Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321 ... 340  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:25 pm 

I'm everyone's son Caputh. Will you share water with us? We can all walk through fields of surreal azure plains of multi colored flowers that bloom everywhere, their intoxicating smell penetrating through your every pore of desire. It's Utopia Man, really! Trust me. :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:36 pm 

I talked to her last night (thank you Skype). She's having a great time....no shit! She's going to try out for the Quiddish team. I thought she was pulling my leg at first, then I checked it out...Have to admit it's just dada enough for me to like the idea.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:13 am 

Was brave and foolish enough to check out the 20 minute music special Kate Bush made in my favourite place to be except for my bed, De Efteling.
I can't stand Kate Bush, never could. Reminds me of a very bad era in my life. Even besides that, she squeezes her voice too much.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:25 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I'm everyone's son Caputh. Will you share water with us? We can all walk through fields of surreal azure plains of multi colored flowers that bloom everywhere, their intoxicating smell penetrating through your every pore of desire. It's Utopia Man, really! Trust me. :wink: :lol:

I wondered who that rather large child with the moustache who has been tapping at my door every day for the last week was. You should have said,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:27 am 

BBP wrote:
I can't stand Kate Bush, never could.

Nor can I - ever seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMXIro1P_7g
It's not even a parody, really.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:23 am 

Yeah, that sketch is pretty awesome. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:01 pm 

Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

I wondered who that rather large child with the moustache who has been tapping at my door every day for the last week was. You should have said,

Ever read Stranger in a Strange Land? Ever had someone at an airport "give" you a flower, then demand a "donation"? What're ya gonna do?... Smoke some pot, maybe a pint too, laugh about it, it's Utopia Man. What does anyone want with more of that Cosmic Debri? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:22 pm 

Well I just saw the remains of what was my favorite place in the world from childhood burn to the ground. I am just sick. What little Hurricane Sandy did not destroy last winter, this fire just did. :cry:

http://tinyurl.com/kfxksgl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av3EzZ_dyA0

http://tinyurl.com/n2zzbvh

http://tinyurl.com/jwmebsq

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:13 am 

Sorry to hear that, VoodooButter, that's nasty...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:45 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Ever read Stranger in a Strange Land? Ever had someone at an airport "give" you a flower, then demand a "donation"? What're ya gonna do?... Smoke some pot, maybe a pint too, laugh about it, it's Utopia Man. What does anyone want with more of that Cosmic Debri? :lol:

Yeah... I grock fully :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 am 

baddy wrote:

Ha! I was tryin' to think of that word. (grock) All I could think of is "grope" which is a whole 'nother story!
"You grope me?" "Hell no, I won't grope you!" :shock:
Glad someone grocked it! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:41 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
baddy wrote:

Ha! I was tryin' to think of that word. (grock) All I could think of is "grope" which is a whole 'nother story!

It was off to the urban dictionary again for that one :?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:40 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
baddy wrote:

It's from "Stranger in a Strange Land," a sci-fi book about a surviving child of a Mars expedition who was brought up by Martians...and later returned to Earth...where he took on some Earthly ways, and those around him (more so for close one such as his girlfriend), began taking on Martian ways. To grock something is to fully know what it is, to know it as though you had all the experiences of it, as though you had been it...it's one step more than understanding something.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:54 pm 

baddy wrote:

It's from "Stranger in a Strange Land," a sci-fi book about a surviving child of a Mars expedition who was brought up by Martians...and later returned to Earth...where he took on some Earthly ways, and those around him (more so for close one such as his girlfriend), began taking on Martian ways. To grock something is to fully know what it is, to know it as though you had all the experiences of it, as though you had been it...it's one step more than understanding something.[/quote]
To have grocked it is to have been there, done that, only the experiences of these are all real for you because you grocked it to. In your memory. I never quite figured out how that one worked without a time travel memory. :?
We are all one and our memories too. Something like that. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:05 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
baddy wrote:

It's from "Stranger in a Strange Land," a sci-fi book about a surviving child of a Mars expedition who was brought up by Martians...and later returned to Earth...where he took on some Earthly ways, and those around him (more so for close one such as his girlfriend), began taking on Martian ways. To grock something is to fully know what it is, to know it as though you had all the experiences of it, as though you had been it...it's one step more than understanding something.

Quote:
To have grocked it is to have been there, done that, only the experiences of these are all real for you because you grocked it to. In your memory. I never quite figured out how that one worked without a time travel memory. :?
We are all one and our memories too. Something like that. :wink:

I'm still tryin' to grock a tomato!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:25 am 

I've been trying to grock a certain nurse I met recently, mmmm oh wait I may be using the wrong word there :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:56 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
baddy wrote:

We are all one and our memories too. Something like that. :wink:[/quote]

Bodhisatva

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:07 am 

Interesting home project "happened to me today"...

Hooking up a portable (7000w), generator as the power is known to go out for days out here on the outskirts of town. We get good serious hurricanes living on the coast, and when the power goes down they fix the more populated areas first b4 they get to us fringe folks.

Not as hard as I expected...total cost $2400. A licensed electrician is required to break into the incoming power, so I can't do it all myself, but that's the only hitch.

Step 1 is to select ten circuits I want to have energized from the generator....

...for that it's necessasary for a pretty good aerobic workout: Identifing which breakers go to the different house circuits...for that I pulled out my trusty boom box, starting at the second floor, plugging it in to the outlets and running down to the basement and throwing breakers until the radio stops....

...then back up the stairs to the second floor to move the radio to the next desired outlet...

...by the time you get through the house for most outlets and lights, you have run up and down a million stairs, (took 2 hours to do all).

So ten pounds lighter I had a list of breakers, and could select my ten:

Furnace
Sump circuit 1
Sump circuit for backup pump / cellar ceiling lights.
Refrigerator / living room tv
Porch computer / radio / stereo
Living room desk outlets / cable modem (phone, tv, Internet) / washing machine (not dryer)
Bedroom TV / downstairs bathroom light / fan
Bedroom bed table
Outside flood lights for driveway / doorway / generator area
Kitchen outlets (three out of four)

You can get switches that do other numbers of circuits, but with ten I think I should be stylin', even in one of those nasty week-long-outage mega ice / snow storms :)

Of course if grid is down, cable tv/Internet will likely be down, and cable line repair gets second priority to electric...so to cover that I can get a hot spot from my job...if the towers are active, then I can stay on line :)

That's how ya do it :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:36 am 

CHain of my bicycle snapped in half, had to walk home, two hour journey. I need a massage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:59 am 

How did your knee hold up?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:47 am 

My joints themselves held up, fortunately. Right knee seems to be cured. But unfortunately it does look like the muscles in my lower left leg are still having trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:42 pm 

You don't wanna know! Trust me. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:08 pm 

I got the my oil changed.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:19 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

It's *the* or *my*, but not both Mr. Noomies. You Plooked that one! Ha! :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:22 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

Wow, you're a wildman. Let me know when you top off your wiper fluid...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321 ... 340  Next