The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Google Conspiracy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:33 pm 
Banned

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Hahaha! Is there a conspiracy you don't believe? Or do you just swallow everything whole?

for people like mr. green genes, believing in conspiracy theories is an easy way to explain things they wouldn't otherwise understand.

Agreed.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:04 pm 

Isaac wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Hahaha! Is there a conspiracy you don't believe? Or do you just swallow everything whole?

for people like mr. green genes, believing in conspiracy theories is an easy way to explain things they wouldn't otherwise understand.

Agreed.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

HAHHAHA! don't do your own research, don't think for yourself, just keep telling yerself youse is clever psychoanamalysts! Yessir!

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:07 pm 

FOWL wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Agreed.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

HAHHAHA! don't do your own research, don't think for yourself, just keep telling yerself youse is clever psychoanamalysts! Yessir!

I don't believe I said that. I just wanted to know if there are any conspiracies you don't believe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:23 pm 
Banned

FOWL wrote:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddjgyojctx3

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:43 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

FOWL wrote:

"do your own research?" the internet is full of conspiracy theories.
you call finding them "research"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:00 am 

I wonder how much do you really know about research...

Anyway... To read in between the lines of this breaking news substitute the word "terrorist" for "ordinary citizens":

US seeks terrorists in web worlds
Monday, 3 March 2008, 11:32 GMT

The US government has begun a project to develop ways to spot terrorists who are using virtual worlds.

Codenamed Reynard it aims to recognise "normal" behaviour in online worlds and home in on anomalous activity.

It is likely to develop tools and techniques for intelligence officers who are hunting terrorists and terror groups on the net or in virtual worlds.

The project was welcomed by experts tracking terror groups using the net to organise or carry out attacks.

Growing threat

Brief details about Reynard came to light in a report sent to the US Congress by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) - which co-ordinates the work of US intelligence agencies.

In that report, which talked about the data mining efforts undertaken by the ODNI, Reynard was described as: "a seedling effort to study the emerging phenomenon of social (particularly terrorist) dynamics in virtual worlds and large-scale online games and their implications for the intelligence community".

Using publicly available data Reynard researchers will carry out observational studies to establish "baseline normative behaviors".

Once these are identified, Reynard will "then apply the lessons learned to determine the feasibility of automatically detecting suspicious behavior and actions in the virtual world".(...)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7274377.stm

Who are the brain police?

[sorry, my bold]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:53 am 
Banned

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

I wonder if you know that just because you find something on the Internet, that doesn't make it true. If I wrote up a rambling article claiming that Bush is actually a vampire, and signed it under the name of Alex Jones, would you believe it? Hell, if Alex Jones actually started screaming "Bush is a vampire! He wants to eat your brains so he can gain your knowledge!", would you believe it?

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:13 am 

Isaac wrote:
I wonder if you know that just because you find something on the Internet, that doesn't make it true.

Doesn't necessarily means it is a lie neither. Or is every word you write here a lie, because they are on the internet?

I have the slightest sense of how to evaluate, validate and cross check references and information... I've been trained to do so...

Isaac wrote:
If I wrote up a rambling article claiming that Bush is actually a vampire, and signed it under the name of Alex Jones, would you believe it?

Hell, no. That would be just plain fraudulent...

Isaac wrote:
Hell, if Alex Jones actually started screaming "Bush is a vampire! He wants to eat your brains so he can gain your knowledge!", would you believe it?
Isaac

Hell, no! I would know right away you have written it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:25 am 
Banned

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I have the slightest sense of how to evaluate, validate and cross check references and information...

Against other blogs written by insane people. :roll:

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
... I've been trained to do so...

By the U.S. government, who created a race of mutant conspiracy theorists to spread outrageous lies about it to discredit legitimate conspiracy theorists so they can split open our skulls and implant alien eggs so we can help bring forth a mass invasion? :roll:

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:30 am 

Isaac wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I have the slightest sense of how to evaluate, validate and cross check references and information...

Against other blogs written by insane people. :roll:

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
... I've been trained to do so...

