attempt at a diversion from the primary subject of Ron Paul.

A rope leash wrote:
I started the thread on Fuklishima on this forum,
This threads all about Ron Paul, and he expressed a viewpoint that to downplay the Fukushima disaster. That's why it's part of the discussion about Ron Paul's real and shady agenda.

A rope leash wrote:
also about the Stuxnet virus created by the US and Israel that may have contributed to the disaster. Hardly anyone responded to the thread, and I don't think your entity responded at all.
I can't speak for anybody else, but if and when I have something of relevance to add to that thread, I will.

A rope leash wrote:
Suddenly it is important to you because Ron Paul said it's not a big deal?
I've been discussing Ron Paul in this thread since July 26th 2010. Hardly any form of suddenness. This is just another strand on the vast web of controversies that surrounds the guy. Something that his rabid supporters are brainwashed into ignoring.

A rope leash wrote:
Geez...what a futile and silly vendetta. You should stick more to church-oriented social activities.
The topic of religion is also a part of this thread regarding Ron Paul's wacky views and who hires him to speak to their legions of fanatics.

A rope leash wrote:
Posting on this forum is doing you no good.
Why is that? Is this too uncomfortable a subject for you to discuss the negative side of one of your hero's?

As far as the subject of Ron Paul is concerned, he is very much in the public eye as a politician and like most of his field of public work, is subject to scrutiny just like everybody else. Despite his voting record, he profits from the big business behind war. He also profits from the same multi-national corporations and lobbyists from big oil, big p-h-a-r-m-a, gov't run big nuclear energy, organized religion and yes, even known hate groups and paranoid conspiracy theorists which has always been the main point of this thread and the reason for it's creation.


Sincerely,
SPACEROTHER forum entityImage





Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1847
Well, enjoy your petty little public vendetta against a little old man who never hurt no one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5775
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Thing is, he has hurt people. Ron Paul has introduced and voted in favor of bills that hurt those living at or below the poverty line. He also voted against bills that would have helped those same people. http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/11/ro ... gress.html


The vendetta here is aimed towards the denial of RP's less-than-admirable vendetta.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1847
He's just a gawd-awful bastard, ain't he?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Somewhere in time
A rope leash wrote:
Jesus Christ, Plook...



Check into it, it is one of the most conclusive UFO sightings for three reasons:

1.) So many witness's
2.) A physical object was in the sky
3.) There was absolutely nothing flying at that time that can explain away the sighting.


:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1847
Accepting UFOs as real is the same as accepting "god" as real. If you cannot produce empirical evidence for everyone to see, it's all just in your head.

It requires faith. Sure, it could have been UFOs, or fairies, or "god"...but most likely it was what Caputh called it, a mass delusion.

See the cradle? See the baby in the cradle?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Atlanta
A rope leash wrote:
Accepting UFOs as real is the same as accepting "god" as real. If you cannot produce empirical evidence for everyone to see, it's all just in your head.

It requires faith. Sure, it could have been UFOs, or fairies, or "god"...but most likely it was what Caputh called it, a mass delusion.

See the cradle? See the baby in the cradle?


I completely agree with everything you said above. However, I also apply it to EVERY situation, political or otherwise. If you did not personally witness the events that lead you to hold a strict opinion about any given political act, you are operating on faith. Even witnessing it could be questionable, as the act was probably just as scripted as American Idol and every other Reality TV event. "I read it in a paper" or "someone I think is honest told me so" does not equal proof. If you did not personally experience the events, you are acting on faith.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1847
That is very much the fact. To be debating any subject, the participants must have faith in their information. I have made this point before...most opinions are worthless because they are not really based on the opinion holder's first-hand experience.

As it is also true that eyewitnesses cannot be absolutely certain, it is not so true when the eyewitness is a camera. A clear shot photo or video can be analyzed repeatedly to the point that certainty can be achieved. This is why I know that 9/11 was a false-flag hoax. What the government-media-everybody says about it is really of no consequence other than to distract and annoy. We can see the buildings are professionally demolished, so we know something fishy is afoot when the official story says something different.

When it comes to Ron Paul, I admit that most of my support for him comes from what he says. His opponents try to put words in his mouth, or twist them. So, he voted "no" on some things that "hurt" poor people. The only provable fact there is that he voted "no", which is something that should be done way more often anyway. But, I don't know what is really in Ron Paul's head, and nor does anyone else but Ron Paul, because what comes out of the mouth is not always from the heart.

Is Ron Paul a racist? The "newsletters" suggest that there was a lapse of racial sensitivity either from him or from someone working for him. He disavowed the letters, but that is only something coming out of his mouth, so who knows? I'd still choose him over the lying waffler we have in charge at this time.

Are the ideas flowing from Ron Paul's lips a threat to the established powers? You bet your ass they are, and that is provable. It is also why government propaganda shills like SPACEBROTHER forum entity are so desperate to denigrate Ron Paul, even after he was deliberately sidelined from the election and is no longer an active candidate for office.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Somewhere in time
A rope leash wrote:
Accepting UFOs as real is the same as accepting "god" as real. If you cannot produce empirical evidence for everyone to see, it's all just in your head.

