Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322 ... 341  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:17 pm 

Yeah, the guy at Jiffy Lube told me I need new tires.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Last edited by Ronny's Noomies on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:19 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I got the my oil changed.

It's *the* or *my*, but not both Mr. Noomies. You Plooked that one! Ha! :wink: :mrgreen:

I did? Where?

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:38 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I got the my oil changed.

It's *the* or *my*, but not both Mr. Noomies. You Plooked that one! Ha! :wink: :mrgreen:

I did? Where?

Read what you wrote. I underlined it. Is it your oil or just the oil you had changed? NBD :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:01 pm 

GOTCHA!! :mrgreen:

Couldn't resist.... But thanks, I need editing!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:20 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

and new tyres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

Oh, a wise guy ,eh? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuknucklehead! :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:55 pm 

BBP wrote:
CHain of my bicycle snapped in half, had to walk home, two hour journey.

Hate it when that happens.
And of course it has to happen at the furthest point out from home.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:57 pm 

Tweaked my back picking peaches :|

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:04 pm 

Got dem ol' peach picker pains MB? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:53 pm 

Heard today:
There have been plans for over 10 years to rebuild the 1958 Philips pavillion of the World Exhibition in Eindhoven, the pavillion designed by Le Corbusier's assistant, composer Yannis Xenakis, and for which Edgar Varèse composed the music. For the financing, the builders will need 8 million euros. Unfortunately the municipality won't chip in.

Anybody here got a spare 8 million?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:38 am 

Off to Merrie Englande for a school trip on Sunday. Canterbury, Bath, Oxford and London. I get to spend most of my time preventing pupils from drinking. Still, at least I get to see my siblings.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 pm 

I haven't been here for a month, that's what I've been doing. Been looooooking for work, applying hither and yon, had a few interviews with a call-back. Mom forgot about a phone call, she's hard of hearing even with the hearing aid and doesn't mute the tv when she answers the phone. She couldn't understand what the person said and it sounded like a sales call (we've been getting a lot), then the other day she wasn't sure whether it was a sales call or not. D'oh! I'll have to go to the store tomorrow and ask about it. I was supposed to hear from them if there was going to a third interview. Thanks, Ma. It was going to be a regular position, not Christmas help. If nothing else, maybe they'll hire me for Christmas. Every other interview has been for seasonal help, so I was surprised. Getting slightly discouraged because the bank of jobs in the many sites I go to is dwindling. Boo hooicus.

Got my car back from the garage today, after being there for a week. I was going to the movies, and suddenly, it was making a ticking/knocking sound, I could hardly turn the steering wheel, so I called AAA. Under the hood, coolant had splashed all over the engine and the serpentine belt had come off. Whee. This garage does good work, but they keep you hanging....they never call when they say they will----kinda like an errant boyfriend. :wink: Mom had her car in previously, and they would never give her any info unless she rang them. Flakes! Anyway, it's good to have me auto back, don't have to borrow Mom's and we don't have to waste our day waiting. I called them myself today because I was tired of waiting. Back to the real world once again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 pm 

dove_grey wrote:
I haven't been here for a month, that's what I've been doing. Been looooooking for work, applying hither and yon, had a few interviews with a call-back. Mom forgot about a phone call, she's hard of hearing even with the hearing aid and doesn't mute the tv when she answers the phone. She couldn't understand what the person said and it sounded like a sales call (we've been getting a lot), then the other day she wasn't sure whether it was a sales call or not. D'oh! I'll have to go to the store tomorrow and ask about it. I was supposed to hear from them if there was going to a third interview. Thanks, Ma. It was going to be a regular position, not Christmas help. If nothing else, maybe they'll hire me for Christmas. Every other interview has been for seasonal help, so I was surprised. Getting slightly discouraged because the bank of jobs in the many sites I go to is dwindling. Boo hooicus.

Got my car back from the garage today, after being there for a week. I was going to the movies, and suddenly, it was making a ticking/knocking sound, I could hardly turn the steering wheel, so I called AAA. Under the hood, coolant had splashed all over the engine and the serpentine belt had come off. Whee. This garage does good work, but they keep you hanging....they never call when they say they will----kinda like an errant boyfriend. :wink: Mom had her car in previously, and they would never give her any info unless she rang them. Flakes! Anyway, it's good to have me auto back, don't have to borrow Mom's and we don't have to waste our day waiting. I called them myself today because I was tired of waiting. Back to the real world once again.

