Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1441
Location: Huntingdon, TN
I wish someone would pay me for my opinions. I work too damn hard for my money. :|

As for "Ready Teddy", I love everything pre 1980. Post 1980 is hit or miss for me. His personality and politics do not affect my judging of his music, but I personally think he's a douche.

It's hard to label him as a pedophile though. He's never been convicted of anything in the same manner that Roy Estrada has been. Just like Steven Tyler, Ted had the approval of the girl's parents. Does that make it morally right? In my opinion, no. But, it's not my place to judge them.

If I had a daughter though, that shit would never happen with my blessing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18768
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
downer mydnyte wrote:
Say you have a 15 year old daughter and you walk in the house one night and Ted is there banging yer daughter on the kitchen table with nothing but his shoulder holster on (and the safety off on the gun!). And on top of that he's polished off the last of your alcohol!! I'd guess you probably wouldn't be cranking up Double Live Gonzo later that evening.

Yeah, well, that would be a personal, physical attack on me and mine. I'd toss his stuff because of that. But not if he attacked a family down the street. In that case, I would only listen at low volumes, or with headphones, so they wouldn't be offended by it.
Next, you'll be telling me to burn my album of Nazi marching songs.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: re: the nuge
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:41 am
Posts: 430
Location: Centerville, Norway
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
on may-21-03, lets_be_fraynk wrote:
Okay historians...Mr. Nugent is 54 now and I recently asked him about Frank on his message board.

Ted replied, "I drove FZ & TMOI in the Amboy Duke Show Ford Econoline in '67 all around MI on tour. Frank was a goodman & genius & damn good guitarboy."

"Goodman" seems to be a favourite badge of honour from Ted - that's what he calls Mitt Romney... Great company for FZ, I'm sure :P

http://duanegraham.wordpress.com/tag/ted-nugent/

_________________
If I'm not alone... How long have I been asleep?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5740
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Philostopher wrote:
I wish someone would pay me for my opinions. I work too damn hard for my money. :|

As for "Ready Teddy", I love everything pre 1980. Post 1980 is hit or miss for me. His personality and politics do not affect my judging of his music, but I personally think he's a douche.

It's hard to label him as a pedophile though. He's never been convicted of anything in the same manner that Roy Estrada has been. Just like Steven Tyler, Ted had the approval of the girl's parents. Does that make it morally right? In my opinion, no. But, it's not my place to judge them.

If I had a daughter though, that shit would never happen with my blessing.


A person doesn't have to physically have sex with a child to be considered a pedophile. In Ted Nugent's case, he's admitted that he had a sex addiction with under-aged girls. That makes him a habitual offender.

There are a lot of levels regarding a comparison to Roy Estrada as well. Ted Nugent is a rich white guy with a high public profile and "connected" friends in politics and the gun lobby. Roy Estrada is a broke Hispanic person who is really only known amongst hardcore Zappa fans. We all know how the justice system in America is predominantly skewed in favor of privileged white people, while minorities and the poor are more likely to be incarcerated, despite that the percentage of criminals per ethnic group is uniformly equal.

Hell, Ted Nugent can even get away with making death threats against a sitting president, in addition to being a child molester, because he helps the gun industry sell lots of product and is a loud voice of hatred against Liberals and Democrats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1441
Location: Huntingdon, TN
I wouldn't argue a single point in your post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5336
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
Criminy! Next they'll be casting stones at famous painter and salt of the Earth, John Wayne Gacy.

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2280
just plain doug wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Say you have a 15 year old daughter and you walk in the house one night and Ted is there banging yer daughter on the kitchen table with nothing but his shoulder holster on (and the safety off on the gun!). And on top of that he's polished off the last of your alcohol!! I'd guess you probably wouldn't be cranking up Double Live Gonzo later that evening.

Yeah, well, that would be a personal, physical attack on me and mine. I'd toss his stuff because of that. But not if he attacked a family down the street. In that case, I would only listen at low volumes, or with headphones, so they wouldn't be offended by it.
Next, you'll be telling me to burn my album of Nazi marching songs.


haha
I would never tell you to burn anything, Doug.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1822
Hitler was also a painter.

A kick-ass riff is a kick-ass riff. It exists separately from its creator.

A lot of people didn't like Frank because their parents told them what the songs meant, and he looked kind of stinky sometimes.

Look what they are missing.

