Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:12 am 

I like your scientific response. Out of curiosity, is the Australian president pro man made global warming?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:21 am 

Actually, we don't have "presidents" here. We have a Prime Minister. And no, he's a Neanderthal who thinks that climate change is crap. Unfortunately, Rupert Murdoch and the shock jocks managed to convince a small majority of the voting buffoonery that he was worthy of electing.

Nice little red herring there, but it doesn't change the facts or the science.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:22 am 

Now I understand you opinion, political . Looks like your country is being hood winked on the subject as much as Obama is trying to do in the usa. This subject is getting people elected and making a few a fortune. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 9372,d.cGE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:54 am 

You really are a fucking idiot. I don't believe in man-made global warming for political reasons. I believe in it because of the overwhelming scientific consensus that it is real. Many people on both sides of politics believe the same thing. It also happens that I support (and voted for) the party which, inter alia, introduced a carbon tax (read "pollution tax") while in government and was planning to transition this to a market based Emissions Trading Scheme if it was re-elected.

Unfortunately it wasn't re-elected, so we now have the equivalent of your republican Tea Party running the show, and they're about to tear it all down. And its boofheads like you who voted them. Oh well, that's democracy for ya.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:16 am 

Oww name calling, I just posted arguments from highly regarded scientists. Disagree that's fine, but it obviously is NOT overwhelming evidence. That is my point, I could change my mind on the subject, but I think the subject is not fully understood, I am always skeptical of people who think they know every thing. As far as the usa goes; I think we will be ok , by the way we are a representative Republic. At least there are a few politicians that are concerned about spending more tax dollars than what comes in. if you read any thing on the global warming subject then how do YOU explain why the earth has cooled over the last 15 years, your idles say the heat is trapped in the ocean, what say you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:18 am 

Repeat - global warming deniers are no different than wacky conspiracy theorists. The level of ignorance from global warming deniers is astonishing.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:16 pm 

go to the link I posted above that scientist does still work for nasa, !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:16 pm 

Uncle Bernie wrote:
..... people who refuse to even consider the scientific evidence interpreted by the true experts, i.e. climate scientists.......are quite happy to believe any ratbag conspiracy theory which comes along, but not true scientific opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:15 am 

just who determines what a true expert is?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:26 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Oww name calling, I just posted arguments from highly regarded scientists

They aren't.

Quote:
That is my point, I could change my mind on the subject, but I think the subject is not fully understood

You won't change your mind, and I don't give a shit whether you do...but I think you should consider information from more reliable sources. You seem to think that no-one else understands the subject but you.

Quote:
As far as the usa goes; I think we will be ok

Well I wasn't talking about the USA but good luck with that.

Quote:
how do YOU explain why the earth has cooled over the last 15 years?

Easy. It hasn't.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-cooling-january-2007-to-january-2008.htm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:09 am 

The IPCC says the earth has cooled over the last 15 years they no longer dispute that, now they say the heat has been trapped in the oceans, you need to quite being so ideological and bone up on CURRENT facts. So have fun and argue with your prime minister at least he has an open mind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:42 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
just who determines what a true expert is?

The metaexperts.

btw, the experts have been proven wrong at least half the time so what they say is always suspect.

From the institute of expertology
: TV is a medium where a person who is wrong at least half the time is interviewed by another person whose chief qualification is that he has no opinion on the subject. From this encounter the truth is supposed to emerge.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:04 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:

: TV is a medium where a person who is wrong at least half the time is interviewed by another person whose chief qualification is that he has no opinion on the subject. From this encounter the truth is supposed to emerge.

I only wish the bolded part were actually true. If the individuals working for the various news sources were capable of complete objectivism then this entire debate would not even exist.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:44 pm 

my point exactly, Edison, fired Tesla, and said AC will never work for the public, Nuclear explosions were once thought to never end so they were very skeptical, tomatoes were once thought to be poisons. The world was thought to be flat, moving faster than the speed of sound was thought impossible, climate change has never been denied it is obvious, BUT co2 induced into the atmosphere by man is still up for debate , it is NOT a for gone conclusion !!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:01 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:

duchamp wrote:
I only wish the bolded part were actually true.

