Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 ... 370  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:48 pm 

The lads just about flipped the the boat in race one today, race two was called off....too much wind!

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, I think its still anybodys regatta, anybody with millions or is that billions of dollars that is. :|

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:56 pm 

Team USA started two points behind. Rules violations. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:15 am 

Don't tell anybody but Larry Big Bucks Ellison has a few Kiwis on his team, they probably helped with the violation(s) :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:06 am 

Image They should use the good old Hobie 18, I would kick ass.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:54 pm 

bravo sierra wrote:
They should use the good old Hobie 18, I would kick ass.
team bravo sierra, backed by the slime.o syndicate ... it'll sweep the ocean; we'll show those miserable point-shaving kiwi cunts how it's really done

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
bravo sierra wrote:
They should use the good old Hobie 18, I would kick ass.
team bravo sierra, backed by the slime.o syndicate ... it'll sweep the ocean; we'll show those miserable point-shaving kiwi cunts how it's really done

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:51 pm 

Damn straight, just so I have enough beer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:48 pm 

Typhoon Man-yi hits Japan raising fears about Fukushima nuclear plant
By North Asia correspondent Mark Willacy

Typhoon Man-yi has hit central Japan as officials issued a "special warning" of heavy rain, amid fears the storm could go on to hit the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.

The typhoon is generating heavy rain and wind gusts of more than 140 kilometres per hour.

It is tracking north-east along the main Japanese island of Honshu at a speed of 45 kilometres per hour and was expected to pass over Fukushima this afternoon.

TEPCO workers at the plant are battening down the site as the typhoon approaches.

They have attached ropes to outdoor piping and pumps, and are using large weights to try to prevent cranes from possibly toppling over.

With torrential rains expected this afternoon, there are fears that more contaminated water will seep into the groundwater and flow into the sea.

Crews have struggled to contain the nuclear plant after an earthquake and tsunami in 2011 triggered an atomic disaster and led to the contamination of groundwater with radioactive materials.

The typhoon had already brought heavy rain and strong winds to the south and east before even hitting Japan.

Where's Godzilla when you need him?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:01 am 

Big shooting at some DC Naval Yard. At least ten people down, two possible shooters. CNN keeps emphasizing it's "a very fluid situation." Does this mean that Jeff Beck's involved?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
Big shooting at some DC Naval Yard. At least ten people down, two possible shooters. CNN keeps emphasizing it's "a very fluid situation." Does this mean that Jeff Beck's involved?

Yes there is definitely a lot of emotion and commotion at the shipyard, Fox News who were there in a flash and purport to only report the truth have the place wired and are providing a blow by blow coverage saying one of the shooters who was discribed as having crazy legs and looked like he had been there and back was heard to shout you had it coming. The authorities response appears to be rough and ready They have served warrants on Frankies house and Jeffs Beck's guitar shop I wonder who else will be implicated in this crime?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:45 am 

Scottish comedian Billy Connolly has had surgery for prostate cancer and is being treated for the ‘‘initial symptoms’’ of Parkinson’s Disease.
‘‘Billy Connolly recently underwent minor surgery in America after being diagnosed with the very early stages of prostate cancer,’’ the statement said.
‘The operation was a total success, and Billy is fully recovered.
‘‘In addition, Billy has been assessed as having the initial symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, for which he is receiving the appropriate treatment.
‘‘Billy has been assured by experts that the findings will in no way inhibit or affect his ability to work, and he will start filming a TV series in the near future, as well as undertaking an extensive theatrical tour of New Zealand in the new year.’’

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:07 pm 

Sad about Billy... he's one of my favourite Zappa fans.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:19 am 

Forbes 400: The richest get richer, but Bill is still on top

Forbes richest 400: The members of the Forbes 400 list of the richest US citizens increased their total net worth to $2.02 trillion this year, even as the rest of the population stagnates financially. Microsoft founder Bill Gates topped the Forbes 400 for the 20th straight year.

