Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:56 pm 

Attention: All you with more than two brats. That should get your attention. Why the fuck would anyone who poots forth a kid, think they are more righteous for doing so, than someone who doesn't choose to do so? ( a lot of times the kiddies are just an accident or a ticket to $$$'s or semi-respect or just cause ya can or afford too[status])
At 16 I made a conscience decision not to marry and have kids.* The world was over populated back then. Everyone who's had more than two kids since then, did ya really have to, or just want to, or were you taught to? We've doubled our population since, how many more times can the earth sustain our growth at the rate we're doubling it? This is a hard question because women and men are predisposed to reproduce. Then add all our good ol' religions that want you to follow the teachings of their churches & bables to go out and make more of "us"? They'll always pit us against them. (them is us!)
So, I'm wondering, why have more kids, even if you can afford it, in the first place? Ego? Religion. Ya can't care about your fellow man or earth and still have more than a couple of kids. They become adults who, thanks to you wanting more kids, now want kids of they're own too! Isn't it time we got rid of the "well I grew up in a large family so I want one too" ideology? In some of the 3rd world countries I can see why they try. It's because the little ones die before 3yrs old without prenatal care. That's all changing now. So in our westernized countries, why are we not encouraging folks to have less than 3 kids? BTW: I was the 3rd of 3 in my family. My own beliefs would have keep me out of this world and I still stand by them just the same.

*I have no respect for the so called sanctity of religious marriages as I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't been divorced at least once. :roll:

Well guys and gals? Can you talk about it without telling us how wonderful your kids are and how lucky you are to have them and yadda, yadda, yadda?
What I want to know is why does anyone want more than two? The few folks I know who aren't divorced only had two kids and then had their tubes tied! Think about it. :idea:
Now think about it again with your head. No knee-jerk reactions, please. Think of the earth and how many people is enough?
Is space migration mankind's only hope?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 pm 

I chose to only have one child, and I waited until I was in my 30's to even make that decision. I married for life, but my ex-wife didn't. She decided after 12 years to leave us and go back to New York, where she is from. She originally thought she would be able to take him to NY. I fought for and obtained custody of him. I have no intentions of having another child, and am not even looking for a relationship until my child is grown. I made an 18 year commitment at the very least. I intend to honor it, or die trying. I certainly do not consider myself any more important than those who choose not to have a child, and I agree with you on the over population aspect of your thread. There are 2 things in my life that will never happen again. I will never have another child, and I will never get married again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:40 pm 

Thanks Philo, it's an honest answer to an honest question. Thanks for sharing your opinion and position on the matter. 8)
I'm in a yuppie town who's married people with kids seem to act more important than the rest of us. I think not, although I'm willing to include them of course, they don't seem to be inclined to do anything with anyone, unless it's with other couples with kids. :roll: It's very polarizing for those of us that are single and childless. Single parents seem to be really cool, they're kids are too, compared to "The Married With Children" sect here. You'd think every single guy was a Roy "short eye's" Estrada waiting to happen!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:24 am 

I agree with your sentiments, but I have four kids. I have no particular affection for the institution of marriage, but I am married.
Its more a result of the way things have panned out rather than planned out.
FWIW, when I was a teenager, I also made a similar pledge, but 15 years ago, my girlfriend got pregnant.
So what does that make me. A hypocrite? Maybe
TT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:40 am 

People with kids to have that tendency to push themselves and their kids forward to the point of hostile agression.
I made the conscious decision of not having kids - unless there really is such a thing as a Mr Right and he wants kids - part of my argument is the over-population. The problem is not necessarily that there are so many people; the problem is that all those people need a house with spare bedroom, a car and parking spot, a TV, computer and a phone and an electric blanket and an automatic card shuffler.
Yet, FZ had four kids. None of them is FZ but they are all fantastic creative people in their own right.
Deuce - I don't think you're a hypocrite. People change, and if there is someone who changes you but greatly improves your life in doing so, indulge in that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:04 am 

deuce wrote:
I agree with your sentiments, but I have four kids. I have no particular affection for the institution of marriage, but I am married.
Its more a result of the way things have panned out rather than planned out.
FWIW, when I was a teenager, I also made a similar pledge, but 15 years ago, my girlfriend got pregnant.
So what does that make me. A hypocrite? Maybe
TT

So she forgot to take the pill and lied and trapped you? :mrgreen:
It happens and I'm not sayin' it happened to you, but it makes you think about the nesting instinct of us all. Did y'all feel at the time you needed more babies in your life than the one? Maybe to "make things better or the next step" A woman will make you believe it's all your fault either way, family or no. (poor them) Maybe not. But still! Who wants all these kids that can't be fed, clothed or loved without government or a church's help?
I know you love yours and more power to ya bro'! :wink: 8)
I'm sayin' you get more respect from the community here than a single guy is all. Trust me you do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:18 am 

