Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 pm 

OBDULA X wrote:
Does anyone take anyone seriously here?
There it is in a nutshell. If your head wasn't so far up your arse you'd have noticed that alongside various tantrums and flames and just plain bullshit there are quite a few people on this forum that take each other seriously. This thread ... this petulant frenzy ... this nervous breakdown ... why should it be taken seriously by anyone? ... anyone with a life that is ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 am 

polydigm wrote:
OBDULA X wrote:
There it is in a nutshell. If your head wasn't so far up your arse you'd have noticed that alongside various tantrums and flames and just plain bullshit there are quite a few people on this forum that take each other seriously. This thread ... this petulant frenzy ... this nervous breakdown ... why should it be taken seriously by anyone? ... anyone with a life that is ...

Agreed Poly, with my wife’s current situation the concept of continued outrage over downloads and the character assassinations that seem to go along with, seem like the cruelest waste of time and energy... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 pm 

Plook wrote:
polydigm wrote:
OBDULA X wrote:

Agreed Poly, with my wife’s current situation the concept of continued outrage over downloads and the character assassinations that seem to go along with, seem like the cruelest waste of time and energy... :smoke:

+ 1...Now we three amigos agree! Maybe it can happen here.Just not on this really dumb,waste of time thread. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:17 pm 

You made me laugh
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
gee, ob' this is a real groovy apartment you've got here
[all government sponsored recreational downloads are clean and efficient]

this is exciting, i never downloaded a tiny chrome-plated machine
that looks like a magical pig with marital aids stuck all over it
such as yourself before

[you'll love it, it's a way of life]

hi, little guy, think i might get a tiny but exciting
download
gimme dat gimme dat
download
gimme dat, give me de download job
gay ob'
blow job

gimme dat gimme dat
download
gimme dat, give me de download job

[you'll love it it looks just like a telefunken u-47]

warren just downloaded some
hey

download me now you savage rascal
i want to download you always

you're way more fun than mary [you're downloading too hard]
and cleaner than lucille [downloading too hard on me-e-e-e-e]

speak to me, oh no; the golden download must have shorted out his master circuit
he's, he's, oh my god, i must have downloaded him to death ...

the central scrutinizer wrote:
this is the central scrutinizer
you have just destroyed
one model xqj-37 nuclear powered
pan-sexual roto-downloader
and you're gonna have to pay
another 125 bucks
for it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 pm 

I don't give a fuck what the 3 assholes think. I won't quit bitchin.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 pm 

OBDULA X wrote:

Even after you get your download? :roll:

How can you have any pudding if you won't eat your meat? :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 pm 

OBDULA X wrote:

It is only because I care, that I say...I would hate to see you trapped in a petty and meaningless spiral, from which nothing good can come... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:57 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
OBDULA X wrote:

Even after you get your download? :roll:

How can you have any pudding if you won't eat your meat? :P

Get real. There will be no more downloads. We got what we got and that's it. And no, I won't get over it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:04 pm 

Plook wrote:
OBDULA X wrote:

It is only because I care, that I say...I would hate to see you trapped in a petty and meaningless spiral, from which nothing good can come... :smoke:

Not a spiral, not petty, not meaningless. I don't like paying for something and not getting it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:05 pm 

I agree. These downloads will never appear. Anyone who thinks it's gonna happen hasn't been paying attention to Dweezil's messages. They all basically say, "It's too much work and I don't have enough time since I'm busy working on other projects." Lowest possible priority.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:22 pm 

OBDULA X wrote:
Plook wrote:
OBDULA X wrote:

Not a spiral, not petty, not meaningless. I don't like paying for something and not getting it.

You need to get real my friend, I have learned recently these sort of things are meaningless, don't sweat the small shit... :smoke:

Last edited by Plook on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 pm 

and don't sweat your balls sweet, either

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:19 pm 

There are you happy Pontiff... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 pm 

If we all saw things the same way it would be boring.
If I get another free download of the show I happend to attend,cool.If not my show,I'll always have a sweet home Chicago show and I'm cool with that too.I choose not to be a brat about the little material stuff.For one I flew into LA to catch Dweezil,Franks son,preform Frank's work "Live At The Roxy" 35yrs.to the day his pop did it.It was better than great,to me.If this is all that plague's anyone,man your a lucky person or bored or your used to getting every little thing you want.Like shit don't happen to you.I bet if it does you threatin' to get letigous too! Download a free Frank Zappa concert from youtube and you'll have your free concert upgraded to The Real Deal! FZ!!!! It's simple unless you like to complain.That would explain why some people whine.A parent picked them up everytime they cryed,eh?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:03 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
If I get another free download of the show I happend to attend,cool.If not my show,I'll always have a sweet home Chicago show and I'm cool with that too.I choose not to be a brat about the little material stuff.For one I flew into LA to catch Dweezil,Franks son,preform Frank's work "Live At The Roxy" 35yrs.to the day his pop did it.It was better than great,to me.If this is all that plague's anyone,man your a lucky person or bored or your used to getting every little thing you want.Like shit don't happen to you.I bet if it does you threatin' to get letigous too! Download a free Frank Zappa concert from youtube and you'll have your free concert upgraded to The Real Deal! FZ!!!! It's simple unless you like to complain.That would explain why some people whine.A parent picked them up everytime they cryed,eh?

