Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326 ... 356  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:18 pm 

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2013/10/zwarte_piet_is_a_throwback_to.php

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:20 am 

BBP wrote:
My tip for storing them is eating them, Caputh. I rarely get to eat walnuts, so it's really a bit of a walnut party when someone sells them cheap or so.

If you ate all the walnuts I have in the space of a week you would definitely die of a walnut overdose. :wink:

As a person who has constantly mislaid stuff throughout his life, I did not panic when I lost my bag, containing marked papers of pupils, schoolbooks and other teacher paraphernalia on Wednesday. Instead, my search method consisted of visiting various lost and found offices in the area and retracing my steps on the day in question. I eventually found my bag at a Russian Orthodox church, where I had been doing some field work with a class.
Learned something about Russian versus German psychological makeup thereby. If a German finds something that contains things only of value for the original owner, he will take it to the lost and found office. If a Russian finds a similar object, he will note the location where it was found and leave it there. The little caretaker lady in the church had left it hanging on the railings of the church.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:38 am 

On a whim, I sent out greeting cards to a couple of wayward friends I haven't spoken with for about 7 years with copies of photographs I had of them from the final years of the 20th century. I don't know if I'll hear from them again but I'm glad I made the effort to get in touch. With the digital age and folks having sometimes hundreds of cyber friends, it feels good to send an actual hand written note from time to time giving a update.

There's nothing like a Catholic Girl
With her hand in the box
When she's on her knees

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:43 am 

Caputh wrote:
BBP wrote:
My tip for storing them is eating them, Caputh. I rarely get to eat walnuts, so it's really a bit of a walnut party when someone sells them cheap or so.

If you ate all the walnuts I have in the space of a week you would definitely die of a walnut overdose. :wink:

As a person who has constantly mislaid stuff throughout his life, I did not panic when I lost my bag, containing marked papers of pupils, schoolbooks and other teacher paraphernalia on Wednesday. Instead, my search method consisted of visiting various lost and found offices in the area and retracing my steps on the day in question. I eventually found my bag at a Russian Orthodox church, where I had been doing some field work with a class.
Learned something about Russian versus German psychological makeup thereby. If a German finds something that contains things only of value for the original owner, he will take it to the lost and found office. If a Russian finds a similar object, he will note the location where it was found and leave it there. The little caretaker lady in the church had left it hanging on the railings of the church.

Do you have to be Russian to be a Russian Orthodox? Was the little caretaker lady a Russian or German? Her leaving it at the church might just be happenstance, if she's a German living in a Russian church. It's in Germany right? Maybe she couldn't get a ride down the autobahn to the lost and found so she left it hanging at the next best place. Where you left it. :wink:
Interesting theory you got there about Russians vs Germans Caputh. Common sense vs der authority complex. We all know the best answer. It's where the Englishman looks first for his missing bag. That's the proper place to leave a left behind bag. Am I right! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Do you have to be Russian to be a Russian Orthodox? Was the little caretaker lady a Russian or German? Her leaving it at the church might just be happenstance, if she's a German living in a Russian church. It's in Germany right? Maybe she couldn't get a ride down the autobahn to the lost and found so she left it hanging at the next best place. Where you left it. :wink:
Interesting theory you got there about Russians vs Germans Caputh. Common sense vs der authority complex. We all know the best answer. It's where the Englishman looks first for his missing bag. That's the proper place to leave a left behind bag. Am I right! :)

She was as Russian as Russian could be, Kiirk - but you learn to deal with both mentalities. They are both kind of logical, as Spock would say. Which reminds me - how come we haven't got a Spock on this forum?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:25 pm 

Caputh wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

She was as Russian as Russian could be, Kiirk - but you learn to deal with both mentalities. They are both kind of logical, as Spock would say. Which reminds me - how come we haven't got a Spock on this forum?

Live long and prosper... \\V//... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:15 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Which reminds me - how come we haven't got a Spock on this forum?

It wouldn't be logical. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:18 am 

Yesterday Howard Kaylan retweeted my tweet to him. I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing or not. That and he's following me on twitter. Is this something I should report to the proper authorities? I don't really like people following me around, makes me paranoid. :twisted: 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:53 am 

Perhaps he's planning a "Kiirk and Eddie" tour - I'd download the bootleg at least.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:42 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Yesterday Howard Kaylan retweeted my tweet to him. I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing or not. That and he's following me on twitter. Is this something I should report to the proper authorities? I don't really like people following me around, makes me paranoid. :twisted: 8)

What was your tweet?

:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:21 am 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

What was your tweet?

Thanks for the music Howie! Imagine me and you....eeeww! I think about you and Mark day and night. That ain't right. Salud and Peace. KK
Something along those twisted Happy Together lines. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:15 pm 

My kid just spilled 10 litres of paint on the bathroom floor.
If you know a better way of clearing it up than with a big spoon and bucket, I'd like to know.
TT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:43 pm 

Wallpaper scraper :?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:26 pm 

I used a windsceen scraper in the end.
Result. And a messy windscreen tomorrow.
TT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:51 pm 

Burn down the bathroom collect insurance higher a contractor to rebuild it, problem solved... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:23 am 

Turpentine?
(Too late for suggestions now, BB...)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:47 am 

BBP wrote:
Turpentine?
(Too late for suggestions now, BB...)

Plook fixed it and the toilet blew up the next day-e-ay'. ( the whole house is gone now :shock: )

Zinnnggamondo Hollywood Hairless! :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:27 am 

deuce wrote:
If you know a better way of clearing it up than with a big spoon and bucket, I'd like to know.
TT

Need to know if it latex or oil based

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:28 am 

Take an old broom and sweep it.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:49 am 

Matt emulsion.
I overreacted. Apologies for unduly alarming anyone.
No-one suggested midget with bucket / mop...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:30 pm 

deuce wrote:
TT

Suggestions...
a) Summarily execute your child in the village square.
b) Eliminate the bathroom and use the garden.
c) Divorce your wife and become a presbyterian preacher in French Guyana.
d) Eat the big spoon, put the bucket on your head and run 'round the Midlands, screaming:"Devolution from the Eton educated elite".

None of these suggestions will remove the paint, but will make you feel better than me, as I have to go in to school (ON A SATURDAY!) tomorrow and try and persuade a whole bunch of primary school kids that coming to our secondary school is a great idea.

P.S. Have fun on this forum!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:52 pm 

Caputh wrote:

None of these suggestions will remove the paint, but will make you feel better than me, as I have to go in to school (ON A SATURDAY!) tomorrow and try and persuade a whole bunch of primary school kids that coming to our secondary school is a great idea.

Don't forget to bring brightly coloured puppet socks for 'splaining stuff to the little tikes. :wink:
Have a fabulous working weekend Caputh. :mrgreen:

P.S....and thanks we'll try. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:36 pm 

Caputh wrote:
deuce wrote:
TT

Suggestions...
a) Summarily execute your child in the village square.
b) Eliminate the bathroom and use the garden.
c) Divorce your wife and become a presbyterian preacher in French Guyana.
d) Eat the big spoon, put the bucket on your head and run 'round the Midlands, screaming:"Devolution from the Eton educated elite".

Burn down the school collect insurance higher a contractor to rebuild it, problem solved... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:29 pm 

Plook wrote:
Burn down the school collect insurance higher a contractor to rebuild it, problem solved...

Have you been watching Fire Starter and listening to The Crazy World of Arthur Brown again? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:40 am 

Plook wrote:

Burn down the school collect insurance higher a contractor to rebuild it, problem solved... :smoke:

Was that a young Plook in Montreux, Switzerland?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326 ... 356  Next