Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:10 pm 

I find it confusing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:56 pm 

Is this a live post, or one of those first 10 dead ones?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:58 pm 

That answers that. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:20 pm 

Testing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:27 pm 

Up until this post, I have 4 posts. Three in this thread, and my activation post. I also made a post and vote in the favorite drummers thread which is waiting approval. I understand that reasoning. But, that post is not counted in my total post count. Otherwise, I would have 5. Does that mean the only way you can get to 10 posts is by whacking off in this thread 10 times? :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 am 

Ok. So, the posts I have made in other threads that are awaiting approval do not count toward my 10 post initiation. Instead of just post whoring here, I will take the opportunity to introduce myself.

Discovered Frank's music in 1979 at the age of thirteen, with a joint and a brand new vinyl copy of Joe's Garage Act I. Yes, I realize that Frank didn't approve of the joint, but "It Is What It Is". Get it? :mrgreen: My friend and I picked up Acts II & III a couple of months later. Then, we set out on the task of finding Frank's previous material. This was definitely not easy in West TN circa 1980. We made many trips to Nashville and Memphis trying to find the albums. One of my favorite was driving to Memphis to obtain a copy of One Size Fits All. I was so blown away when we came home to listen to it, and it still ranks as one of my favorite Zappa releases. Not trying to downplay the original Mothers. Absolutely Free is in my top 5 releases, but I wasn't around for the early days. So, those albums probably mean more to the fans who were there at the time

Fast forward to now. I am currently trying to replace my Ryko releases with the numbered Zappa Records releases. This is going to take awhile.

I have not preordered Roxy By Proxy. I'll wait for them to figure out a release date. Besides, I just recently purchased the Zappa Records version of Roxy & Elsewhere and A Token Of His Extreme DVD.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:31 pm 

I was on dweezils page and tried to post a review of the Bristol gig. I was told my username was wrong.
I only joined like an hour ago so from what I can gather I'm not expecting to be posting easily for a while, but as I've had a few vinos, maybe I just forgot my username (although I donnt think I have really).
If so, can I confirm it somehow?
Forgetfully, TT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:36 pm 

Taking up philostophers post...
I was a blues man really for my early to mid teens. On holiday when I was about 17, me and friends met some welsh dudes, who invited us for a toke. One of them, Colin said "once you hear this you wont listen to blues again", and put on zoot allures and absolutely free. Blown away. I stopped playing guitar for a year!
Anyways, still playing blues and Frank. I've got about thirty albums (is that all I hear you say).
Cheers
TT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 am 

Just testing to see how the new-poster process works... the Stephen King Message board is moderated post-by-post until you get to a certain number of posts, and believe me, it's over a hundred... so I'm used to it... anyway, I got the patience if you got the time... and the little green rosettas...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:02 am 

florentine pogen, in activation wrote:
...and as a newbie keep being told that my posts will not be displayed until they have been 'checked'
Which they haven't
This has gone on for months
And now my patience has run out
Sad - I have seen Zappa more times than most of you have had hot dinners
Goodbye
they show up for me ...

They're the boys - based in Liverpool
I got Hammersmith Odeon from them
[I was there.
Of course]
Anyway, I can't wait for this release.
Agreed in terms of original material but a little too much 'visual' stuff for my liking - 'one had to be there.....'
Give me Imaginary Diseases for its astonishing mix of robust material
Couple that with one of Frank's finest live albums Buffalo makes an old man very happy.
Yes, very happy
I was there
Of course
The same year an attendee at the Knebworth Festival with The Tubes, Peter Gabriel et al
An official release of that gig would be splendid

============================================================

pappazappa, in activation wrote:
Hello there,
There are many fake YS posters around Europe.
I have spent so much money and still not sure of owning the original!
Now I ask you to help me, please ...

- What's the real size of the original poster sold into theaters?
- The date inside the logo "KONZERTHAUS WIEN" is (26. +27. SEPT.) or is (26. 27. 28. SEPT.) as I read in my Tourbook Program Libretto?
- I also have a color copy printed on cardboard that comes from Austria. Sizes are 32.92 "x 46.74", it's a fake?
- in a video I saw some YS cardboard posters resting on Frank's piano. Was I dreaming?

FZ sharks make me crazy, help me please!
Music is the best!

Last bumped by pappazappa on Jan 20 14 4:34 pm.
if it has sept 28, it's either a misprint or a fake ... the one from austria was probably printed locally, contact every printer/publisher in vienna & find out who printed the konzerthaus posters in 1992 and the standard size used

the programs
the book

mysteryhorn, in activation wrote:
How do I change my e mail address?
Thanks

user control panel » profile » edit account settings » e-mail address: _____ @ ____ . __

message is sent to new email; you need to open it & click the re-activation link before you can log back on again

zappazeppelin, in activation wrote:
hey, I have now finished my first transcription of a Zappa song, Uncle Remus.
Please listen:
http://musescore.com/user/150634/scores/152060
It is arranged for piano, bass guitar, vocals, choir and electric guitar.
Have you also arranged a Zappa song? Please link.
Enjoy!
piano sounds good, lose the synthesizer stuff