Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:38 am 

I have called Musictoday & cancelled my preorder for Roxy by Proxy. This is this last time I will ever preorder any ZFT product. (Well, technically, Road Tapes 2 was the last time but...)

It's not that the amount of cash is going to break me but preordering doesn't get my order shipped any faster than just ordering it on the day it is released. There is no preorder discount for product or shipping (gak!) either so what's the point?

The very nice woman at Musictoday told me that that a LOT of people are calling in about this but they don't have any information either from the ZFT or the manufacturer. She cheerfully issued my refund.

I have preordered every ZFT title going back to FZ:OZ but enough is enough.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 pm 

Slow shipping?

Your problems are over:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11CL-zkF6GI

Now, seriously, this sucks, sorry for yer frustration.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:31 pm 

Uh huh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:15 pm 

I hear ya. I'm giving it another week, and then I'm cancelling too. The thing that pisses me off is due to Musictoday's high shipping fees, I ordered both RT2 & RBP to save on shipping. So because of the backorder on RBP, Musictoday holds RT2 hostage, while they get your money. That is unacceptable. I've only been waiting a month. I can't imagine waiting 3 months for RBP while they have your money.
CD Universe, Best Buy, & Amazon all will split shipments instead of holding up a multiple item order due to one back order status. So like I've said before, ZFT needs to either (A) find a new distributor for their goods, or else (B) give the customers a break, and ship the stock item and eat the shipping cost.
We deserve a god-damn explanation on the RBP holdup from the ZFT. I am never pre-ordering anything from Barfko-Swill again either. I pre-ordered the super-deluxe Sluggo! from Moosemart, and have no problem waiting. Mr. Keneally gives his fans updates on the situation, and details along the way via emails/facebook. I guess that's too much to ask for from the ZFT. As for Joe's Camoflauge, I don't want to hear a fucking thing about it on the main page until it's ready to ship.

And Trendmonger, stay the hell out of this thread, numbnuts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:42 am 

I'm gonna call Musictoday..... today,and just ask if I can replace "RBP" with "Token"..... wish me luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:19 am 

vince_de_wild wrote:
I'm gonna call Musictoday..... today,and just ask if I can replace "RBP" with "Token"..... wish me luck!

If that doesn't work, just cancel the order. Then, go back to Barfko-Swill and place an order Token and RT2. I did that last Tuesday. I got them yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:57 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Slow shipping?

Your problems are over:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11CL-zkF6GI

Now, seriously, this sucks, sorry for yer frustration.

OMG. That shit is gonna get hacked and all the packages will get re-routed to some fucker in another state.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:01 pm 

If they don't fall on somebody's head along the way...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:19 pm 

drone this

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:04 pm 

Uh! US Americans.... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:07 pm 

God damn americunts.

I want it but will just buy it on release day.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:15 pm 

Nothing will be done.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:04 pm 

The woman I spoke to @ Musictoday was not only nice while she cancelled my "RBP" pre-order, but she went ahead, and took my "Token" order, and gave me FREE SHIPPING for it!
Cool.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:13 pm 

vince_de_wild wrote:
The woman I spoke to @ Musictoday was not only nice while she cancelled my "RBP" pre-order, but she went ahead, and took my "Token" order, and gave me FREE SHIPPING for it!
Cool.

Way to go! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:44 am 

I'm hoping Gail DOES come through for the pre-order faithful, maybe a little snippet of film a la Dub Room?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:40 pm 

vince_de_wild wrote:
Cool.

I had a similar situation, called yesterday to get a status, and they decided to do a partial shipment for the 4 CD order I placed and I was guaranteed that the Roxy By Proxy would ship for free when it arrived in stock. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:06 am 

I stopped pre-ordering from them LONG ago! I'm honestly tired of how the ZFT treats things...they have more music than Terry Bozzio can shake a stick at, and it's trickling out!

There are other bands that I KNOW needs the pre-order funds to get stuff out, the ZFT isn't one of them!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:21 am 

First time I ever preordered something was also the last. Nick Mason's Book Inside Out was released with a couple of months of delay...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:30 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
First time I ever preordered something was also the last. Nick Mason's Book Inside Out was released with a couple of months of delay...