By the U.S. government, who created a race of mutant conspiracy theorists to spread outrageous lies about it to discredit legitimate conspiracy theorists so they can split open our skulls and implant alien eggs so we can help bring forth a mass invasion? :roll:

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

What is your point, are you trying to get away from the debate focus, or just plain trying to insult me, kid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:52 am 
Banned

My point is that you seemingly believe every conspiracy theory out there regardless of the fact that the majority of these theories have absolutely zero concrete evidence to support them. Anybody can make up some asinine theory, usually for their own amusement as to how many tinfoil-wearing nutcases will believe that theory, or because they cannot accept the fact that certain events - such as Al-Qaeda's attacks on the World Trade Center buildings would ever happen, and that there must be some simple explanation - "oh, no, it was all a plot by the government." Conspiracy theorists also tend to pick and choose their own versions of reality.

You've often gone off about certain people who were there on September 11th, who've since claimed facets that fit in with the various conspiracy theories that the government was somehow involved with the attacks, etc. What you neglect to mention is that there were many more there who have given accounts that were completely the opposite of the claims that you push as truth, neglecting these claims. Whenever conspiracy theorists present any material that doesn't confirm with their view on things, they immediately claim bias, that the material contains lies, half-truths, that they aren't presenting the "other side" of things. You only have one world view and anything that challenges your views doesn't exist. You attack my credibility because I am making statements that do not confirm with your views, and thus, you wish to discredit me.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:11 am 

You really don't know what you are talking about, kid, you are only raising false accusations ad making claims you can't or won't back up. In fact you are doing the very same thing you are accusing myself of doing.

But I really don't want to waste much more time arguing with you, who has proved beyond doubt, within the last days, that you are the one in bad need of psychiatric help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:13 am 
Banned

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
You really don't know what you are talking about, kid, you are only raising false accusations ad making claims you can't or won't back up.

Like the claim that 9/11 was an inside job?

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I really don't want to waste much more time arguing with you, who has proved beyond doubt, within the last days, that you are the one in bad need of psychiatric help...

There has been nothing that I have done this week, last week, or any other week, that paints me as crazy. You, on the other hand, believe that the government wants to eat your brains and gain your knowledge. :roll:

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:16 am 
Banned

You really want to prove that you are more credible than me? Forward me to one legitimate shred of evidence towards your repeated claims that 9/11 was an inside job. That means something from a legitimate publication, such as a newspaper. Not some blog. Not something written by conspiracy theorist nutjobs such as yourself.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:35 am 

Isaac wrote:
You really want to prove that you are more credible than me?
Isaac

Anyone is more credible than you...

The subject here is google and the internet, please, if you can't really contribute: just shut the fuck up...

For 9/11 find one of the many pertinent threads...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:43 am 
Banned

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Anyone is more credible than you...

Isaac wrote:
Whenever conspiracy theorists present any material that doesn't confirm with their view on things, they immediately claim bias, that the material contains lies, half-truths, that they aren't presenting the "other side" of things. You only have one world view and anything that challenges your views doesn't exist.

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
IF you keep trolling, changing subjects and attacking me in every thread or post I do...

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
you are the one in bad need of psychiatric help...

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
"do your own research?" the internet is full of conspiracy theories.
you call finding them "research"?

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Yes, I am really stupid. Would you care to explain it to me, please, your highness?

brainpang wrote:
Mr. Green Genes thinks that anyone who does not buy into his version of events is an idiot.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:54 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Isaac wrote:
I wonder if you know that just because you find something on the Internet, that doesn't make it true.

Doesn't necessarily means it is a lie neither. Or is every word you write here a lie, because they are on the internet?

I would say "yes" to that. In terms of new research, the burden of proof is on the researcher. So I have more faith in things backed up by evidence. So, in cases of rumors and speculations (which I think is what most of the internet is made up of nowadays), my default evaluation is "lie". When evidence is presented, things get interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:08 am 

The internet is only a medium. The big difference of the internet to old fashion press is that you gain active access to alternative explanations and revealing of factual information such as documents for example or live TV takes FOX or CNN won't be playing again. You don't get stuck on the filters of major mass media corporations, which own 99,99% of all old mainstream media (TV/radio/press) and are quickly moving to monopolize the net as well...

