Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 58
Because there will be box sets surrounding these albums, which will include the original vinyl mixes? Also that there was not enough unreleased material (if any) surrounding the albums that DID get the treatment?

Yes? No?

_________________
Gail Zappa, zappa.com, December 2, 2010
Dance Me This?—2011

Gail Zappa, zappa.com, November 2010
Dance Me This and The Rage And The Fury should be out by 2012.

Gail Zappa, zappa.com, March 28, 2012
Within the year from now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1161
The original mix of Uncle Meat is coming out on LP soon. My guess is this means it will be on CD sometime later, probably in a Project/Object set with outtakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:48 pm
Posts: 957
Location: Austin
pbuzby wrote:
The original mix of Uncle Meat is coming out on LP soon. My guess is this means it will be on CD sometime later, probably in a Project/Object set with outtakes.


That'll be a honkin' beast I hope!

_________________
Take a penny... give a shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Huntingdon, TN
Phlakaton wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
The original mix of Uncle Meat is coming out on LP soon. My guess is this means it will be on CD sometime later, probably in a Project/Object set with outtakes.


That'll be a honkin' beast I hope!


Agreed. Love that album!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 494
So mote it be!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 3:50 am
Posts: 56
Didn't GZ mention something like a UM Object/Project?

What about Orchestral Favorites?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:07 am
Posts: 1471
Orchestral Favorites? Well, the whole set of Royce Hall gigs/sessions could be a real asset!

_________________
Lies are like quicksand, soft and comfortable, but they will swallow us. Truth is like bedrock, hard and uncomfortable, but we can always stand on it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 3:50 am
Posts: 56
That one wasn't remastered from the original analog tapes either.
So, if the reasoning for not including those albums as analog reissue is that there will be special releases (object/project, complete shows etc) that I eagerly await those releases.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1161
I almost forgot, the original mix of R&E is also coming out on vinyl.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 pm
Posts: 89
pbuzby wrote:
My guess is this means it will be on CD sometime later, probably in a Project/Object set with outtakes.


...and all the dialogue stuff kept well away from the original album...?

Hopefully

Yes, hopefully







.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:52 pm
Posts: 414
I would love an UM Project/Object thingy! UM was the first Mothers album I ever bought,
followed by Mothermania.. I was hooked. I wound up buying all the Mothers LPs.
(Just as long as the 'penalty tracks' are nowhere to be seen or heard, and it's the original
vinyl mix)

_________________
"The largest land mammal is the absent mind" (Don Van Vliet - 1971)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 494
Ya, the UM project,object would be a holy grail for me.
The definitive 60's Mothers statement and Frank's dada masterpiece.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 am
Posts: 553
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
I have asked for a record player just to get these two LP's. Then I'll track down a TMFU LP.

_________________
Image

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 334
NuclearProstate wrote:
Then I'll track down a TMFU LP.

That's the one you need on LP rather than CD!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 58
If you can find a copy of the two-fer CD with SATLTSADW and TMFU, it has the vinyl mix of TMFU. I found a copy online earlier this year for $25.

_________________
Gail Zappa, zappa.com, December 2, 2010
Dance Me This?—2011

Gail Zappa, zappa.com, November 2010
Dance Me This and The Rage And The Fury should be out by 2012.

Gail Zappa, zappa.com, March 28, 2012
Within the year from now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1161
Zappa Time wrote:
If you can find a copy of the two-fer CD with SATLTSADW and TMFU, it has the vinyl mix of TMFU. I found a copy online earlier this year for $25.


For the nitpickers, that is true except it has the remix of "Moggio."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 am
Posts: 553
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
pbuzby wrote:
Zappa Time wrote:
If you can find a copy of the two-fer CD with SATLTSADW and TMFU, it has the vinyl mix of TMFU. I found a copy online earlier this year for $25.


For the nitpickers, that is true except it has the remix of "Moggio."


Bastards! The original mix is the reason to pick it up. I will miss Luigi though, love that song.

_________________
Image

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2139
Location: Hamilton, NJ
UM was beautifully recorded and pressed on Bizarre. It stood up to many many plays without showing deterioration. Columbia was a very good label in terms of skip-free playing. Bizarre was equally good at clean pressing and quality control

UM, Hot Rats and my vinyl version of The Ark still play great.

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 am
Posts: 553
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
I found a copy of TMFU on amazon for only £25 so I may nab it soon. And get the other re-issues. I still don't have UM on CD so I may just get this and make a rip to cd for work. As for R&E I know the only big difference is the mix of Cheepnis, the only CD that has the original mix is the old Barking Pumpkin disc.

_________________
Image

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6181
Location: Your Mom's Box
tweezers wrote:
UM was beautifully recorded and pressed on Bizarre. It stood up to many many plays without showing deterioration. Columbia was a very good label in terms of skip-free playing. Bizarre was equally good at clean pressing and quality control

UM, Hot Rats and my vinyl version of The Ark still play great.


Ummmmm The Ark is a bootleg LP. It has nothing to do with Bizarre or the Columbia pressing plant.

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2139
Location: Hamilton, NJ
jaypfunk wrote:
tweezers wrote:
UM was beautifully recorded and pressed on Bizarre. It stood up to many many plays without showing deterioration. Columbia was a very good label in terms of skip-free playing. Bizarre was equally good at clean pressing and quality control

UM, Hot Rats and my vinyl version of The Ark still play great.


Ummmmm The Ark is a bootleg LP. It has nothing to do with Bizarre or the Columbia pressing plant.


I have a copy and the label on the record is Bizarre. I dunno....

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1161
tweezers wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
tweezers wrote:
UM was beautifully recorded and pressed on Bizarre. It stood up to many many plays without showing deterioration. Columbia was a very good label in terms of skip-free playing. Bizarre was equally good at clean pressing and quality control

UM, Hot Rats and my vinyl version of The Ark still play great.


Ummmmm The Ark is a bootleg LP. It has nothing to do with Bizarre or the Columbia pressing plant.


I have a copy and the label on the record is Bizarre. I dunno....


A well-done fake.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:53 am
Posts: 2139
Location: Hamilton, NJ
I have a copy and the label on the record is Bizarre. I dunno....[/quote]

A well-done fake.[/quote]

It plays great

_________________
If we're dumb . . .
Then God is dumb . . .
(An' maybe even a little bit ugly on the side)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: calvin2hikers and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group