Nugent is only on television because that particular audience wants to hear his redneck rantings. He is clearly over the top, and I don't think he is taken very seriously by anyone. In essence, he is a tool. But, also, a pretty good musician.

I'd like to think such a thing would not have happened to Frank if he had lived, but it seems to me that he was becoming more and more vocal with his political views, and was appearing from time to time on political hack shows. Now, if Frank had started spewing some shit you really did not agree with, would you burn his records?

Hmmm?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 1499
Location: south midlands, UK
A rope leash wrote:
Now, if Frank had started spewing some shit you really did not agree with, would you burn his records?
Hmmm?

Maybe...
When Bob Brozman was exposed as a child molester, within days I went from from being a big fan to never listening to his stuff ever again.
Thankfully, FZ will never be so tarnished - so thats just hypothetical bollocks.
TT

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2157
Just saw "Hail, Hail, Rock 'N Roll" on tv. What a great documentary. Anyway, it reminded me of Chuck Berry's legal troubles ( though Chuck wouldn't let them go there). I believe Chuck did some time for taking a 14 year old girl across state lines (the Mann Act?) and didn't 't he also have some video cameras set up in the ladies restroom at one of his places. Now in spite of all that, I like Chuck Berry a hell of a lot more than Ted Nugent.


Last edited by KUIII on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5336
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
A Hitler reference by the 2nd page. This thread has officially jumped the shark. :lol:

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5740
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
A rope leash wrote:
Hitler was also a painter.

A kick-ass riff is a kick-ass riff. It exists separately from its creator.

A lot of people didn't like Frank because their parents told them what the songs meant, and he looked kind of stinky sometimes.

Look what they are missing.

Nugent is only on television because that particular audience wants to hear his redneck rantings. He is clearly over the top, and I don't think he is taken very seriously by anyone. In essence, he is a tool. But, also, a pretty good musician.

I'd like to think such a thing would not have happened to Frank if he had lived, but it seems to me that he was becoming more and more vocal with his political views, and was appearing from time to time on political hack shows. Now, if Frank had started spewing some shit you really did not agree with, would you burn his records?

Hmmm?


Frank Zappa didn't have sex with children then go on to brag about it either, unlike Pedo Nugent. For some odd reason, his fans, followers and gun advocate buddies seem to find his proclivities with children acceptable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1822
Surely you see my point, though. The art must be judged, not the artist.

Hitler kind of destroyed a lot of art from people he did not like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_art

Is this acceptable? If it were up to you, would you destroy Nugent just because he's an asshole?

I think you would not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 742
Location: Atlanta
A rope leash wrote:
Surely you see my point, though. The art must be judged, not the artist.

Hitler kind of destroyed a lot of art from people he did not like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_art

Is this acceptable? If it were up to you, would you destroy Nugent just because he's an asshole?

I think you would not.


Kind of?

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4805
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
I've heard Nazi Marching Songs quite often, usually for historical purposes. I can't say I've ever enjoyed them very much - basically because the words are crap.

Equally, there may be some who see intellectual depth and lyrical talent in the words below. If so, I can only say we do not share the same taste. For me, words matter...

Bound and Gagged Lyrics
Ted Nugent

Take a look at the situation I don't believe
in negotiations you would think they would
back up you and me
So if you're proud of this great nation
We got to have us a confrontation
that's the only hope that we'll stay free
We should never

Chorus: Stay bound and gagged
we should never stay bound and gagged

Take a look at the constitution we must amend
us some retribution had how the hell did they take our embassy
We should had armed guards up and down the stairways
fighter jets flyin in the air ways
that would guarantee that we'll stay free

In if we don't we would... (Chorus)

Got to face those consequences it's time to strength
then our defences gotta tell em right now
that we are still tough

Ah the fascinations of the just stopped the border
and all they know is law and disorder
now's the time just scream we've had enough

There's no way we we're stay bound and gagged
bound and gagged... we refuse to stay bound and gagged
bound and gagged... you see we've always depend on to
pick up the pieces... bound and gagged... we make all
the sacrifices and what we will get it in return? ...
bound and gagged ... you think they show us a little
respect wouldn't you? wouldn't show...bound and gagged
but he now they take us practice today! ... bound and
gagged... they kidnap our leaders they kill our advisors
bound and gagged... they burn our flag who the hell do
they think they are?... bound and gagged.. who's
thinking their missing with anyhow!..bound and gagged
just prove!... bound and gagged... I think we have
enough yes! I think we're fed up with all that shit!.
bound and gagged... we just have enough we refuse to
stay!... bound and gagged...or the way where the U.S.A.
we would never never never stay... bound and gagged.
and no way and no way and no no no no no way!...
bound and gagged... mine is right and who will in
the fight, fight! (bound and gagged...) fight!..