Hey Dove your garage sounds like they need some help with their call backs, that could be a job opportunity right there.
Good luck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:03 pm 

dove_grey wrote:
Back to the real world once again.

Welcome back to the real world Dove, I hope you get the job you want... Maybe an answering machine would help the situation with hard hearing mom? :)

..and me I'm stuck in Mobile with the Memphis blues again. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:18 am 

A family member has let me and others down by wriggling out of commitments that he made a month ahead of time. He also "forgot" to acknowledge my father on his birthday. No call, No card. Grrrr! I'll think on this for 24 hrs before I do something that I regret and cause a greater rift in the family.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:33 pm 

Hey Dove, good to see you! Good luck on the job hunting!
Tough luck Miltie, stay strong...

Took my sister out shopping, something I totally resent with my odd sizes. I'm built like a small convertible and have such large feet that most stores don't even stock my shoe size. My opinion on shopping has not changed since. But I did take her to the lovely design home, which hosts many silly gadgets and fun T-shirts. Had some fun with a spaghetti fork, with a little handle at the end that you can turn to spin the prongs, like an old-fashioned drill or one of those tiny screwdrivers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:14 pm 

dove_grey wrote:

Good luck Dove, keep it up some places will hire you if you bug them enough just to shut you up... :wink: ...I know from experience... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:18 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
A family member has let me and others down by wriggling out of commitments that he made a month ahead of time. He also "forgot" to acknowledge my father on his birthday. No call, No card. Grrrr! I'll think on this for 24 hrs before I do something that I regret and cause a greater rift in the family.

Don't take it so hard. The year my kids remember my birthday I'll probably drop dead from a heart attack.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:21 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:

Don't take it so hard. The year my kids remember my birthday I'll probably drop dead from a heart attack.

I hear ya. I can pick my nose but I can't pick my family.

Or their noses for that matter. :smurf:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:39 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:

I hear ya. I can pick my nose but I can't pick my family.

Or their noses for that matter. :smurf:

Sometimes I think that's why Mother & Fathers daze are such big deals now. They advertise therefor the kids remember. Sad but true. I never forgot a Mother or Father's Day and was lucky to have both parents born in August. I'd send one card wishing them both Happy B-daze around the 1st. It would stay on top of the mantel or tube until September.
Even if I forgot I'd call and apologize "like they want me to" by saying "do you still love me? Like I want you to?!?". It was cool, my folks knew who FZ was. Moms and pops really liked GWazoo if I didn't turn it up to much. They also liked Hot Rats and even WeazilsRMF was tolerable. But put on Freak Out! or ZinNY and the deals off bub. :)

EDIT: You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose without mutual consent. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:52 am 

Wow my brother sold his house went to college got a history degree, this in his 50's, you know always wanted a degree like his friends and to prove to him self he was smart, so about a couple years ago he stopped returning mail and phone calls to me and when I finally got in touch with him he told me we had nothing in common any more and to stop contacting him, I responded by trying to joke and said we share the same genes, and he hung up on me haven't heard from him since.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:53 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Wow my brother sold his house went to college got a history degree, this in his 50's, you know always wanted a degree like his friends and to prove to him self he was smart, so about a couple years ago he stopped returning mail and phone calls to me and when I finally got in touch with him he told me we had nothing in common any more and to stop contacting him, I responded by trying to joke and said we share the same genes, and he hung up on me haven't heard from him since.

Some sort of religious cult?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:01 am 

I don't think so, maybe he just has that i'm an educated elitist intellectual,and don't have time for any one not on my advanced level, not even my brother.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:38 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I don't think so, maybe he just has that i'm an educated elitist intellectual,and don't have time for any one not on my advanced level, not even my brother.

Sounds weird BS. Like he worked to look down his nose at folks. To bad he can't or won't teach what he's learned or put it to practical use, like a job or self employment. Now he just sounds like a wannabe snob. :|

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 pm 

Well it doesn't help that I told him I thought a history degree was great but wouldn't be as good in the job market in todays economy as other degrees or skills. He responded that he did not get his degree to make money he wanted an education. I think he is a somewhat successful salesman of some product, which is great, but i wouldn't bitch about school debt and a big mort. in the process
.You know how snobs are all their friends are ok but an outsider isn't welcome. You just would think a sibling would be the difference. Oh Well

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322 ... 341  Next