BBP wrote:
People with kids to have that tendency to push themselves and their kids forward to the point of hostile agression.
I made the conscious decision of not having kids - unless there really is such a thing as a Mr Right and he wants kids - part of my argument is the over-population. The problem is not necessarily that there are so many people; the problem is that all those people need a house with spare bedroom, a car and parking spot, a TV, computer and a phone and an electric blanket and an automatic card shuffler.
Yet, FZ had four kids. None of them is FZ but they are all fantastic creative people in their own right.
Deuce - I don't think you're a hypocrite. People change, and if there is someone who changes you but greatly improves your life in doing so, indulge in that.

Well spoken my Nederlander cyber friend. I agree with most of that, but when I see two folks together that have no business breeding, I have to say something. Love is love, if you can afford it. If two people get together and marry and both are trying to "lead normal lives" but the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top, even though the lights are on. Should we be supporting them? I have mixed feelings about that. Then what about the kids they might have?
Questions.....I have a lot for folks that want or are thinking of having more than 2 kids. Is it really prudent, or are people just closing their minds at the time? :?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:23 am 

My first two I put in a sack and drowned in the river, If I had kept them, I knew my wife would use them as some kind of bargining tool and make my life a misery...We didn't have anymore kittens after that....Oh kid's, sorry my mistake, Thank Dog we never had any children, as after 18 years together we had fallen out of love and called it quits, we split every thing down the middle and as far as I was concerned we parted as friends. If there had been children in the mix, she would have turned the remainder of what passes for my life into some kind of hostage drama...What can I say the girl is crazy, It's been 23 years and I still get the odd obscene phone call, I went through eight years of multiple tax audits, instigated by her, she went through a phase of telling our mutual friends that I had died or gone to prison or both. I would bump into folks I hadn't seen for a while, and they would freak out thinking they were seeing a (gray) ghost, she had told them I had been killed in a horrifc car or hang gliding or climbing or boating or diving or hunting accident...In one car crash, I had apparently wiped out a bus load of school children..As I said she is one crazy mixed up lady....I have a number of friends and family who have kids, and they all love uncle Steve, and at the end of the day you can give them back, go home and listen to Zappa...Life is good...oops go to go the phones ringing :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:55 am 

I guess i agree generally, but the notion that having kids means government will have to take care of them? That is a new concept in the big picture, income tax to provide that did not start untill the early 1900's, i have no kids but that just turned out that way not that I didn't want them. Kids will be what keeps all this madness going. You have to agree this is a wonderful life, I love it , one only has to go out side and look, every one should have the chance to experience music, and life, but like voting imho child birth needs to preceded by some sort of test.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:15 am 

BBP wrote:
…..part of my argument is the over-population…..

I agree. Overpopulation may be the greatest threat to Earth. I chose not to sire any children.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:24 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
So she forgot to take the pill and lied and trapped you? :mrgreen:

Ha - all those - not necessarily in that order, or just the once either.
The over population thing - I see a difference between families having more than 2 kids because of 'culture' (islam, catholicism, anti-abortion etc), and between familes where planning went wrong. As an example, on my 40th, I had a few seconds to decide whether to withdraw or enjoy my birthday a little more - India born 9 months later...
TT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:53 am 

I got trapped also only a month or so before birth did I know.She was lying Bitch though so what can be expected when I split up with her Mother of my kids she said she went with me because she thought I had money I only stated going with the slag just before Christmas and remember I did not have money for a night out and she said we stay at my flat together but lied and saw her dolled up going out with her girlfriends so i threw her stuff out the window when they walked past :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:38 am 

Frank Zappa - that selfish son of a bit h! Four kids! What was he thinking? Moon gave us Valley Girl and Dweezil is a good guitar player so the first two are justifiable. After that things start getting a little sketchy. Ahmet gave us a little when he was the singer for Z but I could sure do without this Timothy Green shit. I won't even get into Diva.

If all that wasn't bad enough the Zappa children have all been reproducing like rabbits in the last several years.

Note to Zappa family if you are reading this: I'm sure you realize that I am kidding here (ha, kidding, get it?).

