Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: re: roxy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:49 am 

balint wrote:
... what is "Of The Old Jazzmen's Church" in the title of BeBop Tango?

this might be what frank was conjuring up when he conceived the bbt

Quote:
jazz vespers, began in nyc in the 1960s

pastor j.gensel befriended the city’s musicians and designed a service of prayer and jazz for
folks who couldn’t make it to sunday morning services after playing late night gigs on saturday
night... formulated for 'fringe' folks not comfortable in a regular church service; held in the campus
coffee house, with its laid-back and interactive environment, the service is an eclectic mix of
corporate prayer, spoken verse, ambient art, and live jazz ... through these elements, we walk
through an ancient service of prayer [vespers] in a creative, informal, and multi-sensory way...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:03 am 

brainpang wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Funny, bp. :)
Careful though, that's the kinda thing that people get uppity and demand for your removal... just sayin'.

Well, then the Zappa fans here are FAGGOTS and should go home and get their SHINE BOXES and polish my knob.

Is that a better stab at humor? I DO appreciate the advice. My mind runs dark.

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Someone needs a hug.

On Friday, I was thinking about this. Minds run dark, some folks then need a hug, ok. But, I'm thinkin rather bp needs to vent.
I had promised my wife that I'd take her to a show Friday night. The exact kind of show that you'd hate bp. I was thinking of how much you could really have benefitted from being there, hating on Fran Healy and the rest of Travis. The dippy, bored bass player. The guitarist who actually went out into the crowd during a solo! The drummer played. Oh, I know just how much you'd hate it, so I want you to get the full benefit here - This is the 3rd time we've seen them over the years. My wife loves the band. The songs are always performed exactly the same. Well, not always. During one song, everyone gathered around Fran to sing with him while he played acoustic guitar. Then the bass player took over the strumming while the guitarist took over the fretting. Playful! There were tons of superfans singing along with every song. This is their comeback after taking 6 years off to be with their family. Let the hatred flow through.
As for me, it all works out as sometimes she'll even go with to see Eugene Chadbourne or P/O or nearly anything if the circumstance is right. She drew the line on 200 Motels, but no relationship is perfect.
So bp, I hope I found a good outlet for your bile, enjoy the pic bp, this one's for you...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:58 pm 

On topic again. The Acadian made sense to me, or Kapt.kirk or whomever said that the ZFT could have made some useful cash from ROXY/PROXY and they could have done some or all the synch between the available and usable film footage to the soundtrack which I believe is most of the reason for this forever delay.

There is a release of Jimi's performance at the Miami Pop Festival and some other concert footage in a Blu Ray/DVD called "Hear My Train A'Comin" coming out in Nov. Even during his short career, anything Jimi sells and sells well.

The ROXY Movie might be the last thing in the vault which could sell in significant numbers.

I think there are a few thousand of us worldwide who will buy anything FZ until we die, but each ZFT product is, by its very nature, more obscure and less likely to sell. I hope we get lots more, but we are a dwindling few...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:06 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
On Friday, I was thinking about this. Minds run dark, some folks then need a hug, ok. But, I'm thinkin rather bp needs to vent.

That is more prescient then you may realize!
I've heard of Travis PICKLE, but this Travis is unknown to me. Thank you for taking the hit and keeping me safe from bad voodoo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:55 am 

Barfko-Swill • Roxy by Proxy CD Pre-Order

Items in this department are available for pre-order and will ship on or around October 18, 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:49 am 

That is a reasonable delay, hope we hear more about the availability of Road Tapes 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:07 am 

tweezers wrote:
That is a reasonable delay, hope we hear more about the availability of Road Tapes 2

Soon and it's gonna be GREAT!! A big surprise.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:21 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Items in this department are available for pre-order and will ship on or around October 18, 2013.

I'm not sure "suggested" is an accurate description of Mr. Batts intent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:42 am 

duchamp wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

I'm not sure "suggested" is an accurate description of Mr. Batts intent.

Either way he paid the price. And then Tommy did later. hahahahahahahaaaaaa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:19 pm 

You don't kill a made man.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:29 pm 

Jesus....

Here's some yin for your yang:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:10 pm 

NuclearProstate wrote:

No Roxy by Proxy!?! Fugetaboutit!
PenguinInBondage wrote:

The bunny scares me. Something about that wabbit sez: "I'm evil and your mothers in here with us" :evil:

Bwahahahahah! :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:05 am 

"Go on, Boors.... chop his head off."
"Right! One rabbit stew, coming right up."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:21 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Jesus....

Here's some yin for your yang:

Dawwwww... :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:57 am 

I try not to pay any attention to when things come out, too old for that, life moves too fast without anticipating the future, but gotta admit I am jonesing for this release (the first CD of 2013, mind you)

Thank you, I feel much better now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:15 am 

I will have to choose between GTA5 for pc and the Roxy movie i take the 1st that pop up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:18 am 

It's been great on my PS3! :mrgreen:

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:31 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
It's been great on my PS3! :mrgreen:

did you stole the jet on air military base yet?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:55 am 

ZutboF wrote:

Ha - not yet but funny you should mention it because a co-worker was just talking to me about that this morning!

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
ZutboF wrote:

Ha - not yet but funny you should mention it because a co-worker was just talking to me about that this morning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0H-LvyVxnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmwvWIGyZGE

you can see more videos about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:20 pm 

GTA V PS3 I'm just aimlessly driving around exploring the city it's huge, I stopped "playing" the game after destroying the house where the tennis coach was hiding out. When I get bored with the grand tour I'll get back on message, but for now I'm happily robbing my way around the landscape. So far I haven't found any random weapons or body armour lying around yet, the cops are a little intense, but it's fun all the same.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:36 pm 

o crap - seriously? Go over to Mothersbasement.com for game shit. Let's get on with the music--

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:55 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
GTA V PS3 I'm just aimlessly driving around exploring the city it's huge, I stopped "playing" the game after destroying the house where the tennis coach was hiding out. When I get bored with the grand tour I'll get back on message, but for now I'm happily robbing my way around the landscape. So far I haven't found any random weapons or body armour lying around yet, the cops are a little intense, but it's fun all the same.

Well this weekend, most of my son's friends, and my son included, were grounded because of terrible quizz scores from school. It is no coincidence that GTAV came out on sept. 17. That the lessons had to be learned in the two weeks following that release. The class average score on the quizz was 5/20. I would wager that you could probly prove that last weekend there was a huge drop in the internet connections to the game because of this phenomenon..

Now back to our program....

This release is going to be bitchen! Did you know that the Roxy belonged to Elmer!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:37 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
If GTA 5 come for PC i want to try to become rich without making any crime i'll even stop at red light with my car. My friends found it funny they said you should play sims lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm 

ZutboF wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
If GTA 5 come for PC i want to try to become rich without making any crime i'll even stop at red light with my car. My friends found it funny they said you should play sims lol

:mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 39  Next