Ha. I pre-ordered the "25th Anniversary" edition of John Crowley's Little, Big a few years ago. They've already missed the 30th anniversary; it's looking like it will actually be finished in time for the 33rd. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:11 pm 

They had one job..... What would Frank think besides "Why are we still using an outdated distribution system?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:41 am 

tjfar67 wrote:
They had one job..... What would Frank think besides "Why are we still using an outdated distribution system?"

Because if one in the know crunches the numbers they make out better that way?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:36 am 

I'm with you on this, I placed my order a while back along with Road Tapes 2. Even if RBP gets released this week I won't receive my copy until after Xmas (I'm in Europe). My new year's resolution is going to be that I will only check for new releases every couple of months and I'll only be buying stuff that is in stock and ready to ship. I know it is silly and ultimately rather trivial but whenever I check in here to see if there has been any progress with the RBP release it puts me in a bad mood, I could tolerate the delay if we were offered and explanation by ZFT but clearly customer care is not on their list of priorities.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:14 am 

tjfar67 wrote:

Gail's whole business model is way outdated! I mentioned to her one time that people are going nuts looking for new stuff that they don't have, and that it would be great if the ZFT would put shows from the vault "warts and all" out there (with minimal work done on them) since the only thing some of us can find are bootlegs with crappy quality, but at least it's something...she heard the word bootleg, and she just went into a tizzy about that whole "industry"! She doesn't even realize people TRADE for things and don't pay like they used to do!

I've even told her that you can walk out of an Allman Brothers show WITH A COPY OF THE SHOW YOU JUST HEARD! They record and SELL them at the shows!

If they'd release ONE show per month from the vault with minimal production, in a cardboard sleeve with minimal art, (or have them available for download, either Mp3 or "lossless") she'd be WAY ahead of the game and would HAVE the capitol to do some of these MAJOR releases!

I'm THRILLED that they are doing the whole Road Tapes series, but we need them more often!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:09 pm 

Jaminbenb wrote:
tjfar67 wrote:

Gail's whole business model is way outdated! I mentioned to her one time that people are going nuts looking for new stuff that they don't have, and that it would be great if the ZFT would put shows from the vault "warts and all" out there (with minimal work done on them) since the only thing some of us can find are bootlegs with crappy quality, but at least it's something...she heard the word bootleg, and she just went into a tizzy about that whole "industry"! She doesn't even realize people TRADE for things and don't pay like they used to do!

I've even told her that you can walk out of an Allman Brothers show WITH A COPY OF THE SHOW YOU JUST HEARD! They record and SELL them at the shows!

If they'd release ONE show per month from the vault with minimal production, in a cardboard sleeve with minimal art, (or have them available for download, either Mp3 or "lossless") she'd be WAY ahead of the game and would HAVE the capitol to do some of these MAJOR releases!

I'm THRILLED that they are doing the whole Road Tapes series, but we need them more often!

Sadly its never going to happen. But I agree warts n all, cleaned up a bit.
the reason it wont happen is due to the overprotective parent routine the ZFT does on all things FZ.
if they arent careful, they will overprotect his legacy into extinction.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:46 am 

naehairbear wrote:
I'm with you on this, I placed my order a while back along with Road Tapes 2. Even if RBP gets released this week I won't receive my copy until after Xmas (I'm in Europe). My new year's resolution is going to be that I will only check for new releases every couple of months and I'll only be buying stuff that is in stock and ready to ship. I know it is silly and ultimately rather trivial but whenever I check in here to see if there has been any progress with the RBP release it puts me in a bad mood, I could tolerate the delay if we were offered and explanation by ZFT but clearly customer care is not on their list of priorities.

Same here...

A friend of mine ordered us both copies of RBP and Road Tapes 2 on the 10th of november and so far...nothing at all !!!
Someone else i know ordered Road Tapes 2 from G and S Music on the 3d of december and he received his order today.

If all this is not frustrating enough, we also get no information or updates about releases whatsoever from official sources :P