Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:58 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Ok this is silly, I posted the ipcc report several posts ago, believe what you want.

I've looked back through several pages and a couple of years of your posts, which was painful enough, but I can't find the report you mention. Maybe you can do us all a favour and repost it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:30 am 

So you need some reading skills this took me 25 seconds to find; http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... GE&cad=rja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:47 am 

That's not the IPCC report. Its a media article by a reporter from the fucking Christian Post! No wonder I missed it. Are you kidding? I realize there's a link in there to the report, but you're pointing us to the article itself which is hardly an objective one. Its a biased article which cherry-picks a piece of data about an unusually warm year 15 years ago. Scientists make their observations of climate trends over hundreds of years. Of course there are going to be spikes here and there where cooler weather occurs for a few years. But the long term trend is that the planet is warming.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:41 am 

just what instraments were these scientists using even 150 years ago? This is why the subject is not a done deal http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... GE&cad=rja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:53 pm 

You think that all scientific evidence has to be recorded in person? Jesus Fucking Christ, I guess that explains some things.
Links to skeptic websites don't do much for anyone's education on the subject.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:12 am 

why trust science when you have Sarah Palin?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:34 am 

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/global-heat-headed-for-record-20131113-2xgxd.html

A bit of contextual continuity...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:44 pm 

Volcano discovery hints at fire below ice in Antarctica

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencen ... z2l30b7Xp0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:06 am 

Hi boys and girls,
Thought I'd pop in with an FYI
Enjoy!

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/09/07/3564148/paul-clinton-climate-change/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:08 am 

Oops, another one slipped out...

http://thinkprogress.org/culture/2014/09/10/3565769/merchants-of-doubt-director-deception-climate-change/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:25 am 

Looks like good news, they also say the earth hasn't increased warmth in 15 years...http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.livescience.com%2F27049-ozone-hole-shrinks-record-low.html&ei=T7ARVM-0IMmHyAT4-oH4Dg&usg=AFQjCNEItIsYmoS3Ay6jB1e0NY1n-Mi4jA&bvm=bv.74894050,d.aWw&cad=rja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:17 pm 

I might be being very stupid here and feel free to say if I am, but, as far as I can read, the article points out that the hole in the ozone over Antarctica is shrinking as a result of us no longer using aerosols or fridges with CFC. I honestly can't find any reference to temperature changes over the last 15 years in this article.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:09 am 

Yeah I used "they" in a generic sense, not meaning that this article said it. Although it is true

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:27 pm 

Hi boys and girls,
Does anyone still have their head in the sand on this issue?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kellyoakes/how-do-scientists-actually-feel-about-climate-change#.fjz0M548Y

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:20 am 

Climate change is real, again the debate is to what degree man is contributing, and to what degree man can make a significant difference in the hypothetical change. The science is not definitive .

Post subject: Re: climate change
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:47 pm 

Uncle Bernie wrote:
Hi boys and girls,
Does anyone still have their head in the sand on this issue?
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Climate change is real, again the debate is to what degree man is contributing, and to what degree man can make a significant difference in the hypothetical change. The science is not definitive .
bravo sierra does.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:13 pm 

NOT quite the opposite, I say the science on the subject is on going, you two think it is finite, I submit that any one who thinks they know the final answer on climate variations has their head in the sand. be the water

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:06 am 

Bravo, mate...the science is settled. I'm sure you're aware of the stats on that...97, or is it 98% of climate scientists agree that climate change is real and that it's caused by our (human) actions. We can't keep polluting the air, oceans and land without consequence.

It's time to get on board with renewable energy...solar, wind, whatever and reduce dependency on oil and coal.

What's the worst that can happen? Cleaner environment?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:18 am 

You are confused, between clean air and carbon emission. two different subjects. As most i am all for clean air , you know particulate matter. Carbon effect on the climate on the other hand is negligible, that is what i say is on going science. if you are willing to agree with a computer projection which is what it is then fine, but the very use of the word science, and settled is an oxymoron.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:31 am 

The headline reads: The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever.