Right. It should read: another person whose chief qualification is that he/she voices only the opinions of the Network.

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
my point exactly, Edison, fired Tesla, and said AC will never work for the public, Nuclear explosions were once thought to never end so they were very skeptical, tomatoes were once thought to be poisons. The world was thought to be flat, moving faster than the speed of sound was thought impossible, climate change has never been denied it is obvious, BUT co2 induced into the atmosphere by man is still up for debate , it is NOT a for gone conclusion !!!

I wonder if we're better off knowing the world is round.

More Famous Quotes
"A Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor is a strategic impossibility" - Major George Fielding Eliot, The American Mercury, September 1938

"Atmospheric nuclear tests do not seriously endanger either present or future generations" - Dr Edward Teller, Life Feb 10 1958

"Even if polar ice caps melted, there would be no rise in the ocean levels....after all, if you have a glass of water with ice in it, as the ice melts, it simply turns to liquid and the water level in the glass remains the same" - Rush Limbaugh, nationally syndicated radio host, June 19, 1992

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:12 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
The IPCC says the earth has cooled over the last 15 years they no longer dispute that, now they say the heat has been trapped in the oceans, you need to quite being so ideological and bone up on CURRENT facts. So have fun and argue with your prime minister at least he has an open mind.

Our Prime Minister has an open mind?! That shows how much you know about that issue. He actually said he thought climate change was "crap". Is that what you call an open mind? Do you agree with that statement?

As far as the IPCC quote is concerned, can you show us all the source of that info? Looks to me that it may have been cherry-picked from some report or other...out of context to the rest of the report, as is the usual form with deniers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:32 am 

Good lord the ipcc is the entity that has been driving YOUR opinion, that is why it is so interesting. They are not giving up the man caused global warming theory; just that the pesky little fact that the earth has cooled over all during the last 15 years, they explain it by saying the heat is trapped in the oceans, so... I can only surmise that your opinions are based on very little scientific knowledge if you are not aware of this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:24 pm 

Whoever claims that the Earth has cooled is simply lying and/or are grossly misinformed....

'Converted' climate change skeptic says humans 'almost entirely the cause' of global warming

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... finds.html

`Unmistakable' Evidence Shows World Getting Warmer, NOAA Says

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-2 ... -says.html

Earth getting warmer, human activity the cause

http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/com ... 779157.php

World Meteorological Organization concludes planet is getting warmer

http://www.minnpost.com/environment/201 ... ing-warmer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:35 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Good lord the ipcc is the entity that has been driving YOUR opinion, that is why it is so interesting. They are not giving up the man caused global warming theory; just that the pesky little fact that the earth has cooled over all during the last 15 years, they explain it by saying the heat is trapped in the oceans, so... I can only surmise that your opinions are based on very little scientific knowledge if you are not aware of this.

This is so much bullshit, its not even funny. The Earth hasn't cooled over the last 15 years and I defy you to show me the evidence from any IPCC report that is has. You're probably relying once again on bullshit interpretations from the clowns you seem to pay attention to.

Have you read any of the IPCC reports? I haven't, but I've read a couple of summaries and they concur with the generally accepted scientific opinion. If you read any of the IPCC stuff you might at least stop and consider that maybe your boofheaded sources aren't so reliable after all.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-cooling.htm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:22 am 

Ok this is silly, I posted the ipcc report several posts ago, believe what you want.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:24 am 

It's still bullshit and Al Gore is still a twatwaffle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am 

+1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:41 am 

Al Gore made that movie solely to provide further funding for his continued search for ManBearPig.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:46 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:

Compared to what?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:54 am 

phydeaux3 wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

Compared to what?

Exactly! :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next