Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:19 pm 

Little_Sally wrote:
Why am I banned this time ?

You're "Banned From Dystopia", Little Sally. Consider yourself lucky.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 am 

KUIII wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:

Got ya... looking forward to the Chico show... will be incognito so I don't get booted... U know the little pink dress..the dyed hair and such. KK will be disappointed that I have lost over 50 pound since he last saw me...HOOO WOOO!! 50 more to go by da way.... Love that Zappa music... !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:18 pm 

Little_Sally wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:

Got ya... looking forward to the Chico show... will be incognito so I don't get booted... U know the little pink dress..the dyed hair and such. KK will be disappointed that I have lost over 50 pound since he last saw me...HOOO WOOO!! 50 more to go by da way.... Love that Zappa music... !

Hey sally if you go to the Sac show call me you have my number... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:34 pm 

Little_Sally wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:

Don't lose too much weight, Sally. I like my Midwestern college girls plump. But seriously, congratulations on the weight loss and good luck on the rest. I know it ain't easy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:59 am 

KUIII wrote:
Don't lose too much weight, Sally. I like my Midwestern college girls plump. But seriously, congratulations on the weight loss and good luck on the rest. I know it ain't easy.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on KK, If hes the man I think he really is he should be happy too about my weight loss ... its really no fun being a Fat Fuck.... and now that I'm only a half a Fat Fuck I already feel like I'm back in business

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:13 pm 

Little_Sally wrote:
KUIII wrote:

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on KK, If hes the man I think he really is he should be happy too about my weight loss ... its really no fun being a Fat Fuck.... and now that I'm only a half a Fat Fuck I already feel like I'm back in business

Dude I have to get my act together cause I'm passing you going in the other direction... :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:30 pm 

Downloads & ZPZ update from DZW

ZPZ 2014 and BEYOND!

Dweezil wrote on Sep 17, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Dweezil's Blog Posts

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would make a little update to fill everyone in on some stuff. 2014 has been a very busy year so far. First of all, thank you very much to everyone who has come out to see Zappa Plays Zappa live on tour. It's quite a challenge to make it all happen and we all appreciate your support!

We played a lot of shows in many new and different places. It was a pleasure to play my father's music with all of the members of my band - Thanks to all of them too!

I participated in a fantastic music camp called Crown Of The Continent Guitar Festival in Montana and a Frank Zappa music scholarship was created for future students. I plan to return next year to see who the recipient is!

Over the past few years we've consistently performed shows in the fall on tour in the US and Europe. This year we are taking that period off. Sorry to those of you who may have been counting on seeing us around that time. The good news is that it will enable me to do some more work on several others projects that need some attention. Plus best of all for me, I will be home more and get to see my kids more!

Here are a few things that are taking shape for 2014 and Beyond!!!

1. I have recently been able to hire a mix engineer to prioritize completion of the remaining 2008 YCFOSA concerts. The same attention to detail has been applied to these mixes. Once completed, all of the shows will be released simultaneously for the download code holders. Updates on the progress will continue to be provided here on the DZW site.

2. I will be entering the final phase of the post production process for the 2010 live "Apostrophe" tour DVD, featuring George Duke. The high def footage looks sharp and the audio is top notch. It is being mixed by an old friend of mine who is a great engineer in Oslo, Norway.

3. I will be spending some time in the recording studio making some music of my own before the end of the year. Many more musical directions are now possible for me these days and I am in the process of deciding which musical path I wish to take. I am very excited about the opportunity to create new music of my own.

4. I will be announcing plans for the 2015 DWEEZILLA guitar camp before the end of the year.

5. I am in the process of creating an online guitar course for Truefire.com. The Truefire website is an amazing resource for guitarists. Be careful, if you play guitar the website can be addictive.

6. I will be entering the early production phases of a comprehensive ZPZ "Roxy" DVD, encompassing our 2008 filmed show as well as our 2014 filmed shows. The original Frank Zappa "Roxy" movie has finally been completed and the release date will be announced soon.

Many more things will be happening so feel free to browse the Latest And Greatest Info page on DZW. http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/pages/ ... t-greatest

Regards, DZ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:09 pm 

Woo Hoo!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:34 am 

Seriously?? Has Hell frozen over while I wasn't looking?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:29 am 

Well, none of this stuff has happened yet. So.......

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:24 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Well, none of this stuff has happened yet. So.......

Just what I was thinking, but he sounds like he is making an end run to complete these projects... :idea:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:52 am 

As long as this engineer doesn't bail out, or have to cross any borders, things should be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:06 am 

Attachment:
ycfosa.jpg
ycfosa.jpg [ 27.76 KiB | Viewed 572 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:12 am 

coevad wrote:
As long as this engineer doesn't bail out, or have to cross any borders, things should be fine.

I wonder if it's the guy I was talking to in SLO... :?:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:41 pm 

You'll probably never know.

Found a picture from the Roxy show 6 yrs ago. This is from the night they filmed and played over three hours. Note the 'Little Black Chairs' (possible FZ/DZ song title). It was a calm affair compared to the sardine packing of our 2013 show.

Attachment:
roxy 2008.jpg
roxy 2008.jpg [ 41.66 KiB | Viewed 557 times ]

2008 - 265 Zappa freaks (per show)

2014 - 495 Zappa freaks (first show)

Thanks to Kurt Sotr for the photo.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 am 

At this late stage (nine Months into the ZFT's so called year of Zappa) anything and I mean ANYTHING of FZ's that they manage to actually complete and release is a bonus and for me a must have...On the flip side the now infamous ZPZ downloads from 2008, meh I for one care less for them, orthough Sister Obdula X if she's still out there might disagree hee hee hee....The ZPZ Roxy album performance(s) on the other hand, would be great for those of us that could not get to those concerts and would love to see and or hear that stuff.

I'm watchin' and I'm waitin' 'n hoping for the best....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:56 pm 

The 2008 Tour announcement

http://youtu.be/9Jw_ECp5dgI

funny stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:56 pm 

coevad wrote:

funny stuff!

Very enjoyable.....did Ray White actually make that tour?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:07 am 

So because he is now releasing the downloads he should have set out six years ago, Europe has to do without ZPZ for a year? Hmm...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:02 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
coevad wrote:

funny stuff!

Very enjoyable.....did Ray White actually make that tour?

He sure did, GG. You can barely make out his signature on my ticket stub in the above photo. I believe Ray quit in early 2009.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:11 am 

BBP wrote:
So because he is now releasing the downloads he should have set out six years ago, Europe has to do without ZPZ for a year? Hmm...

Not 'now releasing' BBP. Now 'working on finishing' the downloads. And Europe's not the only one. ZPZ usually tour the western US anywhere from December to February. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:28 am 

coevad wrote:
BBP wrote:

Not 'now releasing' BBP. Now 'working on finishing' the downloads. And Europe's not the only one. ZPZ usually tour the western US anywhere from December to February. 8)

So it looks like ZPZOZ or ZPZNZ is out of the question too....

at least Sister Obudula X might finally get his/her download...unless he/she has become a radicalised jihadist in the mean time....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11