It requires faith. Sure, it could have been UFOs, or fairies, or "god"...but most likely it was what Caputh called it, a mass delusion.

See the cradle? See the baby in the cradle?


This is a classic example of not reading the available information before passing judgment, I challenge you to research this event and would ask that you refer to Jacques Vallée's well researched information on the event.

BTW the evidence was collected in Roswell in 1947, over 600 first and second hand witnesses have gone on record from the greatest generation...do not judge these brave and honest people on today’s flimsy excuse for truthfulness... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1847
Does ol' Jacque have actual clear photographs of the event that can be examined by experts? Do the photographs show proof of extraterrestrial machines and beings? Or did he just talk to witnesses? Do any of those wonderful greatest generationals have any clear photographs of space aliens and their machines? If they do, I haven't seen them. I'm not saying they are lying, I'm just saying they have yet to provide actual testable evidence.

Have you ever heard the theory that the Twin Towers were disintegrated from above by aliens and their machines? It's called poisoning the well...it helps to make every doubter look like a kook.

As I have said before, the odds that any life form has evolved to the point that it can create machines that travel light-year distances or between dimensions or through worm holes is pretty low. If they do exist and can do these things, they are effectively our gods, so why don't you start a church?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:19 am
Posts: 5295
Location: CT coast, USA
baddy wrote:
The best thing he[sb] has to keep us from talking about the crimes against humanity of his hero / mass baby killer Obomba...If we post about some crimes Obama is doing, he[sb] can then attack [the retired congressman] Ron Paul and voila', we're not talking about his killer hero and the crimes he [knowingly] voted for....bait, so to speak

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Nothing screams "fear posts" more than the use of terminology like "baby killer" and "crimes against humanity".

What terminology would you prefer to use to refer to Obama's bombing and killing thousands of innocent people, including children and babies?

What do you prefer to call it, what are the better words you prefer me to use?

_________________
Lesser-evilism is war.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5775
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
baddy wrote:
baddy wrote:
The best thing he[sb] has to keep us from talking about the crimes against humanity of his hero / mass baby killer Obomba...If we post about some crimes Obama is doing, he[sb] can then attack [the retired congressman] Ron Paul and voila', we're not talking about his killer hero and the crimes he [knowingly] voted for....bait, so to speak

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Nothing screams "fear posts" more than the use of terminology like "baby killer" and "crimes against humanity".

What terminology would you prefer to use to refer to Obama's bombing and killing thousands of innocent people, including children and babies?

What do you prefer to call it, what are the better words you prefer me to use?


What about Ron Paul's full support of the nuclear energy industry, despite the fact that between the Fukushima and Chernobyl disasters which he downplays as overblown in which the fallout has been/is killing innocent people, including children and babies? How about his votes to defund families living below the poverty line, which has directly led to the deaths of innocent children and babies?

Do you just prefer to ignore Ron Paul's baby killings just because you hate President Obama for ending two wars, saving the economy from hemorrhaging jobs at a rate of 900,000 per month to creating jobs?

Don't bother answering because you have a habit of selectively ignoring the baby killings caused by your heroes and will deny/never bother to address that, despite that they are proven facts. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4880
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Ron Paul on Fox News...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUQOrBPB ... e=youtu.be

"I think the Fed is really worried about the economy"

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20736
Location: Somewhere in time
A rope leash wrote:
Does ol' Jacque have actual clear photographs of the event that can be examined by experts? Do the photographs show proof of extraterrestrial machines and beings? Or did he just talk to witnesses? Do any of those wonderful greatest generationals have any clear photographs of space aliens and their machines? If they do, I haven't seen them. I'm not saying they are lying, I'm just saying they have yet to provide actual testable evidence.

Have you ever heard the theory that the Twin Towers were disintegrated from above by aliens and their machines? It's called poisoning the well...it helps to make every doubter look like a kook.

As I have said before, the odds that any life form has evolved to the point that it can create machines that travel light-year distances or between dimensions or through worm holes is pretty low. If they do exist and can do these things, they are effectively our gods, so why don't you start a church?



That is exactly what happened and where all your world religions come from!

The photos you seek exist, (3) sets from the fifties, they passed every test for fakery and clearly show vehicles we still cannot produce today, they are:

1.) Trent photos from 1950 McMinnville, Oregon
2.) Professional photographer Almiro Barauna took a sequence of pictures of this UFO off of a Naval vessel off Trinidad Island 1958.
3.) Edwards Air Force Base, California. Taken by a test pilot in September of 1957.

Keep in mind several Astronauts including Gordon Cooper came forward with there encounters, later in life and many solid extremely experienced pilots have come forward, I recommend the viewing of the Documentary "I know what I saw", its two hours hang in for the pilots at the final third of the movie.

Definitely read “Witness to Roswell” all the testimony in one place, the truthiest people ever will tell you in there own words about the Mother of all conspiracies. The beginning of it all, the cause of the NSA, CIA, and every government stone wall that exists today was a direct result of that event.

Your very lucky to be able to read that for your first time, I remember how awesome it was when I did, buy a copy you will want to read it a few times... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 110  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group