Things certainly would be boring Kirk. I've gone through alot over the last 4 plus years, yet I continue to fulfill my obligations, pay my bills and take care of my family. However, this will never be ok for me. It wasn't a free download. I paid somewhere around $75 less for a show on the same tour that did not include a download or a raffle. It took alot for me to get to the show I saw with my son. I don't have the cash to fly to see concerts. Good for you though. You must have a great job. All I want is what I paid for. If this makes me what you call a brat, whiner or whatever you decide next, so be it. You already know how I feel about you. I do not like being taken advantage of other people, corporations, or cover band guitar players who live off their fathers name because he doesn't have the talent to write his own songs to support himself. Yes, he did the minimum to take care of the fine print. Release one of the shows to everyone and claim there were recording problems. If you're ok with that, once again, good for you. I think it stinks like shit. I also think the way the guitar player has continued to handle the whole situation also stinks like shit. Your words for me would better describe the guitar player and the trust.
I don't get my music from youtube.
I have everything I need, and some of the things I want. I get everything I pay for....except the download. Until I do, I'll be a brat and keep whining, and you can go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 pm 

OBDULA X wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Things certainly would be boring Kirk. I've gone through alot over the last 4 plus years, yet I continue to fulfill my obligations, pay my bills and take care of my family. However, this will never be ok for me. It wasn't a free download. I paid somewhere around $75 less for a show on the same tour that did not include a download or a raffle. It took alot for me to get to the show I saw with my son. I don't have the cash to fly to see concerts. Good for you though. You must have a great job. All I want is what I paid for. If this makes me what you call a brat, whiner or whatever you decide next, so be it. You already know how I feel about you. I do not like being taken advantage of other people, corporations, or cover band guitar players who live off their fathers name because he doesn't have the talent to write his own songs to support himself. Yes, he did the minimum to take care of the fine print. Release one of the shows to everyone and claim there were recording problems. If you're ok with that, once again, good for you. I think it stinks like shit. I also think the way the guitar player has continued to handle the whole situation also stinks like shit. Your words for me would better describe the guitar player and the trust.
I have everything I need, and some of the things I want. I get everything I pay for....except the download. Until I do, I'll be a brat and keep whining, and you can go fuck yourself.

Of course not...youtube is free and too easy.
I flew from SFO to LAX with a room for two nights and the show for under $300 bucks.I keep something tucked away for things like this.Sorry if you want to wallow in self pitty.Me? I've had crap happen to me my whole life and I still will give a smile before a frown.I know I've got it better than 99% of the people in the world.That's enough to get me by without whining all the time.This isn't the only thing you have issues with.Remember the election? Both of them? If you think I called you a name so what.My opinion means nuts to you.So why give yourself an ulcer over something that you'll always remember anyway.I choose to put a good spin on it and I don't get indigestion.
You? Your fathers mustashe I suppose,eh? As far as fucking myself,that just makes you look even more petty.I'm sorry you feel that way.Tums?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:36 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
OBDULA X wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Of course not...youtube is free and too easy.
I flew from SFO to LAX with a room for two nights and the show for under $300 bucks.I keep something tucked away for things like this.Sorry if you want to wallow in self pitty.Me? I've had crap happen to me my whole life and I still will give a smile before a frown.I know I've got it better than 99% of the people in the world.That's enough to get me by without whining all the time.This isn't the only thing you have issues with.Remember the election? Both of them? If you think I called you a name so what.My opinion means nuts to you.So why give yourself an ulcer over something that you'll always remember anyway.I choose to put a good spin on it and I don't get indigestion.
You? Your fathers mustashe I suppose,eh? As far as fucking myself,that just makes you look even more petty.I'm sorry you feel that way.Tums?

Self pity ? Issues ? The election ? What the fuck are you talking about ? You are totally fucked in the head. You'll never get it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:44 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
I've got it better than 99% of the people in the world.

You're part of the 1%?? Goddamn. Well, no wonder you "still will give a smile before a frown".

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 am 

Many bands can get their recordings to you before you leave the venue. Umphrey's McGee had the show I went to recorded, mixed, and burned to 3 cds before I left the Variety Playhouse in Atl. Coheed & Cambria had a 3 set show recorded, mixed, and put onto a jump drive before I left the Tabernacle in Atl.

Call me crazy, but I'm sure Dweezil & the Zappa Family have more $$$ than both of these bands.

Dweezil just sucks at multitasking. His dad couldn't sing and play at the same time either. :mrgreen:

In all seriousness though, that sucks dude but you'll never get that recording. Joe is off playing with other dudes so I'm sure he isn't hiding in the vault that much these days. Just do the usual thing people in your situation would do; stop listening to Dweezil and turn up the Frank. :smoke:

Pudding
Delicious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:02 pm 

schvanzbass wrote:
Many bands can get their recordings to you before you leave the venue. Umphrey's McGee had the show I went to recorded, mixed, and burned to 3 cds before I left the Variety Playhouse in Atl. Coheed & Cambria had a 3 set show recorded, mixed, and put onto a jump drive before I left the Tabernacle in Atl.

Call me crazy, but I'm sure Dweezil & the Zappa Family have more $$$ than both of these bands.

Dweezil just sucks at multitasking. His dad couldn't sing and play at the same time either. :mrgreen:

In all seriousness though, that sucks dude but you'll never get that recording. Joe is off playing with other dudes so I'm sure he isn't hiding in the vault that much these days. Just do the usual thing people in your situation would do; stop listening to Dweezil and turn up the Frank. :smoke:

Dz is history. I gave up on the downloads except for the occasional reminder to Dz that he is a douche.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm 

OH !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:44 am 

Dweezil is just a perfectionist. It's not going to be released until it's right!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:55 pm 

What download ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:58 pm 

You have to buy tickets to Roxy show to get it hand delivered... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:46 am 

Why am I banned this time ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next