As for me, I sired one child and adopted another. Unfortunately, the marriage didn't work out but as long as I can take care of my family my motives are really nobody else's business. The real problem is all the people who have kids that have no ability or interest in taking care of them. There are also plenty of single, childless people who have a hard enough time taking care of themselves without the aid of the tax dollars from all of us responsible breeders (and non-breeders).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:04 am 

Of course people with kids are more important than those without. Society is based on exploitation. People with children are providing more fuel for the fire. Anyone in the baby-food or diaper business can tell you how important having children is. Anyone who owns a sweat shop understands the importance of procreation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:32 am 

Wow, a bunch of people who don't want kids commenting on whether people should have kids. I wonder which way the opinions will swing on this one?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:36 am 

^I want kids. My lawn needs mowing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:46 am 

I'm not commenting on whether people should have more kids or not, it's just that:
-right now over-population is a problem that is going to take a long time to solve;
-we have the technology in this day and age to plan families: birth control pill, morning after pill, hormone rings, depo shot, spiral implements, condom, condom for women, diaphragm, various methods of abortion for more extreme cases, sterilisation, vasectomy etc etc. Given the importance of family planning and the impact a child has, I truly don't understand why anyone would not use any of the methods us lucky lot have to their advantage. Barely a hundred years ago there was only the sheep bladder condom that gave security (besides complete abstinence of course). Today there's a plethora of secure methods to prevent kids from happening; why not use them?

DM: good one!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:48 am 

Without kids, Santa Claus would lose his job. Do YOU want to be responsible for THAT?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:57 am 

I think adults can learn a lot of positive things from being around children. The problem is, children learn a lot of negative things from being around adults. I am around children fairly often. My sisters and some of my friends have kids. I love 'em. I worry about 'em. Like BBP said: overpopulation is a problem.Let's face it, the human race has gone astray. Is your kid gonna turn it around? I hope so.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:08 am 

BBP wrote:
I'm not commenting on whether people should have more kids or not, it's just that:
-right now over-population is a problem that is going to take a long time to solve;
-we have the technology in this day and age to plan families: birth control pill, morning after pill, hormone rings, depo shot, spiral implements, condom, condom for women, diaphragm, various methods of abortion for more extreme cases, sterilisation, vasectomy etc etc. Given the importance of family planning and the impact a child has, I truly don't understand why anyone would not use any of the methods us lucky lot have to their advantage. Barely a hundred years ago there was only the sheep bladder condom that gave security (besides complete abstinence of course). Today there's a plethora of secure methods to prevent kids from happening; why not use them?

DM: good one!

My solution: voluntary incentive-laden sterilization. Offer new high def tv and free television for life for anyone willing to become sterilized. This offer would be very attractive to people who only have children by accident or are the most incapable of supporting and caring for children. This would save our governments and tax payers billions. Fewer criminals, homeless, drug addicts, and other ner'dowells and just fewer people period. And the beauty is that it would be all voluntary. Nobody would be messing with any bodies free will. This is a government program I could get behind. Bob Geldof could even have a concert to buy new TV's For Africa. Get China and India on board and we're in pretty good shape.

Last edited by KUIII on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:09 am 

BBP wrote:
Barely a hundred years ago there was only the sheep bladder condom that gave security (besides complete abstinence of course).
Today there's a plethora of secure methods to prevent kids from happening; why not use them?

And of all the people the Chinese with ejecting glue in the main vain :shock:
Because population ain't the problem whoever runs the show is,if there where 5 people on the planet some fucker would moan about something like why should they breed if things ain't run fair.

Last edited by cleon on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:11 am 

I have 3. Two from my ex-wife, and my second wife already had a child when I married her. My youngest is in college. I'm not sure where it came from, because I let my children decide on their own what direction they want to go in life, but she has had a drive to help people since she was a little girl. I have one who is in what you would call a pretty ordinary job, but he seems to like it. And my other son is in a pretty dead end job and seems to struggle on what he wants to do. There wasn't any religion around them growing up, but I've never discouraged or encouraged them either way. I don't know how many children are too much for one couple, but that woman who considers her pussy a fucking clown car in the 20 and Counting or whatever the hell it is probably needed to stop.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:22 am 

Stating the obvious: If it wasn't for fucking, none of us would be here.
(although, there are those who would not include Adam, Eve, nor Jesus)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:51 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Stating the obvious: If it wasn't for fucking, none of us would be here.
(although, there are those who would not include Adam, Eve, nor Jesus)

Even though I choose not to have any kids, I keep practicing all I can...just in case, ya just never know when it'll come in handy! < there's joke there. Don't touch it! :wink: 8)

It sounds like we all are for some kind of population control, short of government intrusion of course. Someone has to change the dogma of all the religions that want all their parishioners to go forth and multiply and then poot forth some more. When will they ever say "that's enough!". Never, that's when. More kids means more money. Ever wonder why Health Care is the fastest growing market place for jobs and investment? Over population is big biz! :roll: That's just sick, imho.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:23 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
It sounds like we all are for some kind of population control, short of government intrusion of course

The crusaders can drop population though breeding.
RELIGION is fair you need it or don't :wink: