Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356 ... 372  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:41 am 

There is no partial to the story here ( http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index ... er_default ), hence...

Quote:
The state’s projected surplus this year is $4.6 billion.
...and...
Quote:
California’s economy has produced a million new jobs since the end of 2010.

And more than one million workers got raises after Brown signed a bill that boosted the state’s minimum wage from $8 an hour to $9 an hour in July. California’s minimum wage will jump again to $10 an hour in 2016.
I realize that Libertarians, Republicans and fiscal Conservatives don't like or want to hear that their solutions don't work. It goes without saying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:54 am 

5 billion deficit surplus, great very good, But.......... the rest of the story, 350 billion dollar DEBT, so divide that buy the 5 billion extra, and how many years to pay off the debt? 70 years !!! so now that I had to explain 3rd grade math to sb, maybe he understands that the deficit surplus is good but only a small way to getting California's budget on track, perhaps if you read the link you will see that their governor explains this. Mr Brown also explains that his monstrous debt is largely UNFUNDED , and the deficit surplus is being used for other things. So SB get a life hopefully without all the rhetoric , you sure love big government, and said government spending your money and telling you what is good for you, gee you might like living with the likes of comrade putin he might buy your hippie free everything outlook on life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:10 pm 

The level of ignorance in which you refuse to accept the actual numbers and data is falling dangerously close to Disco Douche proportions.

Where the fuck are you getting this number, $350 billion defecit from? The article clearly states...

Quote:
California emerges from a dark period in which the state budget deficit ballooned to $25 billion

There's a substantial difference between 25 billion and 350 billion. duh.

Clearly BS, as per usual, you are full of BS. Your numbers are only 1300% over inflated. I'm sure your militia pals with the brown shirts, shaven bald heads and white trash prison swastika tattoo's eat your crap up like a box of hamburger helper from Wal-Mart. Zeig heil der Bravo "zee Zyklon gas" Sierra.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:31 pm 

Ok name calling; idiot' I said 350 billion DEBT, there is a difference, you would use the DEFICIT surplus to pay the debt, got it ? read the link it is the facts as quoted by governor Brown you fucking moron. I really find it humorous when you think you know so much and are so incorrect.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 pm 

Read the link moron, here it is again http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 2I&cad=rja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:11 am 

Channel 4 put out a documentary last night, showing that at least 2 hospitals in the UK used their medical trash, with among that dead fetuses, to generate electricity.

I sense a metal song.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:16 am 

Sad but true......

Maybe thats where Brian Eno got the idea for his Baby's on fire song

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:45 am 

Pres. Obama is giving a speech in the Netherlands, was just asked will the US stop gathering info on American citizens, he is still beating around the bush lying and saying the nsa never did such a thing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 am 

BBP wrote:
Channel 4 put out a documentary last night, showing that at least 2 hospitals in the UK used their medical trash, with among that dead fetuses, to generate electricity.

I sense a metal song.

Power to the People, brought to you by the little people.

What should they do with them? Start a little graveyard?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:

I sense a metal song.

Power to the People, brought to you by the little people.

What should they do with them? Start a little graveyard?

Fertiliser for the kinder garden
(one for the bad joke thread)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:39 am 

Their parents should at least get the opportunity to claim the little body, whatever brings them comfort. Most cemeteries here have a little plot for such burials, with a small monument and a little painted rock for each of the deceased but wanted wee ones. Horrible sight, that is.

And that band Cemetary has made it very hard for me to spell cemetery.

Speaking of burials, I'll have to attend a cremation on Monday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:52 am 

BBP wrote:
Their parents should at least get the opportunity to claim the little body, whatever brings them comfort.

I agree that the parents should have the opportunity to grieve anyway they want and should be notified. I thought these where unwanted or aborted fetuses. If not claimed they're cremated. Doesn't sound so bad when put like that, eh?

I've never been to a cremation. What's that ceremony entail beside fire? :?:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:04 am 

Yes KK what a deal, let the parent decide what to do with the body, in the case of abortion, make the body available for stem cell research. Maybe of help in cancer research....... my mom died at 46 due to cancer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:25 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Yes KK what a deal, let the parent decide what to do with the body, in the case of abortion, make the body available for stem cell research. Maybe of help in cancer research....... my mom died at 46 due to cancer.

That's a good idea, it might help a lot of people right now. If we'd have started the research before the religious zealots jumped on board, banning fetal research, thousand of lives could've been saved!
Sorry about your Mom BS. That's way to young to have your life taken away by a disease that we should be able to find a cure for.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:36 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BBP wrote:
Their parents should at least get the opportunity to claim the little body, whatever brings them comfort.

I agree that the parents should have the opportunity to grieve anyway they want and should be notified. I thought these where unwanted or aborted fetuses. If not claimed they're cremated. Doesn't sound so bad when put like that, eh?

I've never been to a cremation. What's that ceremony entail beside fire? :?:

So far I've been to 2 cremations. Basically what happens in this neck of the woods, is there's a memorial service for the deceased, after that the attendants may walk up to the coffin and look at it for a few moments, then they leave the auditorium. The deceased is not actually being burned while the attendants of the service could still be at the crematory.
After that, ashes may be scattered at the special scattering field, or taken home in an urn, or left in an urn at the cemetery in the urn wall, or buried in the urn. In NL there's a waiting period of a month for the next of kin to decide what to do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:44 am 

IMO a woman should have no rights over an aborted foetus, unless its on medical advice.
The foetus should be treated in a dignified way though - reseach / cremation fine, but medical trash? No way.
TT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:01 pm 

An abortion is a very intense experience that can cause major psychological trauma with the mother, and it's in everybody's best interest (except for the kid of course, depending on your views) if the woman who had the abortion is allowed to have the fetus, if she desires to part with it in a more respectful way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:27 pm 

BBP wrote:
An abortion is a very intense experience that can cause major psychological trauma with the mother, and it's in everybody's best interest (except for the kid of course, depending on your views) if the woman who had the abortion is allowed to have the fetus, if she desires to part with it in a more respectful way.

Well, if its a choice of going to the mother or medical trash, maybe. But maybe not.
To be honest, most abortions are unrecognisable - they usually end up pulverised in a bag from the suction apparatus. It would be very simple for the hospital / clinc to collect them and dispose of them in a respectful way, rather than haggle over 'ownership'.
TT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:08 pm 

Was responding to the first sentence of that post, which is rather harsh. But you're right: abortion here is allowed up to 13 weeks, and then it's still an unrecognizable little squirt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:34 am 

Forum down / up:
Didn't realise how dependent I was on it.
TT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:58 am 

Me neither.

I am BBP and I'm a Zappaholic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 am 

Exhausted my selection of search engines, harassed my telco (got a better deal, larger data cap for less money) but still no forum....till this morning :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:23 am 

Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin separated.
Coldplay are my secret shame, and she is easy on the eye too...
But they are probably a pair of ****s.
TT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:34 am 

What? A pair of what?!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:34 am 

Boobs?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356 ... 372  Next