Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:54 pm 

I was just doing some online Christmas shopping, ordered the Baby Snakes dvd for a gift, and noticed the release date - December 9, 2003. Ten years ago today? I remember picking it up the day it was released, seeing the Roxy trailer and thinking the Roxy dvd would be coming out right away. How could I be such a fool? :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:50 pm 

Just think of all the amazing things that happened in the world in those ten years. The technological advances, the Boston Red Sox winning three World Series, Hurricane Katrina, the executions of Saddam Hussein and Osama Ben Ladin, the election of the first black President, Breaking Bad (the Complete Series), Twitter, Facebook, Lady Gaga, a woman basketball player dunking in a game, and Bret Favre and Anthony Weiner sending women pictures of their junk. And we can't even get a lousy concert DVD.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:53 am 

Q Can you tell us if anything is going on in your life at the Roxy movie.
FZ I wish there was... The status of that film is this: I spent about 30 or 40000 dollars,trying to get the thing on film, and I got it on film, and there's some things that happened down there that are absolutely fabulous. However, they're too weird to show on television, and I don't really think there's really a market in the theatres for a straight concert film like that, you know, so right now, this thing on my shelf being an expensive piece of home movie... Maybe one day when TV looses up a little bit we'll be able to show the lovely Brenda, doing her... That a real nice piece of film, that Brenda.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:37 am 

KUIII wrote:
Just think of all the amazing things that happened in the world in those ten years. The technological advances, the Boston Red Sox winning three World Series, Hurricane Katrina, the executions of Saddam Hussein and Osama Ben Ladin, the election of the first black President, Breaking Bad (the Complete Series), Twitter, Facebook, Lady Gaga, a woman basketball player dunking in a game, and Bret Favre and Anthony Weiner sending women pictures of their junk. And we can't even get a lousy concert DVD.

Let's not forget that Axl Rose even completed an album. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:45 am 

I got this email from the barfies.

Dear People of Earth,
Seasons Greetings!
There is no better time for “Cheepnis” than right now. Imagine you’re a Band Leader. Imagine you’re a Song Writer. Imagine you’re a Musician. Imagine you’re in a Band. Imagine you’re a Vocalist. Imagine you’re a Backup Singer. Imagine you’re a Record Producer. Imagine you’re a Film Maker. Imagine you’re a Film Editor. https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/cheepnis/id778020912

(Psst: Imagine you're in an English Speaking Territory.)
xxx
the barfies
ps: Your next email from us concerns Roxy By Proxy ship date for January 2014. And Thank You!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:15 pm 

Yeah I'll believe it when I'm watching the DVD. There are so many blown deadlines and empty promises at this point, the ZFT has zero credibility anymore with this kind of thing. Preordering = throwing money away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:39 am 

Maybe somebody will answer, where is promised DVD?
I don't lose hope

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 am 

For many years I wait for emergence of this concert...
There was information that it will be released in December, 2013... Now is 2014... where is the promised DVD?