It’s the latest news story verifying the 3rd chapter of my book Climategate (2010) as being spot on. In that chapter, “Rigged Record,” I state:

…the earth’s entire temperature record is rigged. The public naively assumes the atmosphere is accurately measured by trustworthy scientists who are concerned about precision and credibility, but that is not wholly true (p. 44).

In Eco-Tyranny (2012) I also write,

The problem is the entire temperature record has been wrecked by [NASA's James] Hansen, et al. (p. 80).

Following both of these pronouncements I venture into great detail to prove my point as I have done, to a lesser extent, numerous times on this blog. Keys facts include NASA and NOAA reducing global temperature measuring stations from 6,000 to 1,500, omitting data from higher elevations, adjusting older temperature records, and eliminating data from Canada, the Andes, and Russia.

Now today the latest news from Christopher Booker of the London Telegraph:

When future generations look back on the global-warming scare of the past 30 years, nothing will shock them more than the extent to which the official temperature records – on which the entire panic ultimately rested – were systematically “adjusted” to show the Earth as having warmed much more than the actual data justified.

Two weeks ago, under the headline “How we are being tricked by flawed data on global warming”, I wrote about Paul Homewood, who, on his Notalotofpeopleknowthat blog, had checked the published temperature graphs for three weather stations in Paraguay against the temperatures that had originally been recorded. In each instance, the actual trend of 60 years of data had been dramatically reversed, so that a cooling trend was changed to one that showed a marked warming.

This was only the latest of many examples of a practice long recognised by expert observers around the world – one that raises an ever larger question mark over the entire official surface-temperature record.

Booker continues by revealing further weather recording stations in South America, the Arctic, Canada and Siberia, and “in nearly every case, the same one-way adjustments have been made, to show warming up to 1 degree C or more higher than was indicated by the data that was actually recorded.”

I’m thrilled this additional information has come forth. It’s worth all the hate mail I received over the years.
I suggest reading and looking at what Brian Sussman has to say.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:51 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
You are confused, between clean air and carbon emission. two different subjects. As most i am all for clean air , you know particulate matter. Carbon effect on the climate on the other hand is negligible, that is what i say is on going science. if you are willing to agree with a computer projection which is what it is then fine, but the very use of the word science, and settled is an oxymoron.

I'm confused? Clean air and carbon emissions being two different subjects? You must be kidding! Of course they're the same subject...air pollution does not equal "clean air"!

I'm confused? Well I guess the 98% of the world's climate scientists must also be confused.

I wonder about the sources of your scientific information? I suggest that they may be either sponsored by oil or coal interests, or have no climate science credentials whatsoever.

If I'm confused, then you're totally fucking bamboozled!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:54 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
The headline reads: The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever.

It’s the latest news story verifying the 3rd chapter of my book Climategate (2010) as being spot on. In that chapter, “Rigged Record,” I state:

…the earth’s entire temperature record is rigged. The public naively assumes the atmosphere is accurately measured by trustworthy scientists who are concerned about precision and credibility, but that is not wholly true (p. 44).

In Eco-Tyranny (2012) I also write,

The problem is the entire temperature record has been wrecked by [NASA's James] Hansen, et al. (p. 80).

Following both of these pronouncements I venture into great detail to prove my point as I have done, to a lesser extent, numerous times on this blog. Keys facts include NASA and NOAA reducing global temperature measuring stations from 6,000 to 1,500, omitting data from higher elevations, adjusting older temperature records, and eliminating data from Canada, the Andes, and Russia.

When future generations look back on the global-warming scare of the past 30 years, nothing will shock them more than the extent to which the official temperature records – on which the entire panic ultimately rested – were systematically “adjusted” to show the Earth as having warmed much more than the actual data justified.

Two weeks ago, under the headline “How we are being tricked by flawed data on global warming”, I wrote about Paul Homewood, who, on his Notalotofpeopleknowthat blog, had checked the published temperature graphs for three weather stations in Paraguay against the temperatures that had originally been recorded. In each instance, the actual trend of 60 years of data had been dramatically reversed, so that a cooling trend was changed to one that showed a marked warming.

This was only the latest of many examples of a practice long recognised by expert observers around the world – one that raises an ever larger question mark over the entire official surface-temperature record.

Booker continues by revealing further weather recording stations in South America, the Arctic, Canada and Siberia, and “in nearly every case, the same one-way adjustments have been made, to show warming up to 1 degree C or more higher than was indicated by the data that was actually recorded.”

I’m thrilled this additional information has come forth. It’s worth all the hate mail I received over the years.
I suggest reading and looking at what Brian Sussman has to say.

Crock of shit...phase 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:23 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

The superhuman cock-ups of Christopher Booker

The journalist makes so many errors that you would be forgiven for thinking he did it deliberately to waste everyone's time

Christopher Booker
Is Christopher Booker a replicant controlled by an evil genius?

George Monbiot

Does Christopher Booker exist? Or is he simply a device invented to waste as much of other people's time as possible? Might he in fact be a computer program randomly generating nonsense in order to keep scientists, environmentalists and public health campaigners so busy refuting it that they can't get on with what they ought to be doing? I ask because it seems almost impossible that one man could make so many superhuman cock-ups.

Some people claim to have met him, and my friends at Private Eye swear that a man of that name has been working alongside them for 50 years. Veteran journalists assert that there was once a real Christopher Booker, who was capable of intelligent and even penetrating journalism, and that the man who wears his clothes today bears no relationship to the one they once knew. Has he been replaced by a replicant, remotely controlled by an evil genius in a concrete fortress, surrounded by a piranha-stocked moat? Or has he simply been playing to the gallery for so long that he can no longer distinguish between fact and fiction?

In either case, scarcely a week goes by in which he fails to publish at least one excruciating howler. It doesn't matter what the subject is: whether it is asbestos or the European Union, speeding or the family courts, he makes such a remarkable concatenation of mistakes that, if he didn't take himself so seriously, you could almost swear he was doing it deliberately.

This time-wasting exercise would be best ignored if it were not for two things: that the Sunday Telegraph continues to give him a platform for this rubbish, and that his cock-ups have consequences.

Much of his journalism consists of the reckless endangerment of the public. In a long series of articles he has falsely claimed that the danger from white asbestos is insignificant. To support his contention that innocent parents are being harassed by over-zealous officials, he relayed a partisan account which served to minimise and dismiss the serious injuries inflicted on a small baby [see paragraph 185 onwards]. The judge pointed out Booker's "significant factual errors and omissions". And he went on to say: "All of this underlines the dangers inherent in journalists relying on partisan and invariably tendentious reporting by family members and their supporters rather than being present in court to hear the evidence which the court itself hears."

He has published scores of articles insisting that global warming isn't caused by humans, and suggesting that we can carry on burning fossil fuels without regard for the climate. Even when the people he cites as his sources (the health and safety executive in the case of asbestos) try to correct him, he keeps repeating the myth.

IS THIS YOUR MAN, BRAVO?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:14 am 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fitseasybeinggreenmovie.com%2F&ei=3kYIVZ_MBYGANuHqgLgI&usg=AFQjCNH3bSV45pgo3NEsDfVgWXQ8Pq1gPQ&bvm=bv.88198703,d.eXYKnock yourself out man I'm not playing web site games, so.... was the science in 1975 settled when an ice age was predicted? Most climate change is the result of SUN activity, and now we are in a cycle of low sun activity, so temps will fall. Believe what you want my money is on the fact that man has a very small impact on our climate. You are confused , plants love carbon, humans are carbon based.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:28 am 

here is some more reading, you need ithttp://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wnd.com%2F2014%2F09%2Fnew-data-backs-ice-age-prediction%2F&ei=zEcIVe_nLseXgwSmwICgDg&usg=AFQjCNGCfDoey-NFn7VZBeMkKxybZzpGUw&bvm=bv.88198703,d.eXY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next