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3110
Location: Between the Badges
Caputh wrote:
... For me, words matter...

Bound and Gagged Lyrics
Ted Nugent
...

Yeah, that's not exactly Wango Zee Tango, is it? ;)

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14909
This is probably more of his political view than the former.

Telegram for Mr Billary...

C'mon baby,
Yeah, big ol' wet one...hey!

Kiss my ass,
Kiss my ass, (c'mon, everybody ought'a)
Kiss my ass, (tastes pretty good)
Kiss my ass. (oh...)

Don't waste your time on me
I got my own direction
Watch me close, wait and see
I'm lookin' for perfection
I make up my own mind
And I'll leave you far behind
When the goin' gets tough
You can kiss my ass

I believe in animal rights
I let my dog hump on my shin
I can tolerate sexual choice
But not with the next of kin
I've heard it all before
I ain't gonna take any more
When the goin' gets tough
You can kiss my ass

Everybody!

Kiss my ass, (pucker up)
Kiss my ass (make it wet!)
Kiss my ass (hold the tongue!)
Kiss my ass, (c'mon babe)

I've heard it all before
I ain't gonna take no more, no no
When the goin' gets tough
You Can Kiss my ass!

I see the weenies with the dirty hair
Protestin' on the street
They condemn the clothes we wear
And the morality of what we eat, yeah
It's gotta be a fluke
They make me wanna puke
When the goin' gets tough
They can kiss my ass

Everybody gotta

Kiss my ass - C'mon gang bangers
Kiss my ass - Janet Reno
Kiss my ass - C'mon Billary
Kiss my ass - Callin' ol Jesse Jackson
Kiss my ass - How about the IRS
Kiss my ass - Hey, Howard Stern
Kiss my ass - United Nations
Kiss my ass - All those Liberals
Kiss my ass - C'mon Sarah Brady
Kiss my ass - Oh, Courtney Love I've got your hole
Kiss my ass - Beavis, Butthead
Kiss my ass - How about Crips and Bloods

I've heard it all before
And we ain't gonna take it no more
When the goin' gets rough
When the goin' gets rough
When the goin's to tough

They oughta' KISS MY ASS!

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 1499
Location: south midlands, UK
A rope leash wrote:
Surely you see my point, though. The art must be judged, not the artist. Hitler kind of destroyed a lot of art from people he did not like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_art
Is this acceptable? If it were up to you, would you destroy Nugent just because he's an asshole? I think you would not.

I see your point, I'm not sure you're seeing others' points.
i.e. I (as in "you") have completely removed an artist's work from my collection / via media etc because he was an "asshole". I don't think I did, I know I did.
In fact, in light of what that "asshole" did, I now think anyone who still listens to him is an "asshole".
TT

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4805
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
calvin2hikers wrote:
This is probably more of his political view than the former.

Telegram for Mr Billary...

C'mon baby,
Yeah, big ol' wet one...hey!

Kiss my ass,
Kiss my ass, (c'mon, everybody ought'a)
Kiss my ass, (tastes pretty good)
Kiss my ass. (oh...)

Don't waste your time on me
I got my own direction
Watch me close, wait and see
I'm lookin' for perfection
I make up my own mind
And I'll leave you far behind
When the goin' gets tough
You can kiss my ass

I believe in animal rights
I let my dog hump on my shin
I can tolerate sexual choice
But not with the next of kin
I've heard it all before
I ain't gonna take any more
When the goin' gets tough
You can kiss my ass

Everybody!

Kiss my ass, (pucker up)
Kiss my ass (make it wet!)
Kiss my ass (hold the tongue!)
Kiss my ass, (c'mon babe)

I've heard it all before
I ain't gonna take no more, no no
When the goin' gets tough
You Can Kiss my ass!

