Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Zappa's acting.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:02 am 

Anyone got links to some tv or movies where Zappa did some actual acting? Not just playing himself like he did in SNL.

I found him playing a drug dealer in Miami Vice and that is about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXtZXbwjHa0

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

Post subject: Re: Zappa's acting.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:54 am 

There's This Fairy Tale Episode, and there's the Ren & Stimpy Powdered Toast Man episode. He also offered to be on the Simpsons, but Groening couldn't take him up on it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:59 pm 

Yeah the Ren and Stimpy episode is legendary stuff. Anyone know the story behind him and the Simpsons? I knew MG was/is a massive Zappa fan.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:47 pm 

Don't forget The Monkees show he was on. (just in the beginning skit, but a good one)
Every time I try and upload a picture of it, it sez: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached. And that's through Photofucket! I used to be able to use a few of my downloaded pics, but never any that I took myself that and are on my computer, just internet photos I've downloaded and kept. Hmmm? :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:31 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Don't forget The Monkees show he was on. (just in the beginning skit, but a good one)
Every time I try and upload a picture of it, it sez: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached. And that's through Photofucket! I used to be able to use a few of my downloaded pics, but never any that I took myself that and are on my computer, just internet photos I've downloaded and kept. Hmmm? :?

Right click the picture, Copy Image Url, start a post here, click the Img button above the posting area, then press Ctrl-V. I've never used the attachment thing and I've never had a problem posting a picture.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:22 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Right click the picture, Copy Image Url, start a post here, click the Img button above the posting area, then press Ctrl-V. I've never used the attachment thing and I've never had a problem posting a picture.

Thanks cal, I'll try doing it that way right after the Sun. Night game and 60min. on the west coast, PST. I'm using Internet Explorer, if that makes a difference. :) 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:18 am 

Don't forget the Monkees movie Head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZHM9RJqfZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOI-SDYGviM

I actually heard Dolenz interviewed on a late night radio talk show hosted by Gil Gross some time ago. He
(Dolenz) spoke highly of Frank and said, and I quote "He got what we were doing"

And then there's the impossible to find cameo on The Midnight Special.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:22 am 

cozylittlefooties wrote:
And then there's the impossible to find cameo on The Midnight Special.

not video but...

http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=14500

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:25 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Thanks cal, I'll try doing it that way right after the Sun. Night game and 60min. on the west coast, PST. I'm using Internet Explorer, if that makes a difference. :) 8)

Nope.