Sure there is a LOT of bullshit and disinformation out there, I never said that that isn't true, but same is just valid (if not more) of mainstream media. The internet is WAY more interactive regarding your possibilities of digging information, crosschecking and etc. Even to find for strict scientific information, if you have access to powerful databases such as Web of Science and al., all pretty much in real time...

The burden of proof aways lies with the accusation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:56 am 

Google could be superseded, says web inventor
The next generation of web technology is likely to be far more powerful than the current crop, Tim Berners-Lee said

Google may eventually be displaced as the pre-eminent brand on the internet by a company that harnesses the power of next-generation web technology, the inventor of the World Wide Web has said.

The search giant had developed an extremely effective way of searching for pages on the internet, Tim Berners-Lee said, but that ability paled in comparison to what could be achieved on the "web of the future", which he said would allow any piece of information — such as a photo or a bank statement — to be linked to any other.

Mr Berners-Lee said that in the same way, the "current craze" for social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace would eventually be superseded by networks that connected all types of things — not just people — thanks to a ground-breaking technology known as the "semantic web".

The semantic web is the term used by the computer and internet industry to describe the next phase of the web's development, and essentially involves building web-based connectivity into any piece of data — not just a web page — so that it can "communicate" with other information. (...)

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article3532832.ece

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:13 pm 

Years later...

Protests follow Google 'endorsed advert' change

Google is facing a backlash over plans to put people's faces and comments about products and places into adverts.

The "shared endorsements" policy change starts on 11 November and covers the comments, "follows" and other actions people do on Google+.

One protest involves people swapping their profile pictures for that of Google boss Eric Schmidt so his image rather than their own appears on ads.

Google said it had made it easy for people to opt out of the system.

The search giant started alerting people about the upcoming policy change via banners on its main webpage and in a page explaining the change to its "policies and principles".

Google also gave examples of how the "shared endorsement" system might work. This showed people's faces and comments appearing below Street View images of a bagel shop and search results for products and places.

Many people protested about the change to Google, and some altered their image profiles on the Google+ social network in response.

So far, Google has not issued an official comment about the protests over "shared endorsements". However, in its explanatory pages it said it was easy to opt out of the system by clicking a box on the Google+ account settings page.

It warned that if people did not want to be part of the programme some of their comments and follows may no longer be visible to others they know on Google+.

Social network Facebook faced strong criticism over a similar system called "sponsored stories" it rolled out in 2011.

Legal action following the criticism eventually led to Facebook paying out $20m to compensate people whose images it used without permission.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24519300

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 pm 

They're just the dumbest fucking people. "Hey, we can share your stuff without asking you!" (Public backlash) "Okay, we won't do that!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:52 am 

The Google link at the beginning of this thread is no longer on Youtube...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:36 pm 

I get it that this is about google, but a recent experience showed me that for all the information authorities have, it needs a person on the end to read it, interpret and act on it.
I recently had to make a report against a sex offender who touched my daughter at our swimming pool, and who subsequently made threats to me on FB. Each time I complained, I had a different person taking notes and putting the info in the computer. Each time, not one of them knew much about any of the previous complaints. In my most recent conversation, the seargent stated astounding bollocks such as "we (the police) think FB is the devils tool", "I know everything about the matter" (she didn't know much at all), " collating all the information would be a duplication of work", "the police do not investigate banter and insults, and that 'I will sort you out' is an insult not a threat". When I met the MD of the leisure centre, he started with "facebook is a bad thing" shit too. There are many people in authority who are too dumb to use computers let alone FB. I worry more that not enough people are watching, because many more people are suffering from uncontrolled FB posts than by people in power 'controlling them'.
TT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:46 pm 

Years later: There is no data conspiracy. There is nothing to see here.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:51 pm 

feetlightup wrote:
As I age, I find that, like myself, the government just doesn't give a shit. I mean, these aren't evil geniuses we're dealing with. They're 2.0 graduates with a lot of desire for personal power. I personally don't believe they have the mental capacity to worry about what every single person is doing, nor do they care. They just like being the king.

They keep track of alot of people habits on the net they don't need to read it all unless you come on their map and start doing someting dangerous for their own power now they will look who you are and go back in your logs and bring your shit out.
edit:if you stay quiet and pay your bills they wont even know you are their, but go run for president now the red light pop up lol