I see the weenies with the dirty hair
Protestin' on the street
They condemn the clothes we wear
And the morality of what we eat, yeah
It's gotta be a fluke
They make me wanna puke
When the goin' gets tough
They can kiss my ass

Everybody gotta

Kiss my ass - C'mon gang bangers
Kiss my ass - Janet Reno
Kiss my ass - C'mon Billary
Kiss my ass - Callin' ol Jesse Jackson
Kiss my ass - How about the IRS
Kiss my ass - Hey, Howard Stern
Kiss my ass - United Nations
Kiss my ass - All those Liberals
Kiss my ass - C'mon Sarah Brady
Kiss my ass - Oh, Courtney Love I've got your hole
Kiss my ass - Beavis, Butthead
Kiss my ass - How about Crips and Bloods

I've heard it all before
And we ain't gonna take it no more
When the goin' gets rough
When the goin' gets rough
When the goin's to tough

They oughta' KISS MY ASS!


You may disagree, but it's not much better, is it?

A sort of I-would-like-to-be-a-right-wing-John-Lydon-but-have-no-imagination-whatsoever?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18768
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
deuce wrote:
... I now think anyone who still listens to him is an "asshole".
TT

You say that like it's a bad thing...

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5740
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
If he were only an asshole, that's one thing. He's a child molester.

A rope leash wrote:
Surely you see my point, though. The art must be judged, not the artist.

Hitler kind of destroyed a lot of art from people he did not like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_art

Is this acceptable? If it were up to you, would you destroy Nugent just because he's an asshole?

I think you would not.


I see your point. The guy is a pedophile, and the right thing for his record companies to do would be to discontinue his catalog and pull his records from store shelves and off of digital media sights like Amazon, iTunes and the like.

Not only should the guy NOT have a career, or be in any high profile position where he's allowed to speak to the masses, the guy should be locked up for life and castrated. In my opinion, anybody who, and especially molests children, and then boasts about it in smug fashion deserves to be buried in a six foot hole in the ground.

At minimum, Ted Nugent should be on a sex offender registry, but his pals from the Right and in the gun industry would rather protect a pedophile who helps them to sell product and get votes than to demand equal justice for what others with his exact same condition... but he's rich, white and an outspoken Right Wing gun wacko, so naturally, he's above the law.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7008
Location: exile
:arrow: .the rocker hinted at pressure to apologize from politician friends

ted nugent wrote:
I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame, enough americans to be ever vigilant, but not to let a chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the acorn community organizer gangster barack hussein obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the united states of america. I am heartbroken but I am not giving up.

what a fucking idiot redneck. he was never that great on guitar either. I remember that 70s lp, "cat scratch fever" and one or two after that. I thought he sucked even back then.

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Last edited by Lumpy Gravy on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:42 pm
Posts: 1020
Location: The Short Forest
He had a good run up until the Double Live Gonzo! album, which was over 35 yrs ago. Everything after that = crap. Anyone remember Damn Yankees? One of the gayest "supergroup" of all time! He's been living off of his reputation as some sort of legendary bad-ass rocker which is laughable. Yay! He hunts and eat what he kills. So does every other dude in my neighborhood.

Henry Rollins has a hilarious story about Van Halen opening for The Nuge in '79 in Largo MD. Obviously VH blew Ted off the stage. So during Ted's set when the crowd wouldn't stop screaming for more Van Halen, Uncle Ted threw a hissy-fit which only made the crowd more hostile towards him.

Saw him once, opened for Deep Purple/Skynyrd in '01 at some outdoor shed. Couldn't pass up lawn for it, great show by all. Total drunkfest. Last time he was in town here was some shithole bar in the sticks where hillbillies and '80s rock skanks regularly hang out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1822
"There's no need for apologies, guys.
You're rock stars.
You're supposed to be reckless and destructive and be celebrated for behavior that would land normal people in jail."
- Homer Simpson


"That's what I told them, Homer!" - Keith Richards










(I suspect a lot of popular musicians of great fame have had sex with underage girls. Even Frank...lets be real, young girls go apeshit for rock stars, and if she says she's eighteen who's gonna check Id's in the heat of the moment? That's just how it was back then and still probably today. It's completely uncouth to brag about having sex with a minor, but if nobody is going to prosecute you then you might as well. Fourteen is not so young according to some states, ask Jerry Lee Lewis. I doubt you would ever see any rock star bragging about squenching some eight-year old, though...that's real pedophilia, the kind that Pete Townsend was accused of after he was found to have downloaded child porn...so, burn all the Who records?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ted Nugent
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2157
Pete was just doing research. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group