By Schuyler Velasco, Staff writer / September 16, 2013

The wealthiest Americans got even wealthier in 2013, by a lot. The 2013 Forbes 400 List, released today, found that the 400 richest US citizens increased their combined net worth to $2.02 trillion this year, up $300 billion from 1.7 trillion in 2012. That’s an all-time record, and, according to Forbes, is about the same as the gross domestic product of Russia. The minimum net worth needed to make the Forbes 400 list was $1.3 billion – the highest since 2008 and a figure that kept 61 American billionaires off the list entirely.

Only 30 members of the Forbes 400 saw their net worth fall over the past year; 314 members of the list saw their wealth grow.

The list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:42 pm 

:roll:

So called sentient beings really can't figure out what's wrong with that?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:59 am 

AARRRrrrrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:17 pm 

Magnitude-5.3 quake hits #Fukushima

http://fukushimaupdate.com/magnitude-5- ... fukushima/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 pm 

Guy finds his house plumbed with beer........only in New Zealand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_wfMK7dko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:18 am 

Great prank! I'd love that to happen here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:03 am 

It can't happen here... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:33 am 

With your secret basement, who knows?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:39 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Guy finds his house plumbed with beer........only in New Zealand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_wfMK7dko

I wish I had friends like that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 pm 

Texas appeals court throws out Tom DeLay money-laundering conviction

By Michael Muskal and Molly Hennessy-Fiske September 19, 2013, 11:37 a.m.

HOUSTON -- Tom DeLay, who was forced out as Republican House majority leader in 2005 because of felony money laundering charges, was exonerated Thursday by a Texas appeals court.

The Texas 3rd Court of Appeals said the evidence in the case was “legally insufficient,” and in a sharp 2-1 ruling, with two Republican judges ruling against a dissenting Democrat, the court cleared DeLay, a fierce GOP conservative. DeLay had represented a Houston district, and as House leader earned the nickname “The Hammer” for his iron-fisted control of his colleagues.

“It is ordered, adjudged and decreed by the Court that the trial court’s judgments of conviction be reversed; and judgments are rendered that the defendant, Thomas Dale DeLay, is not guilty of the offenses of money laundering and conspiracy to commit money laundering, as charged in the indictment,” the court ruled in a 22-page decision. The court said DeLay, now 66, would “be discharged from all further liability for such offenses and charges.”

It was those activist judges...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:13 am 

U of Alabama ends 'whites only' sororities

Four black women were admitted to traditionally all-white sororities at the University of Alabama Friday. Earlier this month, two black women were passed over by all-white sororities because of pressure from alumnae.

By Staff, Associated Press / September 21, 2013

Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Black women are joining traditionally white sororities at the University of Alabama amid efforts to end racial segregation within Greek-letter social groups, the head of the school said Friday.

University President Judy Bonner said 11 black students and three students from other minority groups received bids, or invitations, to join a historically white sorority. Of that group, four black students and two students from other minority backgrounds have accepted those invitations, Bonner said. She expected the numbers to rise as the academic year continues.

"I am confident that we will achieve our objective of a Greek system that is inclusive, accessible and welcoming to students of all races and ethnicities," Bonner said in a video statement. "We will not tolerate anything less."

The university's Greek organizations have been segregated by race since the first black students enrolled and created social organizations. One oversight organization has been composed of white sororities and the other composed of minority sororities. Only a handful of blacks attempted to join the historically white Greek groups at Alabama, where there are also historically black fraternities and sororities.

They call Alabama the Crimson Tide; call me Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:15 pm 

Man rescued from tar tank at local plant

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Rescue crews worked for hours to pull a man from a large tank at an industrial plant.

The victim, identified as Earl Robinson by family members, is a pipe cutter at Atlantic Coast Asphalt on Soutel Drive. At the time of the accident he was going into the tank to cut a pipe.

Rescue crews responded after he became stuck around 3 p.m. Friday.

He became stuck in about two feet of tar, which reached up to his knees. Crews even used peanut oil in an attempt to free the man from the tar.

When that didn't work, crews cut through the side of the massive tank to pull him out.

Robinson was taken to UF Health for treatment. His family told Action News he is OK.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:45 am 

Then, one September day, tucked away on Robert Fripp's diary...

"So, King Crimson is in motion. This is a very different reformation to what has gone before: seven players, four English and three American, with three drummers.

The Seven-Headed Beast of Crim is in Go! mode."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 ... 370  Next