Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:25 pm 

brainpang wrote:
sorry, I don't trust people who claim to be above a little gossip.

that said, gripes between PEERS is an entirely different animal than amongst the general public.
too much jealousy involved to pay any heed.

also, musicians tend to suck as human beings so I generally try to avoid personal contact. they solely exist for my amusement and any first hand contact may jeopardize that.

ps I HATE celeb gossip teevee shows. that TMZ guy has done more to promote anti-semitism than Hitler.

I don't think it's fair to say musicians tend to suck as human beings. That's really a pretty terrible thing to say about any group of people. I don't think I would be a music fan if I really thought that because I usually like music by people who I can identify with on some level. Some musicians are dicks to be sure and the level of narcissism is definitely at a higher level in the arts but that kind of just goes with the territory.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:37 pm 

Its obvious none of you has ever watch TMZ, not to be confused with TMZ Live...TMZ is extremely funny and witty, great cast of characters...ya just don't know what your missing since all the representations made here are not what is on the show, check it out... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:32 am 

Plook wrote:
Its obvious none of you has ever watch TMZ, not to be confused with TMZ Live...TMZ is extremely funny and witty, great cast of characters...ya just don't know what your missing since all the representations made here are not what is on the show, check it out... :smoke:

What the hell, do you have stock in the company? Sure, everybody watch it, and you can see how unfunny it is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:35 am 

KUIII wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say musicians tend to suck as human beings. That's really a pretty terrible thing to say about any group of people.

yes, it is. that's why I wrote it, but too much time has passed to elaborate....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:36 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:

What the hell, do you have stock in the company? Sure, everybody watch it, and you can see how unfunny it is.

buncha gasbags.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:59 am 

uneducated guess: stupid people found FZ to be nasty because he was nasty to stupid people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:35 am 

I have no idea what you people are on about but I'm sure Frank would hate you for it.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:18 pm 

NuclearProstate wrote:
I have no idea what you people are on about but I'm sure Frank would hate you for it.

i think he'd hate you for speaking on his behalf.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:10 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:

LMAO...good one...I just couldn't understand how so many people with a good sense of humor could not like that show, I am sure Frank would have loved it... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:12 pm 

myourself wrote:
NuclearProstate wrote:

i think he'd hate you for speaking on his behalf.

And you too ;)

Good point though.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:30 am 

In August, 1986 I fortuitously slipped in at 1-800-PUMPKIN while Frank was taking live calls and it seems I squeezed in a little extra time with him. Some things I said he laughed at and when I told him I started my Zappa/Mothers collection with birthday money I got for my 12th birthday he laughed and said, "Whooooa! You're totally contaminated by now!" He carefully eased me off the phone and I complied with his wishes to "move on" to be fair to others.

Other than having him quickly tip his hat to me and two friends in February, 1988 while getting into a limo on a narrow street in Boston perpendicular to an alley behind the Orpheum Theater where he'd just performed the August, '86 phone call was my only personal contact with Frank.

But who the fuck knows how people expect to be treated and how pissy they get when they're not? It's a two-way street but lots of people refuse to see that and become assholes when they're not treated with the high regard they expect. Lots of them around!

--Bat :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:36 pm 

Great story man. I would love to hear recordings of those conversations.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:49 pm 

Frank was a busy guy, he literally was always working...unlike other bands and groups he rarely had free time to waste away hanging and bullshitting...I would be willing to bet for the most part Frank was always in some capacity thinking of his work, even when he appaered to be not working, like a constent humm in the background of his thoughts.

People like this do not have time for lollygaggers, loafers, floaters, and idiots...and they tend to have little time for these people and let them know in no uncertian terms to get out of the way for those who actually have lives to live... :idea:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:52 pm 

Spot on Plook, he was so busy with stuff important to him that people who just drifted along not wanting to do anything productive irritated him.

I think if you're not dumb or a total cunt he would like you. Simple as that.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:45 pm 

Plook wrote:
Frank was a busy guy, he literally was always working...unlike other bands and groups he rarely had free time to waste away hanging and bullshitting...I would be willing to bet for the most part Frank was always in some capacity thinking of his work, even when he appaered to be not working, like a constent humm in the background of his thoughts.

People like this do not have time for lollygaggers, loafers, floaters, and idiots...and they tend to have little time for these people and let them know in no uncertian terms to get out of the way for those who actually have lives to live... :idea:

:smoke:

Exactly. I think the constant hum was certainly there. How could it not?
You can't sum up a person as complex as Zappa based on a 5 minute encounter with them. You don't know what they are going through at that moment.

Do it again and do it some more
That does it by golly, it's nasty for sure
Nasty nasty nasty, nasty nasty nasty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:47 pm 

I remember reading a few things about Zappa and some guy mentioned he felt in the 80's he just turned nasty and mean as opposed to gleefully offensive. He said songs like Dumb All Over were just ugly and not witty at all. Anyone agree?

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:19 pm 

NuclearProstate wrote:
I remember reading a few things about Zappa and some guy mentioned he felt in the 80's he just turned nasty and mean as opposed to gleefully offensive. He said songs like Dumb All Over were just ugly and not witty at all. Anyone agree?

No, I disagree on so many levels I woudn't know where to begin...but for starters those are assumptions and when you assum you make ah ass out you and me... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:45 pm 

Plook wrote:
NuclearProstate wrote:

No, I disagree on so many levels I woudn't know where to begin...but for starters those are assumptions and when you assum you make ah ass out you and me... :smoke:

Plook, when you assum you can only make an ass of you and m. You have to assume something to make an ass of you and me. I just thought that needed clearing up.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:05 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:
NuclearProstate wrote:

No, I disagree on so many levels I woudn't know where to begin...but for starters those are assumptions and when you assum you make ah ass out you and me...

Plook, when you assum you can only make an ass of you and m. You have to assume something to make an ass of you and me. I just thought that needed clearing up.

Thanks KU, I was so confused. Plook's spelling will do that to ya! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 am 

Dam..ruff crowd... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:43 am 

Plook wrote:
Dam..ruff crowd...

He means, "Damn... rough crowd... "

Need an interpreter Plook? :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:39 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Dam..ruff crowd...

Maybe I should see a philostipher... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:59 pm 

Maybe you should get back on topic... :smoke:

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:01 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Dam..ruff crowd...

Maybe I should see a philostipher... :smoke:

insert your favorite Pope Jim quip here.......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:49 pm 

NuclearProstate wrote:
Maybe you should get back on topic...

Frank was never that nasty! Is NuclearProstrate the same as an AtomicCock? :mrgreen: